Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203031 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tobyharwe(m): 2:59am On Jun 01, 2022
For some one who has been denied visa before, getting cas seems tricky now. I mentioned to university of Bolton that I was denied student visa to Canada in 2017 for the following reasons

-No travel history
-Vo inability to determine whether I will return to my country after end of study.

Few days later they rejected my application and withdrew my offer. Now, I have other offers that I want follow up with but I am thinking not to mention the refusal to university before cas issuance but declare it at visa application stage.

What do you think please? Is this a good idea? Will it affect my application in anyway?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jtgpt(f): 3:44am On Jun 01, 2022
Sorry to hear that.

Please was it an interview, or it was asked in the eligibility form?

How long did it take you to get the eligibility form after confirming your offer? Mine is already a week and they haven’t sent it.

tobyharwe:
For some one who has been denied visa before, getting cas seems tricky now. I mentioned to university of Bolton that I was denied student visa to Canada in 2017 for the following reasons

-No travel history
-Vo inability to determine whether I will return to my country after end of study.

Few days later they rejected my application and withdrew my offer. Now, I have other offers that I want follow up with but I am thinking not to mention the refusal to university before cas issuance but declare it at visa application stage.

What do you think please? Is this a good idea? Will it affect my application in anyway?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 3:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Hello,

Thanks for responding,

@bourne007 has provided an example of student handbook from Uni of Loughborough, however the practicality of doing so as a postgraduate with only a year full time study is difficult almost impossible the reason I responded with a No for postgraduate.

With an undergraduate it may be possible however there is such a fine line between withdrawing and being accepted in a different school.You have to provide solid reasons as to why that is happening and tuition fees is not necessarily a good reason because again you provided maintenance funds howbeit for one year. there might be reasons such as technical capability/resources between both schools needed specifically for your studies.

Try as much as possible not to shoot yourself in the foot.

My opinion though

Cheers

Queengolden:
sorry, as an Undergraduate but the first year is International foundation more like a pathway course

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 4:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Hello,

There is always more that meets the eye. When they withdrew your offer did they state the reason as the highlighted?

We have dealt with this topic in detail over the thread and have advised that you should declare your refusal when asked.

Cheers
tobyharwe:

-No travel history

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by blackeni: 5:25am On Jun 01, 2022
Good morning, house. I hope you are all doing well this morning.
Please, has anyone tried the manual/walk-in registration at IOM for the tuberculosis test recently?
Am I required to transfer to the approved bank account before I go for the test?

I would be glad if I got a swift reply. shocked shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Queengolden(f): 5:25am On Jun 01, 2022
Bourne007:
This should give you an idea of what you need to do

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/students/handbook/ug-pgt/transfers/transfer-to-other-uni/

duchess90:
Hello,

Thanks for responding,

@bourne007 has provided an example of student handbook from Uni of Loughborough, however the practicality of doing so as a postgraduate with only a year full time study is difficult almost impossible the reason I responded with a No for postgraduate.

With an undergraduate it may be possible however there is such a fine line between withdrawing and being accepted in a different school.You have to provide solid reasons as to why that is happening and tuition fees is not necessarily a good reason because again you provided maintenance funds howbeit for one year. there might be reasons such as technical capability/resources between both schools needed specifically for your studies.

Try as much as possible not to shoot yourself in the foot.

My opinion though

Cheers

thanks so much guys, will have to seek another alternative
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by onerandomchick: 5:37am On Jun 01, 2022
Please guys this is very urgent, when using Flywire to pay (Form A), who do we put as beneficiary? The university name and details, or do we use Flywire
@justwise @duchess

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 5:48am On Jun 01, 2022
Zimzee:
She asked if she could land in Leeds Bradford airport instead of hearthrow?

How is that possible? Flight from Nigeria or any African to Leeds Bradford airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by onerandomchick: 5:53am On Jun 01, 2022
Also what details do I use here, I didn’t get much details from my Flywire

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 5:55am On Jun 01, 2022
onerandomchick:
Please guys this is very urgent, when using Flywire to pay (Form A), who do we put as beneficiary? The university name and details, or do we use Flywire
@justwise @duchess

Maybe I should ask you this.. who are you paying the money to?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by onerandomchick: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2022
We are paying through Flywire, but not certain if we are to use the school as beneficiary or Flywire, who would get the transfer from Nigeria first
justwise:

Maybe I should ask you this.. who are you paying the money to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bamigboye27: 6:09am On Jun 01, 2022
Notime0112:

Once the account is funded in naira it ask you to create a dollar card if you look down on the screen on main page, and once you click it you have the option of dollar card $2 and $4 for gift card. So take the $2 option and proceed to create, when creating the card it ask how much you want to take from your naira to dollar and it sum up everything plus the dollars card charge of $2 at the barter rate you’ll see everything on this page, edit the amount you intend to credit your dollar card and proceed. Once that is done it shows on your balance how much you have on your dollar card and then it’s good to use just like other cards. And at add more it ask at a point to personalize your card, that is by writing a name to identify the differences between your naira card and dollar card

So, will where do I pay the school and will I get telex with the platform?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by damola311: 6:47am On Jun 01, 2022
Good morning and Happy new month to everyone.

