Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914930 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RothimyZ(m): 9:00am On Jun 14, 2022
Hello guys,

As a follow up to my request here yesterday asking for way to go abt gcms note, wifey checked with the bank (access) this morning and was told all cards have been disabled for all online payment. She told her that she learnt the limit is $20/day but the lady insisted that debit cards can no longer be used for online payment. Has anyone experienced this?

And pls again if you are Anon123, @justmellow pls try and contact me (timix06@yahoo.com) or drop your email. I have been trying to reach you with no luck. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2022
Hahahahaha. No vex Old G Nairalander. I really didn't know nairaland existed before now ooo or it is based on when you register a profile that makes you a newbie. I am sorry Sir/Madam. You really need to widen your thought process about resources tho. If the whole of Nigeria comes here, I still retain my point which is 'There are positive ways to address a concern rather than your approach'

'Hey @xxxxx, please could you share your timeline, it will really go a long way in helping others here' or 'Hey @xxxxx, please could you share your timeline, it will really go a long way in helping others here, here is the information you need. hoping to receive your timeline'.

Which one is it is disheartening and you are expecting help from other people and you want them to help you and all the negativity you brought to the guy because he announced he had received his PPR. What if he didn't announce. take a second and think!

If you would ask me, perhaps your personality is the one that needs a reform. You will get much more from people from being positive no matter how frustrated you maybe!

amila20042001:
My dear you are about the 4th person telling him that his view is not valid and that nobody is attacking nobody.
He has shown his type of personality and how he reacts to external stimuli.
The moniker is relatively new on nairaland, and maybe someone told him to come here and get all the answers to his numerous questions regarding Canada Japa.
Them tell am say the salary big but them no tell am say em go work

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nelson2k: 9:20am On Jun 14, 2022
We applied the same day lol. Also waiting for ppr

hayoBams:
Today being June 14, is exactly one month since I submitted my application.
God I'm next to testify
May 14 applicant here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2022
Please drag me oooo. If asking that we be a little patient with people and address them in a positive way is your reason for wanting to drag me. You can go right ahead! I am waiting!

You people have chosen to read what you want to because your mindset is stuck on one thing. I have not said do not drop, quite frankly I think people should. 3 days fa and you are all over the guy. But where they don't, what do you want to do about it? Do you think responding negatively is the way to go and will make them do it? No need to address them with a negative connotation. Just request simply and politely.

Teemenzo:

Me wey be say 8 get rope plenty for house. I ready to drag ooo.

Innit2022, no make me drag you oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hafeez6948: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2022
Jenny255:

Thank you.

So I’ll send a mail to CIBC for the payment instruction right?

Jan 2023, Masters - International Acct and Finance

There's a link on uwindsor website, the fee payment section that links you to cibc from there u can input the right information and a payment instruction will be generated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations to all PPR holders.....for the past one week

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2022
Innit2022:
Please drag me oooo. If asking that we be a little patient with people and address them in a positive way is your reason for wanting to drag me. You can go right ahead! I am waiting!

You people have chosen to read what you want to because your mindset is stuck on one thing. I have not said do not drop, quite frankly I think people should. 3 days fa and you are all over the guy. But where they don't, what do you want to do about it? Do you think responding negatively is the way to go and will make them do it? No need to address them with a negative connotation. Just request simply and politely.

The truth you don't know is if people have been holding back information, the said person wouldn't have gotten anything here without paying for it. If droping timeline is a issue for many of you. No issues, you are free to go. Nobody is holding anybody at ransome here. If we call ourselves a Nairaland family, we should act as one. You are free to hold on to your opinio. Many people have shared their testimonies here based on the timeline and documents shared by previous successful applicants.

It is not too hard to give back to this community.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2022
E-family

I just received my GCMS now
Kindly interpret please

"The pre-Assessment Notes: TH: CAN refusal declared" what does this mean please

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2022
I remember how this said person come online to ask questions and people will answer. Even some will encourage and support the person just to avoid unnecessary anxiety.

