Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906585 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 12:42am On Jun 14, 2022
Armah22:
Can we travel with indomie onion? Please replies will be appreciated
there should be indomie in Canada, that should be your least source of worry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 1:11am On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeff5gold: 1:39am On Jun 14, 2022
Chiboy200:
@Jeff5gold am 29yrs, lemme b open to u so as to receive the best advice from u, it's a 2yrs course (keyano college in Edmonton) and d total tuition fees fr 1yr + 10cad fr 1yr expens =26000cad=8.5m in naira and I paid 750cad as deposit, so now d agent handling d visa processing has deposited 8.5m into my new fidelity acc but he said i will have to use my parent as my sponsor and that only my bank statement will b submitted but d truth b told even my parents don't even knw about this am doing as they don't even live with me, pls Jeff I need ur better advice on this, I have spent a lot on this and I don't wish to lose those money have spent on this pls help

I haven’t seen a situation where you will use your parent as sponsor and don’t use their bank statement….someone correct me if I’m wrong.
To be on a safe path, just get up to $30000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeff5gold: 1:41am On Jun 14, 2022
JDB55:
Please bro, can you explain more about this part. some persons course might not have a co-op just like you mentioned.

Co-op is what we do in Nigeria as industrial training (IT). With this, you will get experience in that filed which can enable you apply for jobs anywhere in Canada with a 98% chances of getting the Job.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vtino13(m): 3:01am On Jun 14, 2022
Jeff5gold:
You see, I don’t know why people especially Nigerians are scared of applying for a diploma program because someone somewhere said you will be going for a lower degree meanwhile here in Canada other countries especially India don’t joke with 2 years diploma program, in my department, all the Indians there are all BSC holders including myself. The non BSC holders are the Canadian citizens. I’m not advising you to leave your masters for a diploma oooo…..it hurt me to see few Nigerians in colleges and bundle of them in the university spending huge money on fees. Meanwhile the goal is to get a permanent residence
4 years university— 3 years post graduate work permit
2 years college ——3 years post graduate work permit.

Meanwhile after your college nd getting a permanent residence, you can go back to the university if you want to and you pay less.

Wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ecdcyber: 3:23am On Jun 14, 2022
we are in the same shoe, can we connect? I sent a dm

Balina:
Good day bosses,

Please I need a roadmap to follow for applying for study permit and CAQ. I am confused about the whole process. I have been offered admission by Concordia University and my program start date is 5th of sept. I know the next steps to take to complete my admission are;

1. Pay acceptance fee
2. Send my official transcript to the school
3. Apply for study permit and CAQ

I can get step 1 and 2 done easily, but for step 3, I only know the process for US. I have read through the first page, but it ended up confusing me more.

PLEASE house I need a guide or roadmap on the steps to take in order to apply for study permit and CAQ.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Arlanda: 4:06am On Jun 14, 2022
Nelson2k:
I understand you frustration. God will perfect your next application.

What's your timeline please? Was your medical passed? And which part of Europe did you apply from?

I applied from Sweden.

You don't need medical or police report if you apply from here.

I applied January ending and I sent emails to them to made decision last week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 4:21am On Jun 14, 2022
Well said jeff5gpld
I could remember wen I got an admission at centennial college which was about 9k per semester and for York uni which was about 18k, someone told me to go for york uni,that I'll look inferior found for a diploma, mind you I'm an undergraduate.
I thank God I didn't pick York uni, because they would have requested for a tuition deposit , of which I don't have.
Jeff5gold:
You see, I don’t know why people especially Nigerians are scared of applying for a diploma program because someone somewhere said you will be going for a lower degree meanwhile here in Canada other countries especially India don’t joke with 2 years diploma program, in my department, all the Indians there are all BSC holders including myself. The non BSC holders are the Canadian citizens. I’m not advising you to leave your masters for a diploma oooo…..it hurt me to see few Nigerians in colleges and bundle of them in the university spending huge money on fees. Meanwhile the goal is to get a permanent residence

Meanwhile after your college nd getting a permanent residence, you can go back to the university if you want to and you pay less.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 4:26am On Jun 14, 2022
This is me thanking God in advance for my ppr, I know he'll do it for me.
To everyone else expecting we shall all testify by the grace of God.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 4:32am On Jun 14, 2022
He'll also do it for me too
Iamgrac:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 4:33am On Jun 14, 2022
Today being June 14, is exactly one month since I submitted my application.
God I'm next to testify
May 14 applicant here

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 4:45am On Jun 14, 2022
OnyeukaO:

Try University of Alberta

With 2:2? I won't advise that except candidate has atleast 80% GPA in the last two years of study. UofA is top ranked and will likely receive llots of competitive applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 4:46am On Jun 14, 2022
Hello Gurus,

So after firing the routine mails and web forms to Nairobi, Lagos, and Abuja offices, I woke up to this mail from IRCC main this morning.

