Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (919890 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2022
The tuition estimate on your letter is your actual tuition fees. They probably haven't updated the website. But I know MUN increased tuition. Maybe it's a special fee.
Semtu:
Please is there anyone else here studying or has been offered admission for a MASc degree in Memorial University of Newfoundland?

I just got an offer but the tuition fee written on the offer letter is much different from what is on their website so I am confused.

The total program fee on their website is 10k CAD but 29k CAD is what is written on the offer letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by everydayboy: 10:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Please my people, I need advice or contact or anything on notarizing letter of sponsorship and gift deed from my elder brother in the UK. Baba dey skeptical on how to go about it.

Can it be notarized here? He is based in the UK and all SOA and Reference na there, but he wants to transfer the funds in his naira account here to me. Hence, the notarized gift deed.

Please help a brother with info.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by imarrpopson: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2022
Semtu:

Can I ask for my program to be changed to MEng?

You can try but the requirements are quite different. Did you secure a supervisor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Balloo(m): 10:54am On Feb 04, 2022
Hi, just started following this thread, not sure where to begin. I'm filling out an application for a Canadian university. Any advice on how to complete this section?

Attached.

Special Circumstances
To be considered for admission, all applicants must meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the University Calendar. The most competitive applicants will have consistently high academic achievement in their previous degree programs. Other aspects of a graduate application, including strong reference letters, research experience, standardized test scores, and statement of purpose can contribute to the competitiveness of a graduate application. The School of Graduate Studies recognizes that, for some applicants, financial hardship, community responsibilities, socioeconomic or other exceptional circumstances might have had a significant impact on their academic performance. If relevant, please describe these circumstances below. Otherwise, please type “N/A” in the section below.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by imarrpopson: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2022
Balloo:
Hi, just started following this thread, not sure where to begin. I'm filling out an application for a Canadian university. Any advice on how to complete this section?

Attached.

Special Circumstances
To be considered for admission, all applicants must meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the University Calendar. The most competitive applicants will have consistently high academic achievement in their previous degree programs. Other aspects of a graduate application, including strong reference letters, research experience, standardized test scores, and statement of purpose can contribute to the competitiveness of a graduate application. The School of Graduate Studies recognizes that, for some applicants, financial hardship, community responsibilities, socioeconomic or other exceptional circumstances might have had a significant impact on their academic performance. If relevant, please describe these circumstances below. Otherwise, please type “N/A” in the section below.

The instructions are quite clear. If there are SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES you would like them to know, write it there. If there isn't any type 'N/A'.
This is for MUN right?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ybahrbz91: 11:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Good Morning House.

Thanks for all you do.

My brother was issued visa for Bsc admission in Saskatchewan last year but he differed the admission. He also got a College admission in Nova Scotia. He planned to switch to the College on getting to Canada.

My Question goes thus;

How long can one hold a Canadian Student Visa before traveling?

When should he inform the IRCC of his switch to College in Nova Scotia?

Thanks for you response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Balloo(m): 11:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Yea, it is for MUN.

I am thinking of making a case for an average CGPA. Not impressed with the CGPA as graduated with a 2.2 when I believe I could have done better if not for factors like unorganisation - school time table/ personal timetable, not necessarily finances... If anyone ever felt the need to explain why they could have done better but didn't grin wink

imarrpopson:

The instructions are quite clear. If there are SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES you would like them to know, write it there. If there isn't any type 'N/A'.
This is for MUN right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jioke1994(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hi guys!
Wishing u all ppr this month.
Pls, my friend wants to pay tuition.
He wants to make use of form A. He needs guidance.
I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Jioke1994:
Hi guys!
I appreciate.

He can go to the bank, find his account and tell them he wants to pay his school fees using form A .. they will give him a form to fill for it and direct him on it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jioke1994(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ok.
Tnx a bunch.

Davidbanky:

He can go to the bank, find his account and tell them he wants to pay his school fees using form A .. they will give him a form to fill for it and direct him on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pay through CBN portal www.tradesystem.gov.ng even if you go to bank they will still tell you to make payment through CBN portal. Once you login, it will direct you on how to fill form A. I paid 4 days ago through the portal. Very easy and straightforward.

Jioke1994:
Hi guys!
I appreciate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello blessing

You have every right to disturb them with mails informing them that your application is passed the processing time and your resumption date is getting close..

Send at least 5 mails day and night, everyday until you get a response. You can also order for your gcms notes while you are still waiting , that will also let you know what actually is causing the delay..

It may be that they are in need of an information or a document from you, and they haven't sent you the request yet.. So your Gcms notes will come in handy here..

So do as advised without relenting until you get a response from them.. Be consistent with the mails..

It will end in praise..

Peace
blessingflow:
Thank you sir.

I went ahead with my upfront medical last week of January, and have also started raising webform. Though I have only raised one webform. Pls sir, what is your advise for me?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello ybahrbz

1. A Year

2. Changing your DLI if you’re outside Canada

If you change your DLI before coming to Canada and you don’t inform IRCC , you won’t be allowed to board your flight.
If your application is still in progress, you can inform IRCC that you changed your DLI by submitting a new letter of acceptance using the IRCC web form or email.

If your application has been approved

If your application for a study permit has been approved and you change your DLI, you must submit a new study permit application with a new letter of acceptance.

