Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN (30223 Views)

#NoBraDay 2021: Nigerian Women, Others Mark 'No Bra Day' (Photos) / How To Treat Damaged Skin By Bleaching Creams In 60 Days / Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by lexy2014: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
samorobo:

It is common sense and basic reasoning. It’s appears you lack both.

I already answered this.

do u use "common sense and basic reasoning" to arrive at statistical inferences?
its because you have the common sense and basic reasoning hence am asking you the questions. but am surprised that with all your common sense and basic reasoning, you still struggling to answer the simple questions:

how did u arrive at your conclusion that I "used 96% of your post to make zero point"? Can u show me your statistical analysis that u conducted? Meanwhile, u haven't answered my questions:

Why are u hurt and so bitter? Is it because of ordinary bleaching cream that u are spilling your emotions like crude oil pipeline that burst in ogoni land? Do u use bleaching cream?

Will nigeria have been number 1 if it had the population of Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by lexy2014: 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
They reach these conclusions using percentages not population numbers. Perhaps if you knew this you wouldn't embarrassed ypurself.

since u arent embarassing yourself, how do you arrive at percentages?
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by TjoBATHONG(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

Nigerians do not bleach their skin because of white people.

They bleach their skin because fair girls are considered more attractive.

Only people from a country who have been oppressed by skin color reason this way.

Morpheus, my guy - this is the dumbest answer you've given in all the years I've known you cry

Why is lighter considered more attractive in a country of black people living on the equator? ANC you say it's hot nothing to do with whiteness grin
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by TjoBATHONG(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
Even their judges still wear those old colonial wigs and you wonder their minds are so whitewashed.

grin grin grin

Grown "educated" men putting on a wig to imitate wise white men - and then they say they're not coons grin

Don't even get started on how they've internalised the white man's religion cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
lexy2014:

U asked me if I no the meaning of percentage and I responded in the negative. I also requested that u tell me the meaning but ur response hasn't done so.

Also, I asked u "how is percentage arrived at". Still your response doesn't address it.

In your formula u gave, u mentioned "total women population in Nigeria" whereas earlier u said:

"so the issue of population has no significant effects". How is that?
In my earlier post, you didn't see where I mentioned numerical numbers? If you are an art students, I will Paddon you but if you are a science or social science student it's unfortunate that you don't know how a simple statistical result are arrived. If you want me to be writing epistle to define percentage, I'm sorry, the simple formula I gave; define what percentage is all about.
"Values in percentage, has no significant effects from numeric numbers"

What that means is that if my numerical population sample say 1000, if I tabulate my result, there is no significant difference between my result with the one I will get from a population sample of say 2000.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by lexy2014: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
In my earlier post, you didn't see where I mentioned numerical numbers? If you are an art students, I will Paddon you but if you are a science or social science student it's unfortunate that you don't know how a simple statistical result are arrived. If you want me to be writing epistle to define percentage, I'm sorry, the simple formula I gave; define what percentage is all about.
"Values in percentage, has no significant effects from numeric numbers"

What that means is that if my numerical population sample say 1000, if I tabulate my result, there is no significant difference between my result with the one I will get from a population sample of say 2000.

u still havent answered the simple questions. since u are professor of science and statistics, i dont see why u are having challenges answering simple questions with facts:

U asked me if I no the meaning of percentage and I responded in the negative. I also requested that u tell me the meaning but ur response hasn't done so.

Also, I asked u "how is percentage arrived at". Still your response doesn't address it.

In your formula u gave, u mentioned "total women population in Nigeria" whereas earlier u said:

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
lexy2014:

u still havent answered the simple questions. since u are professor of science, i dont see why u are having challenges answering simple questions with facts:

If from all my write up you can't figure out the answers you are seeking for, I'm sorry, I can't help you.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Khaysee: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Most sold out item in Nigeria is cream
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
If from all my write up you can't figure out the answers you are seeking for, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

except you are telling me that u cant answer the simple questions despite all your chest beating. an answer to maths and stats questions are direct, like 2+2=4. it doesnt need any figuring out. my questions to u are simple and straightforward:

1. what is percentage?

2. how is percentage arrived at?

3. In your formula u gave, u mentioned "total women population in Nigeria" whereas earlier u said:

i am still at a loss as to why u cant give any direct answers to the questions despite the background that u claim
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
1. If something happens in Nigeria it's Nigerian, full stop! Whether it happens in the north, south, north east etc t) makes no difference.

