Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216307 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 6:44am On Feb 12, 2022
Anyone with an Idea of the best Airline to fly down to the UK Via Lagos??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by triumphantboi(m): 6:57am On Feb 12, 2022
nextgenM:
Took me one week.. The kept telling me cbn hasn't funded...

Thank you....

May I know what bank you used ?

I was at access bank Branch Ogba Lagos to confirm before choosing them on the platform
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:05am On Feb 12, 2022
Wow. Congrats. Travelling to England? Or you applied to schools outside England.
Mollue:

Thank you very much, I have gotten my visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2022
triumphantboi:

Thank you....

May I know what bank you used ?

I was at access bank Branch Ogba Lagos to confirm before choosing them on the platform

Had a good experience with UBA, Took 48hrs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Munamoqel: 7:20am On Feb 12, 2022
Student visa is not a japa visa and it not that there Notting God cannot do (uk settlement) we Nigerians and agents have twisted everything upside down .the teir 4 student visa has a lot of limitations and the psw is a dead end if you can't move to other category of visas .all this heavy baggage Nigerians carry as students lead to more stress. Person on a budget will carry wife and 3 kids at a go on a student visa (12k tution fees) on your neck plus accomadation and day care .one student even carry him mama and mother inlaw on.a student visa .ontop how much 20 hours work .the student visa bring you close to the opportunity the uk has to offer if lucky you grab it but honestly many will be back to Nigeria after 2 years psw visa same mass movement happen in 2011 and many are back in Nigeria with shining certificate and hustling same jobs kogi State University graduates.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Where u dey see ppl way carry mama and mother inlaw? On study visa?
And you cant blame people who dont want to leave their kids behind. The world is crazy. Cant trust anybody to look after your child.
In everything, lets sha be wise. The struggle doesnt end with the visa, its round 2
Munamoqel:
Student visa is not a japa visa and it not that there Notting God cannot do (uk settlement) we Nigerians and agents have twisted everything upside down .the teir 4 student visa has a lot of limitations and the psw is a dead end if you can't move to other category of visas .all this heavy baggage Nigerians carry as students lead to more stress. Person on a budget will carry wife and 3 kids at a go on a student visa (12k tution fees) on your neck plus accomadation and day care .one student even carry him mama and mother inlaw on.a student visa .ontop how much 20 hours work .the student visa bring you close to the opportunity the uk has to offer if lucky you grab it but honestly many will be back to Nigeria after 2 years psw visa same mass movement happen in 2011 and many are back in Nigeria with shining certificate and hustling same jobs kogi State University graduates.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 7:55am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning all, Pls I need your help o, my application was transferred to VAC around 9am yesterday but up until this minute, it's still there. It hasn't been received by VAC and neither did I get any collection mail. Pls guys should I be worried? Someone advised I go there on Monday even if on Monday the status still hasn't changed, but I live far away from Lagos. Pls I need your candid advice on what to do. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MALAGATHEBOSS: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2022
Engineerito:

House I also got conditional offer from Hull city university I used neco they asked for IELTS or waec can I use GCE Waec I have B2 in English there

Abeg make una follow me talk na...me too get hull city conditional offer I need someone to connect to please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Munamoqel: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2022
DuBooVay:
Where u dey see ppl way carry mama and mother inlaw? On study visa?
And you cant blame people who dont want to leave their kids behind. The world is crazy. Cant trust anybody to look after your child.
In everything, lets sha be wise. The struggle doesnt end with the visa, its round 2
somebody posted it on the living in the uk thread .that him and his wife are fighting cos him wan bring in mama her wan bring her mama all ontop student visa .no they should not leave the kids behind but the man/woman should first go and stabilze a little. With housing and day care issue then import the remaining dependant and the hustle continue .not you are trying to enrol ,dey find house ,dey find daycare dey find work dey find kids school all on a budget with our weak naira .you go hear am .

