Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1208521 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 1:49am On Jun 16, 2022
oshobabahealth:

If your visa is for more than a year, you’ll have to pay:

the yearly cost plus half the yearly cost, if it’s for 18 months or less
the cost of 2 full years, if it’s for more than 18 months but less than 2 years

Paying for dependants
Dependants aged 18 or over usually need to pay the same amount as you.

Please check the screen shot below to see if you fill correctly except your date of birth.

You may practice it on https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Dependant

Meanwhile how many dependants, your wife is number 1, if you have 1 kid. That is 2 dependants

Did u read Details2dot complain....?? He has just one dependant....

They charged His own IHS is 1490£ for two years....His wife is now 2,982.44£ for the same 2 years

Hes supposed to be charged 624£×2 year + 235£ for the extra four months on all student visa..which is 1483£....

The dependant (wife) is an adult...they should pay same thing...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jvas: 2:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Good day duchess and all gurus in the house. Thanks for your selfless services. Please which bank can you recommend to process form A. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oshobabahealth: 2:18am On Jun 16, 2022
WatchYourSix:

They charged His own IHS is 1490£ for two years....His wife is now 2,982.44£ for the same 2 years

Hes supposed to be charged 624£×2 year + 235£ for the extra four months on all student visa..which is 1483£....

Thanks bro... Take note that I ask the number of dependant at the closing of my statement and the screenshot to guide him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 2:24am On Jun 16, 2022
oshobabahealth:

Thanks bro... Take note that I ask the number of dependant at the closing of my statement and the screenshot to guide him

Bros...
Mayb its charging you as if you have not paid..

because the 1491£ that you were charged x 2 person is 2982£... which is what they charged your wife alone....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by May97: 3:45am On Jun 16, 2022
Hi nairaland fam, I need an advice. I recently finished a top up degree here in the Uk (September 2021-may 2022) and my current visa is expiring this July. My next plan is to apply for masters starting this September, is there a way I can renew my visa in the UK without going back to Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oracle55: 3:51am On Jun 16, 2022
Jbalveen:
I heard university of Bolton requests for 50% tuition on enrolment. Please does anyone or students at unibolton have info on the installment payment plan of the other 50% after enrolment?
inbox
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 4:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

Your dates seems to be wrong so I assume it is Sept 2021 to May 2022.
Your visa is expiring next month?

You plan for Masters in September (2months after). This is a process you should have started while you were concluding your top up degree.

At the moment,time is against you, you will have to go back to Nigeria to apply for your masters and return.
Unless, you have gotten your new CAS and can put in your visa application before July

Whatever happens, please do not overstay

Cheers

May97:
Hi nairaland fam, I need an advice. I recently finished a top up degree here in the Uk (September 2022-may 2022) and my current visa is expiring this July. My next plan is to apply for masters starting this September, is there a way I can renew my visa in the UK without going back to Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 4:14am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello

Not needed as they are all applying together.The consent letter is needed if the MA was using her husband's account.

She should also fill his details as being dependent on him in the relevant section during the visa application

Cheers

Kunleop:
Good day guys
Asking on behalf of a friend who is not a member.
The wife is MA and while he's a Dependant, the POF is in the wife account. Does the wife need to give a consent that the fund is av the husband or they can just submit POF since they are going together.
Pls can someone share the copy of the consent letter.
He's done filling of visa application waiting for the response before he submit.
@ gloriyah @duchess90 and other gurus in the house pls assist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gooci(m): 4:17am On Jun 16, 2022
Vullia:

Good evening ,
Pls how many weeks does it take to get admission for Masters in the uk,I have applied to 4 schools for over 4weeks now and yet to get an offer.

For september or january intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 4:17am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

You have over 13years gap.

To avoid further delays from NSF, please and please submit your CV and employment letter.

You don't need the reference letter at the moment.

Cheers
Vintagee:
Hello @duchess and other gurus pls help me here.
For this study gap issue, I have been in employment for over 13 years but stopped working 2 months ago. I have my employment letter and have also gotten reference from my place of work where I resigned 2 months ago. In the reference it was also stated when I left the company. I hope my being out of work for these 3 months would not be an issue .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 4:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

Just looked at the calculator again.

If you select coming to the UK with dependant it will assume you are both paying IHS fee together, my guess is that's were you got the double figure,which shouldn't be because you have paid.That option would have been if you both are applying at the same time so you only pay once.

My thoughts are to select Applying to join someone,you would still need the details of your visa route down the line but it should give you the correct figure.

