Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery (52872 Views)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria / Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Cousin9999: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
kelvnigeria:

Any fool can get a PHD! Only the skillful ones with a PHD are needed in reality.

So go ahead and heap all the PHDs in the world. It does not cover for your incompetence.

Do you have a PhD?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by omojeesu(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
sageb:

I hope he gets a better job
In saner climes, this man would have been gainfully employed.
You will never see that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka hunchogee in this kind of thread.
If it is to hype politicians looting Akwa Ibom treasury, you will see him.

Job mentality is mental slavery!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Stanfeelings: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
sonofthunder:

So how did he sponsor his education?
Very stupid question...how are u sane?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by danowena: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Is not possible to graduate with a British university First class and couldn't get a good job anywhere in the world
You don’t know how the dynamics of getting employed works. If someone told you that a person with this guy’s qualifications will be doing his kind of job, I am sure you wud have said it is a lie. You don’t know what others are going through, you might have been fortunate to get a job quickly, don’t take it for granted. I am telling you my experience. Do u know how many job interviews I attended and they will tell me “you did well,we will get back to you”? Some will outrightky tell me that they cannot employ me because I won’t stay long with them as I have great potentials and will definitely get better opportunities. One even told me that if he wmploys me, the chairman may consider replacing him with me. You think it is by might? Well for me, it was the grace of God that delivered me. I even applied to be a Dangote truck driver. But to the glory of God, we now attend regular meetings in other continents. And travel minimum of business class in top airlines. You can guess the rest. All glory to God.
I can see you don’t know that a good degree does not mean right to work any where in the world. You need to first have the rights to work before ur qualification comes in.

2 Likes

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by gforce5: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2022
This chap made a mistake. He should have done the ICAN exams and qualify as an accountant instead of doing his masters and P.H.D. As a certified Accountant, he could work in any industry as accountants are still needed. After he secured a job, he could then proceed to further his education while working which would have increased his portfolio. This is why it is important to have a career advice bureau in every institution across the country. In the UK, there is a career advice bureau in every campus in the country. You have mentors who would give you advice on life after university. Not every body is sure of what they want to do once they graduate. That's why having a mentor is very important. A mentor ,who has experience, would be able to guide you towards your career objective.

As for the people moaning about PHD holders doing low income jobs, even in the west, PHD holders are doing low income jobs such as working for MC Donalds, Supermarkets, Cinemas etc. Job scarcity is everywhere and most employers in the west are looking for people with experience not multiple degrees that make them overqualified. Employers have a business to run.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by kelvnigeria(m): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
Cousin9999:

Do you have a PhD?

The question is do I need a PHD to make the money I am making. Get one and holla at me for a Job.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by tarantino1: 12:07am On Feb 14, 2022
SeunTheOwner:

Anything can happen in this world. Yhis is happening in a saner clime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3VGI0V5Rs

Just watched it.

Most people would probably say that something like this would not happen in the mighty US of A. A masters in Mathematics and Engineering in the most STEM oriented country in the world living in the street.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.