Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1207451 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by STONEUS: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by STONEUS: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Honest advice defer to January

This is August, you are still on the conditional offer stage and have a long way to go

Cheers

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Elolam87(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thanks so much, really insightful.

NaughtyBrainiac:

Yes, Tuition Deposit will be refunded but Administration fees will be taken.

1. Why did you choose to school in the UK?

2. Is your course of study not available in your home country? If available, why the UK?

3. Which UK schools did you apply, tell us about your research into these schools.

4. Why did you choose the University you chose?

5. Why did you choose your course of study?

6. What relationship does your chosen course of study have with your previous Education?

7. What particular course modules are of interest to you and how do they relate to your future career plans?

8. Last Educational course, Date and what you have been doing since then?

9. What are your Post-study career plans? How do you expect this course to provide a return on your investment?

10. Tell us about your research into expected accommodation/living arrangements in the UK.

11. Tell us about your financial circumstances and how you are funding your study. Are you currently working ? Is your family contributing to the cost of your studies?

12. Tell us about your plans for supporting yourself financially throughout your study.

13. Do you have family in the UK already?

14. Do you plan to work in the UK etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mhizlateefah(f): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Elolam87:
Thanks for this write-up, it was helpful.
But, what if an applicant doesn't perform well at the Pre-cas questionnaire or credibility interview (God forbid), will the school refund the initial tuitIon deposit paid? What should we expect and prepare for the Pre-cas interview? kindly put me through it.

Yes, most school does but ensure to read the refunds policy of any school you are applying to before you pay.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mhizlateefah(f): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Resilient97:
Please who knows of any online dollar card that can be used to make payment for IHS. It's weekend already, and I don't think I can get a dorm card.

Chipper cash
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

You can apply with your passport as it is and get it renewed in the UK

Cheers
Opeyemikas:
Good morning everyone thanks to everyone contributing to this wonderful thread….pls my question is this,my husband and I have started our journey to Uk on study visa and I’ll be going as his dependant he has received conditional offer already for Jan intake and he’s on the process to pay deposit in other to receive cas,but my question is that my passport will expire April 2023 and I heard when one wants to apply for visa the passport must be at least 6months to expiry…so I want to confirm how true this is so I’ll know if I should apply for another passport now before it gets to the time we’ll apply for visa….thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

There is no harm in trying, I know at the moment, most Uni's are beginning to insist on face to face attendance and less on online.

Your email should be based on things like delay in UKVI decision times from 15-3weeks, delays in processing form A payment from Nigeria etc

Try and see, you might be lucky, if not then you have a decision to make

Cheers

Yampotatocarrot:

Good day and thanks for the good work you're doing here.

Please, I'll need your advice concerning this.

I was finally able to do something about my tuition payment, and I'm sure it'll be dropping this month of August. Unfortunately, I had not started my POF counting, hence I won't be able to meet up with resumption date of 27th.

Now, the course does not have a January start date (it's Education) and the school is saying they can defer me till August 2023.

I want to send them a mail to allow me join through online classes till I am physically present by September. (The timetable states we have several weeks of theory classes before going for placement by October)

Am I being too pushy or have UK schools stopped online classes for late "resumers"?

Lesson for others: If you have hope your tuition payment will go through, please gather your funds together and start counting for your POF

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

I don't think you have settled down to understand the process

@naughtybrainac provided a summary for you

Please go through it and tick the steps you have been through

Cheers
Chiamaka206:
With everything I have learn since yesterday. Is not CAS that I have. Is the conditioner admission letter. They say I should submit another personal statement. Will I need personal statement for visa too?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jaybadestboy: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hey fam! Help me out here. I tracked my visa and it says "Application transfered to VAC"
What does this mean? Is the visa approved and eligible for pickup? Its only been 2 weeks.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Answer to number 1 : YES

Answer to number 2: nothing to be worried about.when did you do the biometrics ?
ZiggyMr:
@Duchess,
1. When ukvi send NSF mail, do they send it to email address on Visa application?

2. Paid mail done says decision made on MA application but 2 dependants are still awaiting decision. Does this call for concern?

