Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. (2809 Views)

Confusion! Is God A Mystery Or Trinity Is False Doctrine?? / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by suicidesheep: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2022
SWATMan:

@ the bolded. There is no imagination in God's creation. The birth and death of stars follow the plan of the maker. There is no chaos in it. BTW how many asteroid can you list that has struck the earth since you were born? Chaos in your own understanding is the scientific process involved in the formation of those heavenly bodies. If that the case how come the centripetal and gravitational forces that control the planets in our solar system are still functioning? Why hasn't the earth or any other planet drifted away from their elliptical orbit in the Solar system? When volcanic eruption occurs is it chaos or a geothermal activity that helps in releasing bottled up energy in the core of the earth? God's creation is perfect to those who understand his work.

The universe is in constant chaos. Just because you see a pattern amidst the chaos doesn't mean it is perfect.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2022
jamesid29:

where does Space come into this equation?
From big bang
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by spartan117(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2022
LordReed:

Could have just said I don't know how to answer your question, it would have been more understandable because nowhere in that post did you tell us how to distinguish between what a human would be capable of and what your unevidenced gods would be able to do .
Lol was that the point of my post? Why are you talking out of point.
Now that you mention maybe I'll write a book about distinguishing God's deeds from that of man. Stay tuned.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by LordReed(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
spartan117:

Lol was that the point of my post?
Now that you mention maybe I'll write a book about distinguishing what God's deeds from that of man. Stay tuned.

Did I say it was the point of your post? I asked a question you said the answer was there when it clearly was not and now you say it wasn't the point of your post. You shouldn't attempt writing a book just yet, you still have to learn how English works a bit more.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by spartan117(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordReed:

Did I say it was the point of your post? I asked a question you said the answer was there when it clearly was not and now you say it wasn't the point of your post. You shouldn't attempt writing a book just yet, you still have to learn how English works a bit more.
Oh I see, my bad.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
The burden of proof lies on someone making the claim and not on the person who doesn't believe his bogus claims.

No one is going to help you find evidence for your fictions, you created the fiction, you provide evidence for it else we won't believe it

That's how it works dude

I am not the OP who "think" there's no God. I have no doubts that's why I don't look around for proofs. But for you and your team you have responsibility because the leader of your team use the word" think" which is not scientific and connotes doubt.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
suicidesheep:

Your are just stating things, how on earth has AI proved the existence of God, you're just spilling gibberish. Which one is space exploration has also proved the existence of God?
Your username is frightening. AI helped humanity in genome project. We are able to decode DNA this reinforce the concept of grand design as opposed to random natural selection.
In space exploration, we are able to confirm many biblical prophecy such as asteroid colliding with the earth. NASA and SpaceX are both working on making man muliplanetry being majorly because of possibilities of asteroid strike.
AI prophecy is also present in Rev.13 talk about AI killer robots and global identification system.
And many more. I can see the look on your face, but thats the truth.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by jamesid29(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
From big bang
If I'm getting you correctly, you're saying Space was created about at the big bang.... Yes?
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by suicidesheep: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
waldigit:

Your username is frightening. AI helped humanity in genome project. We are able to decode DNA this reinforce the concept of grand design as opposed to random natural selection.
In space exploration, we are able to confirm many biblical prophecy such as asteroid colliding with the earth. NASA and SpaceX are both working on making man muliplanetry being majorly because of possibilities of asteroid strike.
AI prophecy is also present in Rev.13 talk about AI killer robots and global identification system.
And many more. I can see the look on your face, but thats the truth.

