Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1206187 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:29am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

Visa refusals are for the UK and any other country, so include them on your visa application.

If you can't remember then state so, be honest.

Cheers

oluwaleokey:

Please can a dependant who was denied Turkish language studies visa in 2012 declare it and also South Korea conference visa denial in 2017... note non of the both countries gave reason for denial besides I was thinking refusal declaration is meant for the western world and USA... please advise gurus in da house
Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:31am On May 19, 2022
Hello,

Look back at the thread, honest answers plus some calculations have been given.

Cheers

Bestyyyy:
Please I have a question for the gurus in the house.

With a net worth of about 6m naira and support from friends to assist with POF for visa application, is it enough for a single person to travel to the UK for masters degree? Considering the fact that a student can’t work full time

I need your honest answers please.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by drealdammy: 12:32am On May 19, 2022
Has anyone gotten offer from University of Derby this week? Going to 3rd week now since i applied and nothing yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 12:47am On May 19, 2022
Thanks for getting back
I have my admission at Wolverhampton and UWE Bristol. Might go for Wolverhampton.
Contacting Wolverhampton tomorrow so I can pay my fees.

duchess90:
Hello,

Before you get confused with the information on the first page, you should crack on getting your admission sorted.

If you have,then what stage are you at so we can advise?

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eniola1010(m): 1:11am On May 19, 2022
Sainty92:
Yesterday made it 2weeks I have been in disbursement stage in that access bank. No debit yet. Abeg wetin dey happen?

No debit in my side too. Usually it takes 4weeks and few days. Just put ur mind to 4 weeks and few days unless you have insiders.

So i have decided to wait the 4 weeks and few days. I'm using that opportunity to research on other things
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 1:56am On May 19, 2022
cbn4main:
@justwise, @gloriyah and gurus in the house, I have an error in my school certificate. A letter "G" was omitted. I got a court affidavit.
My question is, If I get CAS with it, what are my chances that I will scale through in Visa application?

Affidavit won’t suffice in this case, it’s better you can get a letter from your school stating the error was made by them.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 2:02am On May 19, 2022
Ace0074:
Hi nairalanders.. This uba thing is getting frustrating o and person no get plenty money to buy pounds at blackmarket and pay with dom account. My school accept a mastercard payment in naira CIBC (rate at 528) but all my cards is not working, e just dey decline and its in naira. Please does anyone know how I can go about it make I pay this thing or is there like a type of card I will request for?

Lol…..Do you live under a rock, naira card can’t carry that amount of transaction and the limit for naira master card for international transactions is $20 pere.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 2:15am On May 19, 2022
Gift7428:
So guys my husband has finally agreed to sponsor me oh. This is a big miracle for me as Oga hates abroad
But reading the first page got me confused, the graduate visa and student visa thing

1. So how much is student visa for me and 2 dependents.
2. Maintenance for me.( outside London)
3. Maintenance for my dependent
4. IHS for me and my dependents

The first page got me confused
I checked online and saw Student Visa at £348
Please help

CONGRATULATIONS…!!!

1. The details on the first thread is far from confusing..Anyways visa fee is now £363 your dependants pay the same fee.

2 & 3 maintenance fee for main applicant is 1,023 x 9months = 9,207
Maintenance fee for each dependants is 680 x 9months = 6,120

4. IHS Is calculated using the start and end date of your course along with other details . Go to the first page of this tread and click on the link and calculate your IHS fee for your self and dependants.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 2:17am On May 19, 2022
drealdammy:
Has anyone gotten offer from University of Derby this week? Going to 3rd week now since i applied and nothing yet

Patience is a virtue. They would definitely respond to your application.

P.S I did not apply to university of derby.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by spik007: 3:03am On May 19, 2022
Any one currently studying or given admission to study Business Analytics MSc in any UK university,please quote me.…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Olorunrinu: 3:50am On May 19, 2022
Iranoladun:

I have submitted all required docs. They didn't say when they will issue CAS but I'm assuming from next week undecided

Pls is there any whatsapp group for BCU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pato5(m): 4:11am On May 19, 2022
Please can I pay for IHS and visa using Euros (dom acct)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by isialo(f): 5:33am On May 19, 2022
Pls house, my POF is 34,447pounds, will 20m be okay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 6:16am On May 19, 2022
Chuksy12:
Sheffield Hallam University should do the needful... It's taking time.
te author=homesinabuja post=112956648]
Bro! I am tired of waiting
If they are not giving again they should let us know

Lol,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cassan(f): 6:33am On May 19, 2022
Sure.

Cjaylawson:
hello bro pls can we chat directly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 6:34am On May 19, 2022
I didn’t even know I had to book for TB before applying for my Visa
The next available date is in July and I want to apply for Visa in Mid June
What do I do ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 6:35am On May 19, 2022
God bless you

Gloriyah:

CONGRATULATIONS…!!!

1. The details on the first thread is far from confusing..Anyways visa fee is now £363 your dependants pay the same fee.

2 & 3 maintenance fee for main applicant is 1,023 x 9months = 9,207
Maintenance fee for each dependants is 680 x 9months = 6,120

4. IHS Is calculated using the start and end date of your course along with other details . Go to the first page of this tread and click on the link and calculate your IHS fee for your self and dependants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ifymm: 6:36am On May 19, 2022
Thank you all for good job.
Pls my school made a mistake on my middle name on uni certificate.
Instead of
Xxxxx xxxxxx Magret
They wrote
Xxxx xxxxxx Margaret
Note surname and first name are correct
And Magret is what have being using right from birth certificate till I finish university,even on passport,bank etc all.
Is it going to affect my app and visa?
Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 6:41am On May 19, 2022
Why not UWE?

