Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1209078 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 9:57pm On May 18, 2022
Cassan:
Thank you very much. This is probably what I needed. My TB results will be ready before the end of this month. My POF is also ready and i have started counting down to the days required
hello bro pls can we chat directly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by toms55(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2022
enesty:
Any aberystwyth student here
yes send me a PM to send you the group link

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Notime0112: 9:59pm On May 18, 2022
Iranoladun:

Go back to your UBA branch and open a domiciliary account and get a dollar ATM card then load your dom account with dollar (gotten from black market), transfer the dollar to your dollar ATM card then use the dollar ATM card to pay for your school fees deposit.
I'm not too familiar with UBA procedure though. What I described up there is GTB process for dom account opening if you are a current account holder (you can do all this instantly in your GTB bank app

and go pick up your dollar ATM card at the bank -all within 24 hours).

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Iranoladun(f): 10:01pm On May 18, 2022
Gx470:

Hello Please have you submitted all documents in CAS shield by BCU when did you submit ?I'm waiting on 28 days bank statement and when are you hoping they respond

I have submitted all required docs. They didn't say when they will issue CAS but I'm assuming from next week undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DamiVine: 10:01pm On May 18, 2022
bharkarh:
Please how long does it take IELTS result to be out

Computer-based: about 5 days.
Paper-based: about 13 days.

However, it could be delayed if “IELTS decide that is necessary to review any matter associated with your test or the administration of your test”. as contained in the T&C.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Chuksy12(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2022
Sheffield Hallam University should do the needful... It's taking time.
te author=homesinabuja post=112956648]
Bro! I am tired of waiting
If they are not giving again they should let us know [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 10:02pm On May 18, 2022
Leeds Becket just gave me unconditional offer after series of Mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:09pm On May 18, 2022
Coolcube:

When I got to the disbursement stage, I downloaded the form online, printed it and went to bank with a letter of authorisation to debit, a copy of passport and other supporting documents which was uploaded on the Trade Portal.
Please I submitted it and how do I know it has gotten to the disbursement stage? As I'm not seeing anything that shows that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kunleop: 10:13pm On May 18, 2022
angel4sure:
Good evening to everyone and all the Gurus in the house. Pls my question is : .

I want to pay my tuition deposit fee and my school preferred way of payment is online using my card. Am using GTB MasterCard, and I noticed that their exchange rate is high : 649 naira to one pound, and my fee is £1000.

I searched and found that Sky Bank is way much cheaper to other banks and they rate is even lower than CBN rate. Their rate is 434 to one pound. Pls I want to know if am to use this bank and pay my fees, pls has anyone used sky bank to pay. Shld I go on to Open and acct with them so I can pay my fees. My school deadline for payment is 31st of this month.

Hi.
Kindly confirm the rate of the Skye bank, I hope u are not interchanging it with Dollar rate, u can never see pounds rate bow 500 at this time.
Kindly confirm before you go ahead.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hallelluyah(m): 10:15pm On May 18, 2022
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please kindly help interprete these fees structure, I received this fees Confirmation from Ulster University:

Dear XXXXXXX
Ref No: XXXXXX
Course: MSc International Business with Data Analytics with Advanced Practice

Congratulations on your successful application to study with Ulster University. We are pleased to confirm that you have been awarded a discount off your tuition fees.

Please note that if you're studying an undergraduate bachelor degree the same discount percentage will be applied to every year.

To reserve a place on this programme you are required to pay a minimum deposit, specified below. This will be counted as part of your tuition fee. The remainder of your fee will be payable once you have enrolled.

Please see below for a full breakdown on your fees for the academic year 2022

Tuition fee £17250

Tuition fee due academic year 21/22 £8625

Total tuition fee due academic year 21/22 £8625

Deposit amount £5,500

This discount does not affect the terms and conditions of your offer as set out in the terms and conditions document.

Should you have any queries regarding your tuition fee please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind regards,

Ulster University London and Birmingham Admissions Team
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 10:32pm On May 18, 2022
DarkEvanny:

I did,just got an offer yesterday but the fees is way high
Hopefully I’m eligible for their discount
Discount is 3k for international student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2022
How do I pay for visa application and IHS fees.
During filling of Application form ...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oshocall: 10:40pm On May 18, 2022
Ur card won't work cos ur card is programmed for 20 dollars per mut .

