Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone (3264 Views)

My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone / I Blocked My Wife From All Communication Platforms / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by badoh(m): 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Though I'm yet to confront my wife on this as I need to gauge public comment if this act of her is tenable. This is how it goes.
My mum called me last week to know how we were doing( myself, my wife and our children). In such greetings, she will pray for us on the phone and wish us well. However, she told me she has been calling my wife's line for a couple of days but the number always returned busy. I never attached importance to this cos I thought it could be network issue. This week again, she called me to extend her greetings and told me to inform my wife that she has been trying to reach her on phone but her number is busy.
I was curious and wanted to know what actually happened. Around 10pm yesternight, my wife gave me her phone to charge for her as she was already feeling dizzy. I collected the phone and remembered what my mum told me. I went to check if my mum number was blacklisted on her phone, alas, my mum's number was actually blacklisted. I can't really comprehend why she would do such. I'm so disappointed in her for what she did. I had to snap the blacklisted part in case she wants to deny it if I eventually confront her. My mum is not the troublesome type, very calm and kind.
I dont know if I should confront her on this or I should keep it within myself. I can never think of doing such to her own parents.
Has anyone experience this before?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by maiiilooo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Calm down and ask her first before you take any action ... sometimes it happens, u can mistakenly place a person's number on blacklist and still don't know for a long time ..
It's normal with my Dad, he does that a lot and then he will call me and be like "please check my phone, I think it's having problem, people are finding it hard to connect with me " grin
So just chill and ask her first

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Skyflygang3: 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Fear woman I repeat run from woman they know themselves. Singing grin woman na him dey kill man ooo shocked maybe your mother they tell her don't kill my son for me ooo because thats what they all end up doing.. only red pillers will understand what I say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by faithfull18(f): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmn.
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by greenie77: 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
You live with your wife but feel a faceless forum like Nairaland should give you directions on how to resolve such an issue in your marital life?

It seems you are eager to have your wife being insulted here (if the story is true) even by folks who are not on speaking terms with their own parents nor siblings.

What has stopped you from raising it up with your wife, the very next morning since you already have the screenshot of the blacklisting to know the issue(s) if any, that led to the blocking?

Probably, you are itching to be told your wife hates your mother!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by oz4real83(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Richy4(m): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is the kind of situation that brews Cold war @ home.... I believe you told her that your mother has been calling.. so what was her response on why her phone was not reachable?....

If I was to be in your shoes, I will just ignore it... That's her phone and she can do whatever she wants with it... It's not enough for misunderstanding buddy..

But I will not forget to block her father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, sisters, brothers even their chickens.. or anything associated with her...If she asked, I will say I blocked them sweetie.., U started it first.. angry

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
maiiilooo:
Calm down and ask her first before you take any action ... sometimes it happens, u can mistakenly place a person's number on blacklist and still don't know for a long time ..
It's normal with my Dad, he does that a lot and then he will call me and be like "please check my phone, I think it's having problem, people are finding it hard to connect with me " grin
So just chill and ask her first

You made a nice point chief...
But I doubt that's the case...
No offense sir, but your dad is just like my dad and is "old fashion", the only thing that man knew is to call, message and read news finish, every other thing is stress to him grin cheesy...
But I seriously doubt OP's wife is that "old fashioned"...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
OP...
I think you should confront your wife...
Don't give her the impression that you know that she blacklisted your mum, cause she may misunderstand you and accuse you of going through her phone, and thus that could result in another issue undecided...

Just tell her "babe, is there a possibility that you mistakenly blacklisted/blocked mummy's number, cause she's being complaining of not being able to reach out to you for a while now", if she says no, then say "could I just check your phone to be sure?".... Her response after that will enable you know whether or not she did it on purpose,then you will know what to do from there....

Good luck Chief....

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by viceddy95(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Calm down Mr man and ask her why her number is not going through for your mum for some weeks now and hear her response,to determine you next step..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
badoh:
I went to check if my mum number was blacklisted on her phone, alas, my mum's number was actually blacklisted. I can't really comprehend why she would do such. I'm so disappointed in her for what she did. I had to snap the blacklisted part in case she wants to deny it if I eventually confront her. My mum is not the troublesome type, very calm and kind.
I dont know if I should confront her on this or I should keep it within myself. I can never think of doing such to her own parents.
undecided Let's assume she indeed intentionally blacklisted your mother, what do you intend to do to her and your marriage? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by yemmit90: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
It could be a mistake from her withiout knowing. Just ask her why she did so, if the response sounds intentional, then you should know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Acidosis(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
When a blacklisted number calls, you actually get the notification so there's no way your wife can play ignorant on this. You should have checked to confirm. However, this sort of issue could be resolved without necessarily coming online.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by adebayo3449(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
badoh:
Though I'm yet to confront my wife on this as I need to gauge public comment if this act of her is tenable. This is how it goes.
My mum called me last week to know how we were doing( myself, my wife and our children). In such greetings, she will pray for us on the phone and wish us well. However, she told me she has been calling my wife's line for a couple of days but the number always returned busy. I never attached importance to this cos I thought it could be network issue. This week again, she called me to extend her greetings and told me to inform my wife that she has been trying to reach her on phone but her number is busy.
I was curious and wanted to know what actually happened. Around 10pm yesternight, my wife gave me her phone to charge for her as she was already feeling dizzy. I collected the phone and remembered what my mum told me. I went to check if my mum number was blacklisted on her phone, alas, my mum's number was actually blacklisted. I can't really comprehend why she would do such. I'm so disappointed in her for what she did. I had to snap the blacklisted part in case she wants to deny it if I eventually confront her. My mum is not the troublesome type, very calm and kind.
Just remove it from blacklist and tell her, your mum said she has been trying to reach her for some time now.
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Bigdre31: 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
block her siblings & parents . even blacklist your wife's number too

