Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (916681 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
Congrats �
Teemie22:
Thank God ooooooooooooo
It’s PPR guys!!!

I still want to believe I’m dreaming o, I was still complaining my medical and biometric wasn’t updated. I got a don’t reply message from ircc, I was thinking it’s medical and biometric update only to see PPR guys �������

Application submitted: May 8
Upfront medical: March 28 (updated to pass this morning)
Biometrics: May 13th (updated to pass this morning)
PPR: June 27th.

This can only be God, I didn’t see this coming ������

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED

Letter of acceptance
•LOA
•Tuition deposit receipt

National identity document
•NIN

Passport/travel document
•Passport data page

Funds (proof)
Sponsor 6months bank statement
4 months Personal bank statement
Sponsor’s employment letter
Sponsor’s promotion letter
Sponsor’s house documents
Personal employment letter

Additional documents
SOP
Copy of Birth Certificate
Primary Scul certificate
Second school testimonial
University certificate
Waec certificate
Ciin certificate
Ielts
Transcript
Resume
Leave letter
Police Character Certificate

Letter of Sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship

Family pictures
Family birth certificates
Mum’s death certificate

Thanks to @justmellow for the SOP. Thanks to everyone who drop information to make this journey easy. This thread gave me all the information I need, God will continue to bless everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
I hope they complete your payment soon.

Which bank did you use? And how long have you been waiting?

I want to pay my tuition soon. Which bank can you recommend as things stand now?

BenedictStinson:

Omo I have already extended flywires deadline once. How I wan take extend am again. This people should just try and hurry up o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 11:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Congrats !!!
Teemie22:
Thank God ooooooooooooo
It’s PPR guys!!!

I still want to believe I’m dreaming o, I was still complaining my medical and biometric wasn’t updated. I got a don’t reply message from ircc, I was thinking it’s medical and biometric update only to see PPR guys �������

This can only be God, I didn’t see this coming ������

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED

Letter of acceptance
•LOA
•Tuition deposit receipt

National identity document
•NIN

Passport/travel document
•Passport data page

Funds (proof)
Sponsor 6months bank statement
4 months Personal bank statement
Sponsor’s employment letter
Sponsor’s promotion letter
Sponsor’s house documents
Personal employment letter

Additional documents
SOP
Copy of Birth Certificate
Primary Scul certificate
Second school testimonial
University certificate
Waec certificate
Ciin certificate
Ielts
Transcript
Resume
Leave letter
Police Character Certificate

Letter of Sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship

Family pictures
Family birth certificates
Mum’s death certificate

Thanks to @justmellow for the SOP. Thanks to everyone who drop information to make this journey easy. This thread gave me all the information I need, God will continue to bless everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zzyzxx: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thank you.

oloyede1:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
That means I’ll have to apply for another passport once I’m settled in CA?
hillary4003:
it won't affect your application but you'll only be issued a maximum of 1 year and 3 months so to continue your education you'll need to apply for an extension of your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
Teemie22:
Thank God ooooooooooooo
It’s PPR guys!!!

wow! Congratulations. I have been looking out for your testimony cos we did biometrics the same day. So happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
yeah I paid in naira. The rate was at 493/CAD. Wetin man go do
nairagrounds:
Thanks for your response.

Did you pay in Naira? Isn't the exchange rate crazy?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
SaniceSanice123:
My school is yet to release the school fees for September intake. However, I had to use the former semester fees on their site to pay for my school fees. In my sop, I stated that “ the school fees is estimated at so….”. My school will release our payment of school fees by July but I want to submit before then, hope it won’t affect me?
it won't affect you. I estimated my school fees in my SOP as well and my visa was approved

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 11:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
you have 30 days from the date the letter is issued, you can ask for additional time but you will need to send a webform and provide a detailed explanation, you might have to do your biometrics in the country you're travelling to.
oloyede1:

Thanks for the fast reply.

What time frame must I do the biometrics?

Is it possible to extend in case I miss it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
DebrahOj:
Hello House, has anyone requested for MBS (myBankStatement) using their corporate account? GTB folks just told me that I can only generate MBS using my personal account.. If you've done this successfully, please let me know the process.
I got MBS for my zenith corporate. I did it through my phone app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
yes
Blakmandk:
That means I’ll have to apply for another passport once I’m settled in CA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 11:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
Eden2018:
wow! Congratulations. I have been looking out for your testimony cos we did biometrics the same day. So happy for you
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Vahn: 12:15am On Jun 28, 2022
illumined999333:
Has the loan application been approved? I asked your bank balance because, I wanted to know if an account balance of 5million naira would be enough for an mpower loan approval. I felt bad when you replied me the way you did. No be everybody be criminal.
loan has been approved since, and if i had 5million naira in my bank account, what made you think i will need aloan. I applied like an average international student who has no money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2022
nairagrounds:
I hope they complete your payment soon.

Which bank did you use? And how long have you been waiting?

I want to pay my tuition soon. Which bank can you recommend as things stand now?

Omo as things stand now I opened Jaiz and UBA just for this transaction and it's only GT my original bank that is showing progress so I can't really give a recommendation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zzyzxx: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2022
Thank you. Big Amen to both prayers. Canada will favour both of us in Jesus name.

