Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (913283 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2022
Yes. Biometrics isn't for children lesser than 14 years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

HazeeyzaH:
Good morning house, please gurus in the house
I applied with my toddler (new portal) but only my request for biometric letter was sent. Is that how it is ?? I just want to confirm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2022
HazeeyzaH:
I applied with my toddler (new portal) but only my request for biometric letter was sent. Is that how it is ?? I just want to confirm. Thanks

Yes, minors do not require biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Seyitorl2: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2022
Good day house, please what can I do?

MY passport won't be out till June. That means I cant start any application till I get my passport renewed and Classes start on the 6th of September Conestoga college.

Please help gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2022
LANDING GIST!!! LAGOS TO VANCOUVER BC (NEW WESTMINSTER TO BE PRECISE)

My travel date was April 5, flew with AirFrance, after several enquiry about Covid test wahala, i later settle for Rapid Antigen Test which they didn’t even later asked for self. I left home around 10am to Synlabs for the Antigenic test coz my flight was scheduled for 11pm, Pls try and get to Airport very early so you can quickly weigh your luggage, check in, relax too before your flight coz crowd especially heat Whey dey MMA mehn go boil water……Got to Airport around 1:30PM, i roger those police at the departure 1k sha so they can allow my family in. I went straight to Agric to declare my foodstuffs. Eventually my 2 check-in luggage weigh 45KG and 38KG respectively. OMO!!! I pack plenty foodstuffs no mind me, over 30yrs tastebud can’t change just of sudden, I need to still keep substitute with 9ja food so as to keep my sanity….na there we start ooo coz I was told I will have to pay 320$ close to 200k for excess luggage, I wan cry so my family said maybe they should reduce some foodstuffs, I said return KINNI, I rather reduce all my cloth instead but food ooo Lailai..So we started shuffle, those luggage guys render helped to (If you coming with foodstuffs no go do fine man/woman go buy those fine Big luggage find better GhanaMustGo or BigSack to pack your foodstuffs, though you can use those fine luggage for your clothes and others.. So after shuffle, I only have 1 excess 23KG check-in luggage. So I paid 117k for the excess.

Air France only asked for my passport, LOA, ArriveCan, LOI, they didn’t even asked for the Covid test self..so they check me in and I was given my boarding pass. I went to a lounge to have a swell time with my family before my departure….AirFrance In flight entertainment was quite good to Paris, then serve us Porridge with fish, the food sweet me make I no lie. I sleep reach Paris ni sha, we had about 6hrs flight to Paris. I only had 3hrs layover at Paris before proceeding to Vancouver flight,

At PARIS I was asked for my LOI, passport and boarding pass. In-flight entertainment no too tight much like the one from 9ja-Paris. We were serve food only once for about 10hrs flight to Vancouver…I wan para self, make this people bring another food nah abi. Well I just use that one dey rehearse the question & answer whey immigration go asked me @POE lol, I watch YouTube video taya……thanks to ANON123, JUSTMELLOW GOD BLESS YOU BOSSES, They keep assuring me not to be fussed so far no be fake document I carry nah…less I forget I meet one of our moniker at MMA too @Jioke.

Landed in Vancouver, I quickly went to ease myself first lol before we disembark from the aircraft, I waka no be small, the shoe Ghengen whey I wear con dey pain me for leg join. So we proceeded to the self declaration machine. Print my declaration form, and next to the immigration, I join the line, my heart started beating faster, I said to myself Guy calm down, you don enter nah.. I was only asked my purpose of visit, and this immigration officer started asking me about Shea butter (ORI) coz it on my Agric declaration from 9ja, OMO I con forget how to explain ORI, nah him even answer the question, he said moisturizer I quickly said yes, and I said it was extracted from plant not animal product, him con smile join, So he mark my declaration form and said I should proceed to another office to get my study permit. I got my study permit in less than 5mins. The immigration officer didn’t even asked me any question, no one asked for my Proof of fund Me whey I don do like 150 print out lol, I con dey rehearse English join. But pls stay prepared ooo, coz no one will tell what they will asked from you. I zoooooooom off carry my luggage and order uber to my AirBNB Apartment. Orile Ede Canada is Beautiful Mehn.
If you are coming to New Westminster BC halla me.