Epo egusi ti wa di ohun ai ji ri mo. It's not meant to be.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 9:45am On Jun 14, 2022
adepeju1911:
E-family

Kindly interpret please

Pls check your outgoing correspondence and also check the last page if there is any comments there. Check your page 11-13 to see any info you can gather too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2022
Jeff5gold:

I haven’t seen a situation where you will use your parent as sponsor and don’t use their bank statement….someone correct me if I’m wrong.
To be on a safe path, just get up to $30000

Hello @Jeff5gold @Teemenzo @ShowYoung,

From the quoted message, does it mean my sponsor has to definitively transfer all the living expenses and school fees to my account? In my own case, M24, my sponsor is sending 15k CAD to me and showing like 76k CAD in fixed deposit and maybe like 20k CAD in some other accounts and I also make roughly 2500CAD a month myself. This is after paying compulsory tution deposit of 2k CAD.

This should fly right? With the right bank statements and expanations?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations...I will also be testifying today in Jesus' name.

Stbabe4545:
My people, my people. God is indeed wonderful. My ppr landed today. Timeline loading............ Let me clear my head first. My story too long

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LILIAN75: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2022
What date and month did you choose when you book? Because I discovered date closer to first of September is on the high side

Philthomas649:
I booked it myself, albeit a one way ticket, not a round trip. I guess that's why it's cheaper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 9:52am On Jun 14, 2022
Balina:
Good day bosses,

Please I need a roadmap to follow for applying for study permit and CAQ. I am confused about the whole process. I have been offered admission by Concordia University and my program start date is 5th of sept. I know the next steps to take to complete my admission are;

1. Pay acceptance fee
2. Send my official transcript to the school
3. Apply for study permit and CAQ

I can get step 1 and 2 done easily, but for step 3, I only know the process for US. I have read through the first page, but it ended up confusing me more.

PLEASE house I need a guide or roadmap on the steps to take in order to apply for study permit and CAQ.

I saved some helpful links here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nf9zMuhZE0gQRlRboHfTfOUQjg85dE_Dyj_PU7Q83S8/edit?usp=sharing

You can checkk them and probably the messages around them. The links in the document all come back to this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2022
RothimyZ:
Hello guys,

As a follow up to my request here yesterday asking for way to go abt gcms note, wifey checked with the bank (access) this morning and was told all cards have been disabled for all online payment. She told her that she learnt the limit is $20/day but the lady insisted that debit cards can no longer be used for online payment. Has anyone experienced this?
Yes... 100% correct.
CBN has instructed all banks to disable international transactions on all debit cards in Nigeria. This happened just few days before all their primaries started...

Even Access bank Xclusive Plus package that we paid almost ₦90,000 to get the card for international limit of $2000 monthly has been disabled... Everything in this country is just upside down undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations...I will also be testifying today in Jesus' name.

soloblink:
May his name be praise lord of host.
join me and thank God,
i got a mail saying my visa have been approve
looking forward to send my passport.
thanks every one here, because without your comment here i wont be able to do it.
i am not the talking type, i just follow people footstep, by reading through and making sure all document are ready.
thanks once more.
more visa approver is on the way just have faith it will work.
Fanshawe student pls hit me up let talk. 08030950241
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2022
Jeff5gold:
You see, I don’t know why people especially Nigerians are scared of applying for a diploma program because someone somewhere said you will be going for a lower degree meanwhile here in Canada other countries especially India don’t joke with 2 years diploma program, in my department, all the Indians there are all BSC holders including myself. The non BSC holders are the Canadian citizens. I’m not advising you to leave your masters for a diploma oooo…..it hurt me to see few Nigerians in colleges and bundle of them in the university spending huge money on fees. Meanwhile the goal is to get a permanent residence
4 years university— 3 years post graduate work permit
2 years college ——3 years post graduate work permit.

