Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,561 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203752 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Inyas2015: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hello sir/Ma

I was applying to Sheffield Hallam uni. with my HND, they asked me to input my start date and end date,
Should I enter the date I started my OND and enter the date I complete my HND as the end date?

Or I should just enter the start and end date of my HND?

Do I need to upload both OND and HND certificate or only HND?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
If youve done change of name then use whats on the name change docs. If you haven't done then she should use her name. It doesnt matter
Inyas2015:
I am applying for UK school for my wife I am her dependant, Is it a must use my Surname as her family name or should I use her name as it appear on her Certificate.

Does using my surname really matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bennyg24(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
SpongeBobSP:
So my personal statement actually exceeds this 4000, and I'll have to upload it, but I just want to be sure it won't be a problem exceeding that max allowed characters. Please, respond to this guys. Thanks.
There is no need in writing lengthy personal statement, hit the nail on the head, sell yourself as if an interview, and why you choose the school/UK.
I aced an offer with 560 words

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tolajay: 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
It matters nothing.

Since she didn't change her last name after wedding, then you maintain the status quo.

Just have supporting documents that you are both married and in a relationship.

Inyas2015:
I am applying for UK school for my wife I am her dependant, Is it a must use my Surname as her family name or should I use her name as it appear on her Certificate.

Does using my surname really matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
Canterbury is a beautiful town and you'd love it if you're into picturesque landscapes. It's also a quiet place.

The study experience is cool. The teaching quality is high but not as high and vigorous as its neighbour - UoK; you're expected to produce the highest quality work on your studies but once you get a good grip of your academic writing style and engage with your course, it's easier to do.

Students jobs are in constant supply. There's a club (club chemistry and its sister club, Tokyo Tea rooms - you can search them up on Facebook) in town that are constantly recruiting; no bartending or club work experience is required, they train newbies. They pay minimum wage which increases depending on how long you've been with them.
You can also work on UoK campus (Venue night club, school cleaning dept, the school food stores e.t.c) or off campus (stores on the high street, bars and more are constantly recruiting); the school jobs pay just the minimum wage, no extras. The job shops in CCCU and UoK also constantly post on and off- campus jobs on its site and its doors.
Your best bet for work would be Club Chemistry if you don't mind working at night, they also have programs with music artistes and DJs, charity events e.t.c from time to time which will give you more than 20hours (in 2-3 days) when it's not term time. If you end up going there, go to Club chemistry/Tokyo Team rooms and ask to speak to the manager or check their website for their contacts and send them a mail or call them.

The East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust also usually has part-time jobs available.

Living expense is quite low if you don't go for the extras or on-campus accommodation.

*Accommodation ranges from 290 to around 500 for shared apartments. One of the houses I lived in was fully finished with 5 bedrooms which ranged from £320 (single room) - £400 (double room) which included all bills (Internet/Gas/Electricity/Water). It is close to the city centre so it is easier to shop and access buses to school/work/church.
CCCU is very close to the twon centre so you could walk on some days if you want.

* Food costs the same as across London, I spent around £ 20-30 on food (Cereal, pasta and the likes) monthly because I usually had like 5-8 bowls of soup/stew which sometimes lasted me 6 weeks (I usually got this each time I went home in London so I didn't pay for this). Major purchases like a 5kg bag of rice, yam flour, poundo e.t.c cost me about £20 amd lasted for about 2 months. There's also just one African store close to the city centre (not sure if this has changed cos it's been a while since I visited).

*Transportation is quite cheap. At the start of each session, Stagecoach has a 9-month Unirider ticket offer for travel within Kent and East Sussex at around £250. You just need to show your card + student ID when you board buses; extra cost applies if you're going outside the coverage areas. If you don't buy the Unirider ticket, each return trip will cost you around £3.50.
emangks:
Basically opportunities around the cities

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bature45: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Please anyone on Bedfordshire conditional offer...how did you go about 65% upfront fee...help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oludharey1: 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Does University of Derby give scholarship to international students and how much? Pls I urgently the your responses to make decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Babababy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gentle21:
Good morning, please, I'm already in the UK and needs to transfer money from Nigerian bank to an account in the UK. Please, do anyone knows the means to achieve this. I have Domiciliary Visa Card with GTB but I'm paying into someone account in the UK. Please, help.

