Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

"I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim (48280 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Angela Okorie: How Hired Assassins Shot Me (Graphic Video) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2022
KosiGee:

Prove that you are not re tarded. Go back and read the post that you quoted. Read slowly if that will help.
the fact that you stated the man should have rolled down the glass says you partially blame the civilian...there is no justification for the policeman to have shot an unharmed civilian. Again, you guys need your heads checked!!!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Richy4(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2022
BafanaBafana:

Did you hear the story of the Apo six killings?
Where a police officer killed 6 young men in cold blood because he felt disrespected.
There is no law that said you should respect policemen like they are your fathers. In the US, the police will give you clear instructions - wind down your glass, get out of the vehicle, etc.
Don't encourage animalistic behaviour please.

Actually, Every where in the world, you don't need to be instructed to winddown your car window when you were being stopped by an officer of the law... it's just common sense...If u don't, they will knock on your window and make a sign for u to winddown.. it's a normal process.

You don't alight from your car when you were being stopped by a police officer, except if he/she instructs you to do so...Because they ( the officers do not know the weapon you have within you).... doing so without instructions shows sign of aggression...
Maybe they should also train Nigerian motorists on what to do when approached by an officer because most of you don't get it..
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by tunize(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2022
That question how your journey na money question if the glass was down na howfar find me small thing.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jclassiq(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Irrational Basta*ds!

Weapon in their hand makes them believe they have the power to do anything.

An ordinary "feeling" that someone has disrespected you, the next thing is to shoot him with a live bullet!!!

What is wrong with these people's thinking faculty?

What now makes this type of policeman different from an ordinary criminal walking the streets?

Is the gun now like a koboko or a cane, that you can even use to whip someone if you feel so furious ?(which is not even lawful sef).

Even if you "feel" that the driver refused to wind down out of disregard, why not be doubly sure by actually, verbally demanding him to wind down, and see whether he obliges or not.

The problems of this country is too many. Let us try to reduce it by always being a good citizen at any given moment.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Emmaskill(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2022
Believe the driver's story at ur own risk.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Meteng: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Irrespective of the fact that he shouldn't have been shot, he's lying sha. He must have said something that infuriated the policeman, and in trying to shoot into the air, stray bullet got him. Our policemen need to be thoroughly trained, because on the road, you're gonna meet the unruly, coarse, diplomatic, etc
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by DarkJeddi(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
samwash:
Well, I don't believe this story,he truck driver is trying to cover up something.
A typical Nigeria policeman will stop you, because you didn't wind down the window will just shot at up like that. Maybe the police officer would have demanded something & the truck driver had a little argument with him.
Well they are all vampire in uniform.
So this would be the first time a Nigerian Policeman shoots a civilian,just because he could?

The reasonable ones among them would shoot you only when you argue with them?
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by dreyboard(m): 11:35am On Jan 23, 2022
He thought the policeman was joking not knowing they are bunch of animals..., Nigeria police are just government legalize criminals
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by MouthofdGods: 11:47am On Jan 23, 2022
Actually he was supposed to wind down without being told.
It's just like driving with tinted glasses. If you get to a check point, how are they supposed to see the inside of the vehicle If you dont wind down?
However the cop was wrong to shoot

The Punch[/quote]
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Digmygold: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Entprys:

Lots of sense in BS

Nah
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
sapientia:

You are not fit for a civil society

I tell u
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by omoba2012(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
U must be a cop killer supporter and hypocrite..i mean are u ok? The driver an arned robber??a police man shooting an innocent citizien 4 no reason?come on?

jaxxy:
So the police allowed smaller cars to pass means he shouldn’t stop and search ur trailer?? U are comparing ur possible contraband carrying trailer to small vehicles that they can glance into and see the occupants??

Then the police approached u and spoke calmly u cudnt wind down and respond properly? Sometimes we behave anyhow and expect the other person to treat us better. Bt How is that possible?

I don’t support the reckless shooting bt it cud all have been prevented if u behaved like a normal responsibile citizen.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by xeju: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ademola47:

The Punch
He didn't do it to you intentionally, these are some of the victims that frustrate justice. Maybe the bullet should have gone to an organ more vital or your story his a lie. People don't know that when you bring evil people to book, you're saving another human
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by executive12: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Surprised he didn't suddenly start blaming the fulani government for being so wicked and tribalist maybe he could also add a few Buhari insults...

