Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906483 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Really appreciate my brother,a will details.but pls is are this courses two years program or a year program.
ShowYoung:

To get you more chances of visa approval, I will advise you stick to your business administration (practical) not in education/teaching because you have spent 10 years practising in the profession. You have no teaching experience if I guess right.

Although wishing to switch career is not impossible but you need a strong SOP, reasons and evidence to successfully convince the VO.

For courses you may consider:

PGD Business Management– Human Resources
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147503784&location=Toronto

PGD Business Management.
FANSHAWE COLLEGE.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/bmt1b-business-management/next

PGD Business Analytics.
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147527870&location=Mississauga

When you say "sure pathway," I hope you mean courses that can guarantee sure pathway to PR. If yes, all the course stated above are PGWP eligible.

If you meant courses that are highly in-demand, I will advise you go for IT and Health courses. Since you have business background, I will recommend you go for Data Analytics or Business Analytics because these courses are IT courses and relevant for applicants with business background.

PGC. Business Analytics.
LAMBTON COLLEGE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147527870&location=Mississauga

PGC Business Analysis.
FANSHAWE COLLEGE.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/ban2-business-analysis/next

PGD Data Analytics.
Langara College.
https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/data-analytics/index.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2022
Well you heard right,
It's either you use this form A route.
Or better still find someone whom you trust very much to help you pay in dollars and you'll transfer the naira equivalent to the person.
Mind you be very careful about this option, as there are a lot of scams out there.
Derick01:
I heard this method takes long these days for banks to send the money.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2022
LILIAN75:
Who is travelling to Alberta ( Calgary) for September semester, let's connect. Send me DM

I’m still hoping for ppr soon

What school??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2022
May we testify to the grace of God very soon.
Nelson2k:
We applied the same day lol. Also waiting for ppr

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2022
Seriously,
They need to do better.
Nelson2k:
Canada needs to improve their visa application. The seems to be the only Advanced country that takes so long to approve or deny visa ( 12 weeks ). In 21st century?? That's insane

They need to improve their technology and manpower. Visa shouldn't take more than 10 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2022
May God bless you. You nailed it like no other.

MORAL LESSONS

1. So imagine when him/her Joined, and started asking questions, no one answered, please tell me, will the person still be here? Absolutely not!
2. If I asked a question here and I get answers within few hours or a day, then I'm expected to also provide my timeline within few hours or a day after my PPR

Toceen2022:

Lemme tell you a straight fact... There's nothing like looking at this thing in another angle. No matter how long someone has been on this thread, it's certain that the person joined one day. So imagine when him/her Joined, and started asking questions, no one answered, please tell me, will the person still be here? Absolutely not!
They may end up paying agents huge amount of money, because this platform is the only reliable DIY you can ever see. Even agents always hang around for information/knowledge.

This platform has been in existence for over a decade (based on the other threads I've checked out). And it continues to be because many people keep giving information based on new developments. If it was to stopped in thread 10 or 11, we will only be available with outdated information... Providing timelines keep this thread going with latest updates and informations.

If I asked a question here and I get answers within few hours or a day, then I'm expected to also provide my timeline within few hours or a day after my PPR. Anything outside that shows I'm pathetically ungrateful, and this applies to anyone who is on this thread.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2022
Good day everyone,

Can someone please respond to this post with a template for extension of payment of tuition fee to he sent to the school.
Because it seems first bank and my village people are working hand in hand lol grin.
Adb disbursement reviewer for the past 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2022
Cannyboy:
Really appreciate my brother,a will details.but pls is are this courses two years program or a year program.

Some are two years while some are one year programs.

You can click on each link to check them one by one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Buks03: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2022
Toceen2022:

Lemme tell you a straight fact... There's nothing like looking at this thing in another angle. No matter how long someone has been on this thread, it's certain that the person joined one day. So imagine when him/her Joined, and started asking questions, no one answered, please tell me, will the person still be here? Absolutely not!
They may end up paying agents huge amount of money, because this platform is the only reliable DIY you can ever see. Even agents always hang around for information/knowledge.

This platform has been in existence for over a decade (based on the other threads I've checked out). And it continues to be because many people keep giving information based on new developments. If it was to stopped in thread 10 or 11, we will only be available with outdated information... Providing timelines keep this thread going with latest updates and informations.

If I asked a question here and I get answers within few hours or a day, then I'm expected to also provide my timeline within few hours or a day after my PPR. Anything outside that shows I'm pathetically ungrateful, and this applies to anyone who is on this thread.

