Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit (18015 Views)

Make Money By Selling Your Comedy Clips (see Details) / Video Thread!!! Drop Links To Your Comedy Videos Here / Do You Want Your Comedy Video To Go Viral? See This One I Did For Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by BennyDGreat: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
Nice angle. Media should be used to show positivity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Stevenson1(m): 8:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:
I usually frown at jokes or skit of comedians that do videos of soldiers been painted as a god and there by molesting civilians and people just laugh and say it just a joke. My brother and sister it may sound as a joke but it goes a long way because most military men watch this videos and feel like if I oppress the civilian then nobody can help then and also the civilian watching it will also think there are helpless before a military unknowning to him because that video just send an involuntary message to his subconscious. It is high time our comedian start doing jokes of military men been arrest by military police for abusing human right or military people been taken to court for molesting civilians. It is not about carrying of banner and start protesting about human rights but comedian videos can go a long way by enlighten the people without hurting or destroying the peace of the country. Thank you.

They aren't supporting it. They are just showing you reality.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by YellowMayor(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:
I usually frown at jokes or skit of comedians that do videos of soldiers been painted as a god and there by molesting civilians and people just laugh and say it just a joke. My brother and sister it may sound as a joke but it goes a long way because most military men watch this videos and feel like if I oppress the civilian then nobody can help then and also the civilian watching it will also think there are helpless before a military unknowning to him because that video just send an involuntary message to his subconscious. It is high time our comedian start doing jokes of military men been arrest by military police for abusing human right or military people been taken to court for molesting civilians. It is not about carrying of banner and start protesting about human rights but comedian videos can go a long way by enlighten the people without hurting or destroying the peace of the country. Thank you.

It's bad honestly
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by anonimi: 9:15am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

You are forever blessed for this beautifully written piece.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Toks2008(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

I thought I was the only one in this boat.
So annoying.

They make soldiers look like one demigod.

3 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Tee92(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2022
Sheriman:

Our society will not watch it any videos that portrait the truth they won't watch it and the skit makers would not make money out of it.
Yes. That's true.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Blackdisciple(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2022
And anytime a soldier is questioning you learn how to reply in a polite way to harassment.

Because what I noticed is that when ever there's an argument between a soldier and a civilian you will see the civilian raising his voice on the soldier. If na me be the army man na slap u go chop first so that your voice go calm down
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

Thanks for saying this. Exactly the same way I feel. I usually scroll past skits like that. IT'S NOT FUNNY!
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by isaacprinz(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2022
Live your life right and watch how all this write up Will be heard from far, truth be told we Nigerians are not matured and disciplined to criticize others in the first place.
The Nigerian security operatives most times overstep their boundaries which we condemn that all the time. I experienced an incidence where some group of boys attempted to disarm soldiers on duty because they saw that these soldiers were not hostile, they literally were friendly with most people in that hood doing their legimate job so they saw that as a weakness and opportunity to exhibit their indiscipline and stubborn nature. No one is happy being brutalized by The security operatives but first you have to live and behave right, the problem isn't really only on the side of this security men but also we as individuals and citizens of Nigeria. Comedians are simply earning a living on the plater of the already existing stubbornness of individuals and the brutality that follows from the security operatives. All this ill practices must be put to an end.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Right001: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Crafteck1:

You sat down to type all this?
Have you ever been harassed by a military personnel? Most likely not, less than a mondth ago, i was. And i was belpless, not because of comedians bit because thats the nigeria we live in, abeg delete your nonsense
Have not been harased by military personnel and my father was a military officer. Have never supported the military abusing people even though I grew up in the barracks. We need to create awareness to stop the kind of suffering you suffer from military personnel
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Oracleforce: 9:57am On Jan 28, 2022
Someone turning his experiences with military boys into a comedy skit and you keep saying supporting military abuse.. Abuse or no abuse the reality is being acted out...
We can not live in denial. As for any common man, he or she knows how to behave around the uniform men...not until you fall a victim in the hand of uniform men, you will not know what some people usually pass through.
Our Naija lawyers do more of military victimization awareness and advocacy...yet, the beating still continues, how much more is your opinion that doesn't pass just a space in a particular thread. .