So for us in Nigeria it is a no no with CIBC

Let's keep the hope strong as form A and black market is the only hope we have .

Good luck

Ace0074:
Hi nairalanders.. This uba thing is getting frustrating o and person no get plenty money to buy pounds at blackmarket and pay with dom account. My school accept a mastercard payment in naira CIBC (rate at 528) but all my cards is not working, e just dey decline and its in naira. Please does anyone know how I can go about it make I pay this thing or is there like a type of card I will request for?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On May 18, 2022
bazzyblings:

Good day people please I need to ask a very important question .. please how long can one be married before he or she can apply with dependant ? Is there a time frame … because some persons are saying it has to be 6months … please kindly advise

There is no time frame for this, you can marry and apply anytime you are ready

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2022
DarkEvanny:

Ermmm she should start counting POF now? When she hasn’t even gotten an offer
Then the TB test, thought you need the school address you’re heading to

If the POF had been with her and she owns it,why not?
Any UK address will suffice so i heard.
A school already requested for Travel documents, meaning offer is imminent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 10:44pm On May 18, 2022
oshocall:
Not true

okay o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2022
Holyjosy:

Pls help a brother ,

A friend made a mistake why filling his UK Student visa application.

After filling the IHS section,
He was able to generate IHS reference number ,
*BUT*, His IHS application was showing 0.00(UDS) as total payment value,(knowing fully well is he suppose to pay) . Its a 12 months program.
Probably he has selected the wrong option, *Seems editing is no longer possible*

Pls how can this be resolve , make una help ooo.

Gurus in the house pls undecided

He should continue with the application at a stage he will be asked to pay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 10:48pm On May 18, 2022
penfold:

Hi Justwise,
I logged on to Nairaland again today after a loong time and I'm so tickled to see that you've kept this thread alive, and still helping people with information.
God bless you real good for this, May The Almighty ease your affairs the same way you've brought ease to thousands of people through this information trove.

Cheers Bro

Yes i'm still doing my NYSC here... grin grin

Thanks for your kind words, appreciated.

God bless

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 11:02pm On May 18, 2022
eniola1010:
Guys I really commend you all for these thread. I have been reading since page one

1) please if you're going to york st john university. Lets link up. My whatsapp number is on my status.

2) according to the picture attached to this write up. Since my formA is showing abd reviewer disbursement what does this mean?

3) i hear people on the thread saying one should keep pof till one enters uk. Are they really confirmed cases where one is asked of pof at point of entry?

Thanks as you answer me.

It’s being worked on. You’ve even been issued form number already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 11:22pm On May 18, 2022
angel4sure:
Good evening to everyone and all the Gurus in the house. Pls my question is : .

I want to pay my tuition deposit fee and my school preferred way of payment is online using my card. Am using GTB MasterCard, and I noticed that their exchange rate is high : 649 naira to one pound, and my fee is £1000.

I searched and found that Sky Bank is way much cheaper to other banks and they rate is even lower
than CBN rate. Their rate is 434 to one pound. Pls I want to know if am to use this bank and pay my fees, pls has anyone used sky bank to pay. Shld I go on to Open and acct with them so I can pay my fees. My school deadline for payment is 31st of this month.

Skye bank you said? Please reconfirm this.

Also, what bank would offer a rate below CBN’s? Be sure you’re not working with a stale information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 11:35pm On May 18, 2022
Emmyjnr1:
Abeg which bank form A is faster pls.. UBa don tire me oooo

See, all banks are fast and slow at the same time. What i notice about this Form A is that, you have to know someone in the branch you want to use that’ll help you fast track it. I went to union bank and i was told it’s not possible to get debited in a week. I went to Globus and I was assured of an assistance and everything went well within 16 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sainty92: 11:41pm On May 18, 2022
oshocall:
Answer is yes I did 5 banks only one has changed which I intend pulling d fund to all others are still in Adb reviewer .

Please go ahead and keep monitoring anyone dat enter disbursement u move ur cash there.