I have a question, at what stage do someone print his statement of account? Is it before paying for both IHS and Visa fee or after paying for the two fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by dalemo: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Gurus in the house please dis is urgent.....on there verge of paying Ihs and visa fee for family of 4, my question is can I use Barter flutterwave to pay for all the family because on the setting page the daily limit is 500,000 and all our Ihs and visa fee is more than 500,000 or is there anyway someone can increase the daily limit abi the daily limit isn't applicable to virtual card. Ejoor is urgent oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by dalemo: 7:28am On Jun 01, 2022
Good morning Gurus in the house please dis is urgent.....on there verge of paying Ihs and visa fee for family of 4, my question is can I use Barter flutterwave to pay for all the family because on the setting page the daily limit is 500,000 and all our Ihs and visa fee is more than 500,000 or is there anyway someone can increase the daily limit abi the daily limit isn't applicable to virtual card. Ejoor is urgent oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2022
Hello
You are expected to either upload all your document before biometrics as self service or during biometrics as assisted service.

IHS and visa fees are part of your application process and do not determine when you print your statement.

Before you forget to print and upload it, you can so so now.

Cheers

damola311:
Good morning and Happy new month to everyone.

I have a question, at what stage do someone print his statement of account? Is it before paying for both IHS and Visa fee or after paying for the two fees?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Abiola11993: 7:39am On Jun 01, 2022
OZAOEKPE:

Tomorrow as I'm going there to do the needful

What's the needful you're going there to do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2022
justwise:

How is that possible? Flight from Nigeria or any African to Leeds Bradford airport?
it is not possible..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by damola311: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2022
duchess90:
Hello
You are expected to either upload all your document before biometrics as self service or during biometrics as assisted service.

IHS and visa fees are part of your application process and do not determine when you print your statement.

Before you forget to print and upload it, you can so so now.

Cheers

Thanks for the response... With this, it actually means one can print the SoA after paying as long as you don't forget to upload at the right section and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kellyd2: 7:46am On Jun 01, 2022
Oracle55:
pm me I'm going also tomorrow we can go together

Mine is in July. I wish you all the best as you go today.
Please the directions you followed to get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kellyd2: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2022
blackeni:
Good morning, house. I hope you are all doing well this morning.
Please, has anyone tried the manual/walk-in registration at IOM for the tuberculosis test recently?
Am I required to transfer to the approved bank account before I go for the test?

I would be glad if I got a swift reply. shocked shocked
If you’re going for registration the only thing you need is just your passport. But for the test you have to make the payment and then go with the payment receipt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:58am On Jun 01, 2022
Exactly

Cheers

damola311:

Thanks for the response... With this, it actually means one can print the SoA after paying as long as you don't forget to upload at the right section and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by EmeeNaka: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2022
tobyharwe:

-No travel history

some universities don't mind if you have been refused a visa or not, but if any university ask for it, please tell them the truth. I have been refused offer for admission in some UK schools because of Canada visa refusal, but some made me an offer regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2022
onerandomchick:
@justwise @duchess

Fly wire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2022
onerandomchick:
@justwise @duchess

Fly wire’s.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2022
onerandomchick:
Also what details do I use here, I didn’t get much details from my Flywire

Fly wires account name is ; Flywire Payments Corporation

ADDRESS OF FLYWIRE: 141 Tremont Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02111 (USA)

BANK NAME: CITIBANK NA
Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB

IBAN: GB77CITI18500813264548

ACCOUNT NUMBER ; 13264548

SWIFT NUMBER/CODE : CITIGB2L (or CITIGB2LXXX)

ALL OF THIS ARE IN THE INVOICE THEY SENT YOU.

Leave the correspondence part BLANK

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2022
giselle237:
it is not possible..

Definitely not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jonique(f): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2022
Please I'm interested in your research because I've offers from both schools. Same course though

royaltown:
Hello ....pls which of these cities is ideal in terms of job opportunities and family. Offer from university of Stirling- business analytics, Robert Gordon university- operations and supply chain management . Which course has better prospect. Honest opinions pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by deeceo: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need your candid advice and guidance.

My Bsc certificate has 2011 date.

My NYSC covers 2012-2013
I had a job between 2014-2016, but I have been self-employed since 2017 till date.

1. I intend putting application towards next year September intake, but would love to ask if my self-employment can cover for study gap (2017 upward), because I'm just about to get the business registered; won't there be issues since I wanted to use the business to cover study gap from 2017, but I'm just registering it in 2022.

2. My middle name is missing on my Bsc certificate as a result of an error on the part of my school, it only carries my Surname and first name.

Although I used the certificate to secure admissions in the UK schools, because I thought I would be able to make it for this year's September intake.

But now, I'm working towards next year, to this end, after securing admission towards next year, would love to ask if there won't be issue at the Visa stage or is there anything I should do to avert any issue.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2022
Web2020:
Good evening everyone. Please I need your usual urgent assistance. I am unable to pay for my IHS with my debit cards. I have tried three banks, Zenith bank, UBA and First Bank. All Naira accounts. Please, how do I go about this. I am running out of time. Thank you

You need to use a Dollar card for this payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tobyharwe(m): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Offer was withdrawn because of previous visa refusal. See attached photo

duchess90:
Hello,

There is always more that meets the eye. When they withdrew your offer did they state the reason as the highlighted?

We have dealt with this topic in detail over the thread and have advised that you should declare your refusal when asked.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.