Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,498 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery (52963 Views)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria / Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by ufotty2001: 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
All those M.sc and PHD are useless.. instead go and do ICAN..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Machinegun91(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
He's obtaining another degree in soda and fabrication courtsey of Dangote university.

Education is Scam finally

3 Likes

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Peterosky(m): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
As him matter don enter internet like this, Baba God don pick him call.Watch out for the next headlines with very palatable news about his situation. Congratulations to the man in advance.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Falconx47: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
sageb:

I hope he gets a better job
In saner climes, this man would have been gainfully enployed.
You will never see that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka hunchogee in this kind of thread.
If it is to hype politicians looting Akwa Ibom treasury, you will see him.

PhD holders still struggle even in first world countries, it's mostly about one's personality and luck, the world is almost same all over.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by okomile(f): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
We are in zoogeria

He is lucky to even get a job

He should be grateful and move on

Las las, na to eat be d kooko

We shall survive this zoogeria
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
kelvnigeria:

Any fool can get a PHD! Only the skillful ones with a PHD are needed in reality.

So go ahead and heap all the PHDs in the world. It does not cover for your incompetence.

Only smart ones like you would know this.

Majority of people are dumbs. They think gaining certificate is one and only rule of money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by ekerintee: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
sageb:

My dear ,in a saner climate ,he could still be unemployed.it depends on what he has to offer those who want to employ you.You don't expect them to employ a PhD person to do the work of a bachelor person.if U are overeducated,it's a problem.most company go for cheap labour,they are expected to pay more for highly educated.There are some courses which are not in high demand,going for a PhD may not help U get a job.in some countries,they value low skill workers who have handwork and will only employ one professional to manage the skilled workers to save cost .Nigeria shud pay more attention to skilled work,some courses are not marketable or in demand anywhere in the world.even if he relocate,it's same thing.people shud study what is in demand and not just acquiring degrees upon degrees

I hope he gets a better job
In saner climes, this man would have been gainfully enployed.
You will never see that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka hunchogee in this kind of thread.
If it is to hype politicians looting Akwa Ibom treasury, you will see him.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by dettolgel: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

This show that he is not smart.

How would you keep getting certs while your pocket keep drying?

What if it was his dream to get those certificates?

The mistake we make most times is that we judge people based on what we want for ourselves rather than what they want for themselves.

Some people prefer to make money some just wanted to be educated and will do bye with whatever comes after.

I know of very smart educated people with the connection to pull in millions every year as research grant and with just a simple sms they will get you one of the highest paying jobs in my field. But they rather stick with their role that pays way less.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by kareemkamil(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
If this is true, Nigeria is dead already
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by streetsoldier1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
MANDIPUTIN:
A PhD holder identified as Udoh Nse James is currently working as a labourer due to his inability to get a befitting job for someone with his qualifications.

His story was shared on LinkedIn by Engr Chinedu Eche who solicited for help for the man with a PhD in Econometrics, Masters and Bachelors degree in Accounting.

Eche revealed that he came across James at site where he was helping his team with the fabrication of Coastic Soda storage tank for Dangote Refinery.

He shared a photo of the PhD holder, and noted that he should be in an institute of learning or Research.

The Engr wrote;

”My beloved LinkedIn family;

This is Udoh Nse James.

From Akwa Ibom State

Contact number 07039187215.

First Degree B.S.C. Accounting 2005

Second Degree M.S.C Accounting 2009

Third Degree P.H.D Econometrics 2012

He is currently working as a helper on a site where my team and I are fabricating and erecting a Coastic Soda Storage tank for Dangote Refinery .

https://www.newsngr.com.ng/2022/02/man-with-two-degrees-and-phd-now-working-as-labourer-at-dangote-refinery/

His village people are very strong. Can we know the name of his village for we know how tp start firing prayers for him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by FireUpNow(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
mystery22:
How is that possible...or is his score poor
you don't know anything. You people just sit behind the keyboard and type things without experience in life. When I was working in PZ company, I came across so many Graduates working as labourers or casual workers who are poorly paid. You don't know anything my friend. How could a man with three different degrees have poor grades? Reason like a human please. Are there no university degree owners riding Okada in Lagos? Are you going to tell me that this set of people have poor grades too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
okomile:
We are in zoogeria

He is lucky to even get a job

He should be grateful and move on

Las las, na to eat be d kooko

We shall survive this zoogeria

You are the one living in the zoo. The ones they know that Nigeria is not zoo,they plan,work and succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by 07kjb: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
RepoMan007:
Accounting is tricky. I hope he finds a beffiting job that will help him make use of his skills appropriately.

I'm telling you that's the course I did, the course is somehow tricky

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
kareemkamil:
If this is true, Nigeria is dead already

It is dead on lazy's mind. For me,it is still better than any country that I stand no chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by BafanaBafana: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
NwaNimo1:
He's not an Indian!

[img]https://media1./images/5b8f98be79a4d2c036dffc19820f8e0c/tenor.gif?itemid=20756518[/img]
Is the engineer he is doing labourer work there an Indian?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Donedeal1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
Let him just dispose off those excess degrees and work with only the useful ones, not all certificate are useful.

