Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1228510 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
bigtt76:
Which school did she apply to? I'm wondering how possible it is to have applied for visa without submitting TB result to school for CAS? shocked

It's very possible.... I already have my CAS, from university of Plymouth
I'm yet to do TB test, and my POF is not yet ready.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by George3766: 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Chats, text ,emails , holidays together, bills paid or investment together

There's a lot you can add

Cheers

Thanks alot, I really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kinkymax: 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
AwaitingVisa ..

Online Application: 10th June
Biometrics( Ikeja) : 20th June
Moved to DMC: 20th June
Moved to VAC : 8th July
Collection mail: 8th July
DHL delivery: pending..

No NSF
9 years study gap
2 previous US student visa(both 2021) denial declared.

Documents uploaded (assisted service)
CAS
Tb cert
POF
Waec
Degree cert
Nysc
Work references...

Waiting for dhl delivery...thanks to God.
PS...d processing time is exactly 3weeks nw.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kelvinf2g: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please house, am trying to book an appointment but am not seeing any tab to upload my documents. I really don’t understand this part, please can someone help out been stranded on this last part since yesterday. This is what it’s showing me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hermes119: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
afolayanto:
Proceed to your bank to update your BVN by adding your email to it. Same happened to me and the bvn was updated same day. You will need your email address to login to TRM portal. That's where you'll get OTP to login
Thanks �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by zeezlagos(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
Definitely... I used 3 accounts from different banks. 2 commercial and one Investment Bank

tobyharwe:
Pls house can one use 2 account from different banks but with same name as PoF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ademidedavid(f): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kelvinf2g:
Please house, am trying to book an appointment but am not seeing any tab to upload my documents. I really don’t understand this part, please can someone help out been stranded on this last part since yesterday. This is what it’s showing me

Book an appointment and you will see the upload box
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hermes119: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
Jvas:

Go to the bank where you registered your bvn and link your bvn with your email. Tell them to do it for you immediately. By the end of that day you will be able to proceed.
Cheers
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kelvinf2g: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
I can’t book appointment, I can’t even select dates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
Yes it was a paper copy
Thanks.

duchess90:
Hello

If it's is a paper copy of refusal and you lost it in transit then state so

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Teezee22: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
As a bsc student transferring for second year to UK with a study gap of more than 6yrs. How do I explain the gap if I don't have employment letter or reference letter to prove or should I just let it go and explain all in my cover letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cantbeatit20: 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kelvinf2g:

Click on the arrow by the side of the box where the date is showing to select a date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
[quote author=Fibonacci2021 post=114565190]Hello,
I used UBA $Card to pay for Visa and ihs. It worked well.

Cheers!

[/quote

Please, how did this work, and what rate was used to charge you?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ademidedavid(f): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please house, Hope it does not matter if a person applying for student visa declares just one refusal (the most recent) instead of two although In the same year. (A visiting visa though)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kelvinf2g: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
I did click on the arrows but it’s like no date is available. What to do do now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cantbeatit20: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kelvinf2g:
I did click on the arrows but it’s like no date is available. What to do do now?

Check if you will get a date for assisted services but please note that you will pay for assisted services. If you don't get then you keep checking to see if you will be lucky to find a date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hanzzyyy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
Tried Booking with WakaNow and this is all I see after filling details. Just a blank Page showing Trip Customization. Please how do you book??
ubom123:

Wakanow is secure and safe. I have used it before for local and foreign flights but it can be troublesome sometimes in the case of date change. So make sure you are very sure of the date you want to travel before booking. Their change of date is not seamless.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
TB test procedure - IOM, Lagos Centre; Isaac John (To save those will be going some unnecessary stress)

If you have your appointment, once you get there, just walk to the security at the gate. Show them your appointment letter and your passport, you'll be allowed in. (Please, go with a photocopy of your documents, including your payment receipt to save yourself time)

[/b]CONFIRMATION OF APPOINTMENT - COLLECTION OF TAG - VERIFICATION OF PAYMENT/FILLING OF ONLINE FORM - COLLECTION OF CHECKLIST FORM - WAITING FOR CAPTURING/CAPTURING PROPER - XRAY - SEEING A DOCTOR - COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE[b]

Getting inside, walk to where you'll be directed, give your appointment letter to the security man there and go sit down. He will collect the letters, take it inside for them to confirm the appointments, then return to call your names. At this point, those whose appointments were confirmed will be given tags.

With your tags, the next stop is verification of your payment. Still in that same "tent" you are under. They just confirm your payment on their list and stamp the receipt. Peradventure they couldn't find your name, don't fret. You'll be sent to the IT team who'll verify on their own computer and send you back for stamping.

