Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1208354 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
ocpaschal:
Not yet. He wants to write PLAB 1 Exam next year. But he needs to do internship work in UK for at least over one year because he didn't do any internship or housemanship job in Nigeria or elsewhere after graduating from a medical school abroad. The question is "where can he get internship jobs in UK"?
What type of UK visa does he need to get in order to do Fy1 and Fy2?

His best bet is to come to Nigeria first and pass the MDCN exams and get Nigeria license then do compulsory one year here and leave to the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

Yes if you pay for that option
Dependants can also walk in if the option is available and there is no crowd.

Cheers

@duchess90 please what's the name of the option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Chudycharles: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
[/quote]
[quote author=Udeej post=113828438]
VI TLS

Is it student dependant?... It is quite fast 21days...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
omoobaijebuife:

45 minutes drive from London. It is in Kent.

Thank you, how's the cost of living and environment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hello,

Flexi appointment

It should be on the value added services

Cheers

Valourex:

@duchess90 please what's the name of the option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kilom41: 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

Yes if you pay for that option
Dependants can also walk in if the option is available and there is no crowd.

Cheers

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vintagee: 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hello @duchess and other gurus pls help me here.
For this study gap issue, I have been in employment for over 13 years but stopped working 2 months ago. I have my employment letter and have also gotten reference from my place of work where I resigned 2 months ago. In the reference it was also stated when I left the company. I hope my being out of work for these 3 months would not be an issue .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angeltolly(f): 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
gtid1994:
Good afternoon house. I was rejected US student visa 2021 but while filling my eligibility to study form from university of Bolton I selected No to a question that asked if I have ever been refused visa thinking they were referring to UK visa. I will like to if these won’t affect my visa application.

Did you hand-fill the "Eligibility to Study in the UK Form" or you typed it in. Just curious
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sunky2sweet(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
Vintagee:
For this study gap issue, I have been in employment for over 13 years but stopped working 2 months ago. I have my employment letter and have also gotten reference from my place of work where I resigned 2 months ago. In the reference it was also stated when I left the company. I hope my being out of work for these 3 months would not be an issue .
it doesn’t go ahead with your thing. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Firstimer(f): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
tadaax:

conventry and manmet takes about 2months to issue offer
Please which school issues offer faster. Am applying for Financial Technology. Not all schools offer the course

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Firstimer(f): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Nu
Jsaviour:

I noticed that from Abuja to Heathrow is cheaper with more flights than from Abuja to Birmingham.

I wanted to use Birmingham airport because it's closer to Coventry (my school)

Do you have idea how the train trip from Heathrow to Coventry works and cost.

Please how much does Coventry request for Initial deposit

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Firstimer(f): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jsaviour:

I noticed that from Abuja to Heathrow is cheaper with more flights than from Abuja to Birmingham.

I wanted to use Birmingham airport because it's closer to Coventry (my school)

Do you have idea how the train trip from Heathrow to Coventry works and cost.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jsaviour(f): 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Firstimer:

£8000 before travel. £4000 deposit and £4000 after CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Valourex: 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

Flexi appointment

It should be on the value added services

Cheers

Thanks @duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Vullia: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
toyolax:

Instead of asking the school's representatives just apply to the school. Admission for Masters in the UK is not as difficult as most people say. There's no application fees, so apply to like 10 schools( I did the same).
I can confirm these schools accept HND Lower Credit.

Derby
Leed Beckett
Sheffield Hallam
Glascow Caledonian
Edinburgh Napier
Plymouth

I must also add that every application is unique and treated in different ways.

Good evening ,
Pls how many weeks does it take to get admission for Masters in the uk,I have applied to 4 schools for over 4weeks now and yet to get an offer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
The entire citizens of Nigeria are heading to UK so expect delays cheesy

Vullia:

Good evening ,
Pls how many weeks does it take to get admission for Masters in the uk,I have applied to 4 schools for over 4weeks now and yet to get an offer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tunmyp: 11:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please, who got debited on Form A recently from FCMB Bank?
I have been waiting since o on disbursement reviewer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Details2dot: 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