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Iko5000: 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
First mistake by him , doing a MSC in Accounting , should have done ACA and he can apply for jobs even abroad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Elidrisy20: 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
He is even luck to work at dangote refinery.
If I fit get cleaning job there I go like am

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by badoh(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
His case has been made public.This Man will get the needed help by the grace of God.Mark my words
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Golan007: 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Dangote is a goat. As in full blown mehhh meehhh

If he was Usman Kabir Laden from the North as a fellow Muslim would Dangote let him be labourer ?

How many Southern University Engineering graduates has Dangote absolved like he did for BUK n ATBU Las year??

Like Buhari like Dangote. Fulanis are all same

How many Obi Cubana and E-money hire?

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Koleb: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
I don't know his whole story but with a PhD, he should not find it too difficult getting a lecturing job (if he wants to lecture) with all these private higher institutions springing up.

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by GboyegaD(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
One question is how did he jump from accounting to econometrics within three years with no mathematics and statistics foundation?

With the knowledge and in this day of remote work, he should be able to pick up a data analyst job in the last of he works on his programming skills a bit.

Education isn't just about amassing degrees but being able to apply it in the right sense.

Above all, I wish him the best.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by adeiza4u(m): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
Help a brother in need of a job sir.
Ankapaige:
We live in a country whereby most of the degrees we acquired do not correlate with our jobs. I graduated from the Department of Political science & International relations, but I currently work in a heavy equipment operator training firm where I am earning well. Most of our trainee operators earn more than what some firms or banks can pay their employees in a month. We have trained Ph.D. holders, masters, and even BSc graduates to operate heavy machinery. Therefore, working in a company or a bank as an accountant does not mean good pay. some bank workers are earning between 50k to 100k depending on their duties and ranks. Maybe he is earning more as a laborer.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by SambankmanFried: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
degree in Nigeria casted a long time ago
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
emmyw:
This Won't Stop Me From Getting My PhD
Comrade, go on jo.

No mind the OP.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by dododawa1: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
LIFE is a choice
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by victooman: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
GreaterFuture:

PhD holders
Roaming around looking for Job??
The thing weak me o
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
dettolgel:

What if it was his dream to get those certificates?

The mistake we make most times if that we judge people based on what we want for ourselves rather than what they want for themselves.

Some people prefer to make money some just wanted to be educated and will do bye with whatever comes after.

I know or very smart educated people with the connection to pull in millions every year as research grant and with just a simple sms they will get you one of the highest paying jobs in my field. But they rather stick with their role that pays way less.

That is why they are categorized dumbs. Anyone that chose higher education above basic means of life...is simply fool.

Basic education is must,basic means of life is must also. So on the scale of sanity,anyone who chose higher education above his means of living is fool.

Don't tell me that his current job offers him a security for his means of living.

By means of living, I mean standard life. So I know you're smart to know so.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ankapaige:
We live in a country whereby most of the degrees we acquired do not correlate with our jobs. I graduated from the Department of Political science & International relations, but I currently work in a heavy equipment operator training firm where I am earning well. Most of our trainee operators earn more than what some firms or banks can pay their employees in a month. We have trained Ph.D. holders, masters, and even BSc graduates to operate heavy machinery. Therefore, working in a company or a bank as an accountant does not mean good pay. some bank workers are earning between 50k to 100k depending on their duties and ranks. Maybe he is earning more as a laborer.

I want to be traineee.. time to elevate.. links bro
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Lovenorth: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
Our fingers are not equal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Kaiser20: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
MANDIPUTIN:
A PhD holder identified as Udoh Nse James is currently working as a labourer due to his inability to get a befitting job for someone with his qualifications.

His story was shared on LinkedIn by Engr Chinedu Eche who solicited for help for the man with a PhD in Econometrics, Masters and Bachelors degree in Accounting.

Eche revealed that he came across James at site where he was helping his team with the fabrication of Coastic Soda storage tank for Dangote Refinery.

He shared a photo of the PhD holder, and noted that he should be in an institute of learning or Research.

The Engr wrote;

”My beloved LinkedIn family;

This is Udoh Nse James.

From Akwa Ibom State

Contact number 07039187215.

First Degree B.S.C. Accounting 2005

Second Degree M.S.C Accounting 2009

Third Degree P.H.D Econometrics 2012

He is currently working as a helper on a site where my team and I are fabricating and erecting a Coastic Soda Storage tank for Dangote Refinery .

https://www.newsngr.com.ng/2022/02/man-with-two-degrees-and-phd-now-working-as-labourer-at-dangote-refinery/
You have BSc , MSc , PHD you supposed to have ideas and solution in solving problems and providing services, the reward is you become employer of labor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Adakintroy: 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
T He is not a PhD holder. He is a dumb fuckkk That's what he is.

.if you have 2 high degrees. Which translate to meaning you can reason high" and you end up as a labourer that way. Then uve not started reasoning. Whatever makes you a degree holder creates first a protal that escape you to independence of sought. Your mind is equiped with sufficient knowledge to act independent enough. Plus we talking a country of scarily average thinkers. If a man in alaba with no eduction can be doing business with china, then whats stoping you that has shook hands with Adam Smith multiple times from topping that?.

Many are gravely missing something in their education. That means if he did not get employed by someone he is stuffed. Structural learning is a bitchh I swear!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) / Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Vulcanizer Who Works With Her Husband In Enugu -- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.