Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

"I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim (48276 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Angela Okorie: How Hired Assassins Shot Me (Graphic Video) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Kosoco(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2022
DarkJeddi:
So shooting him was better?

A Policeman who goes about shooting at civilians..

For not winding down their vehicle glasses..

Should be applauded?
very wrong not at all comrade...
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Sheleads(f): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Joking? Is he new in Nigeria ? They know tell am say police men naa another terrorist crew we have in naija grin grin thank God for your life.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Gkemz: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2022
The driver sounded like a believer with such mercy and compassion for the policeman who ought to be dismissed from the service. Imagine being shot and still you are not demanding for the punishment of the officer, rather you are pleading the public to remain calm. I've never seen someone as merciful and calm as this driver. I wish him a quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2022
That's an aggressive move from the police officer's perspective.
Slimsaj:
You cannot wind down but you can decide to park and come down
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Rastaramsey(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2022
The idiot said the police man didn't do it intentionally grin grin

Them for knack you well make you dey six feet...
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by samwash(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

You dint believe this story even after all the proven horror stories of what uniformed men do. Then you contradict yourself by calling them vampires. This "it didnt happen to me so e no concern me" is what remains a problem in that shithole.

So you didn't comprehend the first sentence.
The truck driver is covering up something, without argument the policeman shot at him. I believe they may have had little argument between themselves or the action of the driver may have provoke the policeman.
Policemen in road block that are looking for any little thing to extort motorist & this man go dey claim say he papers correct or him nor carry overload.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by lantres000(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:
I don't just like police... But one can tell that this man was lying sha...
He indeed disrespected the police officer...
If u were stopped by a police officer, the first thing to do was to switch off your Radio so u can hear, bring down your window to know what he/ she wanted...

An average Nigerian man is totally aggressive... The way he was talking to this reporter, assuming he used that same tone, I don't think there would be a problem...

Indeed police officers needed reorientation and training on how to handle humans in more respectful manner in Nigeria...

Bros trust me Nigeria police men need full mental evaluation. I have been on a check point close to Okada along Lagos Benin express, and ran into a SARS check point. While they were checking my papers, there was this group of people they stopped, i think 2 guys and a girl. They all came out of the car while the guy was attending to the SARS guy the girl was leaning on the shoulder of the other guy ( which i think is her BF ) and from no where another SARS guy asked him why will he be so cozy with a girl at this early time of the day. The guy simply said "Oga na my babe na you know how e dey be na". He said this thing jokingly !!!.Oga police flared up and descended on this guy, beat him mercilessly. See the biggest favor we Nigerians did for ourselves was ENDSARS. The next is to advocate for Mental evaluation of police men.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by YaQsGaYa(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Some of this truck drivers are very arrogant definitely something most have triggered the animal to shoot the driver...
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Flo36: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2022
Trigger free Nigeria cops only misbehave with their guns when they face armless civilians but notify them of a robbery operation close to them they will remove their uniforms and run away
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by HilcomTech(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2022
There are two sides to a story. What I know is that many of these truck drivers behave like beasts on the road.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2022
samwash:

So you didn't comprehend the first sentence.
The truck driver is covering up something, without argument the policeman shot at him. I believe they may have had little argument between themselves or the action of the driver may have provoke the policeman.
Policemen in road block that are looking for any little thing to extort motorist & this man go dey claim say he papers correct or him nor carry overload.

You know the driver is covering up because you were there abi. Now you are telling us your beliefs and somehow because you believe it means it must be true and we all must agree. SMH
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by mukthar2000(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2022
I thought policeman who shot me was joking when he cocked his gun

You though the was joking with Gun abiiu make u first run away first, Ahhh u don't like ur self oo
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 8:32am On Jan 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Where u there?? The policeman said he he disrespected them, the driver mentality going by his narration was wrong and inpatient. Even abroad u wind down ur window in the snow to talk to a law enforcement officer. Nonsense
You were the one saying he misbehaved. I dont see what is rude in anything there . You are just trying to spin a narrative and blame the victim.
Even the abroad you speak of I have not heard a case where the police shot someone because he refused to roll down his window but continue. This is why you people deserve the type of country you live in. Enjoy it
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Engrpatpeters(m): 8:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Always try to do everything the police on check point as you to do to prevent any wahala ooo

Please click on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FezAu7JfEoI pls watch and comment
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by samwash(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

You know the driver is covering up because you were there abi. Now you are telling us your beliefs and somehow because you believe it means it must be true and we all must agree. SMH

Am not forcing you to dive into my belief, we are all humans, we all have different perspective & different ways to analyze events & circumstances.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jaxxy(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

You were the one saying he misbehaved. I dont see what is rude in anything there . You are just trying to spin a narrative and blame the victim.
Even the abroad you speak of I have not heard a case where the police shot someone because he refused to roll down his window but continue. This is why you people deserve the type of country you live in. Enjoy it

Did I say he should be shot at?? undecided that was not premeditated and I said I cud all have been avoided which is the truth. If an officer talks to u should u reply? How do u reply with ur windows up?? We probably don’t know if he even snubbed the officer since he never wants to be flagged down since other smaller cars were allowed.

The driver was wrong 1st and the police was next by his reaction.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by tarantino1: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

the Officer needed his head examined because u can't just aim at a defenceless person just like that...

The victim has No weapon... Nothing.. just shot him in the @ss which means he turned his back on the officers...