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Right001: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
Brilliantly written and stated . Nigerian youth don't think. They don't understand the power of the media..

They don't know change can be driven via media.. anyways alot of these so called celebs in Nigeria are unenlightened dropouts hence.the poor content
You show police brutality in your Instagram skit for laughs you don't know you are indirectly endorsing same, you show police illegally asking a youth to unlock their phone you are indirectly normalizing and endorsing same tomorrow you wonder how police asking youths to unlock their phone became normal in Nigeria ? Something that happens no where else in the world.

You show married men hungering after single girls in your Instagram skit for laughs tomorrow you wonder why it's everywhere.

Media and entertainment around the world are used to drive change but in Nigeria it's as if the creative ones are just stupid and don't understand the power of media.

Abroad everytime I turn on the internet or tv I see the gay supporters pushing their marstive because they understand the power of media but in Nigeria all you see is ritual killing for money in all their movies and you wonder why all over the southwest youths are mining skulls as we say here . The media is power and can become your reality.. what you watch / consume regularly becomes who you are .

It's unfortunate there are no real film schools or media schools in Nigeria so these youths don't know the power they possess. Without protests or killings the youths who died at the Lekki massacre could have achieved what they wanted just using Instagram skits to pass the right message.

But instead you all rather show.big booties and breasts than pass a message. This is why the western world abandoned both igboho and KanU struggles because the Nigerian youth are not ready, you have all it takes to drive change but yet you waste it. a proper protest can be bloodless an effective via media but you all waste it.

Go through all the nairaland blogg posts here then you understand why no country will ever bother helping Nigeria youth

You have said it all. When I travel to the Uk I felt crying not because my country is left behind but because of our youth mentality especially the post I see on nairaland and instablog on Instagram. I keep asking myself is this the youth that want to change Nigeria except maybe the youth that want to change this country don't comment on social media because most of the comment of our your are myopic

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by tyup(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2022
mastertek:
You are right OP,

This country been, our youth are really sick, so many people enjoy see military brutalized others,

I always think may be because these people have their family in the military.

So many Nigerian see military men as a god that should not be disobey, not knowing Nigerian military men are as useless as tout, agbero with gun,

Their military general Orientation is not different of 'MC Olumo'.

Stupid' Nigerian, you will see them here how they hail military & blame the victim whenever the news of army brutality enter front-page, to them whenever army tell you to jump inside gutter just obey, their foolish excuse is that Nigeria military risking their life to secure life of themselves and them families, not me

When you jam Awua and they tell you to jump inside gutter don't do it chest beat in front of em
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by tyup(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2022
Crafteck1:

You sat down to type all this?
Have you ever been harassed by a military personnel? Most likely not, less than a mondth ago, i was. And i was belpless, not because of comedians bit because thats the nigeria we live in, abeg delete your nonsense

Don't mind them, COAS is complaining of not having sufficient men in the Force and these clowns here thinks they'd be punished or dismissed for brutality?? the problem is just complex
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Right001: 10:10am On Jan 28, 2022
AlphaStyles:
If u no wan laugh thats ur problem,if u dnt like it thats ur own problem most of u behave abnormal and u expect soldiers to be normal and civil with u?
That the problem I have with Nigeria youth. I bet u have not travel outside Nigeria that why u speak like this. My brother travel go Europe for holiday and come back then your mentality will change. Soldiers don't have the right to oppress you after all their salary is from your tax been paid to the government either directly or indirectly.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by tyup(m): 10:12am On Jan 28, 2022
isaacprinz:
Live your life right and watch how all this write up Will be heard from far, truth be told we Nigerians are not matured and disciplined to criticize others in the first place.
The Nigerian security operatives most times overstep their boundaries which we condemn that all the time. I experienced an incidence where some group of boys attempted to disarm soldiers on duty because they saw that these soldiers were not hostile, they literally were friendly with most people in that hood doing their legimate job so they saw that as a weakness and opportunity to exhibit their indiscipline and stubborn nature. No one is happy being brutalized by The security operatives but first you have to live and behave right, the problem isn't really only on the side of this security men but also we as individuals and citizens of Nigeria. Comedians are simply earning a living on the plater of the already existing stubbornness of individuals and the brutality that follows from the security operatives. All this ill practices must be put to an end.