To everyone waiting for decision from IRCC, Goodnews soonest, to one been delay pls don’t give up refire approval is certain. God is the Greatest if someone tell last year that I will be in Canada this yrs I will say na lie but God is Greatest. Thanks to everyone make I sleep and rest small.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2022
You can get your passport faster’ look for the right source

Seyitorl2:
Good day house, please what can I do?

MY passport won't be out till June. That means I cant start any application till I get my passport renewed and Classes start on the 6th of September Conestoga college.

Please help gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emilo(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2022
kennyjoy:

My travel date was April 5, flew with AirFrance, after several enquiry about Covid test wahala, i later settle for Rapid Antigen Test which they didn’t even later asked for self. I left home around 10am to Synlabs for the Antigenic test coz my flight was scheduled for 11pm, Pls try and get to Airport very early so you can quickly weigh your luggage, check in, relax too before your flight coz crowd especially heat Whey dey MMA mehn go boil water……Got to Airport around 1:30PM, i roger those police at the departure 1k sha so they can allow my family in. I went straight to Agric to declare my foodstuffs. Eventually my 2 check-in luggage weigh 45KG and 38KG respectively. OMO!!! I pack plenty foodstuffs no mind me, over 30yrs tastebud can’t change just of sudden, I need to still keep substitute with 9ja food so as to keep my sanity….na there we start ooo coz I was told I will have to pay 320$ close to 200k for excess luggage, I wan cry so my family said maybe they should reduce some foodstuffs, I said return KINNI, I rather reduce all my cloth instead but food ooo Lailai..So we started shuffle, those luggage guys render helped to (If you coming with foodstuffs no go do fine man/woman go buy those fine Big luggage find better GhanaMustGo or BigSack to pack your foodstuffs, though you can use those fine luggage for your clothes and others.. So after shuffle, I only have 1 excess 23KG check-in luggage. So I paid 117k for the excess.

Air France only asked for my passport, LOA, ArriveCan, LOI, they didn’t even asked for the Covid test self..so they check me in and I was given my boarding pass. I went to a lounge to have a swell time with my family before my departure….AirFrance In flight entertainment was quite good to Paris, then serve us Porridge with fish, the food sweet me make I no lie. I sleep reach Paris ni sha, we had about 6hrs flight to Paris. I only had 3hrs layover at Paris before proceeding to Vancouver flight,

At PARIS I was asked for my LOI, passport and boarding pass. In-flight entertainment no too tight much like the one from 9ja-Paris. We were serve food only once for about 10hrs flight to Vancouver…I wan para self, make this people bring another food nah abi. Well I just use that one dey rehearse the question & answer whey immigration go asked me @POE lol, I watch YouTube video taya……thanks to ANON123, JUSTMELLOW GOD BLESS YOU BOSSES, They keep assuring me not to be fussed so far no be fake document I carry nah…less I forget I meet one of our moniker at MMA too @Jioke.

Landed in Vancouver, I quickly went to ease myself first lol before we disembark from the aircraft, I waka no be small, the shoe Ghengen whey I wear con dey pain me for leg join. So we proceeded to the self declaration machine. Print my declaration form, and next to the immigration, I join the line, my heart started beating faster, I said to myself Guy calm down, you don enter nah.. I was only asked my purpose of visit, and this immigration officer started asking me about Shea butter (ORI) coz it on my Agric declaration from 9ja, OMO I con forget how to explain ORI, nah him even answer the question, he said moisturizer I quickly said yes, and I said it was extracted from plant not animal product, him con smile join, So he mark my declaration form and said I should proceed to another office to get my study permit. I got my study permit in less than 5mins. The immigration officer didn’t even asked me any question, no one asked for my Proof of fund Me whey I don do like 150 print out lol, I con dey rehearse English join. But pls stay prepared ooo, coz no one will tell what they will asked from you. I zoooooooom off carry my luggage and order uber to my AirBNB Apartment. Orile Ede Canada is Beautiful Mehn.

