Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1211516 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
pukka5050:
Good morning all. Please, I don't know if this is the right channel to do this, I want to make few enquiries about UK student visa.

I'm about to start the whole process but my International passport expires next month, July. My passport has issue of date of birth, I never mind all these years. Since I want to start student UK visa process now, I want to know if the issue of wrong date of birth on the passport won't have any negative effect. I have correct date of birth on my WAEC result which I intend to use for the school admission. It is only year of birth that has issue on the passport, the day and month are correct.

Gurus in the house that have gone through this process or have similar experience, I need your advise.

Kindly help a brother.

Your passport expires next month, and you are yet to apply for admission.
It simply means that the passport must have expired before you get CAS and you would not be able to use it for VISA application.

Why not renew the passport and use the opportunity to correct the mistake on date of birth ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
pukka5050:
Good morning all. Please, I don't know if this is the right channel to do this, I want to make few enquiries about UK student visa.

I'm about to start the whole process but my International passport expires next month, July. My passport has issue of date of birth, I never mind all these years. Since I want to start student UK visa process now, I want to know if the issue of wrong date of birth on the passport won't have any negative effect. I have correct date of birth on my WAEC result which I intend to use for the school admission. It is only year of birth that has issue on the passport, the day and month are correct.

Gurus in the house that have gone through this process or have similar experience, I need your advise.

Kindly help a brother.

U matter ...no be only one season e get ooo ..

Do you know the stress involved in correcting date of birth on passport?? If the difference is not much like 1991 to 1992 u might not have much issues...

If your NIN has the right age..proceed to immigrations..they will tell you what you need to do...
If your DOB on NIN is also wrong...first go to NIMC and sort that out because NIN is now the reference poimt for all documents now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tizzdi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
giselle237:
pounds pls. Dollar is not used in the UK.
can we get dollar and maybe change it at the airport in the uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tonero230(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Masters77:

It wasn't. They only gave link to pay online. Searching the website for the detail also yielded no results.

But I saw their account number, sort code and bank name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Goodbetterbest: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I'll like if anyone can quote how long their admission letter took whether conditional or unconditional.

How can admission take 2 months and counting while others take way less. I know that's why we are advice to apply to more than one but your choice school process can be problematic.

I don't know how September resumption is still feasible but we keep hoping.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
eluquenson:
Pure lies, banks don't get blacklisted but rather the applicant that uses a fake SOA get banned.
That was how some unscrupulous and mischievous Nigerians posted in a telegram group that Globus bank has issue with UKVI due to POF, but i used Globus bank for my dependents and they got their visa last month

This happened few years ago in India, no NIgerian bank has been blacklisted yet but the embassy has the right to do that

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/UK-blacklists-2000-Indian-banks-from-student-visa-process/article20352927.ece

As of November 24 this year, around 1,940 banks — mostly cooperative ones — have been named as “financial institutions that do not satisfactorily verify financial statements,” according to the UK Border Agency.

It means that students who need to show evidence that they have

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rommy1: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Yes you can.
You can also change it to pounds at any post office in the uk

tizzdi:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jum33: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
For those that their MA is already in uk and dependant still in nigeria . In course of preparing the consent letter for the children, how will you get both parents to sign to sign the letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dalek(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello all.

I have an HND but i applied for a MSc Information Technology from RGU, but was advised to go through their premasters programme at ICRGU for 10 weeks, afterwards if i pass that, they'll automatically enroll me for the master programme.

I applied for the premasters yesterday and got a conditional offer today.

I don't know whether to accept yet because the fees for the premasters alone is 7500.

But what do you guy think about this pathway.

n.b Visa will cover from the start of premasters to the end of the masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pukka5050: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thanks for your response.The difference is up to 5 years. I'm yet to register for NIN. If I use the correct date of birth on NIN, won't there be any need to change it on the passport again? Someone said I will need to go to Abuja in order to rectify the error on my passport, that will be stressful for me and also cost implication. Kindly advise.

Do you know the stress involved in correcting date of birth on passport?? If the difference is not much like 1991 to 1992 u might not have much issues...

If your NIN has the right age..proceed to immigrations..they will tell you what you need to do...
If your DOB on NIN is also wrong...first go to NIMC and sort that out because NIN is now the reference poimt for all documents now[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pukka5050: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
I'm trying to consider the stress of going to Abuja. Someone told me it can be rectified in Abuja and it's costly.
ignis:

Your passport expires next month, and you are yet to apply for admission.
It simply means that the passport must have expired before you get CAS and you would not be able to use it for VISA application.