log into your web online banking, click on FX transactions, then click FX transactions to other banks, then click on new request and fill the required details.Transaction would be done in USD but Pounds will be credited to the receiver at the current exchange rate. You also have the option of paying for the offshore charges in Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AnaCheks(m): 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Madeforher:

Please when did you get the offer? And is it for May or September intake? Still waiting for their offer for May intake
September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MznAirA(f): 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
Please I would really appreciate any help from anyone here on how to resolve this. The Visa has still not been given to him and the bone of contention now is they are refusing to stamp the new passport. The embassy has been mailed several times but no response till now.
justwise:

He has not done anything wrong, there is no need to contact the embassy for anything. The TLS guy is talking nonsense
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cigbojugha: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good day good people. Please is it compulsory for a fresh graduate who have not served (NYSC) apply for masters in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AOI2016: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Yes, you can. I also got the response from the university rep in Nigeria.
kenniekel:
Please someone should please reply my post about Northampton university, can i proceed with my tuition deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oggg: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
MznAirA:
Please I would really appreciate any help from anyone here on how to resolve this. The Visa has still not been given to him and the bone of contention now is they are refusing to stamp the new passport. The embassy has been mailed several times but no response till now.
who informed you that someone is refusing to stamp new passport? Nobody is privy to such information except he was directly contacted by homeoffice. Did homeoffice contact him? TLS is not homeoffice, TLS is only a visa application centre and have no bearing on who gets a visa or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SpongeBobSP: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
kennykale:

If it exceeds the 4000 upload it as a word document.
Thanks bro, just wanted clarity.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bisiano1201: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
SpongeBobSP:

Na, you're not getting me.
It's not that I'm choosing to go against the rules or whatever, I just want to be sure it's not a trick way of eliminating people lol, cos at the bottom there they did say, if it exceeds....
Means it can be allowed??
It was just a bit confusing, the reason I asked.

Now I get you. That means you are safe to upload as a word document if it exceeds the maximum words required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Phenmeson(m): 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
SPDAZZY:

Try filling other parts of the form while intermittently going back to it, it will keep going down.

For instance, you can fill address; return to it, try scrolling down again; fill email, go back to it. Like that until it stabilisés.

Make sure your network is strong. Are you using a mobile phone?

Tanz dear. I used Laptop, fone & Tablet. I had no choice than to select Australia so it can move to the next page. The fomA was approved but I did not do the follow up with the Bank because it took 3weeks for the approval

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emangks: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Thank you
mimilyrics:
Canterbury is a beautiful town and you'd love it if you're into picturesque landscapes. It's also a quiet place.

The study experience is cool. The teaching quality is high but not as high and vigorous as its neighbour - UoK; you're expected to produce the highest quality work on your studies but once you get a good grip of your academic writing style and engage with your course, it's easier to do.

Students jobs are in constant supply. There's a club (club chemistry and its sister club, Tokyo Tea rooms - you can search them up on Facebook) in town that are constantly recruiting; no bartending or club work experience is required, they train newbies. They pay minimum wage which increases depending on how long you've been with them.
You can also work on UoK campus (Venue night club, school cleaning dept, the school food stores e.t.c) or off campus (stores on the high street, bars and more are constantly recruiting); the school jobs pay just the minimum wage, no extras. The job shops in CCCU and UoK also constantly post on and off- campus jobs on its site and its doors.
Your best bet for work would be Club Chemistry if you don't mind working at night, they also have programs with music artistes and DJs, charity events e.t.c from time to time which will give you more than 20hours (in 2-3 days) when it's not term time. If you end up going there, go to Club chemistry/Tokyo Team rooms and ask to speak to the manager or check their website for their contacts and send them a mail or call them.

The East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust also usually has part-time jobs available.

Living expense is quite low if you don't go for the extras or on-campus accommodation.

*Accommodation ranges from 290 to around 500 for shared apartments. One of the houses I lived in was fully finished with 5 bedrooms which ranged from £320 (single room) - £400 (double room) which included all bills (Internet/Gas/Electricity/Water). It is close to the city centre so it is easier to shop and access buses to school/work/church.
CCCU is very close to the twon centre so you could walk on some days if you want.

* Food costs the same as across London, I spent around £ 20-30 on food (Cereal, pasta and the likes) monthly because I usually had like 5-8 bowls of soup/stew which sometimes lasted me 6 weeks (I usually got this each time I went home in London so I didn't pay for this). Major purchases like a 5kg bag of rice, yam flour, poundo e.t.c cost me about £20 amd lasted for about 2 months. There's also just one African store close to the city centre (not sure if this has changed cos it's been a while since I visited).

