Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

"I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim (48274 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Angela Okorie: How Hired Assassins Shot Me (Graphic Video) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2022
sapientia:

You are not fit for a civil society

Cc: aka NLPolicewoman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 7:15am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:
I don't just like police... But one can tell that this man was lying sha...
He indeed disrespected the police officer...
If u were stopped by a police officer, the first thing to do was to switch off your Radio so u can hear, bring down your window to know what he/ she wanted...

An average Nigerian man is totally aggressive... The way he was talking to this reporter, assuming he used that same tone, I don't think there would be a problem...

Indeed police officers needed reorientation and training on how to handle humans in more respectful manner in Nigeria...

you guys need to get your heads checked...regardless of how the policeman was addressed, is shooting an armless civilian an excuse? The Nigerian society has made a lot of you take insanity as a norm!!!! Like really? A policeman shot someone and this is all you could type?

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Elsueno: 7:17am On Jan 23, 2022
But Bros why didn't u just wind the glass na, that's ur first offense, now, the second one is, coming down from the vehicle and making ur way towards the police man without being asked to.

U see ehn, Nigerian police officers can. e aggressive & really jumpy...if u are approaching thier check point, lower ur radio volume, wine down ur car windows & say morning officer, how is work.....there is no need to be rude & risk getting shot.

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 7:17am On Jan 23, 2022
KosiGee:
Police man was reckless and unprofessional but this driver should’ve known better. Mr driver was rude…yes he was rude. Some one was outside there in the cold for heavens knows how long. He stopped your vehicle, approached you but you chose to ignore him when he asked you questions.
Why not wind down your window? You were cold?? That was the reason you couldn’t and didn’t wind down and window and at least say a simply ‘Goodmorning or good afternoon officer’…..how difficult was that?

Nothing justifies the violent action of the policeman but com on….mr Abdullahi should’ve responded differently and more respectful. He ignored the policeman and also didn’t wind down when he was approached.
you guys need to get your heads checked...regardless of how the policeman was addressed, is shooting an armless civilian an excuse? The Nigerian society has made a lot of you take insanity as a norm!!!! Like really?
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

the Officer needed his head examined because u can't just aim at a defenceless person just like that...

The victim has No weapon... Nothing.. just shot him in the @ss which means he turned his back on the officers...

That man has 50% of the blame as well.. Polite and well mannered Nigerian male citizens is always mistaken for weak men by the society...It was always when they were explaining what happened u will see an element of meekness in them... I don't know if it was to draw more sympathy or something...
Though the story sounds strange..
please remove the last paragraph, there was no need to shoot an armless civilian, regardless of how he addressed the officer!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by cayorday89(m): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Unwarranted joke of the millennium.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by eyinjuege: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Not every police officer should have guns.
Train and retrain a few that should be allowed guns
Many of them are not normal
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by KosiGee(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2022
sleek82:
you guys need to get your heads checked...regardless of how the policeman was addressed, is shooting an armless civilian an excuse? The Nigerian society has made a lot of you take insanity as a norm!!!! Like really?

Prove that you are not re tarded. Go back and read the post that you quoted. Read slowly if that will help.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2022
sapientia:

You are not fit for a civil society

That dude is the same person supporting Buhari. he is always inciting but the Mods here never ban him for reasons best known to them. He behaves like as if he cannot live with humans. just imagine the unfortunate statement undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by izubext007: 7:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Just like saying that a cobra is joking wen you woke up and saw it on ur bed
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Kubernetes: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2022
The officer must surely be under the influence of Burukutu that early mng to have behaved that way.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by muheeb01(m): 7:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Joking ke,people that needs comprehensive and detailed mental evaluation before given the job....once u see a policeman threaten you with gun,just beg or do exactly what they want,most of them no normal oo
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2022
jaxxy:

I’m not justifying it. I condemn both of them bt the driver was the 1st to misbehave and I explained how we prevent such unnecessary issues.
So not winding down your window during a cold is misbehaving. SMH
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Reference(m): 7:34am On Jan 23, 2022
post=109609575:
All Nigeria Police need TOTAL reorientation,,
We have been saying this for years now.

Something must CHANGE.

WE CANNOT continue to live in fear of the people they pay our taxes to guide and protect us.

Sigh!
cry

I see.
But when the endSARS movement was on folks like you said it was an insurrection aimed at removing the government and promptly hailed when it was hijacked by hoodlums and crushed by agents of the status-quo ante.
Now let me see how you will make an omelette of a civilized police service without breaking the eggs of institutional systemic maladministration.
Perhaps your solution will be to appeal, to beg them to change their ways....
I just laugh.
Fellow, many more lives will be needlessly lost until we wake up and forcefully demand for better governance, not just in the police but across board.
There is not a single advanced nation today not having determined social activism presently or has passed through the furnace of revolutionary change.
Wake up man. This country is not getting better.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jaxxy(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

So not winding down your window during a cold is misbehaving. SMH

Where u there?? The policeman said he he disrespected them, the driver mentality going by his narration was wrong and inpatient. Even abroad u wind down ur window in the snow to talk to a law enforcement officer. Nonsense
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by kareemkamil(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2022
The dangerous people who are animals in uniform are Nigeria Police men and Nigeria Army.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2022
Ademola47:

The Punch

Mentally deranged men in uniform
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by afamaustin(m): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2022
I was passing one police check point along ontisha owerre road l didn't wine my window down the police man told me next time he will use his gun to wine it down for me.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Entprys(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2022
Next time you behave well
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Femeto: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2022
Naija police.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Slimsaj: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2022
This story doesnt seem to add up
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Digmygold: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Don't be a dumb man. The Police Officer did it deliberately. You have messed up your case when you should have sought for justice and compensation. Ignorance is truly a disease.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Blexino(f): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2022

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Digmygold: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Entprys:
Next time you behave well

You talking BS.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Slimsaj: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2022
You cannot wind down but you can decide to park and come down
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by ALFADOS(m): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2022
What do you call this now
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Entprys(m): 7:56am On Jan 23, 2022
Digmygold:

You talking BS.
Lots of sense in BS
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Originalsly: 8:01am On Jan 23, 2022
Not saying the Police is right .... but knowing how Police be.... why not wind down the window?... if he can hear the Police then the Police can hear him if he spoke loud enough. Too cold to wind down the window but can get out of the truck when not asked to? .... and how can he think the Police was joking after firing in the air?.... I think this guy is just too simple minded.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Yes, no doubt the police officer should be be investigated and punished if necessary.

The truck driver also contributed to the problem.

He was not following instructions given to him, first he refused to wind the windows down and likely ignored any other commands and questions.

Then the only reason the officer would be cocking his gun is if he was trying to warn the driver to follow instructions perhaps to remain in his vehicle, but our driver thought the officer was joking.

If you are ignoring an officer instruction, you are already showing an aggressive attitiude, to ignore him and start getting out of the vehicle especially if you were not asked to or were asked to remain in your vehicle, you are now considered to be making an aggressive move.

The officer cocking his gun was a a non-verbal warning the driver ignored, then the warning shots were also ignored until he was shot .

Do not move aggressively to anybody with a gun, not even police officers. An officer could fear you may suddenly rush him to disarm him or even stab him, hence reason they sometimes request you remain in your vehicle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jukun Militants Attack Farmers In Taraba (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Olusegun Oyetunji Arrested For Taking Nude Photos Of His Female Members / Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.