Tension dey high o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

You can request for to see a copy of your immigration record through this link

Bear in mind that you will need a UK address

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Cheers
Graceee:
Please is there any how one can retrieve refusal letter in 2015 from the uk high commission.
School asked for the uk refusal letter in 2015 and I dont have it any more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

Congratulations in advance

Wait for your collection mail

Cheers
Jaybadestboy:
Hey fam! Help me out here. I tracked my visa and it says "Application transfered to VAC"
What does this mean? Is the visa approved and eligible for pickup? Its only been 2 weeks.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by peejay03: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello everyone,

I got a conditional offer from the university of law business school for January 2023 and the condition states that i provide a result that shows my English proficiency. Either IELTS or I take their in-house English test.

I have English as a medium attestation letter from my undergrad school and i intend attaching it to my waec result. Is this enough to waive the Ielts result that's required? I am not ready to write an English test.

Is there anyone who also received an offer from the school with same condition? How did you go about it please? I have an international bursary of 3000 to be deducted from the tuition if all conditions are met. Someone please help a sister out. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jaybadestboy: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thank � You!

duchess90:
Hello

Congratulations in advance

Wait for your collection mail

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by afolayanto(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Thank � You!
Please when did you do your biometrics and which TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by afolayanto(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Thank � You!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emeritus007: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Visa alert!
Bio - 15/06
Paid mail - 26/07
Escalation - 27/07
Collection mail - 05/08 (7weeks after biometrics)
Passport collected with vignette sitting pretty...
No NSF mail.

Congratulations to me. Those waiting for collection mail shall get their good news soon.
Thanks @ duchess90 and @abuhusna1

23 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Please go through the school website, you might see tutorial video on pre-cas interviews that will help you alot
They might ask about your income either annual or monthly
If you are married,try to know estimated income of your spouse

If ask about property and you have please declare it is an added advantage.

Above all BE CONFIDENT, dont let them itimidate you.
Elolam87:
Thanks so much, really insightful.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

In the past people on this thread have made reference to this

I doubt if the letter attesting to being taught in English will suffice unless things have changed

Hopefully someone in that Uni responds to you

Cheers
peejay03:
Hello everyone,

I got a conditional offer from the university of law business school for January 2023 and the condition states that i provide a result that shows my English proficiency. Either IELTS or I take their in-house English test.

I have English as a medium attestation letter from my undergrad school and i intend attaching it to my waec result. Is this enough to waive the Ielts result that's required? I am not ready to write an English test.

Is there anyone who also received an offer from the school with same condition? How did you go about it please? I have an international bursary of 3000 to be deducted from the tuition if all conditions are met. Someone please help a sister out. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

Congratulations

Cheers
emeritus007:
Visa alert!
Bio - 15/06
Paid mail - 26/07
Escalation - 27/07
No NSF mail.

Congratulations to me. Those waiting for collection mail shall get their good news soon.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Opeyemikas: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

You can apply with your passport as it is and get it renewed in the UK

Cheers

Thanks for the response….does it mean even if it’s October or November we’ll be applying for the visa I can still use my passport like that right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adetounisloved(f): 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations!!!
We were chatting about this yesterday.
emeritus007:
Visa alert!
Bio - 15/06
Paid mail - 26/07
Escalation - 27/07
No NSF mail.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello

Do you have to pay the application fee before given the option to cancel an application ?

A colleague just made a mistake on their VAF and I just checked and saw they truly don’t have an option to cancel before paying visa fee, (they have paid the IHS )

Anyone knows a way around this ? Should they contact ukvi directly ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ihcarg: 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Yes you’ll need it for cos you can’t use your regular driver's license to drive when you are in uk
You can send me a mail if you need International Driver’s License
Klem28:
Good morning[b] @Duchess[/b], kindly help me clarify this. I've heard people saying there's something call International Driver's License, that it's important to get it here in Nigeria and take along to Uk. Is this true? If yes, what is its relevance in UK and what disadvantage dies one has for not having it? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SireSommy69(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
Good day Nairalanders,

Please, I need to pay my tuition fee ASAP for NCI, Ireland, but Form A is delaying.

