Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) (40233 Views)

Past Leaders Of Nigeria From 1914 Till Date (Pictures) / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by blackboy2star(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ambode

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by mrvitalis(m): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
johnjose68:

With igbos?

Except you mean igbos as labourers smiley
I mean your landlords
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by IbileIfe: 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
2. Babatope Raji Fashola, the technocrat.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
[/quote]
[quote author=liberalsinnerx post=61922739]

In reverse psychology when you are guilty of a something or perpetrated by your own, you always try twist history to justify that evil. This is what Afonjas are known for....twisting every factual history with gross, mischievous and wicked propaganda.
I have many photos. Too

4 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Blessedassuranc(f): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Once again, what do you understand in Lagos Politics and development.

Kindly use Google

I m so sure you dont even know.. Go use the goggle for yourself. And make sure you start from the time of jakande. Okay?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
majestytorule:
TINUBU....He is the master planner..GOD Bless JAGABAN

Every Government has beautiful plans on paper, if you can't implement or at least start your plans in 8 years what's the point??

Fashola built all the sectors that make Lagos sane today...Lastma, Lawma, Kai, BRT, started the Rail system...cleaned up Oshodi...Lagos Primary and Secondary Schools standardized, Built many Housing Estates...

Please show us pictures of Ikorodu Road, Oshodi... during BAT's time??

Show your own before taking credit for another person's job...

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by do4luv14(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
[quote author=sukkot post=109765674][/quote]

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by bluefilm: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Definitely not Tinubu
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
[quote author=TheSameGuy post=109765641][/quote]

Are u saying he made goats out of ambode, fashola and sanwo-olu and that he laid the foundation for goats in Lagos? are u saying Tinubu was using blade to cut people's head in Lagos as a way of laying foundation?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by headSmasher: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
You have changed already, I am seeing 0 instead of o in your moniker already
PrinceOfLag0s:

I go soon change to another moniker...
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by A305: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fashola brought radical change.

First Governor to begin the mega city dream in lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by blamingthedevil: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
headSmasher:
I wouldn't be surprised if this one is also from Imo state like princeoflagos that have thrown away their identity.

How can you finished princeofokija not Lagos like that?

6 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by juman(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Despite uncountable challenges sanwo-olu is doing well as governor.
He deserve another term.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Incoherent rant.

Blessedassuranc:

I m so sure you dont even know.. Go use the goggle for yourself. And make sure you start from the time of jakande. Okay?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

Every Government has beautiful plans on paper, if you can't implement or at least start your plans in 8 years what's the point??

Fashola built all the sectors that make Lagos sane today...Lastma, Lawma, Kai, BRT, started the Rail system...cleaned up Oshodi...

Please show us pictures of Ikorodu Road, Oshodi... during BAT's time??

Show your own before taking credit for another person's job...

I do not want to be drawn into advocacy for Tinubu but factually you are wrong

LASTMA
LAWMA and
BRT

As we know them today
are Tinubu's creations

Do not take my word for it do your research

BRT was commissioned and became operational in 2008 by Fashola but it did not happen overnight.

It took years .

Tinubu deserves credit because when he took over revenues were low oil Prices were under $20 and he had to contend with Obasanjo withholding allocation

In contrast Fashola had the most revenue that any governor in Lagos state history had with the highest oil prices on record

I say this for the record . I am not one of those Tinubu for 2023 crowd. but strategically and conceptually Tinubu was more impactful than anyone

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ambode is the best governor lagos has had since 1999
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Alba3: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
lexy2014:

When did he lay that foundation?

Meanwhile, u didn't answer my question:

How did he make all of them?
Were you in Lagos before 1999? Can you discribe Lagos of the 90s and that of today? Then Lagos was just like every other Nigerian city until 1999. Compare Ikorodu road or VI-Lekki road and other roads then and now. Tinubu tenure began the new face of Lagos. He's the politician during Fasola's tenure, he helped fasola as technocrat to concentrate on Lagos projects instead of engaging in constant fight with oppositions. Can you please tell us how Lekki. VI, Agidingbi, Magodo, shangisha, Ajah, Abule Egba, Ojodu, Island, Osbourne, etc looked in the 90s then I will know you're really conversant with Lagos not recent refugees shouting Lagos developed because it was former capital before 90s.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ambode is the best
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Are u saying he made goats out of ambode, fashola and sanwo-olu and that he laid the foundation for goats in Lagos? are u saying Tinubu was using blade to cut people's head in Lagos as a way of laying foundation?

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
obembet:
Which of this Lagos State Governor has impressed you most ?