Meanwhile after your college nd getting a permanent residence, you can go back to the university if you want to and you pay less.
is the diploma 2yrs and also pls have u heard of mpower that give student loans?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2022
adepeju1911:
E-family

Kindly interpret please

Please what website did you use to order your gcms notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2022
Teemenzo:

Pls check your outgoing correspondence and also check the last page if there is any comments there. Check your page 11-13 to see any info you can gather too

Baba, I can't gather anything. The one pages I was able to see notes are the ones I attached.

6months of waiting. God abeg ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2022
Eligibility is recommend passed. That's a good sign, though you might want to consider going for another medicals. It says the one on your file is expired else that may send you MER

adepeju1911:
E-family

Kindly interpret please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2022
kiari:

Please what website did you use to order your gcms notes.

GET GCMS

Google it. I don't want to drop the link here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yunqdady: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Wow. This is serious underage o. My son is 15years and i cant even imagine sending him to another country all by himself. Has he/she already graduated from sec school at 14 years. This is unbelievable. Please check am again. This is still a child that needs so much parental guidance o.

No hurry in life.

Even 14 finishing school is too early.
I've spoken to such children and they all said they hated it and won't wish it in their own children. 16 is still ok.
That's how I saw a 12yo in 100level. This guy still plays with sand yet was pushed to 100level.
I currently have a 18yo 500level level student. Fine he's trying academically but emotionally and psychologically, he's not yet there.. Parents should stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by legenduq(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2022
Congrats!

soloblink:
May his name be praise lord of host.
join me and thank God,
i got a mail saying my visa have been approve
looking forward to send my passport.
thanks every one here, because without your comment here i wont be able to do it.
i am not the talking type, i just follow people footstep, by reading through and making sure all document are ready.
thanks once more.
more visa approver is on the way just have faith it will work.
Fanshawe student pls hit me up let talk. 08030950241
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Buks03: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2022
Teemenzo:

The truth you don't know is if people have been holding back information, the said person wouldn't have gotten anything here without paying for it. If droping timeline is a issue for many of you. No issues, you are free to go. Nobody is holding anybody at ransome here. If we call ourselves a Nairaland family, we should act as one. You are free to hold on to your opinio. Many people have shared their testimonies here based on the timeline and documents shared by previous successful applicants.

It is not too hard to give back to this community.

@Teemenzo I don’t think you understand him, I think you should read all he has been saying from another angle, maybe you’ll get a better understanding. He never said no one should drop their timeline, For obvious reason is also here for those information. He is only saying we can be polite with our manner of approach. Would this have even happened if he didn’t announce his PPR? No one would have known not to talk of dragging him. But the other lady sound entitled. I guess that’s where the problem lies on. Being positive will also encourage more people to announce their timeline.

Ok. Let’s just use this scenario as an example
Mr A gave Mr B 50naira today
Then Mr A needs Mr B Favor the the following day,
Then Mr B said: I have this but you’ll give me some time.

What if Mr B doesn’t get back to Mr A? How will you handle this

Would you have sent a reminder this way?“ I helped you when you needed me. You should return the favor”

It will go a long way if you approach him politely by saying “ helping me with this would really help…..

My Opinion though

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2022
adepeju1911:
E-family

Kindly interpret please

Have you been denied a Canadian visa in the past?
From my own perspective I would take ;
TH: Travel History.
CAN refusal declared : would mean you answered yes when answering the question ; have you been denied a Canadian visa in the past.
Lastly as you can see it is noted under pre-assesment note. Which mostly likely means this are info you must have given them when you submitted your online application.
Please note that this is from my own view and I am not 100% sure if it is correct or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LILIAN75: 10:39am On Jun 14, 2022
This is awesome encouragement. Can I send you DM. I will be coming to Calgary Alberta in August. Thank you.
Jeff5gold:
I miss those days of coming here to ask and answer questions regarding Canada student visa. It’s almost a year since I arrived in Canada and what I have achieved, I don’t know if I will be able to achieve it in Nigeria in the next 5 years. I was lucky to get a job at Coca-Cola which I receive $20.3 per hour. I have successfully paid my fees of 8k for September term and looking forward to pay January fees before the end of August.
Why I’m sharing this is because, I want you all to put more effort in your journey to Canada if being on a student visa can change my life in less than a year with all the regulations associated with student visa, imagine if it was a work permit.
Disregard those who discouraged people about the cold …that same cold I walk on it to work.

