Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? (25936 Views)

Her Father Is Occult. Should He Still Go Ahead? / Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by ipobarethieves: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
sad Betting RUIN destiny and make ones a destitute.I have seen a landlord become a tenant.From Ogogoro joint to Pool house and Bet9ja..Any money u win from betting can’t last u.2
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Jmichael1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2022
Richy4:
The lady in question does not know what she is dealing with....She should realize that she was dealing with an addiction...

Withdrawing his money should even be the last thing on her mind ....

She should go online and check out.... How to Help a Spouse with a Gambling Problem....There are so many tips if she hits google button sad..

tips or no tips,notin can change him if it does nt cums 4rm his mind...
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Testimony1988(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2022
Withdrawing it without his permission is stealing.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Jmichael1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
post=109772447:
@OP, tell your friend to do the right thing before she is used to place a bet also!

You post lack any iota of sense.
We are sorry to say.

Na real wa for the poster.

infact it is very very wa...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by socialmediaman: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Yeah I thought as much. I think it was later edited. The man can only be helped if he acknowledges that he has a gambling problem but if he doesn't see the problem, I don't think there is anything left for her in that union. The friends they are squatting with may start showing attitudes which they may not be able to put up with.

Yes you’re right about the gambling addiction, but she has to face him and talk to him about it, rather than hide his ATM and start withdrawing the money secretly. It’s an embarrassing situation but she can give him a chance first before giving up on him. It’s something that can be changed if he realizes he could lose the relationship
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Unlimited4G: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:
Pls mature mind in the house.
What would you advise a young lady whose husband is into betting, any salary, loan, contributions that enters his account, he wouldn't tell her, until he finished it.

They have no accommodation right now, they are squatting with a family friend.
Because the husband can not save and he is into loan.

Last night, she said she took her husband's ATM card because his salary has entered
few days ago and he has started withdrawing little by little on betting as usual. He was looking for it this morning, but she denied.
Would you advise her to go and withdraw his money without his permission? What would you advise such person?

She's my colleague and I don't want to give wrong advise.

Betting/gambling is a very bad game that can render you poor and useless.

From my point of view, I think the woman isn't withdrawing the money to spend or for selfish reasons. She might be withdrawing his money and paying it into another account to save it up for rainy days or would you prefer them to go about begging simply because the husband has spent all his money betting? She's just applying wisdom where it needs to be applied so mind your business and let her run her affairs.

That's one of the reasons her husband married her, he knew his short comings and how he's bad at managing his money so he went out to search for his helper,his support system, his missing ribs so allow her to go ahead with what she's doing..... It's something that her husband will thank her for in the future as long as she'll do it loyally and not get selfish/tempted along the way.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Lexusgs430: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:
What would you advise a young lady whose husband is into betting, any salary, loan, contributions that enters his account, he wouldn't tell her, until he finished it.

Last night, she said she took her husband's ATM card because his salary has entered
few days ago and he has started withdrawing little by little on betting as usual. He was looking for it this morning, but she denied.
Would you advise her to go and withdraw his money without his permission? What would you advise such person?

So what happens next month ?....?

If he is an unrepentant gambler, that would not change his ways, he would pull her down, with himself ........

It's best she starts considering divorce or separation..........
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Ybaby: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:

Take the money and leave his ass till he comes back clean from rehab
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by simplesearch: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Betting is a sin and would land anyone involved in it straight in hell, that notwithstanding does not justify your action of taken his ATM card without his permission and even lying about it. What about prayerfully suggesting to him your readiness to start keeping part of the money for him, otherwise involve his parent or an elder he respects so well, and if he's the church type his pastor. Don't take his money without his consent that is stealing.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:

Yes you’re right about the gambling addiction, but she has to face him and talk to him about it, rather than hide his ATM and start withdrawing the money secretly. It’s an embarrassing situation but she can give him a chance first before giving up on him. It’s something that can be changed if he realizes he could lose the relationship
TBH, that isn't even a solution. Who says the husband can't send an email to the bank to report the card as a stolen or missing card? And in seconds it would be blocked. He can even do that from his bank mobile App without sending an email or visiting the bank if he uses a GTB account. She needs to have a discussion with him like you have said and if the discussion isn't productive, she should find her way. You can't correct one wrong with another wrong.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by hanymasahun: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
The best Solution is divorce.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by OllyArt(m): 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

I don't know why people see gambling as a bad thing

For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

And we also have a lot way to get wrecked in life which Gambling is among
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Charliej: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
She should go to God in prayers gambling is a bad addiction only God and self discipline can save one noone really stops it they just learn to control it a bit and she shud always enagage her husbands in meaningful discussion outline the damages its costing their family eg squatting with a frnd at this age next it could be something worse

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by kingdenny816: 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nice concept. forum is a good alternative to NL
Pinkie201814: Amazing . Nice business idea . Great Innovation in Gh

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by safarigirl(f): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
LOL

Person marry gambler think say she get husband.

She better pack her two Ghana must go and go back to her father's house to be managing her life, because frustration will finish her in that marriage. Gambling is one of the worst addictions to have in this life, and this man does not even have the facilities to get therapy.

