Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1213469 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2022
Hello

SOP writing can be daunting

Can you try and have a go at it

Consider your journey through BSc, key modules,skills and learning experience you have gained, link that up to after study experience you have gained so far and perhaps the reason you are chasing business related course now
Write about how the course fits into your career and what you aim to achieve after your studies. Throw in abit of passion here and there

Share the draft here and people can help comment on it

Ps there are draft samples on Google you can use and make changes to

Practice they say makes perfect

My opinion

Cheers

Qwerty7654:
Hello

Please who can help with a good sop for someone who studied Bsc biochemistry here in Nigeria and intends to go for a masters in a business related course in UK.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sainted(f): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2022
Please has anyone gone for biometrics at Abuja TFS?

Is the procedure just like Ikeja TFS? Can you do walk in there too? Does it cost the same amount? Same 42k?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I want to say a big thank you to Duchess90, Gloriyah, Mimilyrics and everyone that contributes incisively on this thread.

Some contributors are not pleasant when they answer people's questions grin. These good women are not perfect but I think they do very well because they show empathy and kindness most of the time.

For now, I have a special admiration for Duchess90 and I look forward to having her personal contact grin (some of us still appreciate good people)

I know some people sometimes ask questions that are annoying grin but please, try to accommodate them or maybe ignore rather than giving harsh responses or responses that are too blunt.

Some people that are not really incisive also form guru and they mislead people most of the time. Why act like you are a President when you are just a Local Government chairman?

I am relatively new on this thread. So, I don't know if we track birthdays of these good people and celebrate them properly. I think it is our responsibility to show them we love and appreciate them.

I will also begin to answer questions I have answers to (at least, my own little way of also giving back). Like I said, I am new here but I have learnt and mastered a lot in a very short period. I also research to learn more.

I have a RARE testimony to share, I will share when the testimony matures.

Once again, thank you to these beautiful and good people. May God continue to increase you in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I pray that you attain fulfillment in all aspects of your lives.

On behalf of everyone that has learned one or two from your contributions, we love and appreciate you.

I will not forget to mention Justwise the moderator. Thank you bro.

Your points are valid, and about celebrating @Duchess90 @mimilyrics @justwise @aderinola etc I think I buy the idea.

You never can tell how God factor happens. This is a small world and we should be good to people.

Thank you and I sincerely appreciate such rare gems

NB: To add most of these people are ladies with wonderful soul, some still single. Imagine marrying such people who finds joy in helping people, and any kind of people.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2022
Josh121:

For what I know my wife is a student of Oxford Brookes , been here since last year just got cas for mental health nursing and we applied by ourself without any agent and I know other people who applied without agents, no school will reject your application cause you didn’t use agent , always try to apply early

Thank you @Josh121
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcpapillo(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2022
Pls house, if the app generated pof bank statement doesn't have signature and stamp, does it have any effect?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Josh121(m): 10:55am On Jul 02, 2022
mcpapillo:
Pls house, if the app generated pof bank statement doesn't have signature and stamp, does it have any effect?

Yes it will not be honoured

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcafeez: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Please my middle name was shorten as "A" on my acc. Does it matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by KillBill2: 11:01am On Jul 02, 2022
sainted:
Please has anyone gone for biometrics at Abuja TFS?

Is the procedure just like Ikeja TFS? Can you do walk in there too? Does it cost the same amount? Same 42k?

My daughter applied yesterday and was able to get Friday 8th July for her biometrics in Abuja. I recall Thursday and Friday were still available. Were you unable to get a date for next week? Just wondering why you are considering walk-in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Josh121(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2022
mcafeez:
Please my middle name was shorten as "A" on my acc. Does it matter?

No it doesn’t , your first name and last name are the two important names needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by KillBill2: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

SOP writing can be daunting

Can you try and have a go at it

Consider your journey through BSc, key modules,skills and learning experience you have gained, link that up to after study experience you have gained so far and perhaps the reason you are chasing business related course now
Write about how the course fits into your career and what you aim to achieve after your studies. Throw in abit of passion here and there

Share the draft here and people can help comment on it

Ps there are draft samples on Google you can use and make changes to

Practice they say makes perfect

My opinion

Cheers

@ Duchess90, very kind of you to take time and answer questions here. I’ll just add that the OP should remember that the SOP needs to be original. Personally, I wouldn’t advise posting the SOP on a public forum as someone else could copy it verbatim. If this happens, the OP’s work will be flagged as plagiarism and the university might decline their application.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AbassB(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2022
Pls I have a question as regards planned travel information on the visa application form online. What is the correct answer to a question ( how long do you intend to stay in the UK)? In my CAS, my course start 19th September 2022 and End 19th September 2023. Pls what's d correct duration I need to put I don't want to make mistakes on this

@dutchess90 @justwise and @ Everyone. Pls I need response.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AbassB(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2022
AbassB:
Pls I have a question as regards planned travel information on the visa application form online. What is the correct answer to a question ( how long do you intend to stay in the UK)? In my CAS, my course start 19th September 2022 and End 19th September 2023. Pls what's d correct duration I need to put I don't want to make mistakes on this

@duchess90 @justwise and @ Everyone. Pls I need response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Walatip222: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2022
Good day House.
Please what address will I fill for accommodation on my Visa application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I want to say a big thank you to Duchess90, Gloriyah, Mimilyrics and everyone that contributes incisively on this thread.

Some contributors are not pleasant when they answer people's questions grin. These good women are not perfect but I think they do very well because they show empathy and kindness most of the time.