Have a look and see if that works

Added a screenshot on the relevant section I am referring to and what I got when I used that section as a trial

Cheers

Details2dot:

Hello duchess90 and all,

I also need some help as regards my IHS fee. I would be glad if you guys can help shade some light on this.
I am going for a 2 year programme with start date 05/09/2022 to 23/06/2024. I am the main applicant and I have successfully paid my IHS fee of $ 1,491.22. However, I am having an issue with the IHS fee for my dependant (wifey) as her IHS page is asking that i pay $ 2,982.44. This is a far cry from what i calculated using the IHS calculator (gbp 1,175 or $ 1,491). Could it be that I did something wrong. To be double sure, I have cancelled her application 2ce and started afresh but alas her IHS page still keeps asking that I pay $ 2,982.44 .
Has anyone being in this situation before? Glad at your insight.

please help!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vullia: 5:00am On Jun 16, 2022
Gooci:

For september or january intake?
For September intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:40am On Jun 16, 2022
Please, for those that have applied for Form A and paid, how long after you were debited did the school get the payment? Same day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Towotowo: 5:43am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

Please i need help about booking appointment at ikeja. Do they still allow walk in and priority visa? will be glad to get a response as this is very urgent. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by robinsondegrest: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2022
[quote author=Money2000 post=113842469]Hello house… Is there WhatsApp group for people going to University of Plymouth Sept 2022 intake? [/quote

They have telegram group, send me your telegram let me add you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuede1: 6:19am On Jun 16, 2022
4000 as deposit, then 4000 before resumption.

quote author=Firstimer post=113840858]

Please how much does Coventry request for Initial deposit
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tsyde(m): 6:20am On Jun 16, 2022
I did biometric since 22nd of April. I sent a paid email to UKVi exactly 10 working days ago. and got a response that a decision had been made on my application.

I am yet to receive collection email from VAC/TLScontact till now neither has it moved from application received by DMC to application received by VAC.

Moving forward, I would appreciate any suggestion or advise with reaching TLScontact as regards my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Goodbetterbest: 6:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Jsaviour:

I noticed that from Abuja to Heathrow is cheaper with more flights than from Abuja to Birmingham.

I wanted to use Birmingham airport because it's closer to Coventry (my school)

Do you have idea how the train trip from Heathrow to Coventry works and cost.

Hi there, I applied to Coventry too for September. Waiting on them. Did you write IELTS? And how long did it take to process admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by iretiogo1: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2022
Tsyde:
I did biometric since 22nd of April. I sent a paid email to UKVi exactly 10 working days ago. and got a response that a decision had been made on my application.

I am yet to receive collection email from VAC/TLScontact till now neither has it moved from application received by DMC to application received by VAC.

Moving forward, I would appreciate any suggestion or advise with reaching TLScontact as regards my application
I sent a paid mail and got a respond June 1 that decision had been made too no collection mail until till now biometric was in 14 April
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by protocol(m): 6:46am On Jun 16, 2022
Hi @duchess90 and every other pro here, as a defendant, what documents are required for visa application. What about children too. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by payne4real(m): 6:50am On Jun 16, 2022
What documents do I need to show for the English language?
oshobabahealth:

You don't need to submit that reference letter.
Only drop the employment letter.
But as for me I will suggest you drop your CV only so that if the embassy need your employment letter you can then drop it during the interview.
And while interview please don't state that you are out of job cos it will raise a eyebrow as u want to run out of naija.
Uk embassy don't need those documents but they may request for it.
Many of my guy wey don japa did not drop their CV or reference or employment letter. But keep it handy Incase they requested for it.
What matters are : CAS 50 point, English language certificate 10 and finance 10 point .... This is the main checklist but any other documents you drop will be used against you for credibility test.... Thant is my own opinion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by raddyworld: 7:02am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello house,

Can someone still meet up with September 22 admission process if I begin application on schools today?
Secondly, based on experience gurus when last can someone submit visa application so as to meet up with September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by raddyworld: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2022
bigtt76:
The entire citizens of Nigeria are heading to UK so expect delays cheesy

Lolss

May God help us not our fault. .. now seems they as re having meetings on Nigerians. Bcus last year the fee was like 1k-2k but now maybe they realized most Nigerians are not coming to school after getting there.
But however, let us conduct ourselves so as not to abuse the opportunity. U S is not smiling at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angeltolly(f): 7:37am On Jun 16, 2022
Jbalveen:
I heard university of Bolton requests for 50% tuition on enrolment. Please does anyone or students at unibolton have info on the installment payment plan of the other 50% after enrolment?

Co-ask.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vintagee: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

You have over 13years gap.

To avoid further delays from NSF, please and please submit your CV and employment letter.

You don't need the reference letter at the moment.

Cheers

Thank you @duchess90. So in the CV I should still indicate that my work stopped in April. I basically worked with the same company all these years. I am just concerned if my being out of work from May would be an issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angeltolly(f): 7:40am On Jun 16, 2022
Jbalveen:

Please are you done filling the "Eligibility to Study in the UK Form" sent by University of Bolton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sunky2sweet(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2022
Vintagee:

Thank you @duchess90. So in the CV I should still indicate that my work stopped in April. I basically worked with the same company all these years. I am just concerned if my being out of work from May would be an issue.
Your questions have been answered why are you this worried? Is it not possible to stop work just to focus on gaining admission for masters. This people are humans not robots. I had 7 and 9yrs study gap on both occasions I applied and I never received any form of email from them requesting for anything, and I got my visa during my applications. Cheers mate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Backpedal: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2022
Rommy1:
I used offer of admission (because it had info about my tuition deposit amount) for my Form A because the school didn't give me an invoice and my Form A was approved and processed.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

Don't be worried,it won't be an issue

Cheers

Vintagee:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by payne4real(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2022
Please what is the dependants is under 18yrs. What will be the cost?
WatchYourSix:

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.