Why not renew the passport and use the opportunity to correct the mistake on date of birth ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pukka5050: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thanks for your response.The difference is up to 5 years. I'm yet to register for NIN. If I use the correct date of birth on NIN, won't there be any need to change it on the passport again? Someone said I will need to go to Abuja in order to rectify the error on my passport, that will be stressful for me and also cost implication. Kindly advise.
WatchYourSix:

If your DOB on NIN is also wrong...first go to NIMC and sort that out because NIN is now the reference poimt for all documents now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2022
pukka5050:

Oga five years difference in DOB is much oooo...and yes na abuja them dey change DOB...the stress is too much..... one of my persons chamnged recently..he was reducing to from 93 to 98...he paid 250k before they allowed it..bribery too much for this country
The matter is not a small issue...u need to see them at immigrations...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by anyachostan1986: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
AlphaUno:

Aren’t you supposed to be talking to your bank?

It’s better you get in touch with your bank to know what’s up. You know all these CBN rules
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by JBoluwatife: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello....please can someone help me....I need to track my UK student visa application... I had my biometrics on the 23rd of may at TLS ikeja...is there a link someone can help me with so I can do the tracking...thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by anyachostan1986: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
For every issue that has to do with wrong year/age in passport, you must go to Abuja to sort it out. I am talking authoritatively on this one. Better make up your mind for the stress. Sorry for the inconvenience.

pukka5050:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masters77: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
tonero230:

But I saw their account number, sort code and bank name

On the offer letter? No was stated on mine. They later sent accommodation payment tips and that was where I first saw it about a week ago before I was sent the mail specifying the details again. The delay in response from the school was the reason for the excess money spent. That’s behind me now since I have made payment already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Notime0112: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
For those who have been debited zenith bank, how long did it take to get telex after debit. I just got debited zenith bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gene6bw1: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
How many days does it take to be debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gene6bw1: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Notime0112:
For those who have been debited zenith bank, how long did it take to get telex after debit. I just got debited zenith bank.
Pls how many days does it zenith to be debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Notime0112: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gene6bw1:
How many days does it take to be debited

31 days in total
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sainty92: 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ace0074:

Anyone??
They have not debited you yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by JBoluwatife: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Wised123:

Congratulations, I’m waiting for my own oo. I didn’t send any paid mail all I kept doing is tracking my application status. I did bio 23may no response from the ukvi till this morning I checked my status noticed it has transferred to VAC also TLSCONTACT sent me collection mail. I pray let them stamp my passport oo

Hello brother, I also did my biometrics on the 23rd of may but I am yet to get any collection mail...Was it TLS Ikeja you used?

how do I get to do the tracking?....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
tizzdi:

Dollar to Pounds Sterling xchange rate isn’t fair at all : (sources) - from those who tried it.

I ll advise you get your pounds in 9ja b4 leaving and please avoid paper (polymer, like our 20 & 50 Nairas is the future)

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by anyachostan1986: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
All these people that have been getting collection mail please share the good news with us na so that we can tap from your anointing or you people are afraid to go and pick your visas?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temi646(f): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
I am facing a strange problem in the dependent application form when I go to pay the IHS fees, It asks for the main applicant visa expiry date. but as the main applicant also applying together-with, it's not possible to provide visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
JBoluwatife:
Hello....please can someone help me....I need to track my UK student visa application... I had my biometrics on the 23rd of may at TLS ikeja...is there a link someone can help me with so I can do the tracking...thanks

Go to the confirmation mail sent by UKVI after you created your profile for visa application, input your password and navigate further to be directed to TLS site and then click TFACK

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Temi646:

I am facing a strange problem in the dependent application form when I go to pay the IHS fees, It asks for the main applicant visa expiry date. but as the main applicant also applying together-with, it's not possible to provide visa

Use the admission end date on your CAS as the visa expiry date.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tadaax: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ajiboyehify:
Please how many days do CBN send Telex after picking the money?
it took 3 working days for the funds to get to the school after debit, I called the school to confirm payment then they sent their own receipt. I still haven’t received telex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
tizzdi:
a very unfruitful course to chart. You will lose as you end up buying currency twice and the rates are not friendly. Buy pounds in Nigeria at once.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
pukka5050:
if you want to correct DOB on Nigerian passport then get ready for stress like never before .
If you like use correct DOB on NIN, the issue is that you already have a previous passport with a DOB you claim you dnt want again. .. When you apply for renewal and bring a NIN with a date different from that of the old passport, then be ready for the wahala pro prooo mex
You will not only go to Abuja but will also end up having to spend up to 200k even though official price is 56k with no guaranteed date it will come out in mind. Remove your mind from September admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sainty92:
They have not debited you yet?

No 31days now

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.