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 8:15am On Feb 12, 2022
Shootingstar130:
Good morning all, Pls I need your help o, my application was transferred to VAC around 9am yesterday but up until this minute, it's still there. It hasn't been received by VAC and neither did I get any collection mail. Pls guys should I be worried? Someone advised I go there on Monday even if on Monday the status still hasn't changed, but I live far away from Lagos. Pls I need your candid advice on what to do. Thank you

Please help me o @LuchiBianca @mimilyrics @Babababy @efosakelly @DuBoovay @justwise.. Pls guys, thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yemyem001: 8:19am On Feb 12, 2022
Tycoon027:

The process has nothing to do with Banks. CBN is in charge. However, The ADB REVIEWER Moves to ADB_Supervisor before it’s get approved which you will then print the Form and take to the Bank you selected for processing. You people need to stop putting your mouth in what you know nothing about. You’re misleading people

@Tycoon027, Pls I tried to send a msg to your email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kennykale: 8:22am On Feb 12, 2022
Shootingstar130:

Please help me o @LuchiBianca @mimilyrics @Babababy @efosakelly @DuBoovay @justwise.. Pls guys, thank you

There is no stress. If you live far from Lagos you should have saved yourself the stress by using the express courier option. But I will advice you wait till you get collection mail before heading to Lagos because Lagos TLS people can be crazy.

But be sure that by Monday you will receive collection mail.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2022
Yemyem001:

@Tycoon027, Pls I tried to send a msg to your email.

I responded
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2022
[quote author=kennykale post=110160201]

There is no stress. If you live far from Lagos you should have saved yourself the stress by using the express courier option. But I will advice you wait till you get collection mail before heading to Lagos because Lagos TLS people can be crazy.

But be sure that by Monday you will receive collection mail.

Cheers

Thanks for your input, appreciate it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LuchiBianca(f): 8:33am On Feb 12, 2022
Nothing you can do but wait till Monday. I'm sure it will move by Monday. I hope you paid for courier?
Shootingstar130:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by efosakelly: 8:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
somebody posted it on the living in the uk thread .that him and his wife are fighting cos him wan bring in mama her wan bring her mama all ontop student visa .no they should not leave the kids behind but the man/woman should first go and stabilze a little. With housing and day care issue then import the remaining dependant and the hustle continue .not you are trying to enrol ,dey find house ,dey find daycare dey find work dey find kids school all on a budget with our weak naira .you go hear am .
hehehe, I laugh in the face of danger. but to be honest, you should not underestimate some persons financial strength, all these stress will be minimal when the money is there and some people are not afraid to spend money for what they want.. someone who is going for a masters degree with kids is definitely not a kid, somebody who embark on this kind of adventure must have thought it out and laid a grand plan and a backup. for those who do not have a plan for their move, they should bear whatever comes their way. regardless of weather there is a plan or not, there is always a way, all you need to do is find the way.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2022
LuchiBianca:
Nothing you can do but wait till Monday. I'm sure it will move by Monday. I hope you paid for courier?

OK thanks.. Unfortunately I didn't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 8:44am On Feb 12, 2022
Dont feel. Bad. Sometimes dhl delivery takes time extra days abd people who used it later feel they should have just gone to pick up themselves. What city are you
Shootingstar130:

OK thanks.. Unfortunately I didn't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Naijapensioner(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2022
@ Edwosa

Please check the link you provided again. Only applies to payment for online courses and not FULL TIME courses. Please see the link for International students below:

https://www.derby.ac.uk/study/fees-finance/international/

Edwosa:

Follow this link below, all the details of their tuition installment plans are stated there in details

https://www.derby.ac.uk/online/fees-finance/course-fees/payment-plans/#:~:text=This%20payment%20plan%20allows%20you,you%20study%20plans%20for%20you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Naijapensioner(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2022
Kaylaonah:
Just got an offer from university of Derby September intake, please anyone that has experience should advise if I should go for it or wait out. They offer the cheapest fees for the course I'm going for but I couldn't find much information on their payment plan.

If you have any idea of how their payment plan works and the availability of student jobs there, please help

"You will need to pay £3,000 of your tuition fees as a deposit, this payment will secure your place on your chosen course. You can then pay the remaining amount of your fees in TWO EQUAL INSTALMENTS . However, if you pay your fees in full by enrolment, you will receive a £500 discount."
Please read @
https://www.derby.ac.uk/study/fees-finance/international/

