Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? (21147 Views)

North Constitutes 69% Of Children Without Access To Education —UNICEF / Why Are School Children Not Repeating Classes Again? / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
When health workers come to a school, will they not allow the school to contact the parents before they vaccinate their children?
Some health workers came to my school and started disturbing the peace of the school because we told her we will contact the parents and seek their consent before they can vaccinate the children, she started shouting they will close down the school, this that, torn the visitors book, we have to tell her to go. We contacted our parents some refused most said we go ahead then told the local health center to come and vaccinate the children tommorow.

I want to know do they have right to force vaccine on children without parents consent?

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
They usually come with a notice about three days before the actual vaccination.

The process is not compulsory. Some had already done it in church or even at home so parents' consent must be sought first. Else, you people might have a case in your hand

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by dawnomike(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mrshape:
When health workers come to a school, will they not allow the school to contact the parents before they vaccinate their children?
Some health workers came to my school and started disturbing the peace of the school because we told her we will contact the parents and seek their consent before they can vaccinate the children, she started shouting they will close down the school, this that, torn the visitors book, we have to tell her to go. We contacted our parents some refused most said we go ahead then told the local health center to come and vaccinate the children tommorow.

I want to know do they have right to force vaccine on children without parents consent?
The kids should only be vaccinated if and only if their parents consent to it... The health worker will go but your school may land in trouble for it.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
ayindejimmy:

The process is not compulsory. Some had already done it in church or even at home so parents' consent must be sought first. Else, you people might have a case in your hand
Thank you,
You have to see this woman today o. We will close this school, you are a small boy, You must bring this children out for vaccination, I will call my lawyer and report her to the police

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
dawnomike:
The kids should only be vaccinated if and only if their parents consent to it... The health worker will go but your school may land in trouble for it.
Thanks this woman shock me today o. I come day think say them send am come

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by yomi007k(m): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
Please let us be logical in this situation.

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

I think the school should be closed down.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 3:35am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

Did we reject the vaccine? No.
We only told her to eñable us contact our parents first.
Meanwhile some parents said they shouldn't vaccinate their children in school, the will take the children to the health center to do that.
Besides her behavior was suspicious, health workers are not rude people they are supposed to be trained

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SmileDance(f): 4:29am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

We only told her to eñable us contact how parents first.
Meanwhile some parents said they shouldn't vaccinate their children in school, the will take the children to the health center to do that.
Besides her behavior was suspicious, health workers are not rude people they are supposed to be trained
I guess the school is in northern nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 5:27am On Feb 01, 2022
SmileDance:
I guess the school is in northern nigeria
No South parents have to be sure of what their children is taking as vaccine, not that they don't know the importance of the vaccine

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by yomi007k(m): 6:09am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

We only told her to eñable us contact how parents first.

The Ministry of Health will not see hear these excuses.

How many health workers are nice in Nigeria?

You said you are not sure if she is one. Did you ask her for identity and she couldn't provide or is your school new to this vaccination process?

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SmileDance(f): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

No South parents have to be sure of what their children is taking as vaccine, not that they don't know the importance of the vaccine
okay I get it now, people are being careful because of the way the country is, during our days our parents didn't have to worry about that.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SporaD8: 7:02am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

You said you are not sure if she is one. Did you ask her for identity and she couldn't provide or is your school new to this vaccination process?

Some of those children are already vaccinated. Thats why parental consent should be given.
Imagine taking compulsory vaccination in Hospital, forced vaccination in School, social vaccination in place of worship and capping it with random vaccination on the street!
Haba the immune system might at some point get overwhelmed!
That is why Northerners believe vaccination is a subtle attempt to reduce their population

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Asquare84(m): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mrshape: 7:26am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

Someone that torn out the page of of our visitors book where she wrote her data

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by EXLOVER(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2022
I will rather sprinkle some slice of marijuana in my kid indomie than that covid-19 vaccine...

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by nairaman66(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

No need for quarrels. Just ask the officials how would they feel once they return home and find out their kids/wards have been vaccinated without their consent! Tit for tat!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by heykims(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2022
It is because of the negative mindsets of Nigerians that always breeds conspiracy theories.
Now polio that was initially declared eradicated in Nigeria has been resurfaced in the north thanks to people like the op and ignorant parents.
If I were in authority, I wouldnt hesitate to order closing down ur school. Nigeria is probably the only country in the world now that has cases of wild polio if truly it was confirmed in the North.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by maaji: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2022
I work with the national Primary health Care development agency. I am part of the management support team. Prior to any campaign on polio vaccine, circulars and letters are distributed to all schools so as to be aware of upcoming campaigns and be duely notified. Each school authority is to allow children for mass vaccination. It is a MUST for each school to allow that to happen or will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Now let me break it down. In vaccination, the main aim is to reach as more children as possible included churches, mosques, schools, Islamic school and were children gathers. Children from 0 to 59 months. We have 2 major forms of vaccination

House to house
Special teams

The house to house teams visit each household to vaccinate children. Those teams also go to school and do mass vaccination

Now to the issue of parents before any campaign a mandatory and compulsory visit will be made to the authorities including the local government chairman, councillor and all district heads both chiefs and kings

Mobilisation funds will be made available for dissemination of information whether through radio or tv stations will be made to inform parents of oncoming polio vaccination.

The parents already know that thier children will be vaccinated by trusted and well known health worker.

Pardon mu epistly

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by okorosblog: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Barbaric
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by adecz: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2022
undecided

Polio vaccination is compulsory
worldwide.

It is stubborn people like you that
have kept Nigeria ( especially Northern Nigeria ) together with backward countries
like Afghanistan and the village areas
of Pakistan as the only places in the
whole world to still have wild polio
disease. ☹️☹️☹️

Even in Nigeria, the Northerners are
the culprits that put Nigeria on this
embarrassing situation. And the sad
fact is that all the endemic areas of
the world are Muslim majority or
fanatics, high illiteracy areas.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by phemmyfour: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

Its for their own good ....any school or parent that oppose the move should have their brain checked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Boyooosa(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Yeah, 100%

And that is one of the problems we have in our society....
When an illiterate heads a society, he will assign duty to an illiterate and the second illiterate will discharge the the duty in an illiterate way.
It's left to you to make decision of allowing their (first and second illiterates) illiteracy to have negative impact on your life or not....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by paulolee(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2022
in this case, d polio vaccine is compulsory n dey see no need flof asking d parents first bcoz dey know it must be a yes.
if u understand d workings of dt vaccine on kids, u would understand beter why dey were furious bt consent should also be seeked too
in my place, a notice is sent first n all kids partake in it on d said date

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by DropsMic(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Yawn
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by peacettw: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

Thank you for bringing this up. Not just polio. Basically all vaccines including injectables are now being given to children both in schools and in churches without the parents' consent. It's almost as if they own these kids. They forget that these vaccines have their own side effects and for some vaccines, it can cause the very disease they are made to protect.

This wanton disregard for parental consent needs to be curbed and fast too. It is just unacceptable

15 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by tillaman(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Huhhuh
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mophor: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Topmaike007(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ShenTeh(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
I have children and would demand to be informed before anyone administers ANY drug on my child. Your decision is right, especially if they have not preinformed your school.

You know once you give anybody a branded uniform/jacket with plenty pockets or hi-viz vest in Nigeria, they have become the law.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Perfecttouchade: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Why would they have to be forced?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by richPHAROAH: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2022
A child is not a personal property. He or she is a govt property by default

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Students On Scholarship Graduate From Egyptian University / JAMB Suspends Its Worker for Accusing A Snake Of Swallowing N36million / Pastor Ashimolowo Completes KICC University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.