Next is to fill a questionnaire online for the UK whatever. Please, ensure your are filling the correct one, as there is the one for UK and the one for Canada, Australia and other countries. (You'll see the QR code to scan to fill the form or just type in the link on your browser)... This can be done before or after your receipt verification as long as you've gotten your tag, as your tag number will be requested on the site

After receipt verification, you'll pick up a small form which is a kind of checklist. Every step is listed there and each office is expected to tick once you're through with each step.

(These first steps are carried out under the same tent and doesn't actually waste time)

You'll be ushered to where you'll wait for capturing. Basically what they do here is take a passport photograph of you, then ask you to confirm the information you've filled online which will be displayed to you on a large monitor. (Na this stage dey take time). When you're through with this stage, you'll be given a doctor who'll attend to you. The number will be written on your slip.

From here, Na to go for the X-ray. The stamped receipt will be requested from you and the small form which is a kind of checklist, so that they can tick it. This stage no dey take time at all. Within 5 minutes you don finish, as the x-ray itself is done in less than 30seconds.

You remember that doctor wey dem give you? This is the time to go see the doctor, e.g doctor 5. Just ask the security men where doctor 5 dey and go wait for him. (This stage dey take time also o, but the actual meeting with the doctor shouldn't last up to 5 minutes).

At this point, you don finish. You either go chill somewhere waiting for your result or you return another day. If you had your x-ray before 2pm, you'll be able to get your certificate that same day. After 2pm, you'll have to come another day.

I picked up on Saturday and didn't spend up to 20minutes there for pickup.

Observations
- Try to go before 1, as I think at a point they stop allowing people in. No rush go early in the morning, else you go see say you and those wey come by 12 still dey there around 4pm.
- Better to photocopy your documents at home than over there.
- If you carry ride, there is a parking lot just in the next compound but I guess you'll pay for parking
- The security men I met at the gate first day I went were really rude to people (not to me sha o), although those I met at the gate when I went for collection were very nice and respectful
- The toilet is BAD, no water and stinks. So no too think am
- Aside few security men who were very unfriendly, ALL the IOM workers themselves were very wonderful in carrying out their duties. The way they attend to questions, to people, you'll love it. At a point, I felt there was a secret camera monitoring their actions, that's why. Lol

These are my experiences, yours may be different, but you don get scope of what to expect sha. (Make una no vex say e too long, mbok)

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kelvinf2g: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
I have also tried that too but same thing

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by raddyworld: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
Good day house...
I have got a serious question.

What of if you are going for schooling and u are given employment in the same school that covers beyond ur school fee and maintenance.
Now u want to process as student but also tender ur letter of appointment indicating ur salary for a year with School. Can the £1200 proof of fund work for this process or u don't need a proof of fund at all?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by realpearl(f): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hermes119:
Hi guys
I'm trying to register an account via tradesystem for tuition payment but after puting my BVN this is the reply I get
How can I resolve this

It explains what you need to do. Go to your bank and ask them to link your email to your BVN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by oluodun: 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Yes

Cheers
Hello. Please is it possible I use my passport that expires by September 22 for visa application and update before biometrics? My new passport is delayed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
Go to the bank that initiated your bvn. They wi give you form and an A4 to write a letter of correction. Do go with a means of identification
Hermes119:
Hi guys
I'm trying to register an account via tradesystem for tuition payment but after puting my BVN this is the reply I get
How can I resolve this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nampofo: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sure. And leaveby 28th August, I guess.

This is the validity period. You are expecting to enter Switzerland within this period.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kennyg428: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mattmich:
Has anyone paid to NOTTINGHAM TRENT UNIVERSITY through FORM A?

I want to pay but invoice has become my problem. The school isn't ready to send me an invoice rather referring me to the school website to get their details

It's on the school's website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

You can go ahead to fill the visa application but can't go past the declaration section or pay for visa fees and IHS, that will lock your application and you can't make the changes you need

If you do so and still intend to change your passport you will have to cancel the application and start again with the new passport.

Hope it helps

Cheers

oluodun:
Hello. Please is it possible I use my passport that expires by September 22 for visa application and update before biometrics? My new passport is delayed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

No because your letter of employment does not replace evidence for maintenance unless you are being sponsored by a company in this case the Uni.

If the Uni provides a letter saying your maintenance funds is fully covered through your employment then that will suffice

If not,you have to show the necessary documents as advised by UKVI

Cheers
raddyworld:
Good day house...
I have got a serious question.