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Munamoqel: 9:24am On Feb 12, 2022
efosakelly:

hehehe, I laugh in the face of danger. but to be honest, you should not underestimate some persons financial strength, all these stress will be minimal when the money is there and some people are not afraid to spend money for what they want.. someone who is going for a masters degree with kids is definitely not a kid, somebody who embark on this kind of adventure must have thought it out and laid a grand plan and a backup. for those who do not have a plan for their move, they should bear whatever comes their way. regardless of weather there is a plan or not, there is always a way, all you need to do is find the way.
very true very wealthy Nigeria ns all have their papers and means ,their kids are not carry away by the japa things cos the view the Nigeria situation differently and wouldn't want to do any Porter job to survive in the uk he rather snap opportunities in Nigeria which are more rewarding to the top class . this way why many Nigeria relocated and took part in the last NNPC recruitment .but for the middle class it either you have minimum of 15m to spend for the family Waka or have some major cash flow from Nigeria to support you untill you stabilze .all the arrange pof and 1 k deposit will back fire .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
very true very wealthy Nigeria ns all have their papers and means ,their kids are not carry away by the japa things cos the view the Nigeria situation differently and wouldn't want to do any Porter job to survive in the uk he rather snap opportunities in Nigeria which are more rewarding to the top class . this way why many Nigeria relocated and took part in the last NNPC recruitment .but for the middle class it either you have minimum of 15m to spend for the family Waka or have some major cash flow from Nigeria to support you untill you stabilze .all the arrange pof and 1 k deposit will back fire .

The only thing i will agree to this is that it is wrong to go with arranged POf when going with family so it doesn't lead to HAD I KNOW and choked up situation.

However, i don't see why you should fault anyone who choose to travel with their family to the uk no matter how it is with the uk.
By now you should know it's during studies they can bring their family and not psw, unlike canada.
The example you gave from the living in UK group doesn't hold water.
I follow that group but don't comment. The guy wanted his mum come so she can take care of the kids while he schools and work and his wife works too to get more income. He has cash saved up for that for him to begin to talk of it. Till his wife felt awkward about it and everyone advised him to drop the idea for now.

See, allow people move how they want. So long they are not lazy. I don't think anyone will leave without plans or aim. That guy you talked about, made mention of his goals.

If people wanna go with their battalion before psw and they are capable, please they should do so.

Many do this for so many reasons e.g their kids future, a good life etc.

Remember, the best route to move to a foreign land is Via Education/study Route, for good integration amongst other things.

Japa is Japa so far it's done right and legal.

25 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tycoon027: 9:51am On Feb 12, 2022
GodsGabby:

The only thing i will agree to this is that it is wrong to go with arranged POf when going with family so it doesn't lead to HAD I KNOW and choked up situation.

However, i don't see why you should fault anyone who choose to travel with their family to the uk no matter how it is with the uk.
By now you should know it's during studies they can bring their family and not psw, unlike canada.
I follow that group but don't comment. The guy wanted his mum come so she can take care of the kids while he schools and work and his wife works too to get more income. He has cash saved up for that for him to begin to talk of it. Till his wife felt awkward about it and everyone advised him to drop the idea for now.

See, allow people move how they want. So long they are not lazy. I don't think anyone will leave without plans or aim. That guy you talked about, made mention of his goals.

If people wanna go with their battalion before psw and they are capable, please they should do so.

Remember, the best route to move to a foreign land is Via Education/study Route, for good integration amongst other things.

Moral of your Story?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Tycoon027:

Moral of your Story?

What i wrote is for those who understand my point and also the one i replied to going by his previous post before this which i didn't quote directly.

No be french i type.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2022
grin bonjour cava cava le come le go grin
I understand you jare
GodsGabby:

What i wrote is for those who understand my point and also the one i replied to going by his previous post before this which i didn't quote directly.

No be french i type.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2022
DuBooVay:
Dont feel. Bad. Sometimes dhl delivery takes time extra days abd people who used it later feel they should have just gone to pick up themselves. What city are you

Ibadan
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Shootingstar130: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2022
DuBooVay:

Yes.. Exactly my fear o.. Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Munamoqel: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2022
GodsGabby:

it not an emotional thing .it statistics and data go find what happen to the 2011 japa set if 90 percent didnt meet a dead end . going with family after settling in for some months is adviceble.mum working as nanny is abusing the visit visa condition .unpaid work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 10:30am On Feb 12, 2022
Ibadan isnt bad. My advise. Just pack all your load down. Be ready. This new week is your week mon, tuesday latest
By the way, up sooting! grin
Shootingstar130:

Yes.. Exactly my fear o.. Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by atoeosato: 10:30am On Feb 12, 2022
atoeosato:
Hello My Ables,

Please, for those that flew BA(British airways) via Abuja lately, do the airline require a PCR test before boarding ?

Pls, recent travellers with this airline should help with this inquiry bikonu �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by erandpay07: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2022
Even if someone is carry all Nigeria follow body, good for him or her, you don't know their pocket. Everyone is looking for greener pasture. May God help us

Munamoqel:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.