Chiziteremary:
Congratulations. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zzyzxx: 12:30am On Jun 28, 2022
Thank you. That should be someone else because Nairaland prompted me that Zzyzx with a single "x" was already in use, so I had to use double "xx".

Yemlizzy:

Congratulations, your moniker seems familiar have you been on nairaland prior before now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 12:34am On Jun 28, 2022
Amen in Jesus name

amila20042001:
I pray the voice of favour mention our names into the ears of our visa officers. Favour will speak for me and everyone!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 28, 2022
If you don't mind me asking, did you only try GTB? I understand that you opened accounts with Jaiz and UBA. Did you use them at all?

BenedictStinson:

Omo as things stand now I opened Jaiz and UBA just for this transaction and it's only GT my original bank that is showing progress so I can't really give a recommendation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bioladebs93: 1:12am On Jun 28, 2022
smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 1:26am On Jun 28, 2022
That's a crazy rate.
Even black market rate on Nigerian Canadian platforms, it sold 475/ 480 pee cad.
Blakmandk:
yeah I paid in naira. The rate was at 493/CAD. Wetin man go do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 1:26am On Jun 28, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jogojogo: 2:14am On Jun 28, 2022
My cousin applied for study Visa using the old portal and got refused after six week.
We reapplied about three months ago. Upfront medical has been done and eligiblity review started over a month. Nothing more.
Can we reapply through the new portal?
Is it allowed?
Do they approve request through the old portal please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:27am On Jun 28, 2022
I will testify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kurukuru: 2:30am On Jun 28, 2022
Congratulations to those who have got their approvals. I also pray that those waiting for decisions would laugh and come here to testify. If student is coming to Newfoundland in this September. There is a shared two bedroom apartment available at a decent location in St John's. You can dm me for details.
Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:14am On Jun 28, 2022
nairagrounds:
If you don't mind me asking, did you only try GTB? I understand that you opened accounts with Jaiz and UBA. Did you use them at all?

Used all. Apart from GT the rest are still on ADB reviewer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AOROGBEM: 3:23am On Jun 28, 2022
yeleola:
My eligibility review commenced today after 5 months 10days. I am January 15 applicant. The waiting no easy ooooo.

Hello
Mine has been on review since February
November applicant
Still nothing yet till date
Sorry, do you have any idea on how to reach out to the member on parliament
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 3:27am On Jun 28, 2022
Eden2018:
it won't affect you. I estimated my school fees in my SOP as well and my visa was approved
Wow. Congratulations. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 28, 2022
My bro, on the mpower website I saw that you need submit a bank statement of $10000 as one of the requirements for your loan approval, that was why I asked how much the bank statement you submitted contain. And I'm still asking, and this time I hope you don't shun me.
Vahn:
loan has been approved since, and if i had 5million naira in my bank account, what made you think i will need aloan. I applied like an average international student who has no money.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 4:08am On Jun 28, 2022
[quote author=Omoba95 post=114158017]Congratulations!!! Did you have to do a covid test?

Mo I did not,Covid test is no longer required if you are fully vaccinated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 4:11am On Jun 28, 2022
Georgegreen86:

Wow congratulations!!
I saw 107k for extra 23kg or I didn’t read well ? Plz more light on this

Yes 107k,for an extra bag not excess kg oh,you can find out pricing from your airline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zzyzxx: 4:39am On Jun 28, 2022
sinorte:
Congratulations. If you've got some landing gists, please share.

After battling gen noise, finding the light due to power outage as well as FiberOne's internet service cutting off during my online tests, I eventually left 9ja on the 3rd of June, almost a month after I commenced classes online. It didn't feel like a long trip as I was able to catch up on lost sleep, and the 18 Euro internet package on the KLM flight helped me remain in touch with my spouse, siblings, and friends all through the journey.

Landed at Pearson International Airport in Toronto around 12:30 pm on the 4th. They now have a self-service kiosk at the airport where you'll have to scan your international passport, input some additional details like items you intend to declare to Customs, as well as the number of days you'll be staying in Canada (this got me doing some impromptu maths at the airport). The next step was to join the immigration queue with the slip I got from the self-service kiosk, my passport was stamped and I proceeded to another queue to get the study permit from the border services officer. This is where they did most of the questioning and checking of documents. They asked for the final approval letter, school admission letter containing the bill, evidence of payment of school fees (part or whole), etc. It's better to have all relevant documents as different people were asked various questions depending on their peculiarities—some were even asked when their second semester would start, and they were caught off-guard.

Sudbury is about 4 hours from the airport by car and about 7 hours by bus, but I wanted to experience the train (Via Rail), which is usually a 7-hour trip. My train ticket was for the 5th of June, so I slept at Airbnb in Brampton. The train trip ended up being 8 hours because the train track was undergoing some maintenance work. I loved the fact that I was able to experience the rail system, but it wasn't a satisfying experience. We are currently on a one week break, no lectures, no assignments, so using it to declutter my brain and achieve some non-academic tasks before another round of intensive course work commences next week.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyolie: 4:39am On Jun 28, 2022
Good morning please I want to know if there’s anyone here that has ever applied for study visa from another country. Am applying from Germany and I came here from Ukraine due to the war. Am married but my cousin will be my sponsor, do you think it will work be possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.