To everyone waiting for decision from IRCC, Goodnews soonest, to one been delay pls don’t give up refire approval is certain. God is the Greatest if someone tell last year that I will be in Canada this yrs I will say na lie but God is Greatest. Thanks to everyone make I sleep and rest small.

Congrats man. Interesting write up. I key into your success!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Seyitorl2: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2022
How ,pls I need help ooooo.My capture date is not even near. Pls help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2022
VonVictor:
Good morning house.

Please I need advice. I am going to be funded 21,000 cad but my tuition+10k cad living expenses= 26,000 cad/year.

1. I don't have money and neither does my dad, I plan on having my uncle send him 3 million to complete the balance of the living expenses and he sends me a gift deed to explain the lump sum in my bank statement. But I don't show his own bank statement so they don't see he got a lumpsum himself. Would this be a problem or should I just have my uncle send to me and show his account statement and mine.

2. Since most of the money is from funding, would I still need to declare I'm being sponsored or say I'm self sponsored while my dad or uncle just gave that extra money to help.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated @ketima @frankrobbn @makano @technix and anyone else who has an input

Hello Vonvictor,

As for question 1, you have stated that the funding you got is CAD$26k. Now I saw 10K living expenses, please I want to know if the course is a year?

Again, when you add tution+living expenses for the entire duration of your course, does the 26K cover most of it that all you need is just 3million to make it up?

In your POF section of your SOP, boldly state that you have funding of so so amount and that the remaining will be taking care of by you from the money gifted to you by your dad. Please ensure you add all supporting documents to back up your POF.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emilo(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2022
HazeeyzaH:
Please who can recommend a honest person that can help me pay for visa application fee? Thanks

Have you attended to this. I can easily help you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2022
Good morning everyone

My friend wants to do masters but graduated with a third class
And post graduate certificate is one year but she wants to stay after studies

I need your advice on what to do please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by balqees004(f): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2022
Good morning house. It's been wonderful joining this trend.
1. Please can anyone help with link for the new website.

2. Can anyone help with list of 1year courses in Canada (science related)

3. Am about to commence on my application, can by children stand as dependant while my husband as the sponsor and am using my job(FG) and marriage as my ties. Can someone enlighten me on this please. Thanks house...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 10:45am On Apr 07, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Toddlers don’t do biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:46am On Apr 07, 2022
ANGELAREE:
Good morning everyone

My friend wants to do masters but graduated with a third class
And post graduate certificate is one year but she wants to stay after studies

I need your advice on what to do please

Your friend can't go for Master degree because of her result.

Meanwhile, she can enroll for Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma which we all know as Post Graduate Diploma in Nigeria.

There are 1 year Grad Cert and 2 years Grad Cert.

If you graduate from 1 year Grad Cert, you'll be eligible for 1 year Post Graduation Work Permit while 2 year Grad Cert will qualify you for 2 or 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit.

If you choose either one, you can become a Permanent Resident after graduation.

If you have the time and funds to enroll for 2 year course, it is advantageous because it will get you 2-3 year PGWP. These years will get you enough time to file for your Permanent Residence without panic.

If you are constrained financially, you can go for a year, sometimes 8 month-, course which will get you a year PGWP. This option may be risky if you don't have a well detailed strategy, but I can tell you to not fret as there are strategies that can get you Permanent Residence after graduation. I wrote a post yesterday or two days ago on unfailing strategy on how to get Permanent Residence with a year course without panic of PGWP expiring.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gustav25: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2022
DestinationCann:
If you have a friend in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident, they can help you order it. If not, I think @ anon does or you can check thegcmsonline.

Okay , thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

If its new portal... it wont go.. u have to find someone to help u pay in cad

I payed through the new portal using Barter by flutterwave app ‘ just that you will pay more cos it’s black market
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mhegar: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2022
Check Lambton College and Thompson Rivers University.

