Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? (21145 Views)

North Constitutes 69% Of Children Without Access To Education —UNICEF / Why Are School Children Not Repeating Classes Again? / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by BigDawsNet: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2022
EXLOVER:

No 51 250 iyara Warri, Delta state

Shey dey will meet you at home?
Pls don't run oh.. They just want to quickly discuss somethings with you...
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by anyilalaz: 10:30am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:
Please let us be logical in this situation.

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

I think the school should be closed down.

Just listen to yourself!? To slap you 'the hungry me'. No polio vaccination programm is on going without proper sensitization and awareness from the government (federal /state /local) & the donor agencies /bodies like UNICEF, ROTARY International, etc. As a parent, I will not allow my kids to be vaccinated in school, church etc without my consent. I will rather take them to health centers when immunizations of such magnitudes is around.

Coming to issue at hand. The health workers(s) err by coming to the school without informing the school and by extension the pupils parents. This could have enabled the school reach out to the parents for their consent, know which kids have or have not received immunization(with proof), makes the school prepare every covid protocols for the health visitors.

Threatening, the school is not enough. Do she think we are in Banana Republic? Good governance and following due process are hallmarks of any civil society.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by obailala(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2022
heykims:
It is because of the negative mindsets of Nigerians that always breeds conspiracy theories.
Now polio that was initially declared eradicated in Nigeria has been resurfaced in the north thanks to people like the op and ignorant parents.
If I were in authority, I wouldnt hesitate to order closing down ur school. Nigeria is probably the only country in the world now that has cases of wild polio if truly it was confirmed in the North.
What's all these nonsense going on in this tbread with people supporting the barbaric behaviour of the so called health worker? What did the OP or school owner do or say wrong by insisting that parental consent be sought first?

So because Nigeria has cases of wild polio, then that means any stranger that walks into a school compound claiming to be a health worker should be permitted to forcefully inject people's kids with 'God knows what' without the consent of parents?

Try and inject my child without my consent first! I'll make sure you the health worker, the school owner and even the teachers in that school would languish in prison; and yeah of course, I'll make sure I burn down or close down the school myself. Nonsense!
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Assaljii: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2022
Please visit this website for vaccine related issues:
www.thinktwice.com
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by prophetfire: 10:39am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

The Ministry of Health will not see hear these excuses.

How many health workers are nice in Nigeria?

You said you are not sure if she is one. Did you ask her for identity and she couldn't provide or is your school new to this vaccination process?

. You are wrong in this your argument. Parents consent is needed.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by 30naira: 10:41am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

The Ministry of Health will not see hear these excuses.

How many health workers are nice in Nigeria?

You said you are not sure if she is one. Did you ask her for identity and she couldn't provide or is your school new to this vaccination process?

Your argument is abit lopsided. The school did not refuse vaccination. At the same time, they can not consent to vaccination on behalf of the children's parents. Parents still have the right to refuse to have their children vaccinated.

The proper procedure for vaccination of this kind is for the health center to give advance notice to the school, while the school in turn notify the parents.

You don't simply show up and start putting stuff in the children's mouth!. If it happens that way, anybody with evil intent will visit the school and do same.

The school's action is in other here. If something goes south, they are the ones that will be held responsible.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On Feb 01, 2022
This is what i was thinking, what if she had an ulterior motive.

Mrshape:

Did we reject the vaccine? No.
We only told her to eñable us contact our parents first.
Meanwhile some parents said they shouldn't vaccinate their children in school, the will take the children to the health center to do that.
Besides her behavior was suspicious, health workers are not rude people they are supposed to be trained
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:44am On Feb 01, 2022
We have some robots in this country, who will just say yes to anything, as long as they are told its good.

obailala:
What's all these nonsense going on in this tbread with people supporting the barbaric behaviour of the so called health worker? What did the OP or school owner do or say wrong by insisting that parental consent be sought first?

So because Nigeria has cases of wild polio, then that means any stranger that walks into a school compound claiming to be a health worker should be permitted to forcefully inject people's kids with 'God knows what' without the consent of parents? Are normal at all in this country?

Try and inject my child without my consent first! I'll make sure you the health worker, the school owner and even the teachers in that school would languish in prison; and yeah of course, I'll make sure I burn down or close down the school myself. Nonsense!

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2022
No they don't have the right, to just do what they want without informing parents, its tyrannical.

Mrshape:
When health workers come to a school, will they not allow the school to contact the parents before they vaccinate their children?
Some health workers came to my school and started disturbing the peace of the school because we told her we will contact the parents and seek their consent before they can vaccinate the children, she started shouting they will close down the school, this that, torn the visitors book, we have to tell her to go. We contacted our parents some refused most said we go ahead then told the local health center to come and vaccinate the children tommorow.

I want to know do they have right to force vaccine on children without parents consent?
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2022
smiley smiley
What kind of mentality is this, no child is a property of the government, and they are neither property to the parents.

richPHAROAH:
[s]A child is not a personal property. He or she is a govt property by default[/s]
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by mastermaestro(m): 10:57am On Feb 01, 2022
CXLVII:
Backyard schools.