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Fiscus105(m): 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
badoh:

You haven't confronted ur wife that you are seeing physically everyday but you jump to online to report.

How did you feel doing that? I guess you want to applaud and trophy from unseen friends and foes on faceless forum

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Beremx(f): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided Let's assume she indeed intentionally blacklisted your mother, what do you intend to do to her and your marriage? undecided
divorce straight!! No time wasting

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Foodqueen(f): 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Mariangeles(f): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Married people are so petty these days ehn?
Una wahala no dey finish sha! Na wah o!
Everyday na do me I do you. Shey na like that una go continue?

Bigdre31:
block her siblings & parents . even blacklist your wife's number too

Do me I do you abi?

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by chii8(f): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Lol..... wahala no dey finish!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by PlsBanMe: 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
Some here are not married and will likely give you useless advice.

Listen, your mom might have been blocked for being over caring. If she calls your wife too often due to her care and love, your wife might not like it. She may take it as disturbance.

As a married man, discuss your discovery with your wife first. Ask her why she blacklisted your mom's number. If she tells you the reason, reason together. If she denies it, ask her to remove your mom from being blacklisted.

Not talking isn't good. It will make you unhappy, make her untrustworthy and she may not even know what she has done. Talk to her about it immediately so you can move on. There are many things in Nigeria that can make you happy. Don't make yourself unhappy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Richy4(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
PlsBanMe:
Some here are not married and will likely give you useless advice.

Listen, your mom might have been blocked for being over caring. If she calls your wife too often due to her care and love, your wife might not like it. She may take it as disturbance.

As a married man, discuss your discovery with your wife first. Ask her why she blacklisted your mom's number. If she tells you the reason, reason together. If she denies it, ask her to remove your mom from being blacklisted.

Not talking isn't good. It will make you unhappy, make her untrustworthy and she may not even know what she has done. Talk to her about it immediately so you can move on. There are many things in Nigeria that can make you happy. Don't make yourself unhappy.
undecided

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Matheusmartin: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
Richy4:
This is the kind of situation that brews Cold war @ home.... I believe you told her that your mother has been calling.. so what was her response on why her phone was not reachable?....

If I was to be in your shoes, I will just ignore it... That's her phone and she can do whatever she wants with it... It's not enough for misunderstanding buddy..

[/b]But I will not forget to block her father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, sisters, brothers even their chickens.. or anything associated with her[b]...If she asked, I will say I blocked them sweetie.., U started it first.. angry
This part sweet me.
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Matheusmartin: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
why do wives always have issues with their mother in law

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by MufasaLion: 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
Some people do mistakenly block others. Well, she might have her reasons.
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by TheWolfen(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmm shocked
The last hasn't been heard of mother in-law and daughter in-law drama.
Tom and jerry no dey ever gree
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Richy4(m): 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Matheusmartin:
This part sweet me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
People were basically trying to give an excuse that it was a mistake... I don't just buy that... I mean what kind of phone were they using that blocks people easily?... Blocking people is not the same as a phone that was Pocket dialing..haba!!! embarassed

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by oluplus(m): 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is my advise.

Don't confront her. Unblock the number without her knowledge. Then, ask your mum to call her. Then monitor how things unfold afterwards.

If your mum is still unable to reach her, check again if she has blocked her, then you know it is deliberate. There is no way she will not twist the matter if you confront her.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by oluplus(m): 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
You have two options

1. Ask her and be calm with your approach. . She's the only person who can tell you why she has done that.

2. Overlook it and and see it as no big deal. As long as she's respectful and kind to your mom when she visits, that's all that should matter.

I love your submission, but that "overlook it" is what I don't subscribe to.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by mastertek: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Just playfully tell your wife your mother has been trying her number & always complain is not reachable, her response will determine if the blocking is intentional or not.

Just watch her face & reaction when she wants to respond.

If it's by mistake she we be eager to call your mom right there to explain,

But trust me, if it's intentional, she won't bother & her reason will be flimsy
Re: My Wife Blacklisted/blocked My Mother's Line On Her Phone by Matheusmartin: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
People were basically trying to give an excuse that it was a mistake... I don't just buy that... I mean what kind of phone were they using that blocks people easily?... Blocking people is not the same as a phone that was Pocket dialing..haba!!! embarassed

It's no mistake at all.
the wife knows what she's doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Dash Someone In Lagos This Cloth Hanger / Nigerian Man Cries As Wives In Germany Now Send Out Husbands For €220 (video) / Pediasure Any Junior Horlicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.