Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,278 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone (27890 Views)

Poverty Rate In Nigeria By Geo-political Zone, According To NBS Report / Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) / Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by DeepSight(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Walkee:
selection of leaders that never lasted 4 years?

Haba. 1979 - 1983 was actually a little over four years.
Also, the 1st republic lasted well over four years.

The two executive heads was definitely a mistake but it is not even relevant in this discourse, just a wrong lexical item which doesn't distort the my point. What I mean is the head of the executive branch and his vice.

No worries my man, just glad to see there is a humble bone in your body after all.

Don't even bring 1960 election into this argument (not that it changes anything) but that was a completely different system of government, three years into that administration Nigeria wasn't still totally independent.

Doesn't change the fact that leaders were elected then.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by RepoMan007: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
MissionaryArchi:
And some heartless people will wickedly refer to South East as Wailers when it's visibly clear being marginalized
Merit based system shouldn't be limited to education and appointments alone, it should cover politics also.

1 Like

Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Walkee: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
DeepSight:

Haba. 1979 - 1983 was actually a little over four years.
Also, the 1st republic lasted well over four years.

No worries my man, just glad to see there is a humble bone in your body after all.

was both the president and the vice from the same region? Did they complete their tenure and power failed to rotate to the South?
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Walkee: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
DeepSight:

I don't even understand the point you are trying to make, I already explained what I meant by power was taken. Even the elected leaders was power not taken from them? Did Shagari whom the people gave power complete his term? Was the power not taken from him?
Abiola whom the people elected, was power not taken from him?

1 Like

Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by DeepSight(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
Walkee:
was both the president and the vice from the same region? Did they complete their tenure and power failed to rotate to the South?

As you have already guessed, those were not the errors I sought to correct. I have corrected the errors I sought to correct, daz all.

PS: My last post. Should not have used the word "republic" in reference to the 1st republic lasting over four years. Cos it wasnt a republic throughout. However it was an elected government and lasted over four years.

Ol boy good night. Take care.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by BabaIbo: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
id911:

You ignorant fellow, I have no business with you! However, I can't allow you misinformed the public by saying Balewa (Prime Minister) wasn't the Head of State. Ciao!

Get out of my mention FO.OL.

your pap*, mam*, all the eld*rs in your kindred are ignorant.

Don't let God pun*sh you for misquoting me and making it look like I don't know what I am saying, which is it is wrong to put both Zik and Tafawa there since n9th of them served the same time, the one with the executive power should be the one on the list and I proceeded by saying the OP is being mischievous by adding Zik just to increase the number of Igbo head of states.

If I swear for you for making it look like I don't know what I'm saying, it will follow you wherever you go, be warned please.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Walkee: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
DeepSight:

As you have already guessed, those were not the errors I sought to correct. I have corrected the errors I sought to correct, daz all.

PS: My last post. Should not have used the word "republic" in reference to the 1st republic lasting over four years. Cos it wasnt a republic throughout. However it was an elected government and lasted over four years.

Ol boy good night. Take care.
as for your point regarding whether power was taken or not, the elected leaders was power not taken from them? Did Shagari whom the people gave power complete his term? Was the power not taken from him?
Abiola whom the people elected, was power not taken from him?
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by DeepSight(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
Walkee:
Did Shagari whom the people gave power complete his term?

Yes he completed his first term.
You have too many facts scattered and wrong.
Good night again.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Walkee: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
DeepSight:

Yes he completed his first term.
You have too many facts scattered and wrong.
Good night again.
he was still in power when he got booted out. If Buhari is ousted this evening, did he complete his tenure?
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by DeepSight(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Walkee:
he was still in power when he got booted out. If Buhari is ousted this evening, did he complete his tenure?

I don tire.
Good night again.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Poiu11: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
m
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Walkee: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
DeepSight:

I don tire.
Good night again.
goodnight. I have been in a very bad mood all day mainly because FG have not paid salary. Sorry if I was rude to you.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by DeepSight(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
Walkee:
goodnight. I have been in a very bad mood all day mainly because FG have not paid salary. Sorry if I was rude to you.

Cheers amigo. Apologies too.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2022
MissionaryArchi:
And some heartless people will wickedly refer to South East as Wailers when it's visibly clear being marginalized
What will north east then say
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by Coldie(m): 2:48am On Feb 01, 2022
Nnamdi azikiwe was not president though, at a time when Tafawa balewa was prime minister the president was seen as VP position while the premier was seen as governorship positioy
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:56am On Feb 01, 2022
THE RECORDS ARE VERY CLEAR.
IF THIS BUHARI'S INEC DOESNT DO THE RIGHT FOR YA ONE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION TO CONTINUE,BY HANDING OVER TO IGBO MAN IN 2023 IRRESPECTIVE OF PARTY,THEN IT MEANS THAT NOBODY WILL SUPPORT YA ONE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION AGAIN. undecided
IT IS BETA FOR FOR THE NORTHERNERS TO SELECT AN IGBO CANDIDATE THEY CAN SUPPORT FOR 2023 WHICH IS IN THEIR OWN INTEREST TO CONTINUE THEIR ONE NIGERIA MANTRA.
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by aribisala0(m): 11:56am On Feb 01, 2022
Coldie:
Nnamdi azikiwe was not president though, at a time when Tafawa balewa was prime minister the president was seen as VP position while the premier was seen as governorship positioy

Not True He was not seen as VP. That is a wrong example

He lad limited constitutional roles but he was the Head of State just like the Queen of England.

1 Like

Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by masseratti: 11:27am On Feb 10, 2022
aribisala0:

Canada , Australia etc? became a republic blablabla
Not relevant and tangential to what happened in 1957 .That is a matter of fact not one for debate

All that nonsense about system of government is irrelevant
The point is that we were still a Colony

Executive power existed even within local government authority. So there are all layers of executive power
Even a school headmaster has some executive power

We are talking about sovereign executive power.

please stop shifting the goal post... Nothing about a "Sovereign" here, like you said executive powers can be at different level, Tarawa balewa was the the executive prime Minister in 1957...you just see how you nailed yourself with your analogy?
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by aribisala0(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2022
[s]
masseratti:
please stop shifting the goal post... Nothing about a "Sovereign" here, like you said executive powers can be at different level, Tarawa balewa was the the executive prime Minister in 1957...you just see how you nailed yourself with your analogy?
[/s]

Rubbish
Re: Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone by masseratti: 11:43am On Feb 10, 2022
aribisala0:
[s][/s]

Rubbish
lolzzzzz was expecting that... Typical of your likes... When they have nothing to say after a superior comment... They say Rubbish... I agree with you. Lolzz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Tinubu Will Run with A Muslim VP': NNPC deletes tweet, issues disclaimer / Group Raises Alarm Over Billion Naira House Linked To Uzodinma’s Aide, Nwaneri / Army Raids Boko-Haram Sambisa Camp In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.