Probably Airforce or Navy ion think Army are that friendly that you go as far as trying to disarm them
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by AlphaStyles(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

That the problem I have with Nigeria youth. I bet u have not travel outside Nigeria that why u speak like this. My brother travel go Europe for holiday and come back then your mentality will change. Soldiers don't have the right to oppress you after all their salary is from your tax been paid to the government either directly or indirectly.
Abeg if u wan travel go outside travel go and dnt disturb me if u wan copy their lifestyle copy i no send u what i knw is that u cant behave abnormal and expect soldiers to b normal with u

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by tyup(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

The question is are Nigerians law abiding and civil like the Europeans?? it's senseless comparing both clime and expecting similar way of life
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Father4all: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2022
Giftedprof:
That's not what's causing the abuse oga!
Even if you stop those comedies, those that will abuse will still go on with their inhuman acts.
It's all in the mind
myopic statement. Stop it first.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by TemmyT002(m): 10:44am On Jan 28, 2022
Lol.
They are portraying realities.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by sharpwriter(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2022
Akpororo is a major culprit here angry
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by merits(m): 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Crafteck1: 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

Have not been harased by military personnel and my father was a military officer. Have never supported the military abusing people even though I grew up in the barracks. We need to create awareness to stop the kind of suffering you suffer from military personnel

Now you see thats what comedians are creating!!
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

Th skits come from reality, Bruh, as if you don't know the truth.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
nonny1212:
That's the bitter truth, Nigerians have given them that upper hand through those skits and stand up comedy, making them feel they can oppress and intimidate any civilian and get away with it. Expecially Akpororo that always crack boring jokes on army slaps.

Anyways, an average Nigerian no sabi him right. If you know your right you won't be intimidated by anyone

The "upper hand" came from decades of military (mis)rule!

If you were around in the 70s and 80s, you won't talk about skits!

When soldiers were flogging people for coming to office 5 minutes late because they dropped their kids in school before driving to the office, stopping traffic just to beat up a taxi driver that had the audacity to not get out of their way quickly enough....

What of the people being killed right now?

Na skit cause am?

These skits are simply our coping strategies.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by NOwazobia: 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
The OP doesn't understand what skit are all about. Until you do, you will edit that post of yours.

From the comments I now understand that very few in this nation of ours understand the concept about comedies.

Mind you, skits and comedies are thesame everywhere around the globe. They portray reality, the other only option is if you want them to portray a lie... Which would be worst for the nation as a whole.

It was the brutality before the comedy, not the other way round... I am not a fan of comedies though, realistically not very many comedy, and only watch and listen to them on peoples phone; I will never download them with my phone. But your write up is out of ignorance of what comedy is truly about.

Depicting a country, a people in badlight is bad enough for anyone or people to change for the better, except they don't want to change at all.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Steve0979(m): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

u idiot talking abt human right,ask DAT useless officer of a dad of yours d number of times he has oppressed junior officers first before u can talk about human rights
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by pacespot(m): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:

That is what is called "dark humour", it is common among Nigerians. Using insensitive story to throw up a joke, when people have died because of this very story, what is funny in that? But you will still see people opening their rotten teeth and laugh over it. Nigeria, or Africa at large, has a long way to go in understanding these little nuances of life. I am even surprised that I don't see many comedians using Boko Haram or bandits stories to do their comedy skits, anything can be laughed over by Nigerians.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by helicoptarr: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
And they must stop mentioning those who identify as men of God in their joke...for their own good.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by RaptorX: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2022
tyup:

When you jam Awua and they tell you to jump inside gutter don't do it chest beat in front of em
So you will just inside gutter because a soldier told you? I am really curious to hear your response
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Exceed15: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
Apt!
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by InsanePsycho(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:
It is high time our comedian start doing jokes of military men been arrest by military police for abusing human right or military people been taken to court for molesting civilians.

Even Nigerian police will arrest you for making such a video cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Things I Want For Christmas / Funny Divorce Letter / Animals That Can Dance Azonto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.