Are there people going to UWE?
Let's connect
Gift7428:
Thanks for getting back
I have my admission at Wolverhampton and UWE Bristol. Might go for Wolverhampton.
Contacting Wolverhampton tomorrow so I can pay my fees.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 6:42am On May 19, 2022
Between UBA and Stanbic IBTC, which one processes form A faster?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 6:56am On May 19, 2022
For TB test is any school address applicable? Since I am still waiting on some other offers? I haven’t decided
I see the dates going further, was thinking of just booking mine now.
P.S will be going to the physical office to book
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 7:15am On May 19, 2022
Happyfellow147:
Between UBA and Stanbic IBTC, which one processes form A faster?

They all really slow now according to the info on this forum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bharkarh(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2022
DamiVine:

Computer-based: about 5 days.
Paper-based: about 13 days.

However, it could be delayed if “IELTS decide that is necessary to review any matter associated with your test or the administration of your test”. as contained in the T&C.
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emandman: 7:22am On May 19, 2022
Please what is the payment method to be chosen here

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hairybelly01: 7:33am On May 19, 2022
Your DM please
samsat:
Greetings to the house, just felt I should share my experience at the border entry.

Officer: hello
Me: hi
Officer: what is your purpose here?
Me: I came to meet my wife
Officer: so you are on dependent visa?
Me: yes
Officer: what is your wife doing here?
Me: she is a student of Anglia Ruskin University
Officer: what is she studying?
Me: MBA
Officer: what kind of MBA and what is her specialization
Me: well there are many courses for options and it include innovation, strategy, leadership, entrepreneurship and so on... (imagine I don't know this, how unsettling the question was)
Officer: what do you do in Nigeria?
Me: I work for a consulting firm (I mentioned the name of my company and I think he was impressed)
Officer: what will you be doing here?
Me: I will join another consulting firm here (at this point, I was just wondering where this is leading to, though I was pretty confident because I was kind of prepared)
Officer: how long is your wife's study?
Me: 18 months
Officer: so after 18 months what will you guys be doing?
Me: we will be going back to Nigeria (for my mind, I say this guy, go back abi , okay ooo)
Officer: where is the letter you were given from UKVI?
Me: (this got me a bit shaking because I cannot remember where the letter was, I know I packed it but cannot remember where it was. I searched my bag and my laptop bag, only for it to dawn on me that the letter was in the bag I checked in, I say mogbe, I begin to pray in my mind that this will not lead to anything because its already a lot of questions)
Now the officer waited and looked at me, he noticed I could not bring the letter out.
Me: so i told him the letter is in my bag that I checked in
Officer: do you have any money with you?
Me: (I have prepared for this, so I was very confident, so by the time I brought out a bundle of 20 pounds notes, that was the end of the whole question)
Officer: alright, welcome to UK.

He stamped my passport and gave it back to me. Then I started to breathe normally again.

The lesson here is to be prepared and make sure you have money with you. I think the cash in pounds saved me from further questions and issues. I have heard they can depot if you do not have any cash with you.

Good luck to you all...
Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by debbie(f): 7:35am On May 19, 2022
Gift7428:
I didn’t even know I had to book for TB before applying for my Visa
The next available date is in July and I want to apply for Visa in Mid June
What do I do ?
Go to their office in Lagos or Abuja and book.a closer date possibly. Try and explain to them as well your condition. Don't rely on online booking. My opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hallelluyah(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

I will try to do so,going forward you should be able to do it yourself.

1.Your course is for 2years total of £17,250

2. For the academic year 2021/2022,which is your first year, you are to pay £8625

3. Out of no 2, you are to pay £5500 as a tuition deposit.

No discount has been applied yet to your studies, if you are expecting one ,send an email and ask when it will be applied and see if a revised tuition will be sent across.

Cheers

Wow! Thank you so much. I now understand. But I have been sending them mails no reply, I have also been trying calling them, the phone is terminated each time. And I wish to have the communication for the discount so I can decide. Time is really running out.

What do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bharkarh(m): 7:55am On May 19, 2022
tosino0000:
13 days

please hav e you done the exam before? How difficult is it? I need a 6.5 band and I just want to apply for it .

Looking at picking 16th for the exam.

Does it look achievable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Flowfun: 7:56am On May 19, 2022
Hello
I had to withdraw my application recently and this was weeks after biometrics due to a mistake on my application.However I’m yet to get a mail saying application withdrawal has been done but I was told I could go ahead and submit a new application by UKVI which I did since a withdrawal request has been made however I don’t know how long it would take to get my passport back as I need to book a biometrics date. Any idea on what to do to get my passport on time ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 8:03am On May 19, 2022
isialo:
Pls house, my POF is 34,447pounds, will 20m be okay?
According to oanda rate today its almost 18m, 20m should suffice to cover any fluctuations in exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 8:05am On May 19, 2022
bharkarh:
please hav e you done the exam before? How difficult is it? I need a 6.5 band and I just want to apply for it .

Looking at picking 16th for the exam.

Does it look achievable?
From my experience, IELTS is not hard, there are YouTube channels that teach on how to study for it, my advice is that you do a lot of practice tests (you’ll find them online). 6.5 is just slightly above the mid mark, you should be able to hit it if you practice enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.