Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920550 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by survivex: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
My gurus in the house, I need your help.

I have a concern and I need your opinion.
As part of my proof of fund, I have about 13000 USD in crypto, I want to convert to Naira and used it for fees.
I also have some money geared up in my mutual fund and pension account.
My wife will also be used as my co-sponsor.

Please how do I present the financial evidence? Especially the 13k USD I will convert to naira?
Also, if I have an affidavit of sponsorship, do I still need to draft a letter of sponsorship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DamilareOla: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Amen.

Thank you

Oni22:

Congratulations Man..God that did it for you will do mine for me and my family this month in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
survivex:

As part of my proof of fund, I have about 13000 USD in crypto, I want to convert to Naira and used it for fees.

Please how do I present the financial evidence? Especially the 13k USD I will convert to naira?
Also, if I have an affidavit of sponsorship, do I still need to draft a letter of sponsorship?

Baba do GIC with the funds.

But wait for gurus to throw more light.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
technix:
You can distribute 10,000CAD between room and board, and other.

You can put 5,000 under room and board, and 5,000 under other.

bro pls how did u go Abt getting full funding

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
survivex:

Use the funds to do GIC.. This mutual and pension account, i dy fear am.

Your wife can be your co-sponsor. Since you have a letter of sponsorship, you will not need an affidavit. They are both one and the same

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello Koklanre

If its pass the processing time, please go ahead..

The prescribed doss is 5 mails in the morning, 3 mails at night until you get an update from IRCC..

Peace
kokolanre123:
Boss thanks for always

Our application is 3 months old today .

Do you suggest i start mailing IRCC Morning and night

Thank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello fogechi

Account cant stand as home ties though. You even mentioned its inactive, I wont advise you include it though..

The bolded are majorly the home ties, if you have assets and also valuable properties, they can also be included..

Peace
fogechi:

Thank you all for the answers I got.

I want ask, to show more home ties, can I add my biz account , the account activity is not much and its currently inactive on CAC website. Aside the biz as home ties, I have 4 kids and my wife is a civil servant. I also have aged parents.

Do you advice I still include the Company account.

Makano, ketima, sam796476, anonymous,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
Yes you can..

But make sure you have good narrations for the batch payments, for a convincing explanation when drafting your SOP/LOE..

Peace
WiZiggy:
So to avoid lumpsum, can one be gradually paying into the account until the whole supposed lumpsum is deposited? No matter how long it takes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanleyawa: 12:23am On Feb 04, 2022
My little experience though I don't think there is any specific timing to reopen fill. But just know that it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Hello Blessing

You application is a long time though.. What steps have you taken so far as regards this delayed application of yours..

Its hightime you took continuous actions if you want a response from them..

Peace
blessingflow:
Honestly fam, I know it's always advised that after submitting application, one should go about other businesses of life but this isn't easy at all. I have been trying to focus on other things but as the day goes by, I'm getting depressed, so much fear in my heart.
Submitted my application July 2021...haven't heard from them since then.

Pls house, I need your prayers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ikemummy(m): 2:07am On Feb 04, 2022
Greetings everyone. Please I need your advice. I am an international student in Canada. On the 9th of November 2021, I used the service of a registered Canadian Immigration Consultant to submit a visitor visa for my spouse and 1 year old daughter for the purpose of family reunification. The application has passed the normal processing time and no feedback from IRCC. I Have received 2 updates about the application via MP. In the first update on 12 Dec 2021, they said IRCC is reviewing for eligibility. In the second update this week Monday, they said update received from IRCC is not different from what they received in Dec 2021(which suggest no progress since then). This week, my consultant sent a webform to inform IRCC that the application has passed the normal processing time but no response yet.
The application was submitted via a designated portal for registered Canadian Immigration consultants. Please is it advisable for me to submit another application using the new portal such that I have two active applications? I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 3:00am On Feb 04, 2022
ikemummy:
Greetings everyone. Please I need your advice. I am an international student in Canada. On the 9th of November 2021, I used the service of a registered Canadian Immigration Consultant to submit a visitor visa for my spouse and 1 year old daughter for the purpose of family reunification. The application has passed the normal processing time and no feedback from IRCC. I Have received 2 updates about the application via MP. In the first update on 12 Dec 2021, they said IRCC is reviewing for eligibility. In the second update this week Monday, they said update received from IRCC is not different from what they received in Dec 2021(which suggest no progress since then). This week, my consultant sent a webform to inform IRCC that the application has passed the normal processing time but no response yet.
The application was submitted via a designated portal for registered Canadian Immigration consultants. Please is it advisable for me to submit another application using the new portal such that I have two active applications? I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot.

