Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1213535 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chiamaka206:
Please what is TLS?
Ah!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Please help me guys
I already booked VI TLS cause it’s closer

I got August 30th.

1. Do I have to pay for walk on their online site?
2. Can I pay when I get there. I am doing self service so uploading everything before the day.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chiamaka206:
I'm a salary earner. I finished serving a year ago so I don't have much to my name. But I have an uncle that said he's ready to sponsor me

Calm down and take a deep breath about this, you are rushing and asking confusing questions.

If you are not careful you will get scammed.

Read first page of this thread ALL the info you need is there.

I don't think you can make it this Sept admission because you don't even know the process of anything.

Start working toward Jan admission and get yourself informed about the visa processing.

Lastly be careful about people contacting you from this thread, you will get taken advantage of.

Again..read first page of this thread.

Good luck.

22 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by payne4real(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
Mannymanny:

I know someone who buys stuff like that in lag
I want to sell some household stuff also. Can you link me up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yknoni: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
Emaaaaaaa:
Time is not against you ma'am. You can browse and apply via the school website
thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bature45: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2022
please how are you i want to know about the refrence you submitted
Adetounisloved:
How do you get your BRP number please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Phebeana: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
Adetounisloved:
Please is the mail sent to you looks like this one ? I need your response please

Yes it is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LH44: 9:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hi, you pay at their office. Also, print out the page that shows the list of documents after submitting. That was one of the prerequisites to getting in when I went. All the best!

Gift7428:
Please help me guys
I already booked VI TLS cause it’s closer

I got August 30th.

1. Do I have to pay for walk on their online site?
2. Can I pay when I get there. I am doing self service so uploading everything before the day.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kennyliga112: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
Kotun200:
De Montfort University. Leicester
How’s life over there
Someone shook tell me more about the way of living there ?
I got admission this for September,I have to defer till January due to me and my family delay in passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thanks, i saw one that does not have the last paragraph so I was confused
Phebeana:

Yes it is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
I'm good, please which reference are you refering to
Bature45:
please how are you i want to know about the refrence you submitted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
CowbellY:

Take a printout of the appointment page on your portal
Okay. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Aieboocaar:

Have you checked the spam folder on your email to check if the mail actually dropped there?
Not there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by idahosa12345: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
Please which of the bank card can i use to make a paid mail, my gtb card keeps declining
Adetounisloved:
Please is the mail sent to you looks like this one ? I need your response please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Aieboocaar(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
Kalakris:

Not there

Alright... Take a screenshot or download/print the page showing the new date and go along with it to TLS.

You should be fine.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Chiamaka206(f): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

Calm down and take a deep breath about this, you are rushing and asking confusing questions.

If you are not careful you will get scammed.

Read first page of this thread ALL the info you need is there.

I don't think you can make it this Sept admission because you don't even know the process of anything.

Start working toward Jan admission and get yourself informed about the visa processing.

Lastly be careful about people contacting you from this thread, you will get taken advantage of.

Again..read first page of this thread.

Good luck.
Thank you sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hello

Bless you

Cheers
Opsops:
@duchess90 @mimilyrics @justwise, you are really doing a great work here. May the good Lord reward your kind gesture. God bless.

Hmmm,what of if I ask a question like can I make use of the convenience at IOM?
OR what is the meaning of IOM Please?

Please those people have make it easier for us by exploring it from pages 1 and even through the search botton you can always navigate.

For the past one month I wonder if Duchess hardly do other things like his own personal and daily activities aside answering questions here.

Countless question on can I do walk in?
Decision have been made yet I didn't receive collection mail......(when you know you can't wait longer than the period you have waited after biometric,why not be patient and hold to your faith and prayer)? Can I send paid mail,I did my biometric 5days ago?How much is form A?How much do I need for POF?
Haba! Please let us take time to read and make the work easier for those people.

Again just today @mimilyrics just posted all what we need to know about the processing,just check from page 1030. I bet you,all what you need to know are there.

Don't quote me wrong,I also don't know it all but all the same some questions doesn't worth it.

Now eyin temi, if you can't start from page 1,go to page 1030 and start from there. Please don't ask where is page 1030 again oooo. I come in peace
UK yii o ma Kari ooo,come one...come All. All the best and best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Covidiott: 11:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
visa alert!!!

Standard visa application

Family of 2, Husband Main applicant.

