Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904943 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2022
username12:
Hello Chief,

I started mailing IRCC 7 times a day and requested for my gcms notes after just 6 weeks of application. PPR dropped 3 weeks later, though via new portal.

My advice is to start mailing them at this point. It does not take away anything from your application. Worst they'll do is to reply you and say sending constant mails will not expedite the processing of your application. So, fire on right away.

Uhmm

Before you started sending the mails, have you done your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2022
CONGRATS TO ALL PPRs.

PPR HOPEFULS...IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE

NA WA OOOO

QLIFE IS FULLY BOOKED FOR FEBRUARY

LEMME JEJELY BE WAITING FOR MARCH FOR MY MEDICALS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by heshomoney(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
I have been wondering how on earth will I need a statement of account if I get a fully funded opportunity.

Thanks bro..... I am officially following your twitter handle @scholarmonde.

If you don't mind, I'll be reaching out to you soon.

technix:
Please read her details well. She doesn't even need any personal account to add.

I am a fully funded scholar here in Canada, I used only funding letter for myself.

When I wanted to apply for spouse and kid a year later, I did same thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
Thanks for the reply I was beginning to get worried grin
username12:
I don't think there's a cause for alarm. My CAC certificate was showing as inactive when I applied, but still got PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
DamilareOla:
IT'S PPR Guys!!!!

I'm coming back to drop timeline.

For those expectant, it will come. Just trust God.

Amin Jesu! Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DamilareOla: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hahahahah

In fact the mails dropped minutes before then.

God be praised.

Onlinedoctor:
Congrats DamilareOla, May the land favour you but this time of the day(6.56 am) to check PPR is extraordinary. Congrats man

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by exmaysn12000: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day good people, pls what's the new portal people talk about when applying online.

Is the screenshot attached correct for the new portal application?
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
After sending tons of messages to ircc, they finally updated my medicals to passed, I was scared that it wasn't valid, but I don't understand why my portal isn't opening again, I finally opened it saw updated but nothing new is it the ghost update , my background changed back to "we are processing your background check" eligibility hasn't started

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
You can distribute 10,000CAD between room and board, and other.

You can put 5,000 under room and board, and 5,000 under other.

KRTL:
Good morning everyone

pls I am filling my form..this place for " other" what should I write

pls find attached screenshot

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

I am Gathering documents for my 16 year old son's application
I am his sponsor, currently I already have the following documents:
Business CAC
House documents
His Int. Passport
His birth certificate
LOA(it hasn't dropped but hopefully this February)
Do I need to get a deed of gift or it isn't needed for minors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ebukawilson13: 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello please i need help.
I did an ond program in the institute of management and technology and they have been delaying my result.
It can possibly take them this whole year to release it.
Meanwhile i want to apply with my Secondary school result to the college of North Atlantic Newfoundland and Labrador.
My questions are:
1. Will my study gap affect visa
Since my O level result is from 2016

2. What is my chance of getting a visa with this college.

My uncle is my sponsor and he resides in Uk.
Does it have any implication.

Please help a brother move�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Monex007: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day house i have a question
the deadline for course registration in my school was jan 20th and the school advised that after that day if one had not gotten approval form IRCC yet its best to defer to the September semester which i did.
on the 26th of jan i got my ppr and had my visa stamped by jan 31 already my school had deferred my admission (new LOA came out on the 29th).
Now my question is how early can I travel to Canada given that I'm not starting school anytime soon and do i need to send my new LOA to IRCC ?

please i'll appreciate any advice or any one that has experienced something like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
technix:

Hello Technix,

Not really so. The room and board is CAD$10,000 and shouldn't be divided. Others (More like ancillary fees), as advised from when I joined this journey, were to be putting CAD$3,000 to cover for flights and other fees that may be incurred. I said this some time ago and someone dragged me to show them a link to prove it. But that's what Frankrobbn taught us.

So, KRTL, don't divide it. CAD$10,000 is for room and board. You can leave others blank if you so desire.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Technix,

Not really so. The room and board is CAD$10,000 and shouldn't be divided. Others (More like ancillary fees), as advised from when I joined this journey, were to be putting CAD$3,000 to cover for flights and other fees that may be incurred. I said this some time ago and someone dragged me to show them a link to prove it. But that's what Frankrobbn taught us.

So, KRTL, don't divide it. CAD$10,000 is for room and board. You can leave others blank if you so desire.

