Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203103 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2022
Good morning well sabi of nairaland , I want to book for biometric which one between Ikeja and vi is the best to pick now for nearer date. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:35am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

People have struggled to get dates in Ikeja.
There's a few if you want to use VI

Pick the less stressful one

Cheers
abeysticks:
Good morning well sabi of nairaland , I want to book for biometric which one between Ikeja and vi is the best to pick now for nearer date. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:37am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

Rectifying in Nigeria is the right thing to do but it might take a while

Since it is the dependant and not MA my advise will be to travel and get it sorted in the UK

I assume you are both travelling together

Cheers
dan5loriel:
Please guys so me and my dependent got our visas but on in my dependent visa package the white brb letter was not included.. can this be rectify here in Nigeria before traveling ?? or we have to get into the Uk before it can be rectified ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

Okay, my assumption was when you said you didn't mind was that you accepted it

Since you didn't then that's fine

Did you mail the registry or administrative department

Can you redo another very serious mail to the heads of school and VC like I said

Include the emotional, financial and to an extent anxiety this has caused you. You can paste a draft copy when you finish so we can add.

With your response, I am not doubting you, and we are on your side oh.

Please do this today, and keep resending the email until you get a proper response from your Uni

Cheers
[quote author=Lekeleke2022 post=115179885][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

Can you include your attendance log to the email to show you have been attending classes

Did you do any assignment or coursework

Did you do any group work or task

Add as much evidence as you can that you have been attending classes

That will have to be the facts of your arguments,then we can add the emotional bits but the facts must remain

Cheers
[quote author=Lekeleke2022 post=115179885][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eemalex(m): 7:51am On Jul 29, 2022
duchess90:
Hello.

It should be automatic but with the way TLS behaves please request for your refund yourself

Cheers
Hi duchess90,

How do I request for refund?
I had a case of paying for premium lounge which was successful on payu portal but after redirecting me it was unable to validate order. I was then debited of the sum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by enesty(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Good morning all
Please is globus bank good for pof, please it's urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DeevaB: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Davidandgo:

It's not enough reason to cancel your application especially if you have paid for IHS and Visa.

Yes, I have paid the IHS and Visa fee. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DeevaB: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2022
abeysticks:

I will suggest VI. They have closer dates

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

People have struggled to get dates in Ikeja.
There's a few if you want to use VI

Pick the less stressful one

Cheers

Thanks so much @duchess90, is dre any charges attached to VI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2022
DeevaB:

I will suggest VI. They have closer dates

Thanks so much@DeevaB
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2022
Ihcarg:
Hi…. My appointment is on Monday I’m married but I’m applied alone my husband is applying after I get my visa do I go along with my marriage certificate as part of my documents
..yes. It helps now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MacDarrey: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2022
MacDarrey:
Good day to All �

Congratulations to all VISA Holders

Please I want to know about below from any VISA holders or Awaiting:
�����������
1. Do UkVI always contact all applicants from DMC?
2. At what point did UKVI contact you, your referee(s) or your bank after Biometric?
3. Any call/conversations experience to share just like we they shared POE experiences here?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2022
farnet:

I am not sure that you are filling the correct application form. Ensure that you are filling the partner dependent form and not child dependent application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

1. No, except an NSF requesting more time or more documents

2. Any point when verifying your documents and assessing you meet the condition for student visa and there are no falsified or deceptive information

3. POE experiences differ, some have been asked basic questions, some detailed questions, some refused entry and asked to return it depends. You should be confident at that point if everything is okay

Cheers
MacDarrey:
Good day to All �

Congratulations to all VISA Holders

Please I want to know about below from any VISA holders or Awaiting:
�����������
1. Do UkVI always contact all applicants from DMC?
2. At what point did UKVI contact you, your referee(s) or your bank after Biometric?
3. Any call/conversations experience to share just like we they shared POE experiences here?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:01am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

Any bank regulated by the CBN is okay

Cheers
enesty:
Good morning all
Please is globus bank good for pof, please it's urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello

Here's a link

Down the page you will find refunds

https://pos.tlscontact.com/lgv_en/contact

Cheers
eemalex:

Hi duchess90,

How do I request for refund?
I had a case of paying for premium lounge which was successful on payu portal but after redirecting me it was unable to validate order. I was then debited of the sum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2022
Pls what are d documents to take along to Ikeja TLS for biometric and must all d documents be a colored photocopy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eemalex(m): 9:17am On Jul 29, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Here's a link

Cheers

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MacDarrey: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2022
Thanks so much @duchess90
duchess90:
Hello

1. No, except an NSF requesting more time or more documents

2. Any point when verifying your documents and assessing you meet the condition for student visa and there are no falsified or deceptive information

3. POE experiences differ, some have been asked basic questions, some detailed questions, some refused entry and asked to return it depends. You should be confident at that point if everything is okay

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MacDarrey: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2022
@duchess90
Please can I also claim refund?
I booked for Self Service and paid for 8am premium. I was trying to get earlier date and that automatic cancelled. I had to book free service of 12:30pm for same day as I don't want to pay again.
duchess90:
Hello

Here's a link

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by HRBoss1: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2022
Emaaaaaaa:
Ulster confirmed my payment today

Hello, please how long did it take Ulster to confirm the payment?

