Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Temptation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Temptation (3249 Views)

. / Be Honest; Can You Resist Intimate Temptation? / How Do You Overcome Temptation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temptation by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
I met a guy, and the Chemistry was shocking, I have always been someone in control of my feelings but this caught me off guard.
He felt the same way and asked me for a relationship, Luckily for me though i still had some sense to check out some information on him and i discovered he ws married.
He came to see me yesterday and i told him as much as i have feelings for him I cant go out with him because he is married.
My sisters if I tell you that this is easy on me i am lying. I cant work, I cant think, for once in my life I seem to loose control of my sense of reasoning, every minute i feel like picking up the phone to call him but i will not. I am not a saint but i know the last thing i will do in my life is go out with a married man.
Please I need encouragement, Nairalanders please dont let me fall
Re: Temptation by k0be: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2007
what the doritos are you talking about, you already know what the right thing to do is so do it. you don't need any encouragement from us. If you pick up that phone and call that man we'd all be disappointed in you.
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2007
my sister leave this man alone.we don want u to bcam a second wife.ey r many guys out er waiting for you.pliz don fall 4 that man.because his wife will deal w u and trust me u wil loose your teeth if she beat u grin lol.anyway if i wr u i will remove and delete the man's number in your phone and u won't call him.my dear we don want u to be a second wife!!!!!! okay ? find your own true love  cheesy
Re: Temptation by johnnygan(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
Likewise
Re: Temptation by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thank you so much, I know the right thing to do and am doing it, I just need encouragement because this is the first time something like this is happening to me. I just need to hear it from you people
Lexyhearts:

my sister leave this man alone.we don want u to bcam a second wife.ey r many guys out er waiting for you.pliz don fall 4 that man.because his wife will deal w u and trust me u wil loose your teeth if she beat u grin lol.anyway if i wr u i will remove and delete the man's number in your phone and u won't call him.my dear we don want u to be a second wife!!!!!! okay ? find your own true love cheesy
Even if i no hear anybody i go hear your own , thank you.
I cant delete his number because we partner with thier organisation, however I will get someone else to handle any meeting I will need to have with him for now till i get over it. However I will have to attend group meetings
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
@aisha2

u r now talking.u choose e great idea.keep it up.GOOD LUCK ,GOD HELP U
Re: Temptation by kanmosyl(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2007
@poster,
Sometimes taking the right the decision is always but you'd better
take it bcus there is nothing like the right thing, right is just right.
as Nairalanders has been saying we want to come to ur wedding and comfortable
not to come there and be experiencing the nagging of the first woman so plz
ja for the man.
Re: Temptation by benit(f): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
You are a principled person and I praise you for it. I think some ladies have to learn from you
Re: Temptation by StephenP(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2007
Lexyhearts:

my sister leave this man alone.we don want u to bcam a second wife.ey r many guys out er waiting for you.pliz don fall 4 that man.because his wife will deal w u and trust me u wil loose your teeth if she beat u grin lol.anyway if i wr u i will remove and delete the man's number in your phone and u won't call him.my dear we don want u to be a second wife!!!!!! okay ? find your own true love cheesy

ditto!
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2007
StephenP:

ditto!

whatz that
Re: Temptation by StephenP(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2007
I concur with you.
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2007
okay .thats gud
Re: Temptation by snickpick(f): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2007
aisha2 forget dat married man and be patient, your God-sent guy is on his way,its only a matter of time.
Re: Temptation by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thanks all of you, now i know that am not alone.
God Bless all of you, You understand what i am going through. it is not as if i am desperate, this just caught me off guard.
I always control my feelings but with all the advice i recieved here i will stick to my resolve
Thanks once agian
Re: Temptation by doncaster(m): 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2007
Did you w*t lol
Re: Temptation by presido1: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2007
doncaster:

Did you w*t lol
meaning what please.
Re: Temptation by Boondoggle(m): 4:39am On Aug 01, 2007
@poster,

Thumbs up for you for putting devil to shame!!! 'cos if to say e happen now you for say na devil work grin grin grin LMAO
Please make this victory re-sounding and stick to both your gun and cutlass, ok? You will be glad at the end that you did not get involve. Guess what? 've had a close shave with a married woman before and I almost gave in o! It was not easy though, but I was really HAPPY with myself that I walked away at point Zero. So, keep afloat and don't allow devil to cheat you. wink
Re: Temptation by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2007
Thank you all very much. I was able survive without calling him yesterday and for me the first 24 hours are usually the most critical. I believe its half over.
@Boondoggle,
thanks, usually people who have not been through this will not understand how it feels, I use to feel Ii could never happen to me but this proved to me that no human being is perfect.
they say a problem shared is half solved but now i say a problem shared is 90% solvede.
I cant say thank you enough
Re: Temptation by arshy(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2007
@poster

I really appreciate your courage, and u sound so much like somebody that knows what she is doing.Keep it up girl! How i pray that most people would learn from u and for once go for what they really need and not just fall for anything.
U are surely a candidate for the top, meet me there!
Re: Temptation by Easybaby(f): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2007
You have fallen already . . . . . . . . . . . lmao grin grin grin
Re: Temptation by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Arshy
Thank you so much
Re: Temptation by mi1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2007
Nice One Aisha.

yeah.