No,you will have to pay the IHS fee again

The previous one willbe refunded in due course.
. cheers

Hello duchess90 and all,

I also need some help as regards my IHS fee. I would be glad if you guys can help shade some light on this.
I am going for a 2 year programme with start date 05/09/2022 to 23/06/2024. I am the main applicant and I have successfully paid my IHS fee of $ 1,491.22. However, I am having an issue with the IHS fee for my dependant (wifey) as her IHS page is asking that i pay $ 2,982.44. This is a far cry from what i calculated using the IHS calculator (gbp 1,175 or $ 1,491). Could it be that I did something wrong. To be double sure, I have cancelled her application 2ce and started afresh but alas her IHS page still keeps asking that I pay $ 2,982.44 .
Has anyone being in this situation before? Glad at your insight.

please help!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Details2dot: 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Details2dot:

Hello duchess90 and all,

I also need some help as regards my IHS fee. I would be glad if you guys can help shade some light on this.
I am going for a 2 year programme with start date 05/09/2022 to 23/06/2024. I am the main applicant and I have successfully paid my IHS fee of $ 1,491.22. However, I am having an issue with the IHS fee for my dependant (wifey) as her IHS page is asking that i pay $ 2,982.44. This is a far cry from what i calculated using the IHS calculator (gbp 1,175 or $ 1,491). Could it be that I did something wrong. To be double sure, I have cancelled her application 2ce and started afresh but alas her IHS page still keeps asking that I pay $ 2,982.44 .
Has anyone being in this situation before? Glad at your insight.

please help!!

Just to add.... While filling my dependant forms, I had linked our applications together using my GWF number.....Could that be a possible reason for the inflated figure? it seem to be asking twice the IHS fee for her application. I am expected to fill the dependant form in isolation of the main applicant?

Pls assist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oshobabahealth: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Vintagee:

You don't need to submit that reference letter.
Only drop the employment letter.
But as for me I will suggest you drop your CV only so that if the embassy need your employment letter you can then drop it during the interview.
And while interview please don't state that you are out of job cos it will raise a eyebrow as u want to run out of naija.
Uk embassy don't need those documents but they may request for it.
Many of my guy wey don japa did not drop their CV or reference or employment letter. But keep it handy Incase they requested for it.
What matters are : CAS 50 point, English language certificate 10 and finance 10 point .... This is the main checklist but any other documents you drop will be used against you for credibility test.... Thant is my own opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oshobabahealth: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Details2dot:

Just to add.... While filling my dependant forms, I had linked our applications together using my GWF number.....Could that be a possible reason for the inflated figure? it seem to be asking twice the IHS fee for her application. I am expected to fill the dependant form in isolation of the main applicant?

Pls assist.

If your visa is for more than a year, you’ll have to pay:

the yearly cost plus half the yearly cost, if it’s for 18 months or less
the cost of 2 full years, if it’s for more than 18 months but less than 2 years

Paying for dependants
Dependants aged 18 or over usually need to pay the same amount as you.

Please check the screen shot below to see if you fill correctly except your date of birth.

You may practice it on https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Dependant

Meanwhile how many dependants, your wife is number 1, if you have 1 kid. That is 2 dependants

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 12:12am On Jun 16, 2022
I am going there paid my deposit already
Have you received your unconditional offer. You should receive emails on the next step. They are very proactive.

Lallana23:
I just Recieved acceptance to study Medical radiation physics in Swansea university...pls is there anyone here that applied to the same school here and what the next thing to do ?
They also gave me £3000 thriving bursary
Can someone explain for me better ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jbalveen: 1:03am On Jun 16, 2022
I heard university of Bolton requests for 50% tuition on enrolment. Please does anyone or students at unibolton have info on the installment payment plan of the other 50% after enrolment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kunleop: 1:06am On Jun 16, 2022
Good day guys
Asking on behalf of a friend who is not a member.
The wife is MA and while he's a Dependant, the POF is in the wife account. Does the wife need to give a consent that the fund is available for the husband or they can just submit POF since they are going together.
Pls can someone share the copy of the consent letter.
He's done filling of visa application waiting for the response before he submit.
@ gloriyah @duchess90 and other gurus in the house pls assist.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Adejokefad: 1:42am On Jun 16, 2022
Goodmorning fam, I tried scheduling an appointment for TB test but the response shows that there are no dates available in July. I tried to pick a date in August but the dates appears blank and I couldn't pick any. Do I need to wait till August before I can successfully pick a date? E dakun help me o

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.