And do you have idea for deadline of payment for tuition deposit for September intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DTOBS(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2022
Good Morning bro,

Please what course are you doing at Ulster University?

I also saw 9,350 as the Fee, but when I checked the fee for international students, I saw 16500 but 9350 for Part time. Is your Part Time?

Emaaaaaaa:
Ulster confirmed my payment today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by farnet: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2022
The application is for the student, the Main applicant
Kalakris:

I am not sure that you are filling the correct application form. Ensure that you are filling the partner dependent form and not child dependent application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2022
Lekeleke2022:
Good evening everyone. Pls I need your expert advice as regards what to do next
I recently picked up my passport on the 26th of July with visa issued on July 15 after a long wait( biometrics was April 1).
This was following complaint I made to the home office which they acknowledged and apologized claiming it was an administrative oversight because the visa was initially issued May 13. They eventually reissued another one July 15 having sited the error and tendered apologies.
My school final resumption date was July 5 after several extensions by my school though have been updating them about the visa delay.
I immediately mailed my school informing them of my visa but to my surprise they responded that the CAS has been withdrawn even tho it was still within the 6months expiration period cos it was issued March 30. They further said I should accept option to defer to the next academic date which I didn’t even mind but the issue now is they said I have to get a new CAS and apply for new visa (N.B I have to pay a new visa fee, IHS and do another TB as the present one expires soon mind you the present visa expires Oct 13
I mailed them back and also copied Home office stating my displeasure that I can’t accept making another visa application since it wasn’t my fault and a new visa was just issued. I further made them realize that if a new CAS must be issued then it should easily be updated with the present visa since it’s same office that issues both CAS and Visa
Am awaiting the school and home office response.
I need expert advise and I also want to know if anyone has experienced such before and if yes, how was it resolved.
Thanks

Good morning. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

First, believe that with God, anything is possibe.

Secondly, you need to get your school's phone number and call the admissions office. You must be ready to spend some money to talk to them on the phone. Don't give up till you talk to someone who can really help you. You should also call the international student office in your school and ask for help/advise.

If you were asked to defer and you didn't respond, that might be a major issue. They might have taken your silence as consent and gone ahead to defer you. Please note that your visa is always tied to your CAS so if your CAS has been cancelled, technically, your visa is now null and void. You must not travel with that visa. Again, your CAS can be updated with new information - e.g if you paid more money for your tuition. However, it cannot be re-issued if you defer. You will need a new CAS and have to go through the process again - just like you already mentioned.

If you did attend online classes as you claimed, then your school should not have asked you to defer - unless there is something you have not told us. Please be honest so that we can all help you.

Please check your school's website and get the numbers you need. This is now an emergency and emails will no longer help you with fast responses - which you need.

When you call the school, articulate your points clearly and provide facts. Be ready to use emotional blackmail if necessary.

Finally, pray and beg God to favour you. Nothing is impossible with God. Absolutely nothing. Please keep us informed on your progress.

Good luck!

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by enesty(m): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Any bank regulated by the CBN is okay

Cheers

Thanks duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temmyblinks: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2022
Please does Swansea University require financial evidence for CAS? After the offer letter, do I need to present bank statement before payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ibuowo200: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2022
Hello all the gurus in the house . Please advice how to pay visa fees now since bank has stopped deposit of dollars.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2022
Congratulations

You have been contributing positively here as well.

Well done
abuhusna1:
Visa granted
My wife MA
Myself and 2 children.
Alhamdulilah.
Short story
I have been in Ireland since 4 years on study and post study visa. My last visa renewal took so long but I was kind of depressed without my family so I just came back home to process student visa for us all. Today visa granted while Ireland also will be sending my resident permit in few days.
I choose uk over Ireland not anymore will I go back Ireland cos they don't have family package like uk for master students

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sainted(f): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please is it still possible to do walk in in any of the three centres in this country. I have to travel to Abuja next week and was thinking of doing walk in since I now have all my documents ready but since I stay in Lagos, either Ikeja or VI would also be okay if walk in is still allowed.

Really appreciate your comments
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2022
Walk in is not allowed at the moment in Abuja, and I think it’s only allowed for married couples elsewhere, I’m not sure though.
sainted:
Hi everyone,

Please is it still possible to do walk in in any of the three centres in this country. I have to travel to Abuja next week and was thinking of doing walk in since I now have all my documents ready but since I stay in Lagos, either Ikeja or VI would also be okay if walk in is still allowed.

Really appreciate your comments
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 10:54am On Jul 29, 2022
If you have someone that can help you pay in Uk, US or Canada. That would be fine.
ibuowo200:
Hello all the gurus in the house . Please advice how to pay visa fees now since bank has stopped deposit of dollars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.