*Transportation is quite cheap. At the start of each session, Stagecoach has a 9-month Unirider ticket offer for travel within Kent and East Sussex at around £250. You just need to show your card + student ID when you board buses; cost applies if you're going outside the coverage areas. If you don't buy the Unirider ticket, each return trip will cost you around £3.50.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Compulsory? Or you mean possible. Yes its possible. Who nysc epp
Cigbojugha:
Good day good people. Please is it compulsory for a fresh graduate who have not served (NYSC) apply for masters in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cigbojugha: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
DuBooVay:
Compulsory? Or you mean possible. Yes its possible. Who nysc epp

Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
patomon002:

Hello, not sure who gave you this information, but from the UK website, the process is now issuance of CAS commences 6 months to admission and got same confirmation from a UK school when i asked.

You are both correct " most schools start issuing CAS 3 months @ the earliest to any intake" while UKVI clearly states it that it's 6 months.
The question to ask is has anyone been issued a student visa 6 months to their start dates?

As you are both aware, schools have diff start dates, imagine a school still busy with Jan intakes, how would that school be attending to May intake in November or December of the preceding year?

Probable Start Dates that I know of depending on the course and the school

Jan
Feb
April
May
June
Sept
October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
mechoau:
Hello house, pls I need help. Please base on research or experience, is there any school that is cheap and doesn't require one to pay 50% less or More before or on enrollment, and also has Installment payment plan. Have searching although. And also the deposit fees is not more than 3000 pounds I will be grateful if anyone can share me some information about the schools that has this criteria.
Many Thanks

Try GCU in Scotland cos as at Jan this year, no 50% payment on enrollment but don't know if they ve also joined others in this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kevwe06(f): 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2022
@justwise and everyone
Please I need an advise, I was refused student visa in 2015 reason because I used my older brother as my sponsor with his bank statements. The ECO stated that and I quote, I am satisfied that you have employed deception when making an application for entry clearance I therefore refused this application under 320(7a). After that I was awarded zero point for maintenance. The final conclusion was, given The above I have refused your visa application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of Paragraph 245zv of the immigration rules. I was given Administrative Review but I did use use it that is because we realised the mistake that I should have put the fundS in my account. Since 2016 -2019 things were rough for us hoping 2020 I will apply again with my account and declare my refusal but COVID happened . Now 2022 we are fully ready everything in place for sept intake, I intend to declare my refusal but what is my chances since I will be using my personal account for this application and my family are still my sponsor for mY masters degree program. Please I need everyone‘s opinion. Especially @justwise. Godbless us all. Thank God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kevwe06:
@justwise and everyone
Please I need an advise, I was refused student visa in 2015 reason because I used my older brother as my sponsor with his bank statements. The ECO stated that and I quote, I am satisfied that you have employed deception when making an application for entry clearance I therefore refused this application under 320(7a). After that I was awarded zero point for maintenance. The final conclusion was, given The above I have refused your visa application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of Paragraph 245zv of the immigration rules. I was given Administrative Review but I did use use it that is because we realised the mistake that I should have put the fundS in my account. Since 2016 -2019 things were rough for us hoping 2020 I will apply again with my account and declare my refusal but COVID happened . Now 2022 we are fully ready everything in place for sept intake, I intend to declare my refusal but what is my chances since I will be using my personal account for this application and my family are still my sponsor for mY masters degree program. Please I need everyone‘s opinion. Especially @justwise. Godbless us all. Thank God
deception is ban. I think you are under 10 years ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Inyas2015:
Hello sir/Ma

I was applying to Sheffield Hallam uni. with my HND, they asked me to input my start date and end date,
Should I enter the date I started my OND and enter the date I complete my HND as the end date?

Or I should just enter the start and end date of my HND?

Do I need to upload both OND and HND certificate or only HND?

I think your HND should suffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cigbojugha:

Compulsory how?

Anyways, you can apply as long as you have your statement/transcript/ certificate, whichever applies even if you yet to go for NYSC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Please help me I need a job please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kiki22: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kenson1:
Good day house, what's the likely question asked in University Bradford for pre cas cause am going to make my form A payment

I also got an unconditional offer from Bradford too, that pre CAS interview sounds scary

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kiki22: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
Freelane33:
Pls who is going to university of Bradford here pls quote me or mention me

Hi Freelane33, I just got an unconditional offer against September

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.