For now, I have a special admiration for Duchess90 and I look forward to having her personal contact grin (some of us still appreciate good people)

I know some people sometimes ask questions that are annoying grin but please, try to accommodate them or maybe ignore rather than giving harsh responses or responses that are too blunt.

Some people that are not really incisive also form guru and they mislead people most of the time. Why act like you are a President when you are just a Local Government chairman?

I am relatively new on this thread. So, I don't know if we track birthdays of these good people and celebrate them properly. I think it is our responsibility to show them we love and appreciate them.

I will also begin to answer questions I have answers to (at least, my own little way of also giving back). Like I said, I am new here but I have learnt and mastered a lot in a very short period. I also research to learn more.

I have a RARE testimony to share, I will share when the testimony matures.

Once again, thank you to these beautiful and good people. May God continue to increase you in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I pray that you attain fulfillment in all aspects of your lives.

On behalf of everyone that has learned one or two from your contributions, we love and appreciate you.

I will not forget to mention Justwise the moderator. Thank you bro.

Awww…Thanchu

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Walatip222:
Good day House.
Please what address will I fill for accommodation on my Visa application

If you don’t have an address or any relatives address, just put the schools address.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
AbassB:

@dutchess90 @justwise and @ Everyone. Pls I need response.

Date you plan to arrive in the uK can be first week in September. Second question , 1 year going by your course start and end date. They will add additional months to your visa tho but input 1year.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Walatip222: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
What about dependant address?
Gloriyah:

If you don’t have an address or any relatives address, just put the schools address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by victorVIC1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hi guys, please just to have an idea. What are the available options after the 2 years post study if a family travels through study route?

Planning to embark on this journey. However, I need idea about what happens when the 2 years post studies period elapses.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by iretiogo1: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
ankaravillageng:

3 weeks from when I get the approval mail or 3 weeks from I applied cause it's been almost 2 month's since I applied.
someone said it took her 3 weeks to be debited I don’t know if is after or before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Walatip222:
What about dependant address?

Same as yours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
victorVIC1:
Hi guys, please just to have an idea. What are the available options after the 2 years post study if a family travels through study route?

Planning to embark on this journey. However, I need idea about what happens when the 2 years post studies period elapses.

You come back to base if you can’t secure a job that can sponsor you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by victorVIC1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Gloriyah:

You come back to base if you can’t secure a job that can sponsor you.

My o my.. That's a tough one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by obobolaraba: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
It is better for your POF to be in one account.

Hi @duchess90 and all.

Please help, if one wants to upload POF in dom account and naira account, how is one going to do it. upload them separately or as one single document? and how will the ECO calculate the required POF?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello

Yes it is usually better but situations differ and people can submit more than 1

Cheers

obobolaraba:
It is better for your POF to be in one account.

Hi @duchess90 and all.

Please help, if one wants to upload POF in dom account and naira account, how is one going to do it. upload them separately or as one single document? and how will the ECO calculate the required POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello.

I completely agree with you

I should have thought of that,

Cheers
KillBill2:

@ Duchess90, very kind of you to take time and answer questions here. I’ll just add that the OP should remember that the SOP needs to be original. Personally, I wouldn’t advise posting the SOP on a public forum as someone else could copy it verbatim. If this happens, the OP’s work will be flagged as plagiarism and the university might decline their application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ademidedavid(f): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please, I can’t book an appointment at the Lagos center but my family(dependents) already have an appointment date. Can I do a walk in with them without having an appointment? Please I need quick response.

God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
mcpapillo:
Josh121:

Yes it will not be honoured
Oh no. Mobile bank app statements are used all the time. This is false please. Even on gov.uk it is clearly stated that this is accepted

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OmokayZ(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello house, please I’m just about to apply to University of Plymouth but right now due to ASUU strike getting a Letter of recommendation is confusing. Any suggestion on how to go about that or any other alternative?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Josh121(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
giselle237:

Oh no. Mobile bank app statements are used all the time. This is false please. Even on gov.uk it is clearly stated that this is accepted

I didn’t say statement from bank apps are not honoured, the person talk about without stamp. Which embassy will honour a bank statement without stamp ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Daempireboss: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Yes
Kemisola0206:
Pls, I want to go for my TB test on the 12th of July. My present passport is going to expire August. Actually I have applied for a new passport which is not out yet. Pls my question is " can I do the tb test on passport with me dat will expire August or should just wait for the new one so as not to affect my Visa"

LISTEN AND LISTEN CAREFULLY.
Do your TB test like that no need to wait for anything. I repeat do it like that.
The tB certificate will come out with the old passport number.
You can use it like that.
I am talkin from experience.

I traveled down to LAGOS from Ph, paid 8500 to reprint. Only for the agent attending to me when it was my turn to tell me that UKVI no longer request for changes due to new passport.
I applied for refund and I’m still waiting for 12 weeks to get my 8500. This happens last Month June
I repeat do ur TB test and carry your result.
All u need do is attract ur new and old passport to the Tb Certificate when uploading for your TLs ukvi visa application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Daempireboss: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
This is no longer valid

Aieboocaar:
Make mesef begin answer questions cheesy

Hello

Please proceed with your TB test with the soon-to-expire passport.

But kindly note that when your new passport comes out you'll have to go back to IOM to update the passport number on your certificate. THIS SERVICE COST 8,500.

And also note that the TB certificate has a 6months validity, so plan accordingly.

Cheers...... (duchess90 hope I spelt the "cheers" correctly?) grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.