1 Bola Tinubu

2 Babatunde Fashola

3 Akinwumi Ambode

4 Babajide Sanwo-Olu

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
oluwaahmed:

What about ogun, oyo, ekiti, osun, ondo? What are yorubas waiting for to turn it to a mega city? You keep lying that yorubas develop lagos meanwhile you guys dint do shít. The federal Government(not tinubu) laid the ground work for lagos. Lagos that was the capital 9f Nigeria for over 30 years. In fact you guys retrogresed lagos. Lagos that should be like Houston based on massive taxes and IGR is still vastly underdeveloped with bad roads everywhere on the mainland. Lagos that was a welfare state under Jakande, them thiéfnubu and co came and stole all the money and you are here giving them praise. What did all of them including thiéfnubu do for the ordinary civil servants of lagos? Japanese built houses everywhere for civil servants and gave them basically free, but them tinubu came and started taxing the life out of people to the extent of empowering thugs to collect from the lowest low.Na ogun go kill all of una. Apart from Lagos, how many other SW states have functional airports despite their huge IGRs. How many of those SW states can compete with eastern states that emerged from the ashes of the war despite their huge federal allocation and IGR

Lagos wasn't Nigeria's capital for 30years. It was Nigeria's capital for 77years and was a British colony in 1862

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
You lack ethics.

Blessedassuranc:

Lol... see your small sense.. You simply dont like amjode cos he refused to lick Tinubu's ass. Right? Lol... Awon asslicker like you.. lol
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
I'm done with you baby girl
Blessedassuranc:

Lol... You see that you re nt even smart..
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:

I do not want to be drawn into advocacy for Tinubu but factually you are wrong

LASTMA
LAWMA and
BRT

As we know them today
are Tinubu's creations

Do not take my word for it do your research

BRT was commissioned and became operational in 2008 by Fashola but it did not happen overnight.

It took years .

Tinubu deserves credit because when he took over revenues were low oil Prices were under $20 and he had to contend with Obasanjo withholding allocation

In contrast Fashola had the most revenue that any governor in Lagos state history had with the highest oil prices on record

I say this for the record . I am not one of those Tinubu for 2023 crowd. but strategically and conceptually Tinubu was more impactful than anyone

Having beautiful plans is what all Politicians are known for... having the will to implement is what makes you a performer...
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Alba3:
Were you in Lagos before 1999? Can you discribe Lagos of the 90s and that of today? Then Lagos was just like every other Nigerian city until 1999. Compare Ikorodu road or VI-Lekki road and other roads then and now. Tinubu tenure began the new face of Lagos. He's the politician during Fasola's tenure, he helped fasola as technocrat to concentrate on Lagos projects instead of engaging in constant fight with oppositions. Can you please tell us how Lekki. VI, Agidingbi, Magodo, shangisha, Ajah, Abule Egba, Ojodu, Island, Osbourne, etc looked in the 90s then I will know you're really conversant with Lagos not recent refugees shouting Lagos developed because it was former capital before 90s.

U haven't answered my questions:

When did he (Tinubu) lay that foundation?

How did he make all of them (fashola, ambode, sanwo-olu)?

5 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Beejayy20(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
oluwaahmed:

[s]What about ogun, oyo, ekiti, osun, ondo? What are yorubas waiting for to turn it to a mega city? You keep lying that yorubas develop lagos meanwhile you guys dint do shít. The federal Government(not tinubu) laid the ground work for lagos. Lagos that was the capital 9f Nigeria for over 30 years. In fact you guys retrogresed lagos. Lagos that should be like Houston based on massive taxes and IGR is still vastly underdeveloped with bad roads everywhere on the mainland. Lagos that was a welfare state under Jakande, them thiéfnubu and co came and stole all the money and you are here giving them praise. What did all of them including thiéfnubu do for the ordinary civil servants of lagos? Japanese built houses everywhere for civil servants and gave them basically free, but them tinubu came and started taxing the life out of people to the extent of empowering thugs to collect from the lowest low.Na ogun go kill all of una. Apart from Lagos, how many other SW states have functional airports despite their huge IGRs. How many of those SW states can compete with eastern states that emerged from the ashes of the war despite their huge federal allocation and IGR
[/s]
ogun and ibadan alone will trashes all tiny nyamiri land.ode!

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by nedekid: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ambode

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Blessedassuranc(f): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
I'm done with you baby girl

Lol
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

Having beautiful plans is what all Politicians are known for... having the will to implement is what makes you a performer...
There is a difference between a plan and a dream

A plan is not a dream . Educate yourself on that
There is a Masterplan authored by Tinubu's administration that is still alive today

Are you from Lagos State?

I can proudly tell you I am

All Lagosian and even further afield acknowledge the impact of Tinubu from 1999

He implemented the BRT
The LASTMA
The LAWMA

Do you agree?

Anyway I am on record as opposed to Tinubu's presidential ambition and do not want to be seen as advocating for such

But there is no one alive that has contributed more to to the progress of Lagos State since 1999 than Tinubu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Idara Gold Walks Free From Court - Picture / Buhari Appoints Kari Commissioner For Insurance / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.