Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216281 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 8:31am On Jul 31, 2022
Anonymouz007:
Pls which site can I get a cheap flight. Abuja to Glasgow. Budget is 300k.
A quick response will be appreciated.
Qatar airways is the best deal atm. Go make a booking in their standard chatered building opposite silver bird galleria.
B.a wanted to charge me and family to aberdeen 8 million, virgin 9.3 million but I got qatar for 2.86 million family of 4 one way

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valolisa147: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2022
Please try and get to any northern state in Nigeria and it will be done in one week. Gombe, Kano and the rest. Cheers
JustSynergy:
Thank you really much.
The POF is ready and still running.
Other necessities are set.
The only issue here is the passport.
I wish there was a way to fast rack the renewal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sweetlorla(f): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

If he isn't traveling with you at the moment it is a No

If he isn't dependant on you financially it is also a No

When he is ready to apply he will be joining you in the UK which is perfectly fine

Also his information appears as your spouse so it will be noted
You are on track

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cutebear: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2022
Please, guys, my friend has submitted her UK student visa application. She has been denied 3 times in the past for some reasons but nothing insincere. She also stated the refusals in her application form.

First refusal -Sep 2014 - She was an NYSC corper and she wanted to travel for her brother's Masters graduation in the UK. She was refused because the ECO said that corpers are not allowed to travel out of Nigeria during their service year.
2nd refusal -Nov 2019 - She had a well-paying job but was refused due to large deposits in the account (they were actually investments that matured but she didn't write a cover letter to explain).
3rd refusal -Jan 2022 - She wanted to go and visit her mother and brother for Christmas who are residents in the UK. Her application was perfect but she was unjustly refused. She submitted 2 bank accounts. One has over $10k which she used as her POF for the trip. The second one had just ₦300k but she only put it there to prove that she was a salary earner. What is funny is that the ECO quoted her dollar bank account number saying that it is her Naira account then stated that she didn't have enough money for the trip. We had actually seen some people on NL complain about this before and how ECOs completely pretend like they didn't see a second bank account (mostly for visitor's visas) but she never knew it would happen to her too.

She has her CAS from the University of Manchester, she has her English evidence, employment letter, payslips for all the years she has worked, TB certificate and ₦20 million in her account as proof of finances even though she only needed ₦15 million as POF.
Please what are her chances of getting a student visa? will she be denied based on her previous refusals?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2022
duchess90:

Good morning ,
I am the main applicant and my spouse is the dependent,no children yet

We did biometrics on the 1st of July,
My husband got an NSF mail on the 20th July to proof his relationship with me ,which we did and submitted on the 23rd of July.

I got a collection mail from TLS on the 28th July but my husband own is still at DMC

Please advise accordingly as am under a serious tension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello

Please be patient,you have submitted what you need to.

NSF can sometimes lead to abit of delay because the additional documents you submitted needs to be assessed.

Proceed to collect your passport and wait for your husband's collection email

Cheers
Adetounisloved:
duchess90:

Good morning ,

My husband got an NSF mail on the 20th July to proof his relationship with me ,which we did and submitted on the 23rd of July.

I got a collection mail from TLS on the 28th July but my husband own is still at DMC

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello

Student visa are point based so her chances are as good as everyone that applies

She should ensure she declares all her refusals

Cheers
cutebear:
Please, guys, my friend has submitted her UK student visa application. She has been denied 3 times in the past for some reasons but nothing insincere. She also stated the refusals in her application form.

First refusal -Sep 2014 - She was an NYSC corper and she wanted to travel for her brother's Masters graduation in the UK. She was refused because the ECO said that corpers are not allowed to travel out of Nigeria during their service year.
2nd refusal -Nov 2019 - She had a well-paying job but was refused due to large deposits in the account (they were actually investments that matured but she didn't write a cover letter to explain).
3rd refusal -Jan 2022 - She wanted to go and visit her mother and brother for Christmas who are residents in the UK. Her application was perfect but she was unjustly refused. She submitted 2 bank accounts. One has over $10k which she used as her POF for the trip. The second one had just ₦300k but she only put it there to prove that she was a salary earner. What is funny is that the ECO quoted her dollar bank account number saying that it is her Naira account then stated that she didn't have enough money for the trip. We had actually seen some people on NL complain about this before and how ECOs completely pretend like they didn't see a second bank account (mostly for visitor's visas) but she never knew it would happen to her too.

She has her CAS from the University of Manchester, she has her English evidence, employment letter, payslips for all the years she has worked, TB certificate and ₦20 million in her account as proof of finances even though she only needed ₦15 million as POF.
Please what are her chances of getting a student visa? will she be denied based on her previous refusals?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Knowledgeispowe: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2022
cutebear:

Application r treated on individual merit however, if d previous refusal is nt upto 6months she will be advised to hold-on even before CAS is issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello

Please where did you get this bolded information?

Cheers
Knowledgeispowe:

Application r treated on individual merit however, if d previous refusal is nt upto 6months she will be advised to hold-on even before CAS is issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ogbomojugun: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2022
WilsonBright935:
Got my CAS yesterday.

Who else is Anglia Ruskin University's prospective student?

Jan or Sept intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Munamoqel: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2022
abuhusna1:
Visa granted
My wife MA
Myself and 2 children.
Alhamdulilah.
Short story
I have been in Ireland since 4 years on study and post study visa. My last visa renewal took so long but I was kind of depressed without my family so I just came back home to process student visa for us all. Today visa granted while Ireland also will be sending my resident permit in few days.
I choose uk over Ireland not anymore will I go back Ireland cos they don't have family package like uk for master students
they Don run leave Ireland !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZiggyMr(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2022
Hi Duchess and other Gurus, i did biometrics for myself and family on 15th July. Can I do a paid mail or I should chill till end of this week?
This thing dey do my geez geez, I no dey fit think of another thing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babra19: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2022
Adetounisloved:
duchess90:

Good morning ,

Hi,

Before you got NSF mail what were the documents you submitted at first?

