Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1246799 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:45am On Mar 06, 2022
onidodo:
Hello house,
Please can anyone assist with the information below.
Visa and IHS fees for children under 13years.
And adult visa and IHS fees.

Thank you.

IHS fees is dependent on the applicat's immigration status and since this forum is for student visa, the main applicant's course duration is needed to calculate the fee. When you get to that stage UKVI will let you know how much to pay.

Should you need the info to prepare your tentative budget, check this official UK gov site.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/who-needs-pay

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:52am On Mar 06, 2022
tholah01:
Hi everyone,
Please I need clarification
I have gotten a few admissions from four different schools in the Uk and I am considering University of Plymouth Business analytics.the duration is 1year and school fee is 16k pounds but got a discount of 2k pounds so I am to pay 14k
Although I am still single I am planning to get married and go with my spouse so he can work full-time to support me, I intend on doing the visa processing myself cause I am not buoyant enough to afford agents.my question is that since I am going for September term, when is the best time to get married and start visa application for myself and my fiancée or can I start as I am single and get married in between and apply for my spouse or what’s the best thing to do cause I really want us to go together, this will ease off the stress of thinking of tuition while in school as my spouse can work to support me
Your honest advice is needed �

The best time is NOW.
Start your preparation for both now. Proceed to the court to fix date and get necessary docs from them and in your form filling processes, you are as good as married. This is necessary to avoid a complex application and time-wasting visa processing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:57am On Mar 06, 2022
tholah01:
Thank you so much for your response, is marriage certificate needed to get CAS from school cause I filled that I am single in the application for the school

If marriage certificate is needed it means I need to get before getting my CAS from school or can I get my CAS from school without been married
I read something here that you need a letter from your spouse school to apply as a dependent

Some school might want to know how many dependants you have b4 issuing CAS and b4 forwarding your details to UKVI.
Since you already started the admission as a single person, you can notify the school @ the earliest time of a change in status.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pacypatty(f): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
AlphaUno:

There is a new type of passport now being issued by the NIS, they ve phased out the old type. Go to any of their offices nearest to you to find out exact amount as this differs from state to state. For the new passport, it's not less than 50k

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Newbie123: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
justwise:

You can work 20hrs a week but i'm not you will be able to get student ID and letter a month before your course starts

I thought all that was needed was BRP cos I'm planning on doing same
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bola01234: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mannymanny:

What was ur grade pls and which school exactly?

I had 2.51
And it's university of Stirling Scotland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SerendipityHere: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
No note at the moment
Feyeemi:

There’s a section on the last part of the Form where the Supervisors Write a Note regarding your Application. Check to be sure there’s no issue or request to upload an additional document
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nikky2bad:
Please i need help on my matter
I applied for a student visa and had my biometrics capture in July 2021, I got a refusal letter on the July 2021 and applied for a review of the mistakes on the decision in August 2021
I received a turnover from the administrative review in October 2021 and got an email to submit my passport to TLS Abuja November 2021 the said passport and TB test was dropped at the TLS Center Abuja Nigeria in November 2021

I resent my TB test as it was not uploaded when a lady called me from Pretoria in December 2021

Since then, I have been waiting to no avail and my school resumes this March 2022 I have been calling UKVI non stop and they do not have a tangible reply for me except that my review is in progress and application undergoing mandatory checks
it is over 3 months since I dropped off my passport, does anyone know what is happening

I want to encourage you to ask your maker to intercede, nothing is impossible b4 Him

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by segunibk: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Simplyk:

Ok bro, u can get me through wthatsap 08142260024

Please let's link up I also applied there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rottenPussy: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Pls which schools give admission fast with no pre-cas?

I have target schools already, but they all seem to take about two months to decide, which means it will be quite close to resumption.

Also, they require pre-cas, which means the success is highly contingent.

I feel the need to get a sure bet.

Pls advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
cbn4main:

I have to ask. Does 1 year placement translate to increase in POF as a result of one's living cost for the extra year of job placement?

No it does not increase the POF. Your P O F is calculated on a 9 months basis but your IHS will surely increase
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rottenPussy: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Bature45:
Please anyone on Bedfordshire conditional offer...how did you go about 65% upfront fee...help a brother
Hi, pls how long did it take before you got the admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
BlessingVic:

Good afternoon,
Can kindly explain what is school invoice?