You can submit another one. Once a decision is made on one application, the other will be cancelled. I don’t believe that the application will be processed faster with the new portal. The processing time for a work permit made outside Canada takes considerably longer for Nigerians. The current processing time for Nigeria is almost one year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 4:01am On Feb 04, 2022
Please is there anyone else here studying or has been offered admission for a MASc degree in Memorial University of Newfoundland?

I just got an offer but the tuition fee written on the offer letter is much different from what is on their website so I am confused.

The total program fee on their website is 10k CAD but 29k CAD is what is written on the offer letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 5:35am On Feb 04, 2022
itsmolep:

Has your eligibility started?

Yes, after the ghost update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 7:08am On Feb 04, 2022
hayoBams:
Good afternoon everyone,

I am Gathering documents for my 16 year old son's application
I am his sponsor, currently I already have the following documents:
Business CAC
House documents
His Int. Passport
His birth certificate
LOA(it hasn't dropped but hopefully this February)
Do I need to get a deed of gift or it isn't needed for minors?
please can someone give a reply to this question wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:10am On Feb 04, 2022
hayoBams:

I just read about this gift deed thing, i dont think there is any harm to it

But let's hear from the gurus here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:
Please is there anyone else here studying or has been offered admission for a MASc degree in Memorial University of Newfoundland?

I just got an offer but the tuition fee written on the offer letter is much different from what is on their website so I am confused.

The total program fee on their website is 10k CAD but 29k CAD is what is written on the offer letter
Masc has special fee lol that’s why it’s 29k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 04, 2022
There's no need to gift anything

hayoBams:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Nikky6:

Masc has special fee lol that’s why it’s 29k

Imagine, this wasn’t even stated in the tuition and fees section of their website. I would have gone for MEng instead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2022
survivex:

Use it to pay your tuition fee. You don't need to show VO how you paid your tuition fee and GIC. All you need to show is the receipt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by imarrpopson: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:

Maybe you checked the fee for their MEng programs.
The MASc program attracts a special fee. It is stated at the bottom of the page you check the tuition fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by peluscoten(f): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:

i appplied for master in employment relations and yet to get a response from them, when did you apply? and when did you get an offer?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2022
imarrpopson:

Maybe you checked the fee for their MEng programs.
The MASc program attracts a special fee. It is stated at the bottom of the page you check the tuition fee.

Can I ask for my program to be changed to MEng?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2022
peluscoten:

i appplied for master in employment relations and yet to get a response from them, when did you apply? and when did you get an offer?

I applied since last year September.. Its like they even forgot about the application.

I emailed them yesterday to ask why the decision was taking so long and they sent the acceptance letter immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by peluscoten(f): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:

I applied since last year September.. Its like they even forgot about the application.

I emailed them yesterday to ask why the decision was taking so long and they sent the acceptance letter immediately.

PLS CAN I GET THE MAIL ADDRESS YOU MAILED SO I CAN DO THE SAME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2022
peluscoten:

PLS CAN I GET THE MAIL ADDRESS YOU MAILED SO I CAN DO THE SAME

I emailed my department office, yours is different. Search their website for your specific department’s office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 9:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Thank you sir.

I went ahead with my upfront medical last week of January, and have also started raising webform. Though I have only raised one webform. Pls sir, what is your advise for me?

makano:
Hello Blessing

You application is a long time though.. What steps have you taken so far as regards this delayed application of yours..

Its hightime you took continuous actions if you want a response from them..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by peluscoten(f): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:

I emailed my department office, yours is different. Search their website for your specific department’s office.

Thanks my chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2022
Thank you so much for your reply
Do not mind my frequent questions, I'm just being curious so as not to make any mistake in the application
Contradicting to what you said,I saw alot of posts here on nairaland with people saying they submitted a gift deed.
Me not including a gift deed for my son. Would it mean because he's a minor.
Crystal10395:

There's no need to gift anything

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buchito1(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2022
hayoBams:
Good afternoon everyone,

I am Gathering documents for my 16 year old son's application
I am his sponsor, currently I already have the following documents:
Business CAC
House documents
His Int. Passport
His birth certificate
LOA(it hasn't dropped but hopefully this February)
Do I need to get a deed of gift or it isn't needed for minors?
He's still a minor and I think there's no need of doing a Gift Deed.

Just try praying his first year tuition fees and include Tution Receipts to his application.

And show how you'll be more than capable to footing the bills for other years. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Yes. It's your "sole" duty to sponsor him. They wouldn't expect him to have any funds of his own. If you can pay his tuition that would be advisable rather than gifting him the amount.

hayoBams:
Thank you so much for your reply
Do no mind my frequent questions, I'm just being curious so as not to make any mistake in the application
Contradicting to what you said,I saw alot of posts here on nairaland with people saying they submitted a gift deed.
Me not including a gift deed for my son. Would it mean because he's a minor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:32am On Feb 04, 2022
@buchito1,@crystal10395
Thank you both for your replies
I really appreciate your contributions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.