I got a collection mail from TLS on the 28th July but my husband own is still at DMCi

Hi,

Before you got NSF mail what were the documents you submitted at first?
And what’s the second documents you sent to them?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello

You have to try to chill

My advise is that if you haven't heard from them till the 8th of August then send a paid mail, it would have been past 3weeks by then

Cheers

ZiggyMr:
Hi Duchess and other Gurus, i did biometrics for myself and family on 15th July. Can I do a paid mail or I should chill till end of this week?
This thing dey do my geez geez, I no dey fit think of another thing.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2022
Knowledgeispowe:

this is incorrect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 10:44am On Jul 31, 2022
cutebear:

Student visa will be treated neutral as long as she meets up the point base. Even my wife that got her study visa had been refused uk visa twice in the past

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oshobabahealth: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2022
good day,
I received my CAS on Friday. although, I am supposed to go for a 1 year top-up program but it has been change to a 3 years program.

my study is to commence on 12 of September and I plan to apply for the visa on 6 of August, I hope it's not too late?
what do I need to show since my school has stated in my CAS that they are not providing accommodation?
when should I indicate as the day I will be entering UK?
how do I go about the walk-in option when applying for visa?

justwise, duchess and others... please your suggestions are valuable. see the screenshot below... can you also interpret what it meant after conducting series of credibility assessment?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2022
oshobabahealth:
good day,
I received my CAS on Friday. although, I am supposed to go for a 1 year top-up program but it has been change to a 3 years program.

my study is to commence on 12 of September and I plan to apply for the visa on 6 of August, I hope it's not too late?
what do I need to show since my school has stated in my CAS that they are not providing accommodation?

justwise, duchess and others... please your suggestions are valuable. see the screenshot below... can you also interpret what it meant after conducting series of credibility assessment?
Be realistic with the travel date you write for the consular. In your case just calculate 3 weeks from your submission date and write it as your entry date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by biosamak: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2022
jamesy212:

Don't really know but I applied with neco

Ok please keep me posted if its accepted.thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello

Applying on the 6th of August is not too late

2.Your bank statement should have your proof of maintenance funds, you don't need any accommodation booking for student visa

3. Anyday from the 2nd of September

4. After you have finished your application, submitted and when booking your appointment for your biometrics you can add that service on TLS

5. Your Uni is notifying UKVI that they conducted credibility interview and probably attached a copy on the sponsorship system for their record, pretty much saying they are satisfied that your intention is to study

Cheers
oshobabahealth:
good day,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Klem28(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hello people, please I've asked for umpteenth time about either having anyone going to University of Bolton or any group for University of Bolton. Please I need to connect and know what I should expect like issue of accomodation, settling down etc. Abeg, make una connect me oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by victorVIC1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
When a course has the word "placement" included on its title. What does it imply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
cutebear:

If she was not banned, she will most likely get her student visa if she checks the other boxes. Her previous refusals should not be an issue at all. Tell her to calm down and start packing..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by moyede(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Here is the options, what’s the right one for dependant for study visa.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
moyede:
Here is the options, what’s the right one for dependant for study visa.

Student without Scholarship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
Klem28:
Hello people, please I've asked for umpteenth time about either having anyone going to University of Bolton or any group for University of Bolton. Please I need to connect and know what I should expect like issue of accomodation, settling down etc. Abeg, make una connect me oo

I don't have know anyone but if you are on Twitter, you can join the 9ja communityin UK. You will definitely meet people already in your school who you can ask directly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Greathand01: 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good morning, please how much is the 1year IHS and visa fee as at now...in pounds/naira/dollars.... Thank you....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cutebear: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
I just paid for mine some days ago. I was debited $881.72 for IHS fees and $454 for Visa fees. I had loaded my card with about $1,400 so the total was close to that.
Greathand01:
Good morning, please how much is the 1year IHS and visa fee as at now...in pounds/naira/dollars.... Thank you....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
it's a dicey one here and i tell you why.

1. The last rejection - family visit visa was refused despite mother and brother being residents, did she get her brother to invite her formally and present all the required evidences to show he was accommodating her? Applying now for student visa this early, may be seen as a ploy to migrate and could lead to another rejection. If she had known, an administrative review at that time could've sorted this out.

2. To remedy the situation if school eventual overlook the above, is to include a cover letter when submitting a new application detailing what happened leading to the last refusal highlighting the fact that the ECO misplaced bank account currency leading to wrong fund valuation.

3. You must also explain the huge deposits made to the account for the last refusal and also avoid making similar mistake in the current process.

cutebear:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LH44: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hello everyone, hi @duchess90. You all are awesome. Thanks for your time, the questions and the answers. God bless you all.

I have a question please. I got a 12:30 appointment for August 19 at the VI location, then I checked again very early this morning and got the same day but a 10:30 appointment which I amended. This is a far date for me, so I decided a walk-in would be better. I thought I could pay onsite but while reading some information on the tls website, I saw that I had to pay online - "Please note that Flexi Appointments must be booked online and that there are limited appointment slots available each day". So I went back to the booking page and selected the flexi option, but unfortunately I couldn't checkout because there was absolutely no available date showing. I checked all through even to November which was strange. Please do you know what I can do in this situation? Can I just go there and make the payment when I want to? Or it just means there are no flexi dates available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WilsonBright935: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ogbomojugun:

Jan or Sept intake?

September

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.