I intend applying there as well.

ultrazone:

Hi bro, can you help with 2-Year Human Resources Management PG-Diploma programs? I have searched and searched..only got 1-year programs at Seneca, Fanshawe, Centennial, Sheridan, Douglas, and Niagara. Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2022
Good morning everyone,
Please I am new here. I applied for study visa since October and haven't gotten PPR yet.
Please am scared and confused
School 2nd resumption date is May 12.
My timeline
Submitted October 18
Biometric October 26
Upfront medical September
Portal updated with medical passed
Applied online with GCkey
Please help me out
Am confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2022
Nitand2:
Good morning everyone,
Please I am new here. I applied for study visa since October and haven't gotten PPR yet.
My timeline
Submitted October 18
Biometric October 26
Please help me out
Am confused

You need not panic. PPR is on the way. If they have wanted to refuse you visa, they'll have months ago.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Emilo:

Have you attended to this. I can easily help you!

Yes, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tuneao: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2022
Hello everyone
Please who have used union bank for Form A is it fast and reliable
Please i need your reply urgently so i can know which bank is best…..Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2022
ShowYoung:

You need not panic. PPR is on the way. If they have wanted to refuse you visa, they'll have months ago.

grin grin cheesy grin grin grin, mafo ooo. IRCC can still do smack down for anybody ooo. Dem no care at all. So continue to pray. Your ppr will drop in Jesus name. But anybody expecting should order their notes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 11:19am On Apr 07, 2022
Nitand2:
Good morning everyone,
My timeline
Submitted October 18
Biometric October 26
Please help me out
Am confused

Your miracle is on the way it can come today!
Has your eligibilty started?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:26am On Apr 07, 2022
kennyjoy:

Congratulations once again... Your landing gist is cool. Stress-free journey. Don't worry, God's willing, I'll also be in Victoria, BC before September... It's just 2:30 hours with ferry from New westminster.

You're the first person I'll see close to my destination. I'll still holla you to know about living expenses within that environment.

All the best... Enjoy the Head of your life jare

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 11:30am On Apr 07, 2022
ShowYoung:

I can assist you pay cheaper with my dollar card

yeah thanks bro ‘ I already paid and will never need to pay again cos I’ll get a positive result ���

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2022
Thanks brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2022
Eligibility has not started yet still on background check for the past months now
ninab:

Your miracle is on the way it can come today!
Has your eligibilty started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 11:51am On Apr 07, 2022
ShowYoung:

Your friend can't go for Master degree because of her result.

Meanwhile, she can enroll for Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma which we all know as Post Graduate Diploma in Nigeria.

There are 1 year Grad Cert and 2 years Grad Cert.

If you graduate from 1 year Grad Cert, you'll be eligible for 1 year Post Graduation Work Permit while 2 year Grad Cert will qualify you for 2 or 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit.

If you choose either one, you can become a Permanent Resident after graduation.

If you have the time and funds to enroll for 2 year course, it is advantageous because it will get you 2-3 year PGWP. These years will get you enough time to file for your Permanent Residence without panic.

If you are constrained financially, you can go for a year, sometimes 8 month-, course which will get you a year PGWP. This option may be risky if you don't have a well detailed strategy, but I can tell you to not fret as there are strategies that can get you Permanent Residence after graduation. I wrote a post yesterday or two days ago on unfailing strategy on how to get Permanent Residence with a year course without panic of PGWP expiring.

Thank you so much
She’s scared because she’s not sure she’ll be able to get residence permit if she does one year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2022
ANGELAREE:

Thank you so much
She’s scared because she’s not sure she’ll be able to get residence permit if she does one year

Ensure you inform her that the course has to be in a designated learning institute.

Also, ensure she requests from the institution whether the course qualifies for PGWP because not all courses qualify

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eyinola: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2022
kennyjoy:

see me reading and smiling as if we follow dey d journey grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Yes, minors do not require biometrics.

Thanks for the reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.