Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1207795 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SpongeBobSP: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
komodapson:

Please, what does the acronym "CAS" stands for?
confirmation of acceptance for studies

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Husband. We travelled together
isialo:
Congratulations. Please what was your reply to the bolded?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by isialo(f): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ok. Thought they probed further like "when he too is at work and all that" lol. One needs to be prepared for their questions at POE. grin

DuBooVay:
Husband. We travelled together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ibk2020: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
Pls is it too early to apply for visa by march for (July 4th 2022) in-take ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by gistbite(f): 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
harley4:
Yes, I used NECO result during my application to University of Hull. but conditional letter stated that I should upload WAEC scratch card

Upload neco scratch card since that is what you used in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sabiman92: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
No it’s not too early. You can apply up to 6 months before the start of your program

Ibk2020:
Pls is it too early to apply for visa by march for (July 4th 2022) in-take ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by komodapson(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
SpongeBobSP:
confirmation of acceptance for studies

Does this differ from "Admission letter or offer"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pete3000: 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
komodapson:

Does this differ from "Admission letter or offer"

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Feyeemi:

Yes you use it to pay for Tuition fee in any School in the UK. It’s a pretty straight forward step. Enter your details Carefully. Follow the steps I told
You first. Get the School Account details. Make sure you have the full funds in your Bank Account. Make sure you attach your Certificate to the Application I.e Undergrad, Passport, Unconditional OFFER Letter.

PS; Leave out the CORRESPOND BANK PART of the BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT DETAILS

Thank you very much, please do you know how long it takes Teeside University to issue CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
Told them his number 1 priority is caring for the boy. Work comes second. Which is actually the truth
isialo:
Ok. Thought they probed further like "when he too is at work and all that" lol. One needs to be prepared for their questions at POE. grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oluwaseunadebay(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Czsamanie:

Hi.
Like around what time did you do the booking? Is it a student with no scholarship booking?
Been getting errors since.

Same here too, I thought it was their website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by queenfav(f): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hello house,So assuming a man is going for a one year course in UK,and his family are applying to go with him as dependants under his study visa.Is it mandatory for the wife and kids to follow him there when going for the first time and also stay there with him all through his stay?Their plan is for them to apply as a family for the visa,then the man goes there first, while the wife and kid goes to Uk later to visit .Pls how feasible is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by harley4: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thank you, I will do that

gistbite:

Upload neco scratch card since that is what you used in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bennyg24(m): 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hello all, I just got a conditional offer to university of Portsmouth, anyone with information about that school; like how quickly do they issue CAS and what are job prospects in Portsmouth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kennykale: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
queenfav:
Hello house,So assuming a man is going for a one year course in UK,and his family are applying to go with him as dependants under his study visa.Is it mandatory for the wife and kids to follow him there when going for the first time and also stay there with him all through his stay?Their plan is for them to apply as a family for the visa,then the man goes there first, while the wife and kid goes to Uk later to visit .Pls how feasible is this?
they will need to go to him before the expiration of the vignette stamp on their passports. It has 3months expiry. When they collect their BRP they can can be going and coming anyhow they like. But must use the vignette stamp on their visa before to expires. It is the BRP they can use to do waka

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ade999: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hello @Fibonacci2021

No I do not.

I suggest mailing them with your questions although they're quite slow in responding, if they respond at all.

Fibonacci2021:
Hello @Ade999. I also have a conditional offer from University of Hull and I have submitted WAEC certificate and scratch card as requested. I haven't got any feedback from them. I wonder if we have to pay to get unconditional offer. Plus do you know if University of Hull require POF to issue CAS?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Please gurus I need assistance.
Please how long does it take for University of Teeside to issue CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kennykale: 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Valourex:
Please gurus I need assistance.
Please how long does it take for University of Teeside to issue CAS.

This question Ehn. Most popular opinion I have seen on here is that they are very slow. Some ppl from last year paid and never got CAS.

The unpopular opinion is that some ppl paid and got CAS in least than a week .

So follow your head o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
kennykale:

This question Ehn. Most popular opinion I have seen on here is that they are very slow. Some ppl from last year paid and never got CAS.

The unpopular opinion is that some ppl paid and got CAS in least than a week .

So follow you head o
Kai undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by zuzman(m): 12:18am On Feb 21, 2022
hi, congratulations. Im also looking at applying to PU, i'll mail u so we connect and share info. Thanks.
bennyg24:
Hello all, I just got a conditional offer to university of Portsmouth, anyone with information about that school; like how quickly do they issue CAS and what are job prospects in Portsmouth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 1:10am On Feb 21, 2022
Gurus please which UK university issues CAS without delay?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Honlucas: 1:13am On Feb 21, 2022
ensamy:
I have an M.Sc in Microbiology, and applied another M.Sc in Molecular microbiology for a career shift or change, now the school wants me to provide credibility statement , that's Personal statement to prove I am genuine. Hope this is not roadblock. Please any one done credibility statement.

