Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open (16436 Views)

APC Under Pressure To Throw Presidential Contest Open / Adamu Atiku-Abubakar: My Father Will Contest For Presidency In 2023 / It Will Be Disastrous, If PDP Fails To Give Me The Ticket~ Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by NwaNimo1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open, Zone To South ― Peter Obi

Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi says he will contest in the 2023 presidential election if his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) throws it open for all to contest, or zones it to the south.

Obi who was PDP’s Vice-Presidential Candidate in the 2019 Presidential polls was quoted as saying this, during a press interview.

A press release by his media aide, Mr Val Obienyem quoted Obi as saying that he is capable of turning around the fortunes of the country but will wait on the decision of the Peoples Democratic Party before he declares his intention.

Obi said: “All the elections that I followed in the past, the party that I belong to today, the PDP made a pronunciation and took a stand. At least in 2019 when I was involved, where I can say Atiku graciously chose me as his running mate which I remain eternally grateful to him for, the party decided that the candidate should come from the North and that was what the party decided.

And I believe that the party owes it a duty to say what their stand is. If there stand today is South, be rest assured I am aspiring, if they say North, I can’t do otherwise or they chose the option that everybody is free, then, of course, you will be hearing from me.”

The former Governor while affirming his commitment to building a better Nigeria, advised all and sundry to choose a candidate who is competent and most importantly has integrity.

“What we are looking for in this country today are people of integrity, people of conscience, people who are less greedy. Educational qualification is not a measure of integrity; it doesn’t guarantee that somebody is less greedy or that people have a conscience.”

He further added, “I have seen people here acquire what they don’t need. I saw it while I was serving, to fight corruption here, you need somebody who has integrity, who is not greedy, who has a conscience if you have that, fighting corruption is easy, because, if you who is in charge is not stealing, you will reduce stealing by 50 to 70 per cent.

And, “it is critical that you have somebody who is like that. It is not when people are acquiring lands, houses, everything they don’t need; they want to live a lifestyle that is far beyond the economy of Nigeria, far beyond their earnings, that is why the place is collapsing. That is why we have insecurity, that is why we have poverty. We need to manage the costs efficiently and these are the critical areas as you people know as you look for people who will govern the country in the future,” he noted.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/i-will-contest-2023-presidential-election-if-pdp-throws-contest-open-zone-to-south-%e2%80%95-peter-obi/

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
shocked

Peter Gregory Obi should not border himself about Nigeria because Nigerians does not deserve him.

We prefer to vote in another Buhari pro-max.

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Michelle70(m): 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
Go and sidon, ur transparency is questionable.
Obiano is the best from SE

33 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by SmartProf(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
As long as u have the millions to waste on expression of interest form, you can contest...some politicians just waste money even when it's clear they won't win votes from their family compound. A certain Maduka comes to mind undecided

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Kosoco(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
Peter the Rock

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Maxymilliano(m): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
As a strong member of the party, Peter Obi could have taking the bold step by throwing his hat into the ring to make a bold statement rather than waiting for party decision before knowing the next line of action.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Kosoco(m): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Peter Okwute.... Bring Back Anids...

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Kosoco(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Peter Okwute... Ozoemena Nsugbe Affirmed your leadership roles.... With ANIDS. You did wonders in Anambra. Let the light Shine upon you.

54 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by PressMyButton: 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kosoco:
Peter Okwute.... Bring Back Anids...
Lol..
Bro, pls off the mic, don't turn it up yet. Time never reach.
we are earnestly praying and hoping for him to clinch the ticket.

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Invictuse: 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Everybody de talk the Pandora criminal bastard self de talk.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Kosoco(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
PressMyButton:

Lol..
Bro, pls off the mic, don't turn it up yet. Time never reach.
when are earnestly praying and hoping for him to clinch the ticket.

But what do you think if he becomes the president of this great nation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by PressMyButton: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kosoco:
But what do you think if he becomes the president of this great nation
The " if" conditionality will never happen. Let Obi declare first and we see how he would survive.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by iokpebholo: 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
Don't bother ursef sir, nigerians are just block heads dt will only reasonvia ethnic/religious sentiments....They will rather queue behind d renowned bullon van crook...Even ur kingsmen will always b foolish that dey will never come out and vote

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by haffaze777(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
Peter Peter Obi shouldn't disturb himself because most Nigeria won't vote for a liar,some people can try to repackage the fraud but we won't fall for their gimmick.

N B: you're free to abuse,curse and say whatever trash you want to say to your father,the fact remain that Obi Pandora him tu lie is a known factgrin

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by LegendHero(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
Obi Pandora the balless fugitive.

When the chance of VP is now slim with Atiku after the speculation that Atiku is trying to woo Wike, Obi the fugitive came out from his shell to stylishly declare.

He’s even scared to declare with his full chest.

I hope he doesn’t turn to a cry baby when he comes last in the PDP primaries.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Golan007: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
You can never win sef.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by mbahdi(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
God people are not always seen
What a vibrant man.and ready to work.but my country will rather choose a walking corpse dat will be presiding dem from USA

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by NwaNimo1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Brendaniel: 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
I AM ALSO CONTESTING FOR PRESIDENCY, LET'S RESCUE NIGERIA WE CAN DO IT... cool

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by VcStunner(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
good
Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
I will be so happy if you do Sir

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Sabadon(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Obi would make a good and detribalised president he got the charisma, tho i would prefer moghalu or Adeshina

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Omicron007: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
shocked

Peter Obi is one politician I admire so much.
I also like Professor Osinbajo.

But the Nigerian factor may not favour them.

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by aspabay(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
In other words, I'll contest if they will dash it to Igbos

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by maak400: 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
Fulani and Hausa people talk say dem no go vote any southerner, only northern candidate. Nigeria is gone for good, it can never work again. southerners wake up! #BreakUpNigeriaNow!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Davinity: 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
If this happens I'm voting with my 2 hands

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by gambojimeta: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Lol

One word

ATIKU

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by LeoDeKing: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
haffaze777:
Peter Peter Obi shouldn't disturb himself because most Nigeria won't vote for a liar,some people can try to repackage the fraud but we won't fall for their gimmick.

N B: you're free to abuse,curse and say whatever trash you want to say to your father,the fact remain that Obi Pandora him tu lie is a known factgrin

I'm really happy with happenings in national politics. It's no brainer that igbo is nowhere close to Aso Rock. But they have already won and sworn in on nairaland. Lol, laff want comot my teeth. grin grin grin

Na the biafra/zoo chant wey deym no dey shout again dey even funny me pass. Very funny pipu. Abeg who get that meme of one dog � confused on which to go for between biafla and presidency? grin grin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Res20: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
Until then
Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by Racoon(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
Don't contest any election in Nigeria because this failed entity is a,monumental liability to anyone coming on board.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Will Contest 2023 Presidential Election, If PDP Throws Contest Open by GeneralOjukwu: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
grin

Coward!

He would rather be a Fulani houseboy asslicker.

Shameful. angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Markets Within Trade Fair Complex Have Been Sealed By Lawma And Lagesc (Photos) / Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years / BREAKING !! Massive Pro-Biafran Protests In London Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.