@Toceen2022 I agree with you honestly. Life is about give and take. Not everyone follows the rule. You might give this person today and take from another person tomorrow, life is not that hard. I have seen cases on this platform where by people drop their timeline and they never asked question on the platform, but they feel the need to share coz it can help few people and they might have learnt one or two things from peoples questions. They are ghost viewers just like me. And on the other hand some people here have asked questions and didn’t get back to the group when they got their PPR.
I’m still asking the same question? Would you have known if he didn’t announce his PPR? Calling him out after three days doesn’t make sense to me. It can be over looked till he comes back for another question. Or better still remind him in a polite way. It not like if he doesn’t drop another person wouldn’t.

This is not me encouraging anyone no to drop, you can’t tell what anyone is going through aside this platform, what if he was going through something with the intention of dropping his time line afterwards. It’s a different case if our study permit depends on his. Then I can understand the desperation. But it doesn’t, it can only help by dropping it.

Let’s just take things easy.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2022
Why do I have this feeling “recommended interview” is when they are about to assess your eligibility ?
Benstephen9:
Got my gcms I need someone to interpret
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by teebullion1(f): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2022
Please I sent you an email, kindly respond. I have a few concerns and I will appreciate your help.
Thank you

Predator188:

Look India economy is far better than Nigeria economy...see below
1cad = 60 Indian rupee
1cad = 323 Nigeria naira
Also 1cad = 6 ghana cedis
Can you see the different in terms of exchange rate..

VO will also weigh job prospects in home country vs program of study to make a decision..so the question is what can or will someone do with a diploma since the person already have bsc is same program of study or when your previous study is different from your area of current employment and diploma is below degree level..with limited employment prospects in home country

You won't find this funny...The main reason of visa refusal or approval is all centered on economic prospects of a country..

In summary blame Nigeria politicians for damaging Nigeria economy which brought about visa application or high rate of visa applications to other countries including refusals cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tanimofe: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Long Post and testimony time!!!!

Been on Nairaland for more than 5yrs - it started with the US birth trend, of which I was denied a visa twice when I wanted to birth to my son in 2018, I took time off from the Japa struggle, and 2020/ 2021 started again on another UK Student Visa trend, after everything I was denied twice again, I cried my eyes out, am like " e bi like say my head no travel out of this country" told God he was not fair to me, after all my struggle, he could not even pity me because of my kids and answer my UK visa plans. I gave up, faced my work, and invested my money in some properties.
I met a friend who encourage me again, and advised I don't give up. i told him I was going to think about it, in my mind am like this one does not know am done with all this wahala.
after a rethink, took a step of faith, got admission and gbam visa process started.
Timeline: submitted March 27th
Upfront Medical: 28th March
Biometrics: April 1
Medical updated to pass: April 21st
then the wait .......
on the 7th of June, was reading through the trend and saw when someone posted mailing the embassy, na so me too summon courage ooo, I mailed and the following day eligibility started.
Behold: MY PRR dropped yesterday 13th June.

my hands were checking to open the mail, and here comes my visa approved.

1st-time applicant, I have never travelled out of the country before, I declared all my refusals, and am 40yrs old. Those that tell you something? DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations!!!!!

Please i need to reach you
we share soooo much in common!

pearlies100:
Very Long Post Alert!!

I got admission December 2020 for Fall 2021 in University of New Brunswick but could not apply immediately because I was due to give birth in January 2021. I planned to submit my application in March but thanks to our immigration service, it took over 3 months before I could get passport for my baby despite paying through my nose for expedited processing. I ended up submitting our application on the 9th of June 2021 due to this delay. I was advised to put in mine while waiting for the passport but going without my children was not an option. We applied as a family, Myself, husband and 3 children. My husband applied for SOWP and visiting visa for my children because they're not up to school age.

Aside from the wahala of having to convince the VO and the fact that we are close to our mid 40s, two things stood against us. We had applied to visit Canada in 2019, but were denied, reason given was that we will not come back and false information in my husband's application, he didn't disclose his denial for US visa. We had applied for US visa a month earlier but the consular officer decided to give myself and my son but refused my husband. When we asked for the reason, she said she had none but was making a split decision. It was an oversight on my part because I filled our forms, I did mine first and just edited same form for my Husband and son. I forgot to change that part.
The second issue was my husband had a health condition and no information on how it was handled by IRCC. He didn't want to apply with us because he was scared he would ruin our chances but it was a no no for me. How will I manage with 3 small boys while studying.
We decided to use agents to help with our application but when I heard the price, I ran away quickly, not in this Buhari's economy.

I used same SoP I used to get my admission because I had no time to start afresh, I just edited it and in addition explained why I was doing a second masters (I have an MBA, same with my husband), how it would be beneficial in Nigeria and course not available in my country. I also addressed the issue of the denial in 2019 stating we never planned to break any visa rule and pointed them to our travel history to show that we have never overstayed in the countries we have visited. I also had to explain the false information in my husband's SoP stating it was an oversight. Reason given for going with my children is that they were too young to be left behind and I need my husband to take care of them. He runs his business and will take time off to support me in my career advancement. Reason given for him applying for work permit is that he wants work part time to gain experience that he would apply to his business back home and also support his family while in Canada.