Text me when you arrive in Canada. I want to see your smile grin grin
#Edmonton,Alberta

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2022
You go sabi argue blindly, you fit even cry join d argument. You are new here, you dont know how we roll here. How many people don tell you say nobody dey attack nobody, na so we de roll for here.
Learn na. stop crying us a river

Innit2022:
Hahahahaha. No vex Old G Nairalander. I really didn't know nairaland existed before now ooo or it is based on when you register a profile that makes you a newbie. I am sorry Sir/Madam. You really need to widen your thought process about resources tho. If the whole of Nigeria comes here, I still retain my point which is 'There are positive ways to address a concern rather than your approach'

'Hey @xxxxx, please could you share your timeline, it will really go a long way in helping others here' or 'Hey @xxxxx, please could you share your timeline, it will really go a long way in helping others here, here is the information you need. hoping to receive your timeline'.

Which one is it is disheartening and you are expecting help from other people and you want them to help you and all the negativity you brought to the guy because he announced he had received his PPR. What if he didn't announce. take a second and think!

If you would ask me, perhaps your personality is the one that needs a reform. You will get much more from people from being positive no matter how frustrated you maybe!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LILIAN75: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2022
Who is travelling to Alberta ( Calgary) for September semester, let's connect. Send me DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 10:44am On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations, how long did it take for it come back?

Aitchugo:
Hello guys
My passport was stamped and returned last week. I'm looking to book my flight. Please could you help me with airlines I could use. I know only of British Airways and Air canada. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2022
Buks03:

@Teemenzo I don’t think you understand him, I think you should read all he has been saying from another angle, maybe you’ll get a better understanding. He never said no one should drop their timeline, For obvious reason is also here for those information. He is only saying we can be polite with our manner of approach. Would this have even happened if he didn’t announce his PPR? No one would have known not to talk of dragging him. But the other lady sound entitled. I guess that’s where the problem lies on. Being positive will also encourage more people to announce their timeline.

Ok. Let’s just use this scenario as an example
Mr A gave Mr B 50naira today
Then Mr A needs Mr B Favor the the following day,
Then Mr B said: I have this but you’ll give me some time.

What if Mr B doesn’t get back to Mr A? How will you handle this

Would you have sent a reminder this way?“ I helped you when you needed me. You should return the favor”

It will go a long way if you approach him politely by saying “ helping me with this would really help…..

My Opinion though

Lemme tell you a straight fact... There's nothing like looking at this thing in another angle. No matter how long someone has been on this thread, it's certain that the person joined one day. So imagine when him/her Joined, and started asking questions, no one answered, please tell me, will the person still be here? Absolutely not!
They may end up paying agents huge amount of money, because this platform is the only reliable DIY you can ever see. Even agents always hang around for information/knowledge.

This platform has been in existence for over a decade (based on the other threads I've checked out). And it continues to be because many people keep giving information based on new developments. If it was to stopped in thread 10 or 11, we will only be available with outdated information... Providing timelines keep this thread going with latest updates and informations.

If I asked a question here and I get answers within few hours or a day, then I'm expected to also provide my timeline within few hours or a day after my PPR. Anything outside that shows I'm pathetically ungrateful, and this applies to anyone who is on this thread.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2022
The tution fee deposit is 2650 dollars
nnegud3322:

Yes oh...we're here oh

But mine is January intake
Please how much is their tuition fee deposit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you very much sir
ShowYoung:

Ensure the account is sufficiently funded.
If after days your account has not been debited, you can contact the customer care service for enquiry

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.