Killer robots in d bible.. I think you've watched too many movies.. asteroids falling from d sky is not a prophecy.. it's what has been happening from dawn of time and its still happening today. D reason why NASA and space x are exploring outside world is cause a naturally is an explorer and exploiter.. when d earth's resource is finished, we hope to use the resources of other planets..
And you're doing something which is so typical of many Christian's, trying to use science to prove the rubbish bible.. when intact science always disproves the bible

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
jamesid29:

If I'm getting you correctly, you're saying Space was created about at the big bang.... Yes?
it wasn't created, it started with the big bang.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
waldigit:

I am not the OP who "think" there's no God. I have no doubts that's why I don't look around for proofs. But for you and your team you have responsibility because the leader of your team use the word" think" which is not scientific and connotes doubt.
A disbelief in God is because you have refused to provide proof for a belief in God.

The claim is thus: there's God
The Op doesn't believe that claim.
You have to provide evidence for Op to believe and not tell him to find evidence for you. That's silly

If you made the claim, you find the evidence and not shifting the burden of proof to those who don't believe your claims. Did you even attend any philosophy class in your life?
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by suicidesheep: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
A disbelief is God is because you have refused to prove proof for a belief in God.

You have to provide evidence for Op to believe and not tell him to find evidence for you. That's silly

If you made the claim, you find the evidence and not shifting the burden of proof to those who don't believe your claims. Did you even attend any philosophy class in your life?

He doesn't need to attend any philosophical class. He just doesn't know how to argue
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 6:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
suicidesheep:

He doesn't need to attend any philosophical class. He just doesn't know how to argue
Or maybe he knows that he doesn't have evidence and he's suffering from cognitive dissonance.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
A disbelief in God is because you have refused to provide proof for a belief in God.

The proof you ask for are too numerous to mention. I have discussed some of them in my earlier post but if they are not convincing enough to you, I will do more.
You and I mean your goodself are a living proof that God is real. No big bang has been able to produce by a random process NOKIA 3310 let alone human homosapiens like you, brilliant enough to engage in intellectual debate on existence of God. Beloved you are fearfully and wonderfully created by Almighty God.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
waldigit:

The proof you ask for are too numerous to mention. I have discussed some of them in my earlier post but if they are not convincing enough to you, I will do more.
You and I mean your goodself are a living proof that God is real. No big bang has been able to produce by a random process NOKIA 3310 let alone human homosapiens like you, brilliant enough to engage in intellectual debate on existence of God. Beloved you are fearfully and wonderfully created by Almighty God.
whether big bang produced nokia phone or not is the most unintelligent arhuent for a god. It's not evidence that your God exist.

Give us evidence
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by jamesid29(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
it wasn't created, it started with the big bang.
Hmmm. Ok
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by elated177: 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
davien:
It's been a while, to be clear the god I'm talking about is the general idea of a person, animal or object that exists as the first thing to exist and may or may not be responsible for everything else.

Let's start with the elephant in the room, we share this universe, you and I, we can objectively give ourselves as much evidence for our own existence. So why would we assume there's someone or something that's exactly like us(outside of the universe as a whole)?

If it's the first thing that ever was why would it have the physical characteristics(depending on belief) of the things in our reality? What does god need a right and left hand for? Clothes? Where'd it get them from?

For a person like me I'd reason these ideas borrow from the time they came to be that those gods would have the themes of the society they lived in, Greek gods occupy Greek mountains, Jewish gods occupy Jewish lands, Scientology spirits ride in airplanes(yes, google that).

And it's dumb to think of the creation stories as anything but myths of those cultures. So a perfect god(again, depending on the god) wouldn't get humans right the first time? And if it can't would a second time be any different?

If the god is an animal then why allow human beings exploit the animal for food, luxury and work? Why would a cow/goat, bull god make a human or even want to?

If there's such a place the god stays in but wants us to be with it what's the point of here then? Not saying there can't be reasons but when you start seeing brain dead babies and life born into this world that experiences pain and suffering 24/7 you have to ask why your god would be okay for a new being to be scorned for nothing at all.

Moving on to the naturally next point from the previous, if we humans did something to offend that being then doesn't that mean the being can't predict human behavior? Or wants humans to be exactly the way we are?