Application was submitted 9th of June and the wait started, UNB gave us ultimatum of 13th of September to get our study permit or defer. We would not be allowed to even start online without it. I had no choice but to defer to September 2022. I wrote to IRCC but got generic responses. I got Nairobi email address from this forum and sent several mails. At some point, they stopped responding. I decided to fast and pray first week in February, a friend gave me Abuja email address, I sent a mail to them on the 7th and got a response on the 9th to go for medicals. I was so excited that finally, we have made progress. My husband and I did ours first. We had to disclose his condition and he was asked to go for further test, the tension of waiting was not easy especially on his part, mine was updated on the 19th while his was updated on the 22nd. We finally crossed that hurdle. Then our kids were asked to go for theirs a month later. Theirs was updated on the 23rd of March. I was asked to submit an updated application letter from the school and I also had to send a new passport because of the expiry date on the one I submitted. My hope was that within a month we should be done with this whole process. Then another wait started. I started writing to IRCC every other week from April but they didn't respond to any of my mails. I saw a format on nairaland 3 weeks ago to use to send email reminders but still no response. I decided to chill until the one year anniversary of our submission. At this point I was tensed because so many things were hanging, cost of ticket was rising, I needed to give enough notice to my boss to get my replacement before leaving. I entered another fasting and prayer last week, I had no other option. On the 10th of June, that's last Friday, someone posted the email address of different Visa Offices. I started sending mails to all of them. I also sent message to IRCC's twitter account and was about to send to London VO when I saw 7 donotreply emails. I first of all panicked and was afraid to open the mail. It was like a miracle, finally after one year of waiting, this came through. I also pray for those waiting patiently to get yours quickly in Jesus name, Amen!

My timeline:

Application Submitted: 9th of June 2021
Medical Request for me and my spouse: 9th February, 2022
Medical Passed: 19th and 22nd February 2022
Medical Request for my children: 9th March 2022
Medical Passed: 23rd March 2022
BVL: 10th June 2022
PPR: 10th June 2022

Documents submitted:
Myself:
IELTS Result
Police Clearance Certificate
Resume
Marriage Certificate
BSC and Masters Certificate
Proof of Current Employment
Travel History
Land Documents
Proof of Fund: Joint Account (had to explain the source of a lump sum), Dorm Account, Children's individual account, savings from office cooperative and RSA account (I stated this was for back up).

Spouse:
Police Clearance Certificate
Company Registration
Land Documents
Travel History

Children:
Birth Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:54am On Jun 14, 2022
Buks03:

I’m still asking the same question? Would you have known if he didn’t announce his PPR?

This is not me encouraging anyone no to drop, you can’t tell what anyone is going through aside this platform, what if he was going through something with the intention of dropping his time line afterwards. It’s a different case if our study permit depends on his. Then I can understand the desperation. But it doesn’t, it can only help by dropping it.

Let’s just take things easy.
There's something called CONSCIENCE, it helps us do the right thing.

If what I'm going through didn't stop me from dreaming of going to Canada and asking questions here... I believe it will never stop me from giving back to the platform that made that dream a reality.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations...... I am the next to be celebrated. #March10

tanimofe:

Been on Nairaland for more than 5yrs - it started with the US birth trend, of which I was denied a visa twice when I wanted to birth to my son in 2018, I took time off from the Japa struggle, and 2020/ 2021 started again on another UK Student Visa trend, after everything I was denied twice again, I cried my eyes out, am like " e bi like say my head no travel out of this country" told God he was not fair to me, after all my struggle, he could not even pity me because of my kids and answer my UK visa plans. I gave up, faced my work, and invested my money in some properties.
I met a friend who encourage me again, and advised I don't give up. i told him I was going to think about it, in my mind am like this one does not know am done with all this wahala.
after a rethink, took a step of faith, got admission and gbam visa process started.
then the wait .......
on the 7th of June, was reading through the trend and saw when someone posted mailing the embassy, na so me too summon courage ooo, I mailed and the following day eligibility started.

1st-time applicant, I have never travelled out of the country before, I declared all my refusals, and am 40yrs old. Those that tell you something? DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chimzy4real: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2022
Hi.
Please what course and how long did it take for you to get an admission decision?

Balina:
Good day bosses,

Please I need a roadmap to follow for applying for study permit and CAQ. I am confused about the whole process. I have been offered admission by Concordia University and my program start date is 5th of sept. I know the next steps to take to complete my admission are;

1. Pay acceptance fee
2. Send my official transcript to the school
3. Apply for study permit and CAQ

I can get step 1 and 2 done easily, but for step 3, I only know the process for US. I have read through the first page, but it ended up confusing me more.

