Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,487 members, 7,847,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1243004 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
Masjeff14:
Per se, attention to details matters alot. Pay what the school demanded you for as stated in your offer letter.

The deposit fee is the minimum amount you can pay but that doesn’t stop you from paying more.If you want to pay 70% of your tuition,please go ahead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Killamo:
1. How much should i have to even start thinking of applying for Msc admission in U.K? I'm currently worth around 4m, still hustling hard. Omo naija no easy cry cry
2. What sch offer A.I, Data Science or Machine Learning at affordable fee?

You can’t see any school offering data science and the likes for less than 13k, your best shot is getting a scholarship if you graduated with first class or 2:1.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ItsJezzy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
Daempireboss:

Access bank takes like 3weeks ooo. And the charge over 21k extra. Bank charges, CBN form A charge and offshore swift watever they called it.
Mine took 3 weeks

Have you been able to complete the process now? I’ve been waiting on zenith bank for like 2weeks now for this same thing. Same school too. Sunderland.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
ibenzerkess:

I also applied for computer science with advanced practice just last week and am waiting for their offer. Do you hold an undergraduate in computer science?
Yes , computers science.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
ibenzerkess:

I also graduated with 2:2 in 2010. I have gotten admissions to countless universities in the UK. From Media studies, communication and public relation to computer science and IT. You can get any course you desire to study.

Waiting happened you want use the admission �️ build house �.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ibenzerkess: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
Abbey8890:
Hi how much is IHS pls?

Don't know how you arrived at your calculation but each applicant either main or dependants will pay same amount for IHS

IHS is charged based on the duration of your course. And don't forget, each dependant will also have to pay an IHS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ibenzerkess: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
thebossagain:

Waiting happened you want use the admission �️ build house �.

Don't worry, those are my areas of experience. And when it comes to applying for admission, it's advisable to apply to about 5 universities so you don't get disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by deeceo: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
Pristine664:
I graduated with 2:2 in 2012... What's my chances of getting admission in UK for my post graduate studies and what are the major processes

I'm new here please (in fact I registered on Nairaland for this purpose)...and I will appreciate prompt response.

Thank you.

Most UK Universities accept 2:2 for postgraduate studies. If you have relevant work experience, it could also serve as an advantage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ishilove:

@justwise can I send you a PM?

Monitoring spirit can pm me anytime lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angel4sure: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
Helo friends, I just got an offer of admission in Cranfield university Uk for my masters and I am to accept the offer before 31st of may 2022. Pls join me thank God.

Pls what's the next step now

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IPDaley: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
9iceboi:
Dear gurus in the house. My passport will be expiring on feb 2023. Am an applicant for Sept intake.
A friend told me that I will b denied visa because my passport will be less than 6 months by Sept.
I called the immigration and they told me that I can't renew my passport now.
Please is it true that you can't be granted visa on a passport that will be expiring in less than 6 months?

Ideally, you're supposed to have at least 2 years left on your passport before applying for visa.

Also, it's false that you can't renew your passport before expiration. You will have to pay about 10-15k extra and write a letter for consideration, but you definitely can. My passport is expiring in December and I am currently working on renewing it, I have done data capture.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
justwise:

Monitoring spirit can pm me anytime lol
grin grin tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by toolluu: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
Cheapest i found during my research - Hull(11k), Suffolk(13k)
Killamo:
1. How much should i have to even start thinking of applying for Msc admission in U.K? I'm currently worth around 4m, still hustling hard. Omo naija no easy cry cry
2. What sch offer A.I, Data Science or Machine Learning at affordable fee?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPDaley:

Ideally, you're supposed to have at least 2 years left on your passport before applying for visa.

Also, it's false that you can't renew your passport before expiration. You will have to pay about 10-15k extra and write a letter for consideration, but you definitely can. My passport is expiring in December and I am currently working on renewing it, I have done data capture.