When you paying 1k per term and still claiming right.

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 01, 2022
Cuteimma1:
Did you even read the post entirely? Some people ehn

You will just disgrace yourself. I dont have your time. People like you are too dull. cheesy
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 01, 2022
ScamDemicEra:

She already responded that the school is in the South, she's not opposed to polio vaccine but she's insisting on parental consent.

Why is all these hard for you to read and understand, you're just looking for an avenue to spew out your Covid-19 vaccine jingles.

Vaccine Junkies/apostles no dey get sense.
I guess it is too hard for you to hear the truth. The person has responded me directly like a normal human. "I TOO KNOW" idiotaaas like you should shut the crap up.

Learn to respond politely to posts and stop showing the peacock syndrome. Na knock you go get for head again if you try it with me. Get the crap out.

Let me attend to better person instead of wasting my energy on you.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by bakesntakes(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:
When health workers come to a school, will they not allow the school to contact the parents before they vaccinate their children?
Some health workers came to my school and started disturbing the peace of the school because we told her we will contact the parents and seek their consent before they can vaccinate the children, she started shouting they will close down the school, this that, torn the visitors book, we have to tell her to go. We contacted our parents some refused most said we go ahead then told the local health center to come and vaccinate the children tommorow.

I want to know do they have right to force vaccine on children without parents consent?

They have no right whatsoever to vaccinate peoples children without the parents consent... In Nigeria many government officials are uneducated and unqualified for the positions they occupy, that's why these kind of rubbish happens
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

I am a sounthner and the a proprietor of school
You didnt say you are in the southern part in your post..now that you have said it and I believe it is a private school, then, you need to apply wisdom. So I will advise you like the head of the school.

It means parents have not been informed. What you need to do is to ask them to chill. Then, assure the health personnels of your cooperation also. Make sure you investigate very well. Get to know that the vaccines are approved from govt. Then, call parents teachers meeting and discuss it. This is how to go about it.

They are only helping out. Polio was so rampant in the northern part of Nigeria cos they dont take it. Most southerners take polio vaccine from primary health care centers. So, many of those children in your care must have taken since they are in the south.

You will not have any problem with the parents and even the medical personnels. It is even a plus for your school. Just make sure you investigate very well and be polite to the personnels.

Northerners outrightly rejected it. And the disease was killing children there and rendering them useless. Govt had to move stubbornly to vaccinate the kids. See eh...na stubbornness of govt got the kids vaccinated in the north. The kids and parents were enticed with everything...sweets, biscuits chocolates, etc.. everything the personnels know, they did to make sure they vaccinated the kids..if they fail today, they return again and again till mission accomplished. It was an effort I praised govt for. And gradually the kids are ok now. The rate of polio in the north has drastically reduced.

To me, it is strange that such would happen in the south... that personnels patronize schools in the south is strange. Anyway, make sure they are really from govt and they are carrying the right vaccine. Then, alert the teachers and parents. It is not a difficult issue at all.

May God make your business prosperous. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by cooljude(m): 11:23am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

You no wise

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by 360command: 11:24am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

your words may be true but don't just reason like that. It is the approach by the health worker which make things suspicious. A parents consent has to be notified. The government officials ought to have alerted the school before time. The school has to investigate the people coming in to give the shots.

this is what happened and then kids in the northern Nigeria were given this polio vaccine where they started having some negative effects and die.

The same thing happened in south Africa, a clinic was opened under the disguise that they are trying to vaccinate and prevent an outbreak but meanwhile, this same clinic was injecting HIV in people's body.

Have you heard about the Tuskegee experiment? How the negroid race was killed in America through the so called vaccine preventing outbreak..

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by FullBlastLight: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

And u think where are in authoritarian climes where pple's consent can be tyrannically subjugated? Huh?

D health officials, even if they're working 4 d govt, can't even win d case in any competent law court!
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by godofuck231: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2022
richPHAROAH:
A child is not a personal property. He or she is a govt property by default
you can say that about your human rights because it also belongs to the government

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by SOFTENGR: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

What if some of the children had already taken the vaccine without the knowledge of the school? Don't you think parents should be asked first?
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Tosman12(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

what are you saying did you even go to school at all?? so they can go ahead to vaccinate without parent consent? are you a parent .......... even from the health center that dispatch them , they usually told them not to administer without the parent's or Gaudian consent.... its not too much for her to calm and allow the school get the parent consent. its not an orphanage home its a school.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by FrenchyL(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

Please can you share details about where this took place?
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by NOwazobia: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2022
adecz:

Every child ( except born in villages)
receive polio immunization at birth.

Booster doses are given later from about
3 to 7 years.
Your coconut head and empty ego no go allow you understand wetin people dey talk before you comment. Tueh!
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by rezy15(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
maaji:
I work with the national Primary health Care development agency. I am part of the management support team. Prior to any campaign on polio vaccine, circulars and letters are distributed to all schools so as to be aware of upcoming campaigns and be duely notified. Each school authority is to allow children for mass vaccination. It is a MUST for each school to allow that to happen or will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Now let me break it down. In vaccination, the main aim is to reach as more children as possible included churches, mosques, schools, Islamic school and were children gathers. Children from 0 to 59 months. We have 2 major forms of vaccination

House to house
Special teams

The house to house teams visit each household to vaccinate children. Those teams also go to school and do mass vaccination

Now to the issue of parents before any campaign a mandatory and compulsory visit will be made to the authorities including the local government chairman, councillor and all district heads both chiefs and kings

Mobilisation funds will be made available for dissemination of information whether through radio or tv stations will be made to inform parents of oncoming polio vaccination.

