Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. (8607 Views)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Were You Broke In School? Share Your Story / What Were You Known For In Secondary School? Share For Fun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Raychee(f): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
I was never singled out and punished for anything. I only got punished during general class/group punishment grin . Both in primary and secondary school.
Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by R0LL0N(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Mastakija:

Its just a username grin

grin
Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Kamalex2: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
Remember that time while were at Jss 2 in nawal un deen grammar school osogbo around 2002, our PTA money is 200 naira that time. My dad would gave me all the money but i will just paid 100 naira out of it and spend the remaining #100, told the class teacher that my dad said i would paid the remaining next week, on our exam day our class teacher, Mrs ojo, our principal and one Mr shitu knows as Alhaji shitu he can beat ghost, i see them carry plenty pankere coming out from staff room, i know it's because of PTA money, i know they are next to our class as i heard some of the students crying as the result of the cane they are chop, omo i wrote my exam wuruwuru to the answer, before they get in to our classroom i jump out of the window without knowing principal was in the back of the window urinate, he immediately dragged me back to the classroom told me to knell down, by the time our class teacher called the names of the students who owed PTA money i swear am the first one to mention, i received jagba jantis Iya that day

2 Likes

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Hiq0: 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
None
Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Akuruoulo(m): 11:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
onunwa21:
I left the school during break time & went to River Nworie to swim!! On coming back my class teacher, headmistress & even my mother were all waiting for me!!! Anyway, thank God for that experience!!!
All the whole times wey my friends go NWORIE , me wey too quite no dare go with them

1 Like

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Akuruoulo(m): 12:03am On Feb 03, 2022
I WAS NEVER FLOGGED FOR A PERSONAL REASON. ME WAY THEY GIVE MOST QUIET STUDENT RANGING FROM PRIMARY , SECONDARY TILL HIGHER INSTITUTION
Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by saxby(f): 12:10am On Feb 03, 2022
Because of palito radio o, now enter schools and see how students are using different types of gadgets, it was even in a students hand I got to see the Oraimo light speaker first, if no be sey I get good mind I for seize that day. grin

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by Dajuyoung: 2:56am On Feb 03, 2022
The unforgettable event happened decades ago. There's this girl whom I knew in my community but I don't really talk to. Fortunately or unfortunately, we attended the same school. (We've been attending the same school before we moved to her community). Because the area was new and it wasn't befitting to me, I find it difficult to blend with the area and the Inhabitants.

To cut the long story short, I do not talk, greet nor talk to this girl; since I'm an extrovert, sanguine precisely, I'm always in the crowd surrounded with friends both male and female, cracking jokes. This continued for years in the school till she messed with my sister at the borehole. Naturally, I'm not a biased kinda person but based on my investigation she was guilty, as if what transpired wasn't enough,  this girl came to our house and started causing chaos claiming she's gon show me at school. I was amazed and like "kilagbe kilaju, kini temi"
Unknowingly this girl actually meant what she said,  she didn't wait for long, she devise her plan and activated it the next day. We were in class and normally we always have savages, (you know those guyz wey dey always mimic, cruise and savage teacher's words) and the teacher is a no-nonsense man. That's how someone mimicked the man and he requested that the student point out the culprit, unbelievable, while the students were still grumbling, aunty just said I was the one. Omo! It was the greatest shock of my life. I wasn't expecting it at all. 

Fear ladies, fear women, my brother, fear girls!!!
I repeat, fear them!

There's nothing I could say to defend myself that I wasn't the one, my friends couldn't help. (Who wan help infront of mr. No-nonsense?) I spent the rest of my day at the classroom where I received the beating of my life without solicitors. Even those that I haven't offended  were like "I knew it, my eyes have been on him" The pain, the agony, the trauma at such age, wasn't something I could bear. I approached her after I was released and promised to take revenge and discipline her (another grave mistake). She reported the case to my class teacher, again, that I threatened to kill her.