PLEASE house I need a guide or roadmap on the steps to take in order to apply for study permit and CAQ.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone!
pls can someone help me with emails for Nairobi, Lagos, and Abuja offices
Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ok bro
ShowYoung:

Some are two years while some are one year programs.

You can click on each link to check them one by one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
QuinM:
Hello everyone!
pls can someone help me with emails for Nairobi, Lagos, and Abuja offices
Thank you so much!

Emails:

High Commission, Lagos
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

High Commission, Abuja
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

High Commission, Nairobi
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
Teezkid:
Why do I have this feeling “recommended interview” is when they are about to assess your eligibility ?
I feel that’s the meaning too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tymally: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
tanimofe:

then the wait .......

Congratulations, please did you have to print out the family form, sign and upload or you only filled it online without printing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you so much!

ShowYoung:

Emails:

High Commission, Lagos
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

High Commission, Abuja
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

High Commission, Nairobi
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OneLocalMan: 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello House.

Please I need help, assistance and answers

1. Please how much is the minimum amount for proof of funds when traveling with Spouse for with a study visa

2. Which would you consider to be far better when the aim is to acquire Post Graduate Work Permit that possible leads to PR ~ One Year PGD or Two Year PGD

3. If the company you currently work for in Nigeria is sponsoring your study Visa, is it mandatory to attach the company bank statement, especially if it’s a Large firm that has Branch in USA and Nigeria, what is the best way to convince the VO that the company is capable of financing their staff study program.

Thanks I look forward to the guru help and explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Charley97: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone. I am a newbie here and I recently just graduated from a Private University here in Nigeria. I studied Computer science and I am looking forward to start my application to any University in Canada for my MSc program. I meet with an Agent to help me with my application but the Agent told me I can’t get any admission into any University in Canada because I graduated with a 2.2(lower class). I was introduced to this thread by a friend who told me I can get help from here. Please Guru’s in the house I need help with my application. Can I get an admission to any low tuition University with 2.2 . Please I want to try and get my application done correctly and I don’t want to fall in the hands of Agents. I’ll appreciate any response from you guys. Any school recommendations would be appreciated too please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Oremeter:
Good morning everyone. I really appreciate the information I'm seeing here. Please my question is concerning the study visa SOP. I have looked around to see where I could get major tips from but to no avail. Abeg anybody who has written this before should please write some major key points, under this message, I should put in my SOP.

Thanks

See here

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/523#100849022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
Toceen2022:

Thank you, case closed. Its up to Filanodivine to do the needful. And if not, we all move.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oremeter: 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello, please what happens if my Gckey application is delayed for more than 60 days, and may I reapply? It appears that their website is undergoing maintenance today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
Charley97:
Hello everyone. I am a newbie here and I recently just graduated from a Private University here in Nigeria. I studied Computer science and I am looking forward to start my application to any University in Canada for my MSc program. I meet with an Agent to help me with my application but the Agent told me I can’t get any admission into any University in Canada because I graduated with a 2.2(lower class). I was introduced to this thread by a friend who told me I can get help from here. Please Guru’s in the house I need help with my application. Can I get an admission to any low tuition University with 2.2 . Please I want to try and get my application done correctly and I don’t want to fall in the hands of Agents. I’ll appreciate any response from you guys. Any school recommendations would be appreciated too please. Thank you

Yes your agent is right, admission with a 2.2 to a Canadian university is slim, cos the minimum requirements of Canadian Universities for Masters is a 2.1 and a strong GPA in your Last two years in the University i.e 400L & 500L (if your undergraduate degree is a 5 years program or 300L & 400L if your undergraduate degree is a 4 years program).

Your best shot is a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG.CERT) or a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in a COMPUTER SCIENCE related program at a college

That being said, what branch/area of Computer Science are you interested in

e.g
Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, IT business Analysis, Business Analytics, Mobile Application Development, Web Development,
Software Development etc. ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Charley97:

Candidly, it will be difficult to secure an admission into a master's degree program in Canada.

The only circumstance when it's possible is if your grade is 77% or more in the last two years or two semesters.

If your GPA is not around 77% or more, kindly settle for PGD.
There are many PGD/PGC/PostBaccDip courses relating to Computer Science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dangervu(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
quick one house is the approval of form A determined by the bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damask: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good day house. Thanks for your previous responses. You are all appreciated.

My previous issue was that no info since my application was made. Even after doing my upfront medical, I did not get any update.

Based on the advice I got here, I sent mail to IRCC and IOM but no response. This is what I kept seeing on my portal. Please, what more can I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.