IELTS- February 2022
Admission- Northumbria Uni London campus April 2022
Unconditional offer after £5500 tuition deposit May 26th 2022
TB- June 15th IOM Abuja
CAS Granted - 30th June 2022
Visa Application- July 2nd, 2022.
Biometrics for MA & Dependent TLS Abuja: 15th July 2022
Collection mail for MA- August 1st 2022
DHL Delivery- August 4th 2022 with vignette looking pretty In passport.

Collection Mail Dependent- August 4th
Awaiting Dependent passport to be delivered via DHL.

No NSF.

30 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by GIOlayomi(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
Congratulations � � �

Covidiott:
visa alert!!!

IELTS- February 2022
TB- June 15th IOM Abuja

No NSF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by frankob(m): 12:00am On Aug 05, 2022
Please I need clarification.
I deposited my POF in my account on 15th of July. What date exactly is the maturity date. Because this 28 days I don’t know if I’m counting the day I put the money or not. Is the loop sim deposit suppose to show in the statement or I should start printing from the 16th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dontos: 12:28am On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations.
Did you send paid mail?

Covidiott:
visa alert!!!

IELTS- February 2022
TB- June 15th IOM Abuja

No NSF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Covidiott: 12:32am On Aug 05, 2022
No paid mail sent. I had it in mind to wait the 15 working days b4 sending any mail/calls.

Dontos:
Congratulations.
Did you send paid mail?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:32am On Aug 05, 2022
Chiamaka206:
Thank you sir

Hello Chiamaka and others that need this,

Let me make your work easier.

1. You apply to schools using:

a. Your first degree certificate ( BSc or HND)
b. Transcript
c. Biodata page of International Passport
d. CV
e. Referees
f. Statement of Purpose

2. You are offered Conditional admission or Unconditional admission ( Conditional in most cases).
For Conditional, you will be requested to provide some additional documents in order to get Unconditional offer. e.g Official Transcript, Scratch card to confirm your WAEC Engish Language grade online etc

3. You will make Tuition deposit payment if you are okay with the school. This can be done via form A or by paying using a domiciliary account debit card. Form A is cheaper but takes between 3 weeks and 10 weeks. For a Tuition Deposit of £4k, you can save up to N900,000 if you use form A.

4. You will go for Tuberculosis Test at IOM. There is Lagos center and Abuja Centre. The cost is N57,800 for 11 years and above. N21,320 or so for children below 11 years.

5. There's something called Proof of Fund. This is your Tuition Balance + Living expenses in the UK.

Living Cost for London:
Main Applicant is £1334 × 9months
Dependant is £845 × 9months

Living Cost outside London:
Main Applicant is 1023 × 9months
Dependant is 680 × 9months

Let's calculate POF for a student outside London with Total Tuition of £14 and Tuition Deposit of £4k.
Remember that POF is Tuition Balance + Living Cost
£10,000 + £9207 = £19,207

To get the naira value, you use the OANDA currency converter. Just search OANDA on Google.

Using an OANDA rate of Let's say 510 naira per pound, we have 19207 × 510 = N9,795,570. You can approximate your POF to be N11,000,000.

This means that you must maintain a minimum of 11m in your account for at least 28 days before you apply for visa.

6. After Tuition Deposit Payment is confirmed by the school, the school issues Unconditional Admission Offer after you must have provided required documents.

7. You begin CAS process by undergoing Credibility Check. This is a check conducted by the school to confirm if you are a genuine student.
Some schools call it CAS questionnaire, Some call it Pre-cas interview etc

8. If you provide satisfactory responses, you will be issued a statement or document called Condition of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). This is somewhat the most important document in this journey. It is what shows that a licensed school is sponsoring you to school in the UK.
[b]If your responses are not satisfactory, you will NOT be issued CAS and your admission offer will be withdrawn (you will be given more than one attempt)

9. Visa Application.

You will be scheduled for biometrics( Not visa interview) after filling the online application form and paying IHS and VISA fees.
IHS is Insurance Health Surcharge for your health insurance while in the UK.
IHS is £705 for one year per person
Visa is £363 per person

There are 3 centres for biometrics capturing in Nigeria. Abuja TLS, Ikeja TLS and VI TLS

10. Travel to the UK after visa is issued.

This is a summary of A-Z process. Sleep don dey catch me, I wan go sleep grin grin grin

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 12:54am On Aug 05, 2022
payne4real:

I want to sell some household stuff also. Can you link me up
Send pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 12:58am On Aug 05, 2022
Please, if there’s anyone who knows anyone that wants to let out a room in a shared apartment or wants to share room in Essex, please indicate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchihak(m): 1:04am On Aug 05, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

Hello Chiamaka and others that need this,

Let me make your work easier.

