Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage (42461 Views)

A Mad Man Told Me This, Can I Take It Serious / Man Told His Girlfriend He Was Broke Jokingly, She Sends Him N100K / Wedding Pictures Of An Elderly Man With A Teenage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
Married is a scam
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That was why I said he is speaking from that angle which anyone can say..it all revolves around human psyche.. cheesy

You are more likely to give him a gift when next he comes cos why he told you something which you believe in...
Mind games.. wink

The person that cursed you is dead, so no need begging you to change. undecided
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by pargelenis(m): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Good words from the elderly man.
He’s enjoying too by drinking gin in his 80s cool
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by nonny1212: 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Go and pay for bride price without testing the package?

What if I dip and it is well, what will I explain to myself

I don't think I can, I must check the length and width

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by PrinceOfLagos: 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Woman will either make or mar you
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Abaman001(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Zdepeo: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
Okay
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by femiasaolu2014: 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nonsense.

So because he is old, you think he has sense?

Does Buhari have sense?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by pargelenis(m): 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
@ Abaman001 this your fake story …. grin
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Tverone: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Senomi:

The person that cursed you is dead, so need begging you to change. undecided
Ok..
grin
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by alizma: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
Today one Elderly Man that's in late 80s came to my shop in the morning to patronize me . He was happy with me he bought a bottle of Hot drink and I offered a small bottle of dry Gin in appreciation and a New year gift.
He uttered some words of prayer for me , lastly he told me I'll be great in my business that I will grow in heights . He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning.

This is spiritual I'm From Igbo and I strongly believe in Tradition this got to do with tradition think deep.

What do you guys think about it

Is is very correct, never rob people by impregnating their daughter before going to them to ask for their blessing. Pray for God's guidance as you make plan to settle down. The woman you marry can lift you up and can also be that which will destroy you.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Abaman001:
Una don carry una facebook kaikai madness come here undecided
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Julius223pounds(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sundrus:
Na good advice him give you... Although e still make sense to taste engine before you buy.

grin grin angry grin bad guy.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Aboguede(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Still thinking Kidlington
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by jaxxy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
Success in life is about ur choices and how u think basically. Marriage is obviously one of those choices.

To the other part getting a gal pregnant b4 seeing her parents basically means u didn’t plan on marrying her bt due to circumstances u might have to or atleast deal with some unnecessary responsibilities.

I don’t know about the other things he said.

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by gbami(m): 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
Today one Elderly Man that's in late 80s came to my shop in the morning to patronize me . He was happy with me he bought a bottle of Hot drink and I offered a small bottle of dry Gin in appreciation and a New year gift.
He uttered some words of prayer for me , lastly he told me I'll be great in my business that I will grow in heights . He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning.

This is spiritual I'm From Igbo and I strongly believe in Tradition this got to do with tradition think deep.

True talk.
An elderly man once told me " Do not count yourself a lucky man, until you get married. Your wife can ruin or make you.

2 Likes

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Munzy14(m): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:

This old man revealed a secret to success to you...

It is not even about the sex, It is the lady as whole with her spirituality.....My father will say, something positive will happen, and continue to happen the moment she step into your life... smiley

Marry the right one, you will multiply in all dimensions...Do otherwise, you get reduced to a church rat..

These elders are filled with wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FILEBE(m): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:
You are responsible for achieving one of many possible destinies on your path (based on your choices, decisions, other factors), however, the woman you marry and live with has everything to do with what choices and decisions you make in life. I'll give you a simple example

You have a very big presentation tomorrow, and you need to stay awake tonight to study and make final prep. You're about to go and study, but there's an argument between you and your wife. After the argument is resolved, there is sex to wrap things up, and you're exhausted... till tomorrow morning. You didn't prepare, and your presentation is a flop!

You can call the woman evil all you want, but it was your choice to avoid the argument and sex, knowing you have a presentation the next day. It's on You, however, if your wife had cared about your presentation, she could as well have been supportive and given you a break. That's why they say a woman can make or break you. It's not because she has power over you, it's because she has a reset key you may need frequently

I wish I can agree fully with you on the bolded. Even as I don't see any correlation between success and the choice of a partner, something in me, deep down believes a wife can affect a man's success unknowingly

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Benitoh: 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
Some times the truth is not always what we want to hear, it hurts and unpleasant to the ear.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SarutobiEky(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
He is only clowning around due to the gift.. grin
Looking at human psychology people say things to make you feel great....

You are more likely to be praised when you offer someone a gift so don't be decieved by mere words.. undecided

He is speaking from a traditional and moral angle which anyone can say..don't take his words..
Be yourself and do what you want cos only you know what you want for yourself.. wink
why....you! undecided
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by BabaIbo: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
That was how a man advice me on marriage too sometimes last year.

That advice really opened y eyes to some things.

He told me no matter what, I should try and be there for my wife(future wife) in her pregnancy period because anything I do to her at this stage will go a long way on how she sees and feel for me later on.

I pondered on it and in doing that I arrive at a point where I realized that sometimes some men will be complaining their wives suddenly change for no reason, but they never knew most women are wired to hold on to memories and it have effect on their future decisions.

May God guide and direct his children.

4 Likes

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by CUMIN: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:

Forget about your material wealth or educational qualification. Until you bring home a wife then it will determine how you will be successful in life.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
SarutobiEky:
why....you! undecided
Why quoting me? undecided
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Jmichael1(m): 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
As long as am concern,advice wen u gv ur self nah be d best advice...

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SarutobiEky(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sundrus:
follow ur instinct... But I no go advice u make u give girl belle come go dump her. Any girl wey u wan give belle, u need to dey sure say u go marry her. Except u be one of those guys wey prefer babymamas.
like me
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SarutobiEky(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Why quoting me? undecided
undecided are you done?
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Jmichael1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Senomi:

The person that cursed you is dead, so no need begging you to change. undecided

hahahahaha una get mouth 4 dis forum sha...
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SoapQueen(f): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
nonny1212:

Yes. And she needs to make sure you don't have a "carrot." Cuz what would she explain to herself??

Oops.

3 Likes

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
SarutobiEky:
undecided are you done?
Look I am not in for this petty talks aiit..if you really don't have something to say just let me be..
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Jmichael1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
nonny1212:

my kind of person,i must taste wetin i wn pay 4 ooh...
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by nonny1212: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
SoapQueen:

Yes. And she needs to make sure you don't have a "carrot." Cuz what would she explain to herself??

Oops.
DM me let's locate and do some tests

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ex Is Stalking Me And My Wife On Social Media / Groom's Reaction After Opening Bride's Veil (Video) / How Do I Survive Seeing My Ex-Girlfriend On Campus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.