Lastly, if there's a way to reclaim peace with that/those being(s) then what function does our experiences serve if we're created with only one purpose in mind? I'm basically saying if you want object "b" to only do x in y then why add a feature that prevents or prolongs this process? Trial? For who? The object does not have to run any trial if it's use is for the creator.

These are my gripes with god/gods as an idea, it would be interesting to see if other people(believer or not) shares the same or have anything to add or clear over these. Thanks.

You think too highly of yourself and your position on the scale of reality. Actually, no one owes you any explanation. If you want to learn, you must beg, plead and implore.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by elated177: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch, tell me a little about yourself.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by elated177: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
suicidesheep:

Killer robots in d bible.. I think you've watched too many movies.. asteroids falling from d sky is not a prophecy.. it's what has been happening from dawn of time and its still happening today. D reason why NASA and space x are exploring outside world is cause a naturally is an explorer and exploiter.. when d earth's resource is finished, we hope to use the resources of other planets..
And you're doing something which is so typical of many Christian's, trying to use science to prove the rubbish bible.. when intact science always disproves the bible

Give me a little info bordering on your background.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by davien(m): 12:50am On Feb 01, 2022
elated177:

You think too highly of yourself and your position on the scale of reality. Actually, no one owes you any explanation. If you want to learn, you must beg, plead and implore.
Looooooool, I believe you're projecting yourself on me buddy. I'm not the one that believes I'm "gods" son like many religious believers.

The years of you pleading and imploring as a whole is no different than what those born before you did for their beliefs, You all think you're rightfor believing your holy books.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 4:38am On Feb 01, 2022
elated177:
Workch, tell me a little about yourself.
what do you want to know?
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Workch:
whether big bang produced nokia phone or not is the most unintelligent arhuent for a god. It's not evidence that your God exist.

Give us evidence
I have given enough evidences. If you don't like them, well that's not my problem. One day you will understand.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by Workch: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2022
waldigit:

I have given enough evidences. If you don't like them, well that's not my problem. One day you will understand.
You are not giving evidence. You are making more claims.

You don't know what evidence is
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2022
Workch:
You are not giving evidence. You are making more claims.

You don't know what evidence is
Teach me pls.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2022
waldigit:

LoL. You have not given evidence, you gave analogies. Analogies are not evidence. It looks designed is not evidence.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by LordReed(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2022
waldigit:

Teach me pls.

Evidence are facts that taken together point to an exclusive conclusion. You cannot point at something open ended and claim it is evidence for your god. The facts you present need to point to the exclusive conclusion that a god exists and is the creator of the universe.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by elated177: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2022
Workch:
what do you want to know?

As much as you are willing to share.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by elated177: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2022
davien:

Looooooool, I believe you're projecting yourself on me buddy. I'm not the one that believes I'm "gods" son like many religious believers.

How am I projecting myself on you? Your last sentence does not make sense.

davien:

The years of you pleading and imploring as a whole is no different than what those born before you did for their beliefs, You all think you're rightfor believing your holy books.

You got it all wrong, dude. You displayed entitlement mentality in your write. You sounded like anyone owed you some kind of explanation. If you, davien, want to learn, you must beg, plead and implore those who know. The days of throwing pearls to pigs are gone.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2022
LordReed:

Evidence are facts that taken together point to an exclusive conclusion. You cannot point at something open ended and claim it is evidence for your god. The facts you present need to point to the exclusive conclusion that a god exists and is the creator of the universe.
On that note I submit that "fact" may not be the "truth" . Do you agree?cheesy
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by waldigit: 10:53am On Feb 01, 2022
LordReed:

LoL. You have not given evidence, you gave analogies. Analogies are not evidence. It looks designed is not evidence.
What is evidence?
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Feb 01, 2022
waldigit:

There is no functional difference between fact and truth.
Re: Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. by KnownUnknown: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2022
waldigit:

Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Muslims Explain This. . / Where Do Witches And Wizards Get Their Power? From / Muslim Father In Uganda Burns Daughter For Becoming Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.