1. You apply to schools using:

a. Your first degree certificate ( BSc or HND)
b. Transcript
c. Biodata page of International Passport
d. CV
e. Referees
f. Statement of Purpose

2. You are offered Conditional admission or Unconditional admission ( Conditional in most cases).
For Conditional, you will be requested to provide some additional documents in order to get Unconditional offer. e.g Official Transcript, Scratch card to confirm your WAEC Engish Language grade online etc

3. You will make Tuition deposit payment if you are okay with the school. This van be done via form A or buy paying using a domiciliary account debit card. Form A is cheaper but takes between 3 weeks and 10 weeks. For a Tuition Deposit of £4k, you can save up to N900,000 if you use form A.

4. You will go for Tuberculosis Test at IOM. There is Lagos center and Abuja Centre. The cost is N57,800 for 11 years and above. N21,320 or so for children below 11 years.

5. There's something called Poof of Fund. This is your Tuition Balance + Living expenses in the UK.

Living Cost for London:
Main Applicant is £1334 × 9months
Dependant is £845 × 9months

Living Cost outside London:
Main Applicant is 1023 × 9months
Dependant is 680 × 9months

Let's calculate POF for a student outside London with Total Tuition of £14 and Tuition Deposit of £4k.
Remember that POF is Tuition Balance + Living Cost
£10,000 + £9207 = £19,207

To get the naira value, you use the OANDA currency converter. Just search OANDA on Google.

Using an OANDA rate of Let's say 510 naira per pound, we have 19207 × 510 = N9,795,570. You can approximate you POF to be N11,000,000.

This means that you must maintain a minimum of 11m in your account for at least 28 days before you apply for visa.

6. After Tuition Deposit Payment is confirmed by the school, the school issues Unconditional Admission Offr after you must have provided required documents.

7. You begin CAS process by undergoing Credibility Check. This is a check conducted by the school to confirm if you are a genuine student.
Some schools call it CAS questionnaire, Some call it Pre-cas interview

8. If you provide satisfactory responses, you will be issued a statement or document called Condition of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). This is somewhat the most important document in this journey. It is what shows that a licensed school is sponsoring you to school in the UK.
[b]If your responses are not satisfactory, you will NOT be issued CAS and your admission offer will be withdrawn.

9. Visa Application.

You will be scheduled for biometrics( Not visa interview) after filing the online application form and paying IHS and VISA fees.
IHS is Insurance Health Surcharge for your health insurance while in the UK.
IHS is £705 for one year
Visa is £363 per person

There are 3 centres for biometrics capturing in Nigeria. Abuja TLS, Ikeja TLS and VI TLS

10. Travel to the UK after visa is issued.

This is a summary of A-Z process. Sleep don dey catch me, I wan go sleep grin grin grin
I have a question. Please how long can u give an estimate on when it takes most schools to update student record after paying initial deposit through Form A

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masters77: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2022
Got deferment mail this morning informing me I have been automatically moved to resume in January. This is after almost 3months of running POF and the mental stress. I wish everyone still waiting for CAS from Derby good luck.

There was no empathy in the mail they sent. They made it look like it's no big deal but knowing what we know here, they f**ked up

mally19:
any luck yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 2:19am On Aug 05, 2022
Sweetlorla:

Thank you

Good morning please I have similar question
I got admission for master in uk
Have gotten my CAs
Went for tb test they said they saw something on my chest
I did advance test results won’t be out 8weeks that’s September 9
My question now is
Do you know if Ukvi will stop issuing visa after the course start date written in CAs?
Welcome is September 26th
There’s no latest date for resumption on my CAs just the start date.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ideraone2005: 4:06am On Aug 05, 2022
Who can help? I am having issues picking a date for MA and dependant on ikeja TLS site. The only available date is saying "can't reserve appointment right now, please try again". I have been trying for a while. I am quite confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 5:04am On Aug 05, 2022
biosamak:
Hi everyone, a friend need your help,he once applied for Visa and got refused Jan this year now he's divorced,and he has a gf willing to do student Visa, the gf is the applicant and a single mother with a girl child,which they are hoping that he's going to bring her along as a dependent pls what's my guys chance of getting a dependent visa,note the mother gave birth to the child out of wedlock and my guy is ready to adopt the girl.

Desperation is written all over

(1) (2) (3) ... (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.