My school has an option for me to pay using Transfermate mate and the rate is okay.
Please, can I use this option in Nigeria using my ATM card? If yes, someone should please put me through. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Giidy: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
Visa alert �����

Jesus did it!!!

With an OND (2:2) + 4 years working experience, Jesus gave me unconditional offer for MSc Biomedical Sciences with fully funded financial sponsorship with my baby inclusive.

MA.
Visa application - July 6
Biometrics - July 18 (walk in on my baby's appointment day)
Paid mail - July 29
Decision Made - August 1
Moved to VAC - August 5
Collection email - August 5
Passport Collected - August 5

Documents submitted
- OND statement of result and transcript
- TB cert
- Marriage certificate
- Family picture
- Sponsorship Financial letter

Dependant child
- Birth certificate
- Financial sponsorship letter
- parents consent letter
- family picture
- TB cert

Dependant spouse in Paris
- Marriage certificate
- Family picture
- bank account statement

No NSF email.

Upon all the errors during filling out the application, mercies came through for us.
Prayer works!
Jesus is working!!!

Psalms 105:1
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Jesus is mighty. Thank you my Lord.

To him I give all honour.
My time has come!!!

40 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by peejay03: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thank you for your response.

I recently did a review search on comments made about the school and what i read isn't that pleasing especially when it comes to issuing CAS. Also, WAEC result is only accepted if its not over 7 years. Mine is more than 10years which means taking the test remains an option if i'm going with the school.

duchess90:
Hello

In the past people on this thread have made reference to this

I doubt if the letter attesting to being taught in English will suffice unless things have changed

Hopefully someone in that Uni responds to you

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masterito(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
What can be the best possible answer to number 14 question?
NaughtyBrainiac:

Yes, Tuition Deposit will be refunded but Administration fees will be taken.

1. Why did you choose to school in the UK?

2. Is your course of study not available in your home country? If available, why the UK?

3. Which UK schools did you apply, tell us about your research into these schools.

4. Why did you choose the University you chose?

5. Why did you choose your course of study?

6. What relationship does your chosen course of study have with your previous Education?

7. What particular course modules are of interest to you and how do they relate to your future career plans?

8. Last Educational course, Date and what you have been doing since then?

9. What are your Post-study career plans? How do you expect this course to provide a return on your investment?

10. Tell us about your research into expected accommodation/living arrangements in the UK.

11. Tell us about your financial circumstances and how you are funding your study. Are you currently working ? Is your family contributing to the cost of your studies?

12. Tell us about your plans for supporting yourself financially throughout your study.

13. Do you have family in the UK already?

14. Do you plan to work in the UK etc

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Armakah: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations �
Giidy:
Visa alert �����

Jesus did it!!!

With an OND (2:2) + 4 years working experience, Jesus gave me unconditional offer for MSc Biomedical Sciences with fully funded financial sponsorship with my baby inclusive.

MA.
Paid mail - July 29
Decision Made - August 1
Moved to VAC - August 5

Documents submitted
- TB cert
- Marriage certificate
- Family picture

Dependant child
- Birth certificate
- parents consent letter
- family picture
- TB cert

- Marriage certificate
- Family picture
- bank account statement

No NSF email.

Upon all the errors during filling out the application, mercies came through for us.
Prayer works!
Jesus is working!!!

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

My time has come!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jaybadestboy: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
July 23rd at ikeja tls

afolayanto:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dontos: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations

Is it abj tls you used?

Giidy:
Visa alert �����

Jesus did it!!!

MA.
Paid mail - July 29
Decision Made - August 1
Moved to VAC - August 5

Documents submitted
- TB cert
- Marriage certificate
- Family picture

Dependant child
- Birth certificate
- parents consent letter
- family picture
- TB cert

- Marriage certificate
- Family picture
- bank account statement

No NSF email.

Prayer works!
Jesus is working!!!

My time has come!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Good afternoon nairalanders. Please does anyone know how to speed up cas request on the sheild. Stuck on 25% university of south wales

(1) (2) (3) ... (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.