Good lock

Which of the bank changed to disbursement reviewer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 11:45pm On May 18, 2022
Seems like nobody that applied in april have gotten their visa again o.
�‍♂️. Tired of waiting .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 11:47pm On May 18, 2022
So guys my husband has finally agreed to sponsor me oh. This is a big miracle for me as Oga hates abroad
But reading the first page got me confused, the graduate visa and student visa thing

1. So how much is student visa for me and 2 dependents.
2. Maintenance for me.( outside London)
3. Maintenance for my dependent
4. IHS for me and my dependents

The first page got me confused
I checked online and saw Student Visa at £348
Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 12:08am On May 19, 2022
oshocall:

Let's keep the hope strong as form A and black market is the only hope we have .

Good luck

� hope. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 12:10am On May 19, 2022
oshocall:

Good luck

100% hope UBA form A will pull through. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:12am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

No it won't raise a red flag and Yes she can carry her daughter along.

For her daughter's application she should submit additional documents like birth certificate, her late father's death certificate which automatically gives you custody, in addition to maintenance funds (as usual)

Because she is 17years, you have to proof that she is not leaving an independent life, see attached an evidence you can submit for this, if she lives with you,a letter from her college should suffice

Once she turns 18, she is no longer minor and no longer your dependant

Cheers

Teeclassic01:
Hi house. A sister intends to travel on students visa. She has two children in her current marriage and hopes to take them along. However, in her first marriage to her first husband who is now late, she had a daughter who is 17 years old now. Her daughter doesn't carry her current husband's name. And she intends to take this her daughter along as well. Will this raise a red flag? How can she go about it? Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:17am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

No,it won't affect your application, as long as the first and last name is correct you should be fine.
Middle names are just optional, plus you have the affidavit/newspaper publication ( which is not necessary in my opinion)

Going forward ensure your details are the same as it appears on your passport

Cheers

DamiVine:
Hello guys,
Really appreciate the good work being done here. Thank you so much @justwise and everyone.

I have an issue with name. My personal bank account has a different middle name from my international passport (which has same name as my school documents). Although I have an affidavit and newspaper publication to that effect, declaring I am the same person.

Will this affect me when I apply for Form A and show POF for visa?

If yes, what can I do to remedy this as I just got a conditional offer from RGU?

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:18am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

Before you get confused with the information on the first page, you should crack on getting your admission sorted.

If you have,then what stage are you at so we can advise?

Cheers

Gift7428:
So guys my husband has finally agreed to sponsor me oh. This is a big miracle for me as Oga hates abroad
But reading the first page got me confused, the graduate visa and student visa thing

1. So how much is student visa for me and 2 dependents.
2. Maintenance for me.( outside London)
3. Maintenance for my dependent
4. IHS for me and my dependents

The first page got me confused
I checked online and saw Student Visa at £348
Please help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:24am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

I will try to do so,going forward you should be able to do it yourself.

1.Your course is for 2years total of £17,250

2. For the academic year 2021/2022,which is your first year, you are to pay £8625

3. Out of no 2, you are to pay £5500 as a tuition deposit.

No discount has been applied yet to your studies, if you are expecting one ,send an email and ask when it will be applied and see if a revised tuition will be sent across.

Cheers

hallelluyah:
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please kindly help interprete these fees structure, I received this fees Confirmation from Ulster University:

Dear XXXXXXX
Ref No: XXXXXX
Course: MSc International Business with Data Analytics with Advanced Practice

Congratulations on your successful application to study with Ulster University. We are pleased to confirm that you have been awarded a discount off your tuition fees.

Please note that if you're studying an undergraduate bachelor degree the same discount percentage will be applied to every year.

To reserve a place on this programme you are required to pay a minimum deposit, specified below. This will be counted as part of your tuition fee. The remainder of your fee will be payable once you have enrolled.

Please see below for a full breakdown on your fees for the academic yea2022

Tuition fee £17250

Tuition fee due academic year 21/22 £8625

Total tuition fee due academic year 21/22 £8625

Deposit amount £5,500

This discount does not affect the terms and conditions of your offer as set out in the terms and conditions document.

Should you have any queries regarding your tuition fee please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind regards,

Ulster University London and Birmingham Admissions Team

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 12:28am On May 19, 2022
thebossagain:

Discount is 3k for international student

Are you certain about this , or is it subject to your grade ? & what’s the initial deposit fee ? Please I’d like to confirm this so as to know how to proceed cause I just got a conditional offer from them, fees not yet stated on my offer

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.