He didn't even curse the police officer that shot him.

Too many fools in this country.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by KingOfBoyz1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
cry why didn't you die All of ya are terrorist.. He's coming to finish you off shocked run with one yansh o
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Germi9: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
doggedfighter:
Useless police force.

There's something about that police work that makes a monster out of even a decent human being once join them.

They always have that twisted look.

Just like working in the park or as a conductor disfigures one character and behaviour.

Never seen a sane agbero in my life !

There is something about the gun…
Not only Police,it possesses
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by doggedfighter(f): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
sleek82:
the fact that you stated the man should have rolled down the glass says you partially blame the civilian...there is no justification for the policeman to have shot an unharmed civilian. Again, you guys need your heads checked!!!

He quoted me and I didn't bother to reply him because it beats me how a sane human would blame a victim of brutality. And justify the police for shooting an unarmed driver for not winding down . It's madness and nothing more.

His mention made me livid but I chose to ignore.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by doggedfighter(f): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Germi9:

There is something about the gun…
Not only Police,it possesses

I think you are very correct, the touts and conductors.what about them? grin
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Germi9: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
doggedfighter:

I think you are very correct, the touts and conductors.what about them? grin
The matter tire person jor

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jaxxy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
omoba2012:

U must be a cop killer supporter and hypocrite..i mean are u ok? The driver an arned robber??a police man shooting an innocent citizien 4 no reason?come on?

Are u sure u know how to read and comprehend??
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Rabihe: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
The NPF has not done a good job psychologically towards it's staff
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Tzar(m): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
How do you argue with a man holding a loaded gun? Wait until he is not in possession of the gun if you have to do that na?!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Adau123(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
Naija people and leave it for go mentality

Na him make we lawyers no dey get work

Seek redress in a court of law no way
Satanic lawyer praying for bad things to happen so that you will get case.Mr lawyer use your tongue and count your teeth
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Adau123(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Satanic lawyer.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by DONFASZY(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Avoid police man with gun
Give dem with dey like n move
Fight small for ur right as far as Nigeria is concern
Run away with ur life completely
No b fear
N wisdom or u wise
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Hiq0: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Really
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by BafanaBafana: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

Actually, Every where in the world, you don't need to be instructed to winddown your car window when you were being stopped by an officer of the law... it's just common sense...If u don't, they will knock on your window and make a sign for u to winddown.. it's a normal process.

You don't alight from your car when you were being stopped by a police officer, except if he/she instructs you to do so...Because they ( the officers do not know the weapon you have within you).... doing so without instructions shows sign of aggression...
Maybe they should also train Nigerian motorists on what to do when approached by an officer because most of you don't get it..
Pheeew!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Mamijoh(f): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
shuttox:
God will heal you
Amen
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 6:36am On Jan 24, 2022
doggedfighter:

He quoted me and I didn't bother to reply him because it beats me how a sane human would blame a victim of brutality. And justify the police for shooting an unarmed driver for not winding down . It's madness and nothing more.

His mention made me livid but I chose to ignore.
like I said before, the insanity in the society is making people take questionable actions as a norm...you don't argue with a policeman, you shouldn't be wearing a camouflage, you should not overtake a bullion van, you don't have rights when talking to a policeman or soldier and all that sh*t. I fear for the next generation!!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2022
BafanaBafana:

Pheeew!
you people should stop justifying rubbish like we have not traveled round the same world...there is no justification for the policeman to shoot him directly even if he stepped out of his car. Because the madness happens in US police versus blacks doesn't make it right or the norm...it is wrong on every side. If a policeman doesn't tell you to get out of the car and you do, the highest should be to restrain you or use taser unless the policeman sees a weapon (then that's a different story). We have countries whose police don't even carry guns!!!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by sleek82(m): 6:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Richy4:

you people should stop justifying rubbish like we have not traveled round the same world...there is no justification for the policeman to shoot him directly even if he stepped out of his car. Because the madness happens in US police versus blacks doesn't make it right or the norm...it is wrong on every side. If a policeman doesn't tell you to get out of the car and you do, the highest should be to restrain you or use taser unless the policeman sees a weapon (then that's a different story). We have countries whose police don't even carry guns!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Men Arrested In Zaria For Kidnapping Their Neighbor's 4-Year-Old Son / Pastor Olusegun Oyetunji Arrested For Taking Nude Photos Of His Female Members / Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.