Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? (15171 Views)

Vacancies For Programmers, Coders And Developers / Wanted! Coders For Employment / Webghosts Coders (2) (3) (4)

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by twosquare(m): 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Well, I will give Lenovo a thumbs up on laptops' battery life. Really good for someone into online work, career.
laivwire:
My Thinkpad can run 10 hrs on a charge. I don't code though but chrome and office apps are always on full blast.

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Alaefulu(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tanks
Goldbw122:

Go to programming section on nairaland, you will get enough information there.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by MrWraith: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
ReactJs:
Heavy usage after a full-charge 9-12 hours. Light usage after a full charge 2-5days.
You don't need to exaggerate bro, we all know the m1 Macs last at most 12hours and that's a very impressive battery life, industry leading even. Which one is 2-5days on light usage? You mean on sleep while idling.

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by adebayour01: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Fully charged 7hr:30min to 8hrs.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by de3lar(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tomahawk99:

You must be a noob. There are many laptops that will put the MacBook to sleep in terms of battery life. MSI, Lenovo ThinkPad and not to mention gaming laptops.
Buy a new generation laptop.

Just rest.

No PC out there can beat the M1s battery wise. And Gaming laptops? You're a joke, they are made to work best on external power, priority is not given to the battery at all so zero out Gaming laptops.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by reXurrectionZA(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
ReactJs:
Heavy usage after a full-charge 9-12 hours. Light usage after a full charge 2-5days.
Thats a hell of a beast bro

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by de3lar(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
2020 Macbook pro(Intel variant) - 7-8hrs, depends on brightness and keyboard light.
Lenovo Tsomething - 10hrs with battery saver on
MSI GS63VR - 3-4hrs with battery saver on as well

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Olam09(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
6 hrs
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by CXLVII: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
Do you ever disconnect your laptop from power source?

Not done in years. The laptop starts and ends life connected to power
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by temmypotter(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
An entire workday on a full charge and heavy use, On light use, 2-3 days
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by peterincredible: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mine 3hrs when coding Lenovo ThinkPad (t440) when I bought it new it can last me up to 7 hrs but depreciation sha brought it to where it is now I would advice you all reach wiremind for laptop power bank

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Blakjewelry(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Goldbw122:
Laptop batter should last 2 to 3 hrs depending on the usage.
Mean while am looking for this LCD cable to buy if any with the parts
pls quote me
search for it and on AliExpress
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by bidexdo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mine use like 2 weeks when fully charged grin grin grin angry
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by eagleonearth(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Deicide:
My laptop is practically a desktop now. The ba3 don spoil. But back then before I abused the battery it use to last 7hrs.
guess you charge and use same time right??
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tomahawk99:

Ignorant people are quick to call something they have no idea a lie.
Let's meet, come with your M1 let me come with my System76 Oryx pro make we see something.
M1 MacBook pros, Lenovo ThinkPad and Acer Aspire 5 have the best battery life on a laptop.

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by SirMichael1: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
chim14:
Its a waste of money buying normal conventional laptops cuz battery don't last. A 5000 mah phone even last longer than a traditional laptop!

Its only apple or mac I learnt the battery last longer am not sure since I havent used one.

Shey apple and Mac are different ni?

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gaming laptop 4hrs
Work and travel laptop 6-8 hours

Make sure to enable the safe charging feature in your respective laptops.
My batteries don't charge upto 100%.
They're still very healthy after many years.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Brian47(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
animationagency:
I have 3 laptops, 2 in use, 1 bad. The first one up to 4hours 30mins on moderate usage, the second one, less than 2 hours. Mainly for Freelancing things.

I have hp double cell notebook battery for sell,
Minimum battery life as at last used was more than 3 hours. Dm if interested.

What is freelanceing?

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Brian47(m): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
By laptop na just desktop.
If nepa take light, that's it.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by AKEEMNAS(m): 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
After Full charge, with heavy usage over 11 hours.

Sometimes above 24 hours, it all depends on my usage.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by bxcode(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
7 hours max.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by eddynaira125: 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Goldbw122:
Laptop batter should last 2 to 3 hrs depending on the usage.
Mean while am looking for this LCD cable to buy if any with the parts
pls quote me

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Mrtaye: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
de3lar:
2020 Macbook pro(Intel variant) - 7-8hrs, depends on brightness and keyboard light.

Please how much is the Lenovo and is it better and durable than HP
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Mrtaye: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
de3lar:

Also the battery does Lenovo last than HP
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Mrtaye: 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
temmypotter:
An entire workday on a full charge and heavy use, On light use, 2-3 days
Please what's the name of the laptop
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Mrtaye: 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
PotatoSalad:

M1 MacBook pros, Lenovo ThinkPad and Acer Aspire 5 have the best battery life on a laptop.
Please what about HP
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Mrtaye: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
AKEEMNAS:
After Full charge, with heavy usage over 11 hours.

Sometimes above 24 hours, it all depends on my usage.
Please what's the brand of laptop that last that long
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Brian47:

What is freelanceing?
Hun? undecidedHow can I explain? Try and use Google to make it clearer.
Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by Brian47(m): 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
animationagency:

Hun? undecidedHow can I explain? Try and use Google to make it clearer.

I googled it.
So it's like a company hiring you to work for them on the internet.
But what kind of freelance work do you do.
I'm interested.

Re: Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? by charlesm91(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Alaefulu:
Abeg make una hook me up I wan learn this programming,alreasy got a laptop plz,my good Nigeria people,èjò,bikonu,dan Allah,
There are quite a number of ways to learn.Oone is self taught, but that would depend on how intelligent one can be to assimilate things and can take quite a bit of work if you don't grab the concepts easily. Another is to go to institutions where they offer such training, that can be advantageous cos if you get stuck you can always have someone in physical to discuss your problems and level of progress, as well as mentorship guide. But the most important thing is your dedication to wanting to learn cos i can assure you there are days when..... I can recommend you an institute if interested, and they're good

Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria? / Are Programmers Born Or Made? / [Tutorial Post] How To Integrate Paystack Payment System With PHP