What do you make of this, experienced folks. And do you recommend I keep firing or wait on the presumption that they may have touched my case file?

April 30th applicant. Family x5 application.

Your feedback is most appreciated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 14, 2022
Iamgrac:
I will testify to my PPR this week in Jesus name. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rasakiopoewa: 6:39am On Jun 14, 2022
Good am guys.Can someone tell me the meaning of (criminality-passed-bio) Do we have another pattern of criminality that will need to be check apart from (bio) as indicated on the gcms note.
Again, medicals will have to be completed before 25th of this month and I got a slot for the 15th at qlife.The clinic will take 3-10 working days to upload which may slip over 25th. Any implication or consequence with this?
Received my gcms note and this what I found

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2022
Hi bro please kindly recommend a course for a bsc (edu) in business adm,and have work experience of 10yrs in business mgt,but wanted to further in education line.i know am goin for diploma course course I finished with third class,but I need advice on course to go for curs I wanted to go back to my education line.pls ur input will surely go a long way for me.and pls my neco result is 5credit excluding math,but I have English hope am good to go pls.

I haven’t seen a situation where you will use your parent as sponsor and don’t use their bank statement….someone correct me if I’m wrong.
To be on a safe path, just get up to $30000[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 6:40am On Jun 14, 2022
amila20042001:
My dear you are about the 4th person telling him that his view is not valid and that nobody is attacking nobody.
He has shown his type of personality and how he reacts to external stimuli.
The moniker is relatively new on nairaland, and maybe someone told him to come here and get all the answers to his numerous questions regarding Canada Japa.
Them tell am say the salary big but them no tell am say em go work

You are correct, and as far as I can tell, the moniker nah all those agent in mask.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2022
Cannyboy:
Hi bro please kindly recommend a course for a bsc (edu) in business adm,and have work experience of 10yrs in business mgt,but wanted to further in education line.i know am goin for diploma course course I finished with third class,but I need advice on course to go for curs I wanted to go back to my education line.pls ur input will surely go a long way for me.and pls my neco result is 5credit excluding math,but I have English hope am good to go pls.

To be on a safe path, just get up to $30000

I want to ask if you have been working in education line.

I also want to advise that your work experience overrides your academic qualifications due to your ten-year study gap. Hence, you should consider a course related to your job experience. This will show career progression.

Again, I want to also make you see the difference between Diploma, Advance Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma: when you said you knew you would be going for diploma, I hope you meant PGD, PGC or PostBaccDip even though diploma is not out of options

You must show the bank account statement of your sponsor. That is how they'll see the money is available or the source of the money if the money is transferred into your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baphil: 6:53am On Jun 14, 2022
send to me, let me help interprete -
baphilscomestics@gmail.com

Benstephen9:
Just received my gcms note today... how will I know my application is in good order
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baphil: 6:56am On Jun 14, 2022
This is a generic email sent to anyone who contacts them through webform or any other means.

So I will advise you keep writing to them. All the best.

olokings:
Hello Gurus,

So after firing the routine mails and web forms to Nairobi, Lagos, and Abuja offices, I woke up to this mail from IRCC main this morning.

What do you make of this, experienced folks. And do you recommend I keep firing or wait on the presumption that they may have touched my case file?

April 30th applicant. Family x5 application.

Your feedback is most appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baphil: 7:03am On Jun 14, 2022
Your criminal record has been checked out especially in other countries and you are not found wanting. It is a good one

Upload your medicals yourself through webform once they tell you everything is okay.

Your PPR is here soon! - Once they update your medicals on your profile platform.

Congratulations are in order!!!���

Rasakiopoewa:
Good am guys.Can someone tell me the meaning of (criminality-passed-bio) Do we have another pattern of criminality that will need to be check apart from (bio) as indicated on the gcms note.
Again, medicals will have to be completed before 25th of this month and I got a slot for the 15th at qlife.The clinic will take 3-10 working days to upload which may slip over 25th. Any implication or consequence with this?
Received my gcms note and this what I found
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2022
Thanks for your reply,to your first question,my work experience is on bus mgt,second question is all I want is a course that can guarnty me sure partway,pls kindly recommend a better one.and pls don't forget my neco result.thanks
ShowYoung:

I want to ask if you have been working in education line?