Not all school has invoice. Sometimes, a conditional offer can have all the details on an invoice stating all conditions to be met b4 getting unconditional offer. So, whatever doc you have that states your name, student reference no and how much you should pay as deposit/tuition etc will suffice in this case

But it's a formal doc explaining in details an amount to be paid by a client or customer (in this case a potential student) and for what purpose.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
babajide107:
Please I’m new here.I would love start admission process for msc in chemistry.What I don’t understand is the pof. Is the school that requires that or embassy and since the school said I can pay 4k as initial deposit and split the rest later. I would also want to know about the pof can a family friend do that for me

Some schools require the P O F and definitely UKVI. It has to be in the main applicant's account and not your family friend's to avoid NSF and stories.
Meanwhile, you can check out and navigate www.gov.uk for detailed info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Agnes22: 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
I am yet to apply, how good is the scholl please?

i applied last week or so, but i have not received any offer yet.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by gistbite(f): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
rottenPussy:
Pls which schools give admission fast with no pre-cas?

I have target schools already, but they all seem to take about two months to decide, which means it will be quite close to resumption.

Also, they require pre-cas, which means the success is highly contingent.

I feel the need to get a sure bet.

Pls advise

University of Chester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
gistbite:

University of Chester

Most courses at the Uni of Chester for May intake are almost gone. In fact, by end of tomorrow 7th, if you are yet to get an offer, you can quickly put in for Sept.

Also, starting from tomorrow, they should start issuing CAS for the above intake

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
For those trying to calculate and start running your P O F, today's rate on Oanda is 552/554 (selling/buying)

Naira has been gaining lately partly due to the war in Eastern Europe.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Aieboocaar(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
FavourMercy01:
Congrats. Please did you get any Tuition fee reduction/ scholarship?

Well, they offer a 10% off-tuition discount for students who apply before 31st march and pay deposit before 30th April (that's for September intakes).

I'd have to wait till enrolment to know if the discount truly applies.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Proudlyzainab: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
kennykale:
Guys please who can explain to me the colors of the bags used at TLS. And also during biometrics a yellow envelope was first given then changed to a black bag.

Pls I need clarification

I know that black file is standard application
While green is priority.
Not sure I’ve seen yellow
Maybe it’s super priority, I don’t know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by claseek(f): 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Happy Sunday guys

I’ll appreciate your piece of advice pls, I have a strong passion to study business analytics or data analytics, especially as the job prospect is high. I’ve also wanted to switch career to tech or something close.

Now the few school that I have tried applying for typically wants a requirement in the field of mathematics/computer science/ engineering etc. I have no such experience. My b.sc was public administration and my work experience has all been in customer service.

Pls what school do not need these limiting requirements or any other non-science course with very high job prospect? Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Aieboocaar(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Good day guys.
Please anyone else who has gotten an offer and would be going to University Of Kent by September ??

Let's connect and share ideas Please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kaja(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2022
Pls who has gotten admission to Hertfordshire to study international business management, let's link up

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bali233: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
AlphaUno:

Most courses at the Uni of Chester for May intake are almost gone. In fact, by end of tomorrow 7th, if you are yet to get an offer, you can quickly put in for Sept.

Also, starting from tomorrow, they should start issuing CAS for the above intake

Pls was it from the school you got this information?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jobgetter(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
AlphaUno:
For those trying to calculate and start running your P O F, today's rate on Oanda is 552/554 (selling/buying)

Naira has been gaining lately partly due to the war in Eastern Europe.
Can one buy pounds on Oanda?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
bola01234:

I had 2.51
And it's university of Stirling Scotland

Nice... congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by FELOPH1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
Hello House
Pls I need your advice.
I applied for Masters in UK (MSc Finance and Investment) using the M.Sc Economics which I got in Nigeria as part of the documents in uploaded for the admission. I have already gotten 5 offers from different schools.
My worry now is that someone told me there might be some implications at the visa stage as I might be required to explain why am going for a second masters.

Does anyone have this kind of experience b4?
Pls advise.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Lordfiido(m): 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
AlphaUno:

How certain are you about the CAS ISSUANCE starting from tommorow ? This is because they just started the cas shield stuff last week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oggg: 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
AlphaUno:
There is a new type of passport now being issued by the NIS, they ve phased out the old type. Go to any of their offices nearest to you to find out exact amount as this differs from state to state. For the new passport, it's not less than 50k
passpprt is 26k. The new ppt is the enhanced e ppt which is 26k and only avail in lagos, abuja and ph. The other ppt issued in the remainin states is 17k for adults and 11k for children
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bali233: 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
Lordfiido:

How certain are you about the CAS ISSUANCE starting from tommorow ? This is because they just started the cas shield stuff last week.

Whats CAS Shield please?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Lordfiido(m): 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
bali233:

Whats CAS Shield please?
The new system they started for CAS last Thursday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
Please guys what is the exchange rate if you're paying your tuition deposit with UBA form A?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1048)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.