The parents already know that thier children will be vaccinated by trusted and well known health worker.

Pardon mu epistly
MST spotted. Afenet? cheesy
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by wirinet(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
omoalaafin:
It is wrong for them to do that. You dare not try that with my kid. Some kids may already be vaccinated and would not need their vaccination. My 2 year daughter for instance has her a photocopy of her vaccination card in her schoolu. Schools need to be careful so these people don't put them in trouble. They should not bow to any intimidation. Parents must always be informed.

So you see, this is more a failure of governance rather than put the blame on the school or health workers. The vaccinations should be better managed by the federal or state government.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by EXLOVER(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Shey dey will meet you at home?
Pls don't run oh.. They just want to quickly discuss somethings with you...

Where i wan go? I'm jobless
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by armadeo(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

This is a very myopic view .

You want to give a vaccine to minors without their parents consent. You have no idea of the wahala you are courting.

Why don't you go and knock on people's doors at home and tell them take vaccine or pack out.

WTF!!

@op you did well by refusing. The ministry of health cannot close a school down on its own just like that. You've saved yourself unnecessary grief. Well done.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Chartey(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
lexy2014:

Which nonesense excuses are u referring?
Is it the ministry of health the owner of the children? If a parent refuses vaccination for his or her child, is the ministry of health going to arrest the parent?

Very possible. A child does not belong to the parent. A child is not personal property. That's why you can't sell, kill or refuse life-saving treatment for a child. Na oversabi dey worry most so-called educated Nigerians
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by armadeo(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
maaji:
I work with the national Primary health Care development agency. I am part of the management support team. Prior to any campaign on polio vaccine, circulars and letters are distributed to all schools so as to be aware of upcoming campaigns and be duely notified. Each school authority is to allow children for mass vaccination. It is a MUST for each school to allow that to happen or will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Now let me break it down. In vaccination, the main aim is to reach as more children as possible included churches, mosques, schools, Islamic school and were children gathers. Children from 0 to 59 months. We have 2 major forms of vaccination

House to house
Special teams

The house to house teams visit each household to vaccinate children. Those teams also go to school and do mass vaccination

Now to the issue of parents before any campaign a mandatory and compulsory visit will be made to the authorities including the local government chairman, councillor and all district heads both chiefs and kings

Mobilisation funds will be made available for dissemination of information whether through radio or tv stations will be made to inform parents of oncoming polio vaccination.

The parents already know that thier children will be vaccinated by trusted and well known health worker.

Pardon mu epistly

Was the school previously informed? I didn't get that from the op.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by lilyheaven: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2022
descarado:

They always do.
Always.
Announcements are always made in various religious houses.
Words of mouth etc.

What's wrong with people?

If they are told to pay exorbitant price for this, maybe they will take it serious.

Teacher said her school was not informed.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
All vaccines are for depopulation purposes. If government really cared about children they would be sending their workers around to ensure that every child is getting enough food and are not malnourished . What about taking steps to curb mosquitoes and malaria menace by eradicating standing water open gutters and educating populations?
PeaceJoyLove:

You must be a northerner or NYSC in the north. Mr man or Ms lady, let's kick polio out of Nigeria. I used to abuse and insult the northerners cos they dont usually take the vaccine cos of lies they were told. Lol. And then, their children start leaping on one leg as they grow older...lol. I wasn't surprised when different narratives about covid19 vaccine came out. Actually God used covid 19 to correct me, and not to look down on those poor northerners. If grown up literate people all over the world can spread different lies....666 in vaccine...hell in vaccine...electronic chip in vaccines ..lucifer in vaccines...bla bla bla...then, those people are not stu.pid after all. Humans can be easily manipulated. This is the lesson I have learned. Politicians and business men manipulate people everytime.

Kick Polio out of Nigeria. Let the health personnels do their jobs. Let them give the kids polio vaccination. It is for their good. Most parents have been brainwashed....and its stup.id...though, I dont blame them again. But this is polio and not Covid-19..let the children be saved. It is non of your business. Your business is to make sure they are really from the health department... that's all you need to know. And to know they are really sent. If possible, take their pictures and take videos of the personnels administering the vaccines. That's your business. Ok?
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by efficiencie(m): 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

Your idiocy is monumental. So you would vaccinate a child without the consent of the parents? You should perhaps build a school and try that of people's kids. You will see what your eyes has never seen. So you could just walk into a school and start injecting people's children with what you know nothing about? Na why people dey mumu like this. The epidemic of idiots in our world today is deadlier than the COVID pandemic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MBA Students: Let's Meet Here / Pastor Ashimolowo Completes KICC University. / What Are The Benefits Of Student Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.