Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? (25669 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / Should I Go Ahead And Tell My Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by badboyTee(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
cheesy
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Vinas1: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
She should counsell his husband
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Slynation(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hehehehe...You see this sh*t called betting ehh, it's very addictive and can be frustrating, It will only take grace for the man to stop...!!

A very good hommie of mine, is completely finished kpam kpam as I'm typing this all because of this same betting, This was someone making cool cash from his genuine business, driving clean mob, carrying sleek girls, living in a comfortable clean home...But betting has remixed his lifestyle just under 6years, especially that one called Kalo Kalo aka (Virtual betting)...If you are seeing this, run away from it, it's never programmed for you to win, sometimes I just imagine how someone will want to use #150-1000 and win #5-10m under 2minx... Shey na ment abi...??

Unfortunately this hommie is someone related to me and I call him brother, we don talk tire, gave him another job on a platter yet he abandoned it that a month is too far to wait for his income, Baba needed something instant, everyone has virtually contributed their own quota of advice but all to no avail, most painful aspects was that we came home one day and couldn't find 55inches TV, wetin happen?? Baba don use am do collateral...grin To be honest we don't even know his problem, this was same person that was given about #2m to start up a business but after 2weeks money enter voicemail...!! The most painful aspect is that Baba will come back to his senses and be regretting, crying and swearing never to bet again and for like 3-4months and we be thankful to God, but the moment we entrust him with another money to start life afresh, Omo na the nearest betting shop we go see am oO... embarassed The last time I enquired about him, he's been owing almost all the online borrowing apps and he was caught and arrested, Omo we just leave am there small weda sense to reformat...!!

Chai...!! Matter long, but if you must bet, bet with sense!! Okaria #500 to 1K weekly gi hapuya...!! See betting as fun other than source of income...!! And for the addicts already, it's well with you...!!

Op, I can relate what the wife of that young man is passing through, it requires God's intervention, if not that marriage is for better for worst, I would have Personally advice she leave home because you can hardly change a man that is addicted to betting, she ain't seeing the full force of the effects now because he's still working...if not, naso she go dey find her hollandis and jelweries every weekend...!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by saphiere(f): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:
Pls mature mind in the house.
What would you advise a young lady whose husband is into betting, any salary, loan, contributions that enters his account, he wouldn't tell her, until he finished it.

They have no accommodation right now, they are squatting with a family friend.
Because the husband can not save and he is into loan.

Last night, she said she took her husband's ATM card because his salary has entered
few days ago and he has started withdrawing little by little on betting as usual. He was looking for it this morning, but she denied.
Would you advise her to go and withdraw his money without his permission? What would you advise such person?

She's my colleague and I don't want to give wrong advise.
Your husband money is your money
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Dreytonisback(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
If the money in her husband's account is enough to secure them another accomodation then let her go ahead no shaking
She'll have a good reason for her actions

But if the money is not much , let her just freestyle bc no level and more yawa go enter

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Walkee: 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:
The woman is senseless and instead of finding the root of her husband predicament she wants to create another atmosphere of tension and abuse.
She should as well join the husband in betting, who knows where the luck might come from. First she should return the Atm and ask the husband to teach her the game. See as the man will overturn her request that way he will minimize his waywardness. embarassed

NB: betting is no crime (+18)
or she could just pack her bags and leave. The man is a joke and will most likely be beaten to death in a Bet9ja shop when he gamble on credit and try to abscond
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Antoeni(m): 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
Do You Know That Some Wives can't even get dressed in front of Their Husbands , Because.Every time He Sees Her Naked, he Gives Her 1 Round For the Road
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Jmichael1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dis one pass me abeg bt i can gv dem daily 2 odds incase the wife decide to join her man in the betting hustle....
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by rave1047: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Communication is key
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Goldbw122(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Don't do it
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Walkee: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:

She needs to talk to him. It's unacceptable, but she can't resolve it by hiding his ATM. Who knows, maybe before they got married, he hyped everything like guys typically do, but reality has set in. A man has to become more responsible and drastically limit his risks at some point in his life. He's already failing in his responsibilities of providing shelter for the family, and it's not because he doesn't have a job, it's because he gambles it away trying to get rich quick. He needs help.
there's nothing to talk about. She needs to run away
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Goldbw122(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:
What would you advise a young lady whose husband is into betting, any salary, loan, contributions that enters his account, he wouldn't tell her, until he finished it.

Last night, she said she took her husband's ATM card because his salary has entered
few days ago and he has started withdrawing little by little on betting as usual. He was looking for it this morning, but she denied.
Would you advise her to go and withdraw his money without his permission? What would you advise such person?