Na so young women go dey rush to marry man wey no know where he dey go, you sef, you are barely self-sufficient, and then you went to marry.

Neither of you have paid house rent before, but you thought you have reached to get married because you have clocked 20-something and you can have sex.

She should go back to her father's house and find how to make decent money. That is what she should have done, instead of rushing to marry a man that could not even save enough to move her to a rented apartment as newlyweds. Imagine squatting as a newlywed. God forbid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by nextstep(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcaggEL1z8

In this video, Niniola secretely stashes some of her man's newfound wealth, which she later brings out when he's broke. In other words, please advise your friend to apply wisdom.

1. She should not withdraw anything, because kasala go burst.
2. She should sit with her husband and discuss how to split the money: family money, and then his play money for entertainment and gambling.
3. If guy is not willing to listen - after all he's a married man now - leave him.

I'm a man and I stand behind this. Society will say she should stay with her man through thick and thin, but guy is forgetting his own vows to take care of family. Gambling, like any other thing, is best done in moderation, after you've taken care of what you need to take care of. If you have extra 5k/month for beer or betting, no wahala. But if a man is gambling his family's future, all your friend will have is more heartbreak.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Googledotcom: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
MCKitchen:
The woman is senseless and instead of finding the root of her husband predicament she wants to create another atmosphere of tension and abuse.
She should as well join the husband in betting, who knows where the luck might come from. First she should return the Atm and ask the husband to teach her the game. See as the man will overturn her request that way he will minimize his waywardness. embarassed

NB: betting is no crime (+18)
Please don't always be in a haste to type rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by everythinggirly(f): 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
He should go for counseling!
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Ese2ehi: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
NB: betting is no crime (+18)[/quote]

It becomes a crime when it negatively affects the well-being of the family
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by frozen70(f): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:

What is she waiting for to withdraw the money and use it for the family

Is she waiting for him to make a report to his bank before she will take action
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Richy4(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
Jmichael1:

tips or no tips,notin can change him if it does nt cums 4rm his mind...
That is the reason why the tips is necessary... So that she can talk to the husband without looking like she was ambushing him..
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by ussv: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
That would be irresponsible, permission or consent or spousal approval is a big issue in marriage, if all are sought all the time, there will be less problem in marriage unless one cheats.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
If you withdraw his money he will take a loan to play virtual.
There is nothing you can do about his virtual betting addiction.
It is a like when a man has an erection.If he no release that urge no go go.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by oilmane(m): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dainy1:

Was she aware he was a gambler b4 they got married or she's just finding out? How did they become squatters? Were they evicted from where they were living? Gambling is addictive, its like a drug addict/junkie, its not something one can just do away with and from what you described it is obvious her husband is already addicted to gambling. She should sit him down and have a heart to heart conversation with him, blackmail him emotionally if it will work else she should quit the marriage. She should know their future together is bleak cause gamblers like junkies can do anything to get money to assuage their urge whenever it arise, she should think twice about having kids with him.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Sonoyom(m): 12:05am On Jan 29, 2022
Two wrongs do not make a right, if you have spoken to him and he refuses to listen to your advice please don't get yourself worked up as for the rent i think a woman who is a partner in marriage should not wait on that sort of husband to provide a roof over her head, she has to put her hands to work.
Withdrawing money from his account without his permission is stealing which is wrong.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Sonoyom(m): 12:06am On Jan 29, 2022
cr7lomo:

U were among those that insulted that man on another thread that forced himself on his wife when the wife dint allow him hv sex with him...u said its her body and she had the right to reject the man from touching her..... now u are saying his money is her money....then her body is also his body.... I'm so happy that a man used and dumped u and that has created the bitterness in u...but which man who wanna be with an Ekuke like u, u are a low grade woman, ur job is for men to chop u and go...only a re.tard will take u serious...even a fool will b wise not to take u serious once they see u
Replying certain types of females on this platform is just a waste of time and energy because they have decided to be stupid unprovoked.
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Saviourfresh: 1:04am On Jan 29, 2022
It's not really fair, it's not advisable
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by manmade(m): 1:19am On Jan 29, 2022
ibechris:
The best for that woman is to leave that man.

A gambler is worst than any social vice on earth. Even if the man builds a house,he would rather sell it and bet more money. They can only change when the bet shop has been closed which means it will be very hard to change them.

I only pity that woman because she has alot of work to do but the best is to leave that man,because any man that cant provide for his family is an unbeliever.
nibo latun jasiyi bayi? Daddy G O , you said she should leave her husband simply because he is unable to provide for the family and by that the husband has become an unbeliever? Eku ise oluwa .. ,how is mummy G.O?
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Babastrong(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2022
Anything that's not belong to you, you shouldn't take it. koda ole ni yan!
Re: Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? by Dybala11(m): 3:20am On Jan 29, 2022
post=109772447:
@OP, tell your friend to do the right thing before she is used to place a bet also!

We are sorry to say.
Are you a non-binary??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / 14 Things That Hurt Your Wife / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.