The rule is you begin your passport application at most 3 months to expiration.
What they did for you was illegal,on the Portal they will declared that your passport is lost,stolen or destroyed,that extra they charged you was to conceal the truth

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPDaley:

false. You can apply with a passpt of 3-4 months left. Uk does not have any such restrictions. The visa duration will be on the BRP and not on the passport. 2 years kor.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bomsilaga(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2022
UWS just asked me to defer to September after waiting for CAS for about a month. This is very devastating.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello,

Cranfield is a very intense Uni with lots of industry connection.
Accept the offer, ensure no outstanding documents,pay the deposit , get your CAS and apply for your visa.

My advice,do not stay on campus,target Bedford or Milton Keynes area (although Bedford is cheaper) so you can work if you intend to.

Let me know if you need help

Cheers

angel4sure:
Helo friends, I just got an offer of admission in Cranfield university Uk for my masters and I am to accept the offer before 31st of may 2022. Pls join me thank God.

Pls what's the next step now

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Killamo: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
Gloriyah:

You can’t see any school offering data science and the likes for less than 13k, your best shot is getting a scholarship if you graduated with first class or 2:1.
I thought as much. I've been researching without success. Any idea on where/how to land a scholarship or discount?
toolluu:
Cheapest i found during my research - Hull(11k), Suffolk(13k)
At what exchange rate sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by awesomedeji111(m): 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
Good Afternoon everyone.

Is there any one here still waiting for a dependent visa after 8weeks on biometrics done. Several paid escalation mail( both wait for 10 and 15 working days) been to tls severally. Wife in the UK been to the post office which the BRP is the since February, been the school immigration team last week to escalate and they promise to do something but my passport isn’t back still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by toolluu: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Official(558) -Form A
Killamo:

I thought as much. I've been researching without success. Any idea on where/how to land a scholarship or discount?

At what exchange rate sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
Pauloot:
Wait oh! Is it English that is you ppl problem or ignorance? Someone told you i don't do private mail and you asking for a DM? Like seriously? And you wanna study in Uk lol
I will do IELTS to prove to you naysayers that I can speak and understand English
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MSbarbieK: 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
bomsilaga:
UWS just asked me to defer to September after waiting for CAS for about a month. This is very devastating.

Wow...so sorry about this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by JorshWa(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Chill and read ahead Sire
Pauloot:
Wait oh! Is it English that is you ppl problem or ignorance? Someone told you i don't do private mail and you asking for a DM? Like seriously? And you wanna study in Uk lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pristine664: 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
ibenzerkess:

I also graduated with 2:2 in 2010. I have gotten admissions to countless universities in the UK. From Media studies, communication and public relation to computer science and IT. You can get any course you desire to study.

Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mablove(f): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please which school is that abeg??
Hairybelly01:

Please go ahead to submit your application without your transcript. I got an admission there without submitting a transcript and it wasn't requested for in my conditional offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pristine664: 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
Gloriyah:

There are a lot of schools that offer admission to graduates with 2:2.
It’s depends on the course you’re applying for but upon application you need your degree certificate/transcript
IELTs or WAEC or NECO result for schools that don’t require IELTs.
Academic/work reference
Personal statement
Passport
Cv if you’re using your work experience as a reason for applying for the course.

Thanks so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MrsLins: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls I’ll like to seek guidance as regards my international passport and TB test. My current passport is in my maiden name and won’t expire till December 2022. However, I have applied for a new passport reflecting my married surname and it’s taking a while. I intend to apply for my visa using the new passport.

Can I proceed to do my Tb test with the available passport while I await the new one? Or is the discrepancy in passport number going to affect my visa application?

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pristine664: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
NomzyJust:

You will get admitted but make sure you have filled up the gaps since 2012 to present on your CV. And please don't apply to "countless universities" like that Uncle. Thanks

God bless you.

Pls which uncle are you talking about and what is the implication of applying to countless schools?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mablove(f): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
[Thank you for your response. quote author=Gloriyah post=111619424]

I can only speak for Robert Gordon university which I applied to without transcript & reference.

As regards tuition deposit ,it’s 34% of your fees for RGU, so it depends on your course fee that will determine how much you pay.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.