Bolded got me grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
Monex007:
the deadline for course registration in my school was jan 20th and the school advised that after that day if one had not gotten approval form IRCC yet its best to defer to the September semester which i did.
on the 26th of jan i got my ppr and had my visa stamped by jan 31 already my school had deferred my admission (new LOA came out on the 29th).
Now my question is how early can I travel to Canada given that I'm not starting school anytime soon and do i need to send my new LOA to IRCC ?

please i'll appreciate any advice or any one that has experienced something like this

Hello Monex,

Congrats on your approval. Now you need to send your New LOA to IRCC for the update. Following the Covid-19 pandemic, students are allowed to travel to Canada at most a month to the resumption of their classes. Few students have traveled way before class resumption and got permitted into Canada while some were turned back at the airport. So as not to risk the waste of airfare, wait towards the end of July or 1st august to embark on your journey. So long as your counterfoil expiring date is way beyond August 2022, you can wait ok.

My humble opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Teemenzo:

Bolded got me grin grin grin grin

My Mannest man Teemenzo. The dragging weakened me. They will still tell you the more fund you show the better, when you now show them where to attach the fund in IMM form, they will still ask you to show them proof of where it was stated in IRCC.

Hope you're doing great? Still waiting for that good news. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
I need your answer to this question. I am applying for a study permit through the new portal, and I am expected to click yes or no if my children will be accompanying me to Canada, I am applying for only myself at this moment, though they will join me later. should I click yes or no?
secondly, I did traditional marriage only grin grin grin. Is it enough if i upload my traditional marriage certificate?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ketima:

My Mannest man Teemenzo. The dragging weakened me. They will still tell you the more fund you show the better, when you now show them where to attach the fund in IMM form, they will still ask you to show them proof of where it was stated in IRCC.

Hope you're doing great? Still waiting for that good news. Amen

I'm doing very great. God is holding me together. Hopefully the good news drops soon. E ma bami yo very soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
Four weeks or less before your start date is reasonable.

Yes, please send your new LOA via webform (advice according to IRCC Twitter handle)

But try to be sure that by the time you enter Canada, the medical exam you submitted for visa application would not be older than 12 months (according to IRCC website)

Anyone with a personal experience might give a better advice.

Monex007:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
Haremuh:

Inbox me
Done, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hi Ketima, it doesn't really matter. The minimum fund requirement is 10000 and one is not obligated to go beyond it.

If one likes, one can put all the 10000 under room and board and leave the Others blank. Or put 10000 under room and board and put additional amount under Others. Or one can divide the amount between the two (the important thing is that the total should meet or go beyond the minimum fund required).

During my application, I put 6000 under room and board, and 5000 under Others, because Quebec required 11000. The visa was approved.

I am also attaching a screenshot as advised from McGill University website.

Ketima:

Hello Technix,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by username12: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
Yes, I did upfront medical a day after submitting my application.
emmalextemtop:

Uhmm

Before you started sending the mails, have you done your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
They are not coming with you as at the time of application, it's 'No'.

You could obtain an affidavit of declaration of marriage and upload with traditional marriage certificate.

efeturi3:
I need your answer to this question. I am applying for a study permit through the new portal, and I am expected to click yes or no if my children will be accompanying me to Canada, I am applying for only myself at this moment, though they will join me later. should I click yes or no?
secondly, I did traditional marriage only grin grin grin. Is it enough if i upload my traditional marriage certificate?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
technix:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
quote author=Ketima post=109920140]

Hello Technix,

Not really so. The room and board is CAD$10,000 and shouldn't be divided. Others (More like ancillary fees), as advised from when I joined this journey, were to be putting CAD$3,000 to cover for flights and other fees that may be incurred. I said this some time ago and someone dragged me to show them a link to prove it. But that's what , don't divide it. CAD$10,000 is for room and board. You can leave [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OtunbaBlack(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
BeejayB:

To be honest there’s no rule to this thing.. I got my study visa with a Diploma admission not even PGD as long as you can convince them on why you’re following that path with the right documents you will be fine… all the best

So how’s the sop suppose to look like? Since there as to be lots of convincing. Sorry for the inconvenience. O plan to go the diploma way too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Divinedxtrovert(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
OtunbaBlack:

So how’s the sop suppose to look like? Since there as to be lots of convincing. Sorry for the inconvenience. O plan to go the diploma way too

I have always wanted to ask this question too.

Please anyone with answers??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
Why not IOM?

femmybet:
CONGRATS TO ALL PPRs.

PPR HOPEFULS...IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE

NA WA OOOO

QLIFE IS FULLY BOOKED FOR FEBRUARY

LEMME JEJELY BE WAITING FOR MARCH FOR MY MEDICALS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ibom2345: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day people,

please how long(post study visa) does Canada give? I had initially thought they don't give and once your study is over youcome back but someone just told me you can stay for 3years.

Thanks for the response in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
arcbodqueen:

Good evening,

Pls I just get an admission into university of Manitoba, pls is it possible to get a sponsor for my undergraduate program and how can I go about it.

Google m power financing. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.