That man has 50% of the blame as well.. Polite and well mannered Nigerian male citizens is always mistaken for weak men by the society...It was always when they were explaining what happened u will see an element of meekness in them... I don't know if it was to draw more sympathy or something...
Though the story sounds strange..

How does he deserve 50% of the blame?

How does the act of 'being rude' justify being shot to accord the man 50% of the blame?

Una no just get sense for this forum

Some of you fools throw away your brains snd jump in here to type absolute shit.

With fools like you as citizens who are ever ready to act as bitches and lapdogs for policemen when they behave like touts, they will never change.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 8:59am On Jan 23, 2022
samwash:

Am not forcing you to dive into my belief, we are all humans, we all have different perspective & different ways to analyze events & circumstances.

Im pointing out that your perspective is flawed. A man was almost killed for no reason. The only reason a man should be shot at is if he tried to harm the policeman. Anything short of a condemnation is you supporting the actions of the policeman here. Its just sad that when things like this happen your first reaction is to somehow cast doubt on the victim or make it look like someone is trying to tell a lie.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2022
tarantino1:

How does the act of 'being rude' justify being shot to accord the man 50% of the blame?

Una no just get sense for this forum

Some of you fools throw away your brains snd jump in here to type absolute shit.

With fools like you as citizens who are ever ready to act as bitches and lapdogs for policemen when they behave like touts, they will never change.

Isnt it sad? These are the fools people died in Lekki trying to fight for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by BafanaBafana: 9:03am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

the Officer needed his head examined because u can't just aim at a defenceless person just like that...

The victim has No weapon... Nothing.. just shot him in the @ss which means he turned his back on the officers...

That man has 50% of the blame as well.. Polite and well mannered Nigerian male citizens is always mistaken for weak men by the society...It was always when they were explaining what happened u will see an element of meekness in them... I don't know if it was to draw more sympathy or something...
Though the story sounds strange..
Did you hear the story of the Apo six killings?
Where a police officer killed 6 young men in cold blood because he felt disrespected.
There is no law that said you should respect policemen like they are your fathers. In the US, the police will give you clear instructions - wind down your glass, get out of the vehicle, etc.
Don't encourage animalistic behaviour please.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by tarantino1: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2022
lantres000:

Bros trust me Nigeria police men need full mental evaluation. I have been on a check point close to Okada along Lagos Benin express, and ran into a SARS check point. While they were checking my papers, there was this group of people they stopped, i think 2 guys and a girl. They all came out of the car while the guy was attending to the SARS guy the girl was leaning on the shoulder of the other guy ( which i think is her BF ) and from no where another SARS guy asked him why will he be so cozy with a girl at this early time of the day. The guy simply said "Oga na my babe na you know how e dey be na". He said this thing jokingly !!!.Oga police flared up and descended on this guy, beat him mercilessly. See the biggest favor we Nigerians did for ourselves was ENDSARS. The next is to advocate for Mental evaluation of police men.

You dey mind that mumu man.

Policemen wey almost descend on me and my guy because we were walking at night.

No plus, no minus
That was it.

After going through that, one mumu go kon talk say na 50/50

grin
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by greatness77: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2022
sapientia:

You are not fit for a civil society
one day it will be your turn
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by tarantino1: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

Isnt it sad? These are the fools people died in Lekki trying to fight for.

Nigerian have this self righteous attitude that is so infuriating.

I remember the distasteful comments here during the Itunu's case as well.

So annoying.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by pocohantas(f): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2022
I hate Nigerian police pass anything. Once I see them on the road, my day is spoilt, but since I intend to stay alive, I just give them their way and go my own way too.

2 Likes

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Babastrong(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2022
If you wanted to kill me and god narrowly saved me. You won't live to attempt it the second time.
LAW 10.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2022
tarantino1:

Nigerian have this self righteous attitude that is so infuriating.

I remember the distasteful comments here during the Itunu's case as well.

So annoying.

Im not surprised. They will justify anything that is bad. Murder, rape, stealing...... There is always a reason why something bad should happen to someone.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nicepoker(m): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2022
post=109609560:
Is the animal of a cop dead yet ?
And what do you intend doing with the cop corpse. SMH.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nicepoker(m): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2022
[s]
post=109609575:
All Nigeria Police need TOTAL reorientation,,
We have been saying this for years now.

Something must CHANGE.

WE CANNOT continue to live in fear of the people they pay our taxes to guide and protect us.

Sigh!
cry
[/s]
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by greatness77: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Rastaramsey:
The idiot said the police man didn't do it intentionally grin grin

Them for knack you well make you dey six feet...
dont mind dat aboki, dats why bandits normaly flush dem out and they keeps shouting sai baba
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Shalommy(f): 9:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank God your blokos escaped the bullet. Chaii.. Man for remain useless for life. cheesy
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Richy4(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2022
tarantino1:

[s]Una no just get sense for this forum

Some of you fools throw away your brains[b] snd shocked jump in here to type absolute shit.

[s]With fools like you as citizens who are ever ready to act as bitches and lapdogs for policemen when they behave like touts, they will never change
.[/s]

That's just what I'm talking about... You think I will stoop to your level?...To a little kid just writing his JAMB?....That will be insulting my sensibility...Have a good day.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Richy4(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2022
lantres000:

I believe you buddy some of them were not supposed to take up that honorable job...
Some of them enforce laws with anger and frustration. giving some of them guns should be on mental evaluation... some of them deserves to be holding only Police baton

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jukun Militants Attack Farmers In Taraba (Graphic Photos) / 3 Men Arrested In Zaria For Kidnapping Their Neighbor's 4-Year-Old Son / Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.