Contextualizing a statement is extremely important in fully understanding its implications.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Morpheus, my guy - this is the dumbest answer you've given in all the years I've known you cry

Why is lighter considered more attractive in a country of black people living on the equator? ANC you say it's hot nothing to do with whiteness grin

You would say it's dumb because cultural nuisances outside of your bantu educated mind are incomprehensible to such minds.

Case in point. Why do Zulu's have a cultural event where they are teenagers bare chested, flashing their boobs around in the 2ist century. Teenagers!!!

Don't you think that is dumb in a society where clothes have been introduced.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

grin grin grin

Grown "educated" men putting on a wig to imitate wise white men - and then they say they're not coons grin

Don't even get started on how they've internalised the white man's religion cry cry cry

What religion do you practice, Sangoma worship?
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by LeSudAfricaine: 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

Contextualizing a statement is extremely important in fully understanding its implications.

You've said absolutely nothing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
You've said absolutely nothing

To the small minded fellow, it would seem so.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by afroangel(f): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by TjoBATHONG(m): 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

You would say it's dumb because cultural nuisances outside of your bantu educated mind are incomprehensible to such minds.

Case in point. Why do Zulu's have a cultural event where they are bare chest flashing their boobs around in the 2ist century.

Don't you think that is dumb in a society where clothes have been introduced.

Another dumb answer.

The Zulus are celebrating who they are while Nigerians wanna be white.

And there's also modern Zulu attire but they celebrate their blackness by revisiting their history in animal skins while you wanna erase your blackness.

Everything about u is just coonness. SA footballers play at home, you run to Europe. 70% of Nigerian women bleach their skin, South African women embrace short natural hair and even baldness. Nigerians praise whites for everything good, South Africans always tell Africans to stay home and fix their countries - it's possible. Nigerians speak pidgin, a typical South African speaks atleast 5 African languages.

Do u get my drift? Plenty more examples from where that came from.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by TjoBATHONG(m): 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

What religion do you practice, Sangoma worship?

Yes, we practice African traditional belief and religions such as Shembe, ZCC and IPCC.

And even then we don't use the white men's religion to massacre each other, or be in Church on Sunday morning and pushing drugs that same afternoon.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by MoneyTrees(m): 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
References:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-women-highest-consumers-of-skin-whitening-creams-in-africa-report/

As soon as I saw this thread I realized that this is what I've been scrolling my phone and looking for all evening
Lighting up my jumbo sized Mali kush
And here I join
grin
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
Or those that rock their natural light skin
I'm attracted to dark skin girls

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by MoneyTrees(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Starzo:

foolish simp... giving excuses for women's short comings while totally condemning guys for doing same thing.

You're a b*tch-ass pussy-ass n*gga
You're real niggar
That dude ain't a real niggar no more, just blew his cover.
SMH angry
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Another dumb answer.

The Zulus are celebrating who they are while Nigerians wanna be white.

And there's also modern Zulu attire but they celebrate their blackness by revisiting their history in animal skins while you wanna erase your blackness.

You really are stupid aren't you.

My original statement clearly states "fair skin is considered more attractive"

I elaborated and give the reasons why by giving a cultural nuisance in the igbo ethnic group that have this preference as a cultural norm and juxtapose it to the non existence of this in northern cultures within the same geographic region to elaborate on the my point

and somehow you connect Zulu girls dangling their boobs with celebrating blackness and a cultural nuisance.

You are an idiot!

Lionessza6:

Everything about u is just coonness. SA footballers play at home, you run to Europe.

Yes we run to Europe to play football and so do the following people

Lionel Messi

Christiano Ronaldo

Paul pogba

David luis

Should I go on.

Please make relevant points and stop displaying your stupidity here.

Lionessza6:

70% of Nigerian women bleach their skin,

And the conclusion is that they seek to be White. Where is the evidence for this. Are White people the only humans with lighter skin. How come they are not seeking to be Arabic or Asian. Deluded mind of an Apartheid survivor. You are a daft.

Lionessza6:

South African women embrace short natural hair and even baldness.

That's because their hair texture is quite bad and their hair does not grow long like that of West Africans.

Lionessza6:

Nigerians speak pidgin, a typical South African speaks atleast 5 African languages.
Pidgin is not a language, tis a lingua Franca. I hope you know what that means, otherwise look it up

Lionessza6:
Do u get my drift? Plenty more examples from where that came from.
Keep coming up with them. I will keep shutting them down.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Lionessza6(f): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

In his country the criteria for beauty would be big behind and small waist.