I wann 2 know u jus because of ur principle.

Ciao
Re: Temptation by McDoe(m): 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2007
k0be:

what the doritos are you talking about, you already know what the right thing to do is so do it. you don't need any encouragement from us.  If you pick up that phone and call that man we'd all be disappointed in you.

Don't be selfish, man. It is a matter of choice.
Re: Temptation by abilityman(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
This is a very simple issue. Ask urself if u want to marry a married man and if the answer is YES, then in increase the tempo of the relationship and if the answer is no, halt the relationship.

There is no magic about it.

I wish u well in ur choice
Re: Temptation by inze(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2007
Its a good thing u've got ur sense's, even after loosing control of yourself.

You are on the right track babyy.

Keep the flag flyin.
Re: Temptation by Godsgirl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2007
Honey, you will not fall. I went through the same thing 2 years ago. You may be surprised to find that several Christians go through the same thing. It's called a "crush." It just happened that most men crushed on in the past were married-The devil knew that I was interested in the "family" kind of guys that were ready to settle down so he tempted me. You see, the devil will always have a substitute for God's children. Unfortunately, some settle for these substitutes because they see it as "at least having something." I refused to settle and after passing a few temptations, he got tired and left me alone, only to come back with stronger temptations. I could not fight the devil's temptations on my own so all forces in Heaven was with me. The minute I declared in my heart that I could not and will not have a relationship with a married man- The war started. My reason for not wanting this was not because it does not "look" right but because I will never be able to sleep at night. When I gave my life to Christ, I literally did that: "gave" everything to him (including all my desires) I laid it all out on the alter. The Holy Spirit came to dwell in me because I invited Him.

But enough about me.  cheesy

My advice to you (based on my experience) is this: Continue to earnestly seek the Lord about these feelings. If you allow yourself to be led by your flesh-you will reap decay. I know it is hard to crucify the flesh (but that is what Christ meant when He said we will have to suffer certain things.) This is what I prayed: "Lord, now you know I have had a crush on this man for some time now. unfortunately, I just realised that he is married and I know that it is against your will for me to do this. Therefore, I need your help and I need it fast!! Holy Spirit-please take control of my actions and my words and Christ do what whatever you have to do to keep our (me and the married man) paths from crossing. I am certain that I have prayed your will because it is according to your word, I thank you for answering it and I look forward to having a different outlook on this man and that he also will lose that kind of interest he has in me. I have prayed this in Christ's name. Amen![/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Girl, If you believe that prayer, I have no doubt that by tomorrow, your feelings for this man will change. You just gotta mean it because God looks at the heart and cannot be mocked. I know it is hard but He knows your struggles. Don't forget to ask for more GRACE-you are going to need it. Before you know it, you will look back at your thread and laugh.

Take care and know that you are in my prayers love.

Agape!
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ GODSGIRL

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Temptation by Godsgirl(f): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2007
wink Amen girl!
Re: Temptation by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2007
And Amen, Thanks for the prayers. Thank you all so much you all have given me confidence.
Went for a meeting in his office today and I could not believe how calm i was, he tried to make me uncomfortable during my presentation but God gave me grace and strenght. I maintained a profesional attitude through out the meeting, he tried getting me alone but i made sure i was always surrounded by my collegue who did not know what was happening.
Thank you all you made it possible. But please keep praying for me to to completly get over this, so that i will be able to be alone with him when i have to and not feel anything because i cannot keep delegating others to go for meetings with him or making my collegue accompany me. It will seem strange
Re: Temptation by Lexyhearts(f): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2007
okay aisha

we will always pray 4 u
Re: Temptation by doyenn(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2007
It's good if you can break the bond that attract you to him as long as you dont want to go with him. it doesnt matter if he's married or not,the issue is you dont want a married person.
Re: Temptation by Boondoggle(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2007
arshy:

@poster

I really appreciate your courage, and u sound so much like somebody that knows what she is doing.Keep it up girl! How i pray that most people would learn from u and for once go for what they really need and not just fall for anything.
You are surely a candidate for the top, meet me there!

My sister, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!!! but that is not an excuse o.
We should all learn to look beyond the immediate gratification of SIN and fix out mind on the guilt  that always follows it. And, also pray and ask for His grace.
Goosh! IT IS NOT EASY. .  .at times I feel like running out of myself!!!   Even great Apostle Paul said that the good he wanted to do, he do not, but found himself doing what he did not want to do. Then he cried out "Who will deliver me from this body of SIN"  but by His grace we have overcome grin grin grin

@ godsgirl,
where 've you been?  

Kinda like your prayer. How do you pray this kind of prayer? quietly, aloud, once, continuously, and when? anytime?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can U Date A Lady That Has A Child / Dont Mean To Start A Tribal War:But Is This True About Yoruba Guys ? / To All My Good Girls That Aint Turned Bad: Yet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.