Is he working ?
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by socialmediaman: 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
Walkee:
there's nothing to talk about. She needs to run away

[s]She knew about his addiction before they got married[/s]

Edit: I see she later updated her comment and added that she didn’t know, but she just can’t run away from her husband. She has to first start the process of engaging him in a conversation and holding him accountable. If all these options to get him to be responsible fail then she can consider a separation and possibly a divorce. People don’t just run away from a marriage as a first option
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by olas24u(f): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:
The woman is senseless and instead of finding the root of her husband predicament she wants to create another atmosphere of tension and abuse.
She should as well join the husband in betting, who knows where the luck might come from. First she should return the Atm and ask the husband to teach her the game. See as the man will overturn her request that way he will minimize his waywardness. embarassed

angrythe lady need to divorce the man and not easte her time,betting cannit be cured.She will be used for loan as well.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by FILEBE(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:

I fear who bo fear you o. No be every matter una go dey port with werey na .I agree that the woman should try seek solution to her husband's obsessive gambling first . Also, I will also advice she takes part of the money small small while she tries to help the husband combat this addiction
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by 2aces(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:

This one no follow na haba

If she is a sensible one, she can gradually save little portions of whatever she can get from the werey and save herself and kids if they have any
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by sabreal: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
Doing that amount to stealing
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by alizma: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:

Anyone married man that is gambling at the expenses of having shelter for his family can kill anyone that tries to come between him and gambling.tell her to surrender the ATM card and start planning on how to quite the marriage.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:

I no sure say, your head correct.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:

She knew about his addiction before they got married.
No she did not know about his addiction before marrying him. The OP stated that in his response to you.

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dreytonisback:
If the money in her husband's account is enough to secure them another accomodation then let her go ahead no shaking
She'll have a good reason for her actions

But if the money is not much , let her just freestyle bc no level and more yawa go enter

Lights up my kpoli in peace
I think that would be great if it were the case too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Think9ja(m): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Gambling has ruined a lot of lives in this country.

What gambling does is, it makes you have a dead conscience.

That is why no matter the amount, whether it's yours or not, you'll give it to them.
Gambling adverts should be prohibited in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:

Her husband is addicted to Gambling and believe me, he is not stopping anytime soon.

If she is patient enough, she has a lot of work to do concerning her husband’s gambling addiction, if she can’t she needs to leave. If they do not have kids yet, her best bet is to leave the man else her own finances would also go down the drain and she would end up miserable.

Men who are addicted to gambling can sell a whole house just to gamble, it is one of the worst kind of addiction anyone can have.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Clash01: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:
You mean she should also learn and start betting?

You and your colleague no just get sense. Read his comment again!
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by socialmediaman: 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

No she did not know about his addiction before marrying him. The OP stated that in his response to you.
My bad, I didn’t see that part. I’ve updated my comment
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by superCleanworks(m): 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Jamesbiodun:

Good and bad advice... They need an apartment of their own... Gamble can ruin ones life if care is not taken

If you didn't understand that simple smart advice then you are in no position to give advise to your friend.

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
That's stealing na
It's not ur moni angry
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by DEGABA(m): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
Gambling can lead to addiction if it is not controlled, and the only way to control it is to stop.
I will never encourage anyone to engage in gambling, no matter how appealing it may appear at first when it looks as if you're on your way to becoming a billionaire after winning a few of your bets.
I was an addict until I got married, and it sometimes feels like I'm trapped. There was a month when I gambled up to 250k and had nothing to show for it, all lost after winning some and eventually loosing all later on.
Look for anything to keep you occupied if you wish to stop gambling. Mine has come to an end as a result of my journey into online business. You may start learning a variety of genuine online skills right now, and once you do, you'll never have time to gamble again. Your entire mind will be consumed by the task of learning and mastering the skills.
I enjoy watching football and have never missed a match that my club has played until I began acquiring the skills that I am currently doing. I don't care if they're playing or not anymore unless I have a chance to watch them. My primary priority right now is my online business, which I devote all of my spare time to.
So, encourage her to sit him down and advise him to begin learning any of the many online money-making skills available. I'm willing to bet that once he starts, he'll never gamble again because he'll be so dedicated to it that there won't be any time for him to start compiling games to bet on.
Concerning the issue of the ATM card, I will advice you sit him down and discuss the issue. Don't just blame him or start condemning him, talk and discuss as a wife who loves her husband and meant good for him.
Tell him the side effects and asked him if he plays online or through betting houses. If the former, tell him to block any online transfer he does with his ATM. I think that will help.

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Kriss216 dem type of husband
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:

My bad, I didn’t see that part.
Yeah I thought as much. I think it was later edited. The man can only be helped if he acknowledges that he has a gambling problem but if he doesn't see the problem, I don't think there is anything left for her in that union. The friends they are squatting with may start showing attitudes which they may not be able to put up with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo) / Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts / What Are Those Things You Can Never Forgive A Husband For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.