Ha! Women! Ladies! Girls!!! Fear this gender. That was another yawa for me. I was taken to the counselor to write an undertaking, that I will never hurt her. I spent the rest of my days, in the school, living with this trauma. I hated the girl with all my life. The trauma caused a big retardness in my grades, not even my parents could riddle.

1 Like

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by TheiaTalks: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2022
chatinent:
My name na Chatinent. Back in Primary school, I was very poor in maths. Like I wouldn't even get four divided by four even if it was all we learnt that day..it was due to fear. Fear is not good in a child's life. The teacher flogged like an animal. During exams, I’d get between 2% and 8%. The results used to be announced sequentially, that is from the lowest to the highest marks. So I would always be the first or second to be called out and flogged. I mean flogged and emasculated in front of my female crushes. Did I even have crushes with my zero head?

One day, the maths results were announced and my name wasn’t among the first to be called out. The teacher got to 30%, 40%, 50%, 60% and 70%, still my paper had not been called out.

What's going on here?

Everyone in the class kept looking at me asking, Chatinent, ​what’s up? How did you pass this exam?” I was all goose pimples. My cloud nine was hitting ten. And I was like ... "Well, na God o." Immediately in zero zero seconds, I started to feel the livers of a motivational speaker that I had already started educating people backside on how to persevere no matter the odd odds.

By the time the teacher got to 80%, I was already grinning in excitement. I was that dog two tails. Peacocks in my belly. When he got to 90%, he had only one paper remaining. I then asked myself, could I have scored 90% in
maths? Or 100%? Omg.

I was feeling very anxious, sweaty, and happy now. Obviously, my dreams and prayers have been answered. My heart skipped many beats. The whole class was amazed as everyone kept looking at me. Oh, I could see the Mnesoma stealing glances at me...oh, many ants in my panties. It was unbelievable. I was all fly. My head is about to explode. Finally the teacher looked up and said, “One silly student here did not write his name on the paper and he scored 0%. Who hasn't received his paper yet?”

Rest is history. In life sha, let everyone respect themselves.

Well, make una share una experiences.

Noisemaking. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. by RetiredHoe: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
There was this girl gbemisola in my early secondary school years. I think I was in js2 thereabout. So she joined our class in js2. We wey dey that class na old student, right from kindergarten to nursery to primary and to secondary. So we know ourselves well. So she joined in js2. The way she behaves and carry herself make people dislike her. She became the talk of the school. Even other classes Junior and senior dislike her.
Them go call hairstyle she no go do am she go use attachment braid her hair and teacher no dey talk sef but those wey no do the style, dem dey flog them ehn. Chai
And the girl like trouble. She go initiate fight even though she no Sabi fight. If una two dey fight any small thing she go faint. You never touch her sef, she don faint.
Naso the gbemisola girl dey always find my bestie Tochukwu trouble. Tochukwu been dey ignore initially. And Tochukwu na one of those Igbo girls with yam legs wey dey always get plenty strength.
On a particular Friday, during fellowship I no remember wetin e do tochukwu o,
Tochukwu wait make fellowship finish, inside the hall wey we take do fellowship, Naso Tochukwu beat this girl abeg... E beat am sotey she faint, all the attachment for him hair she use hand pull am. Na that day we know why she dey use attachment. She no get hair for head. So maybe na true true faint or usual fake fainting, I Sha know say this girl passed out.
Them con need water, teachers dey scream say make we bring water, as a good Samaritan wey I be, I go carry water inside WC, I didn't even pass it to the teacher I jus threw it on her head, walai she wake up begin vomit. Na later I tell tochukwu wetin I do. That Friday was the last day I saw that girl in that school till I graduated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letter Of Acceptance For A Lecturing Job Offer / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Agip Oil Company (naoc)scholarship Exam 2015 / Waec 2018/2019 Official Time Table Is Now Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.