Bro pls which uni I'm also interested in molecular microbiology
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sulegee: 1:31am On Feb 21, 2022
Can I use the same personal statement for more than one school? Urgent replies pls anyone
Thanks

Kels4real:
Very easy, make google your Friend and apply to different school within your budget.
Note* get all documents ready

*transcript
*certificate
*Good personal statement
*employment reference
*Academic reference
* passport
*Waec result

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Omoluv5: 2:20am On Feb 21, 2022
Strathclyde University...
Valourex:
Gurus please which UK university issues CAS without delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 21, 2022
I got my study visa guys.
Thanks to everyone that answered my questions on this site. I started this process in December and still can’t believe I got it done for January resumption.

Applied to Sunderland and Coventry: Dec 6th

Offer: Sunderland declined my offer on Dec 13th and offered me a different course for Sept resumption. Thankfully Coventry gave me an offer on Dec 17th.

School resumed: January 10th

CAS issued: January 21st

Started online visa application: January 24th

TB test appointment: January 27th

Updated CAS issued: January 28th (due to error in CAS)

Online visa application submitted: January 31st

Biometrics/ document submission: February 3rd (I did priority service)

Collection email: February 15th

I submitted my 1st degree certificate and transcripts (only support document on my CAS), bank statement, my marriage certificate, pictures of all my past visas and my child’s birth certificate.
I have been out of school for 10years and out of work for almost 7yrs so did not submit any CV. I don’t have my tax documentation so didn’t submit any business documents . I also declared my past US refusal and past UK refusal. I must note dt I did my undergrad in the UK & travelled there frequently, so have an history with them, although they refused my last visit visa in 2018 due to “incomplete information”. (I guess they just didn’t want to give me such a lengthy visa since I wasn’t working formally for a company).

Wish everyone all the best with their applications and plenty money fall on you cos this stuff ain’t cheap.

PS- if ur traveling to the UK and concerned about Covid restrictions all you need is ur vaccination certificate. You don’t need to do any covid test or quarantine. The only people dt need a negative covid test result are those dt haven’t taken the vaccine. For now dts the regulation if going to the UK direct. If ur transiting u can check ur airline’s regulations.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cbn4main: 5:57am On Feb 21, 2022
This is a good plan especially for someone that wants to cut cost by living "lowkey" while studying. But unfortunately you will spend more. Here is why: Your dependants must travel with you to UK to collect their brp as this serves as their pass for all their waka. Secondly whenever you are extending your visa, they must be physically present in the UK. So, that money wey u wan save, u go lavish am fot flight tickets.
I initially considered this option but later discarded it. Make we all travel and manage as a family in UK.

queenfav:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 7:28am On Feb 21, 2022
Omoluv5:
Strathclyde University...
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tjaychic: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Wow! I'm just amazed at your speed! Congratulations!
What this CU showed me...it's well...

I got my study visa guys.
Thanks to everyone that answered my questions on this site. I started this process in December and still can’t believe I got it done for January resumption.

Applied to Sunderland and Coventry: Dec 6th

Offer: Sunderland declined my offer on Dec 13th and offered me a different course for Sept resumption. Thankfully Coventry gave me an offer on Dec 17th.

School resumed: January 10th

CAS issued: January 21st

Started online visa application: January 24th

TB test appointment: January 27th

Updated CAS issued: January 28th (due to error in CAS)

Online visa application submitted: January 31st

Biometrics/ document submission: February 3rd (I did priority service)

Collection email: February 15th

I submitted my 1st degree certificate and transcripts (only support document on my CAS), bank statement, my marriage certificate, pictures of all my past visas and my child’s birth certificate.
I have been out of school for 10years and out of work for almost 7yrs so did not submit any CV. I don’t have my tax documentation so didn’t submit any business documents . I also declared my past US refusal and past UK refusal. I must note dt I did my undergrad in the UK & travelled there frequently, so have an history with them, although they refused my last visit visa in 2018 due to “incomplete information”. (I guess they just didn’t want to give me such a lengthy visa since I wasn’t working formally for a company).

Wish everyone all the best with their applications and plenty money fall on you cos this stuff ain’t cheap.

PS- if ur traveling to the UK and concerned about Covid restrictions all you need is ur vaccination certificate. You don’t need to do any covid test or quarantine. The only people dt need a negative covid test result are those dt haven’t taken the vaccine. For now dts the regulation if going to the UK direct. If ur transiting u can check ur airline’s regulations.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Feyeemi: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2022
Valourex:

Thank you very much, please do you know how long it takes Teeside University to issue CAS?

Most People on this App have been complaining about Teeside alot recently. I’ll advise you to STAY AWAY from TEESIDE UNIVERSITY

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bigbanj007: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2022
harley4:
Please everyone,

I have been given conditional offer for a course at the university of hull. I also used NECO result, should I advise Hull to delete my NECO result as am also planning to write IELTS.

I want to know whether my academic reference must be on letter head paper of my school because it can be approved.

Please I need your quick response.

yes pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2022
Feyeemi:

Most People on this App have been complaining about Teeside alot recently. I’ll advise you to STAY AWAY from TEESIDE UNIVERSITY
Thanks, now I know better
I also have a conditional offer from the University of Salford, I think I'll just process that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.