You must also pay all the fees for the new application.

Peace
ybahrbz91:
Good Morning House.

Thanks for all you do.

My brother was issued visa for Bsc admission in Saskatchewan last year but he differed the admission. He also got a College admission in Nova Scotia. He planned to switch to the College on getting to Canada.

My Question goes thus;

How long can one hold a Canadian Student Visa before traveling?

When should he inform the IRCC of his switch to College in Nova Scotia?

Thanks for you response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello guys,

Please how can I make payment for my visa application considering naija cards have a limit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
Good Afternoon house,

@anon123, makano, teemenzo and other gurus

Please pardon my wahala on this platform

It's been more than a week I applied for my permit, I went ahead to book for medicals for February ending

Please I need to know if I am on the right track by booking for medicals before official request comes from IRCC or I should just patiently wait for them

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
I doubt if it would be possible, without additional steps. MEng at MUN is thesis-based and you are strongly advised to contact a supervisor before applying.

Often, thesis-based programs are cheaper because (among other ressons) they are funded by the supervisor or the department. But they are more difficult to get, because you need a supervisor before applying.

Semtu:

Can I ask for my program to be changed to MEng?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tacogado: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2022
I got admitted to university of Manitoba you can call me on this line 08165933687 or WhatsApp 08089331831
Brainboxman:
Hello Nairalanders, please may I know who got admission to University of Manitoba, Canada or is currently an international student?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
vividlooks:
Hello guys,

Please how can I make payment for my visa application considering naija cards have a limit?

How much are you paying..

235cad or 150cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
vividlooks:
Hello guys,

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
If you think your case is cogent, this is an opportunity.
Many factors can lead to a low GPA. Also, if there are ways to show that you have a potential for a higher GPA if not for circumstances, (e.g. you won awards for excellence at workplace, you gained research experience and published a paper) , you can also use them to corroborate your case.

Balloo:
Yea, it is for MUN.

I am thinking of making a case for an average CGPA. Not impressed with the CGPA as graduated with a 2.2 when I believe I could have done better if not for factors like unorganisation - school time table/ personal timetable, not necessarily finances... If anyone ever felt the need to explain why they could have done better but didn't grin wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello femmybet

There is no issue with what you did..

After your medical examination, make sure you upload your E-Medical sheet via webform or emails..

Peace
femmybet:
Good Afternoon house,

It's been more than a week I applied for my permit, I went ahead to book for medicals for February ending

Please I need to know if I am on the right track by booking for medicals before official request comes from IRCC or I should just patiently wait for them

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello vividlooks

Make use of an Access bank debit card, their limit is $300.. If not, then you can do flutterware..

Peace
vividlooks:

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Gracias!

God bless you sir

makano:
Hello femmybet

There is no issue with what you did..

After your medical examination, make sure you upload your E-Medical sheet via webform or emails..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munaedo: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
Good afternoon House. Pls I’m a first time applicant trying to put documents together for my study permit. My sponsor has all documents required of a sponsor except for Tax Clearance Certificate. Though he said he has applied but it’s yet to come out. Pls should I go ahead and apply and send d Tax Cert via webform when it comes out or wait until it comes out? My admission is for May and I maybe running short on time. Pls gurus in the house guide me @makano, @justmellow @ketima and others pls help me out as you response would be greatly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by niyoposh: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ikemummy(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thank you very much. I am grateful.
bullstriker:

You can submit another one. Once a decision is made on one application, the other will be cancelled. I don’t believe that the application will be processed faster with the new portal. The processing time for a work permit made outside Canada takes considerably longer for Nigerians. The current processing time for Nigeria is almost one year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NansNans(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
I lost my passport,I want to apply for new one.Can I use the data page of my lost passport to apply for student visa while waiting for the new one.Considering the time it takes for visa decision I don't want to apply for Visa late.Guru's in the house please I need your help on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
femmybet:
Good Afternoon house,

Thank you

Its not a problem boss.. You are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
NansNans:
I lost my passport,I want to apply for new one.Can I use the data page of my lost passport to apply for student visa while waiting for the new one.Considering the time it takes for visa decision I don't want to apply for Visa late.Guru's in the house please I need your help on this

Do not use the data page of the lost passport reason because the passport number on the lost one will be different from the number on the new.

This will cause you a problem when you want to do your biometrics, medicals or have your passport stamped as you will need the passport physically when doing either of these.

Get a new one and apply to avoid HAD I KNOWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Anon123:

Google can get you colleges like Lambton, conestoga etc.

Go on each school and check out the duration of the course you are interested in.

Do you have a bSC or HND?

what about me I am 28 year already have a bsc can apply for another bsc in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Activateoluwase:
Pay through CBN portal www.tradesystem.gov.ng even if you go to bank they will still tell you to make payment through CBN portal. Once you login, it will direct you on how to fill form A. I paid 4 days ago through the portal. Very easy and straightforward.

Which bank did you use pls? I am using Titan trust for mine. I applied since last week Friday and my application status still says ADB_reviewer. I visited the branch today to find out what is going but they said I have to wait till they approve it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
DREAMZZZ:
what about me I am 28 year already have a bsc can apply for another bsc in canada?

Bro, you will be denied based on purpose of visit. I will advise your pursue a pgd in a course related to your work interest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.