What of if you are going for schooling and u are given employment in the same school that covers beyond ur school fee and maintenance.
Now u want to process as student but also tender ur letter of appointment indicating ur salary for a year with School. Can the £1200 proof of fund work for this process or u don't need a proof of fund at all?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

Specify the IOM you attended so others can be aware it is that particular centre

Others may be slightly better especially the facilities

Cheers
Yampotatocarrot:
TB test procedure (To save those will be going some unnecessary stress)

If you have your appointment, once you get there, just walk to the security at the gate. Show them your appointment letter and your passport, you'll be allowed in. (Please, go with a photocopy of your documents, including your payment receipt to save yourself time)

[/b]CONFIRMATION OF APPOINTMENT - COLLECTION OF TAG - VERIFICATION OF PAYMENT/FILLING OF ONLINE FORM - COLLECTION OF CHECKLIST FORM - WAITING FOR CAPTURING/CAPTURING PROPER - XRAY - SEEING A DOCTOR - COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE[b]

Getting inside, walk to where you'll be directed, give your appointment letter to the security man there and go sit down. He will collect the letters, take it inside for them to confirm the appointments, then return to call your names. At this point, those whose appointments were confirmed will be given tags.

With your tags, the next stop is verification of your payment. Still in that same "tent" you are under. They just confirm your payment on their list and stamp the receipt. Peradventure they couldn't find your name, don't fret. You'll be sent to the IT team who'll verify on their own computer and send you back for stamping.

Next is to fill a questionnaire online for the UK whatever. Please, ensure your are filling the correct one, as there is the one for UK and the one for Canada, Australia and other countries. (You'll see the QR code to scan to fill the form or just type in the link on your browser)... This can be done before or after your receipt verification as long as you've gotten your tag, as your tag number will be requested on the site

After receipt verification, you'll pick up a small form which is a kind of checklist. Every step is listed there and each office is expected to tick once you're through with each step.

(These first steps are carried out under the same tent and doesn't actually waste time)

You'll be ushered to where you'll wait for capturing. Basically what they do here is take a passport photograph of you, then ask you to confirm the information you've filled online which will be displayed to you on a large monitor. (Na this stage dey take time). When you're through with this stage, you'll be given a doctor who'll attend to you. The number will be written on your slip.

From here, Na to go for the X-ray. The stamped receipt will be requested from you and the small form which is a kind of checklist, so that they can tick it. This stage no dey take time at all. Within 5 minutes you don finish, as the x-ray itself is done in less than 30seconds.

You remember that doctor wey dem give you? This is the time to go see the doctor, e.g doctor 5. Just ask the security men where doctor 5 dey and go wait for him. (This stage dey take time also o, but the actual meeting with the doctor shouldn't last up to 5 minutes).

At this point, you don finish. You either go chill somewhere waiting for your result or you return another day. If you had your x-ray before 2pm, you'll be able to get your certificate that same day. After 2pm, you'll have to come another day.

I picked up on Saturday and didn't spend up to 20minutes there for pickup.

Observations
- Try to go before 1, as I think at a point they stop allowing people in. No rush go early in the morning, else you go see say you and those wey come by 12 still dey there around 4pm.
- Better to photocopy your documents at home than over there.
- If you carry ride, there is a parking lot just in the next compound but I guess you'll pay for parking
- The security men I met at the gate first day I went were really rude to people (not to me sha o), although those I met at the gate when I went for collection were very nice and respectful
- The toilet is BAD, no water and stinks. So no too think am
- Aside few security men who were very unfriendly, ALL the IOM workers themselves were very wonderful in carrying out their duties. The way they attend to questions, to people, you'll love it. At a point, I felt there was a secret camera monitoring their actions, that's why. Lol

These are my experiences, yours may be different, but you don get scope of what to expect sha. (Make una no vex say e too long, mbok)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

Why the selective refusal declaration?

And Yes it matters, declare all

Even if it is multiple refusals in a week

Cheers
ademidedavid:
Please house, Hope it does not matter if a person applying for student visa declares just one refusal (the most recent) instead of two although In the same year. (A visiting visa though)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

Perhaps dates are not available at the moment

The September rush session

Keep trying at different times in the day

Cheers
Kelvinf2g:
I can’t book appointment, I can’t even select dates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ademidedavid(f): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Why the selective refusal declaration?

And Yes it matters, declare all

Even if it is multiple refusals in a week

Cheers

But has gotten to DMC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello

This is medicine after death na

The question should have been asked before visa submission.
Anyway, the hope is that it isn't a concern to the ECO looking at your application

Cheers
ademidedavid:

But has gotten to DMC

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.