I also want to advise that your work experience overrides your academic qualifications due to your ten-year study gap. Hence, you should consider a course related to your job experience. This will show career progression.

Again, I want to also make you see the difference between Diploma, Advance Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma: when you said you knew you would be going for diploma, I hope you meant PGD, PGC or PostBaccDip.

You must show the bank account statement of your sponsor. That is how they'll see the money is available or the source of the money if the money is transferred into your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2022
Jeff5gold:

Look India economy is far better than Nigeria economy...see below
1cad = 60 Indian rupee
1cad = 323 Nigeria naira
Also 1cad = 6 ghana cedis
Can you see the different in terms of exchange rate..

VO will also weigh job prospects in home country vs program of study to make a decision..so the question is what can or will someone do with a diploma since the person already have bsc is same program of study or when your previous study is different from your area of current employment and diploma is below degree level..with limited employment prospects in home country

You won't find this funny...The main reason of visa refusal or approval is all centered on economic prospects of a country..

In summary blame Nigeria politicians for damaging Nigeria economy which brought about visa application or high rate of visa applications to other countries including refusals cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations

Stbabe4545:
My people, my people. God is indeed wonderful. My ppr landed today. Timeline loading............ Let me clear my head first. My story too long
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations

soloblink:
May his name be praise lord of host.
join me and thank God,
i got a mail saying my visa have been approve
looking forward to send my passport.
thanks every one here, because without your comment here i wont be able to do it.
i am not the talking type, i just follow people footstep, by reading through and making sure all document are ready.
thanks once more.
more visa approver is on the way just have faith it will work.
Fanshawe student pls hit me up let talk. 08030950241
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2022
Cannyboy:
Thanks for your reply,to your first question,my work experience is on bus mgt,second question is all I want is a course that can guarnty me sure partway,pls kindly recommend a better one.and pls don't forget my neco result.thanks

To get you more chances of visa approval, I will advise you stick to your business administration (practical) not in education/teaching because you have spent 10 years practising in the profession. You have no teaching experience if I guess right.

Although wishing to switch career is not impossible but you need a strong SOP, reasons and evidence to successfully convince the VO.

For courses you may consider:

PGD Business Management– Human Resources
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147503784&location=Toronto

PGD Business Management.
FANSHAWE COLLEGE.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/bmt1b-business-management/next

PGD Business Analytics.
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147527870&location=Mississauga

When you say "sure pathway," I hope you mean courses that can guarantee sure pathway to PR. If yes, all the course stated above are PGWP eligible.

If you meant courses that are highly in-demand, I will advise you go for IT and Health courses. Since you have business background, I will recommend you go for Data Analytics or Business Analytics because these courses are IT courses and relevant for applicants with business background.

PGC. Business Analytics.
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147527870&location=Mississauga

PGC Business Analysis.
FANSHAWE COLLEGE.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/ban2-business-analysis/next

PGD Data Analytics.
Langara College.
https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/data-analytics/index.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2022
Good morning guys!!! pls is there any surveyor that can value my properties for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Benstephen9: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2022
Got my gcms I need someone to interpret

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2022
Stbabe4545:
My people, my people. God is indeed wonderful. My ppr landed today. Timeline loading............ Let me clear my head first. My story too long

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oremeter: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2022
Good morning everyone. I really appreciate the information I'm seeing here. Please my question is concerning the study visa SOP. I have looked around to see where I could get major tips from but to no avail. Abeg anybody who has written this before should please write some major key points, under this message, I should put in my SOP.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by larryrichie: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2022
@Jenny255 Thanks it work it has been approved i really appreciate your help

Jenny255:

Hi Larry,
My advice is to initiate the Form A again, this time use a different branch of Ecobank but one that’s easily accessible to you just incase there’s need to visit the branch.

Docs to upload:
Int’l passport bio data page
Invoice for school fees (if you are paying using a third party firm, then attach theirs as well)
Degree certificate (preferably but you can use your statement of result in absence of this)
Admission Letter (from the Canadian school)
Instruction letter (authorizing your bank to debit you)

I hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.