LMFAO,those are natural traits of a South African woman though ,so if the men feel like celebrating them ,why the fck not? grin grin. Is is not better than pushing their own women to disfigure themselves to look like something they're not for "status"? grin grin grin. And I'm sure you actually want to believe your statement so much that you'll actually repeat it to yourself a hundred times on this thread ......feel free though grin grin grin...I know the actual truth hurts very deep grin grin grin.

I would have loved to reply to our previous thread first, but this is more interesting now grin
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Yes, we practice African traditional belief and religions such as Shembe, ZCC and IPCC.

i thought you guys said we are the number 1 people who use muti. isn't Mut traditionally based belief.

TjoBATHONG:

And even then we don't use the white men's religion to massacre each other, or be in Church on Sunday morning and pushing drugs that same afternoon.

If you are refering to the Islam vs Christianity thingy, thats a West African phenomena and more of a regional issue brought about by Islam invading the north and Christianity being imported via the South. This conflict extends all the way to the Horn of Africa.

Fortune for you southerners the muslims could get only as far as Zanzibar and teh comoros island so you were spared that dicotomy.

It has nothing to do with you people per say but the dynamics of colonialism in Africa, ne!
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Lionessza6(f): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

i thought you guys said we are the number 1 people who use muti. isn't Mut traditionally based belief.

If you are refering to the Islam vs Christianity thingy, thats a West African phenomena and more of a regional issue brought about by Islam invading the north and Christianity being imported via the South. This conflict extends all the way to the Horn of Africa.

Fortune for you southerners the muslims could get only as far as Zanzibar and teh comoros island so you were spared that dicotomy.

It has nothing to do with you people per say but the dynamics of colonialism in Africa, ne!

why is my moniker quoted in this post shocked shocked shocked. I didn't post any of that cry. Very suspicious grin

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lionessza6:

LMFAO,those are natural traits of a South African woman though ,so if the men feel like celebrating them ,why the fck not? grin grin.

We also celebrate the tall nature of our women who are able to bare us athletic children who are saddled with big chests and big waists.

Lionessza6:
Is is not better than pushing their own women to disfigure themselves to look like something they're not for "status"? grin grin grin. And I'm sure you actually want to believe your statement so much that you'll actually repeat it to yourself a hundred times on this thread ......feel free though grin grin grin...I know the actual truth hurts very deep grin grin grin.

The truth is West African women in general bare more genetically superior women to the south african midget woman.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 6:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lionessza6:

why is my moniker quoted in this post shocked shocked shocked. I didn't post any of that cry. Very suspicious grin

You by-pasted all I wrote to pin point on that one thing.

***shaking my head***
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Crayfish09: 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
FOOLS
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Lionessza6(f): 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

We also celebrate the tall nature of our women who are able to bare us athletic children who are saddled with big chests and big waists.

The truth is West African women in general bare more genetically superior women to the south african midget woman.

LMFAO, diverting grin grin. I don't care how you feel about our beauty in comparison to your own women buddy grin. The question is why do you feel like there's any comparison between our men celebrating our shapes (natural) and yours pushing and celebrating the mutilation of your women's faces and bodies to look like something they're not? grin grin. How is this even the same thing? grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Lionessza6(f): 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

You by-pasted all I wrote to pin point on that one thing.

***shaking my head***

LMFAO, tell me how my moniker got in that conversation, when did I post the things you quoted? cry.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 7:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, tell me how my moniker got in that conversation, when did I post the things you quoted? cry.

because you can copy and paste the post # of the author when responding and in this case i copy pasted the wrong one.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by morpheus101: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, diverting grin grin. I don't care how you feel about our beauty in comparison to your own women buddy grin. The question is why do you feel like there's any comparison between our men celebrating our shapes (natural) and yours pushing and celebrating the mutilation of your women's faces and bodies to look like something they're not? grin grin. How is this even the same thing? grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin

because the original person who replied you had alluded to "beauty being in the eyes of the beholder" and thus I expanded upon that statement to qualify these attributes as ones which would be considered as "beauty" juxtaposed to the West of Africa.
Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Lionessza6(f): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
morpheus101:

because the original person who replied you had alluded to "beauty being in the eyes of the beholder" and thus I expanded upon that statement to qualify these attributes as ones which would be considered as "beauty" juxtaposed to the West of Africa.

LMFAO, buddy you're flumbing here,who replied me ? My first and only post on this thread was to you and no one else. You need to take a break ,you're losing it a bit today, you're usually good sport but I don't know what to make of your "confusion" here....second time now cry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Is Glaucoma Hereditary? Can It Be Cured? / Burn Survivor Bares Her Tummy As She Proudly Displays Her Scars (photos) / Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.