Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834721 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
OmichaelO:
how much it was and how long it took.

Airline said I'll be needing it

Around 20k for appointment
Approx: 35k for visa fee
It will take around 2 or 3 working days

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OmichaelO: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Pekela:

Around 20k for appointment
Approx: 35k for visa fee
It will take around 2 or 3 working days
thank you so much. I truly appreciate

KLM website says I don't need transit visa, but their rep says I do.

It's confusing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
OmichaelO:
thank you so much. I truly appreciate

KLM website says I don't need transit visa, but their rep says I do.

It's confusing

If you’re traveling to the UK with KLM or Airfrance flight, you need to apply for and get Air Transit Visa (ATV)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Flowfun:
Visa alert
PBS dependent visa
Bio May 30
Transferred to vac June 23
Collection mail June 23
Passport picked up June 23
Thanks to everyone contributing on this thread and goodluck to everyone awaiting a response

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
motymop:
Hi Guys

I have like $5k in my domiciliary account, all legally earned with proof. i want to go on an holiday to the Uk for a week. This is my first time of applying

Can i tender only my domiciliary account as a proof that i can sponsor myself during the trip?
The currency doesn’t matter what matters are:
1. The source of fund is it traceable ?
2. If you have large amount transaction you need to explain it .
3. Does the fund came in through transfer from your business or deposit. Cash Deposit is regarded as non traceable source of fund
If you get these things right you will not have issue go ahead and use it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
giselle237:
congrats.. oga so u won’t tell us how you addressed the past refusal issues especially unemployed/retiree.. ok o

Lol! Thanks for your help! It was very useful.
We attached three emails she sent to her pension administrators requesting for a letter to confirm her pension status. We now submitted her employment letter from 1982 and her retirement letter with retirement benefits stated.
We included two of her bank statements. 6 months each. Wrote a cover letter showing the dates her pension payments were made into her account. This was to save them time of looking for it and maybe missing it.
One of her savings bank statement showed a track record of saving with a closing balance of 400k plus
The money for her sponsorship was now paid into her account, mentioned in the cover letter and transfer receipt submitted with the application.
Documents for a landed property was included even though the property was in my dad's name only. Her husband's occupation was stated to show he earns enough to support the family in Nigeria.
The cover explained sincerely what happened. We didn't think it mattered to mention her pension status since she was unable to get a letter from them.

I hope I remembered all.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
@aliyu great stuff. congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Riyeb00: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Also did my biometric on 10th of May. Already sent two paid mail but they said my application is awaiting decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by anelsta: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
lagos or abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Riyeb00: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2022
Lagos, VI. Visiting visa first time applying to UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
Na wa for this people oh. Mine is 6th May and up till now, I am yet to receive a response after 7 weeks.

This is just too frustrating.

Riyeb00:
Also did my biometric on 10th of May. Already sent two paid mail but they said my application is awaiting decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Riyeb00: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
It’s frustrating really but now that I know I’m not the only one I feel better somehow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motymop: 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
sihamey:

The currency doesn’t matter what matters are:
1. The source of fund is it traceable ?
2. If you have large amount transaction you need to explain it .
3. Does the fund came in through transfer from your business or deposit. Cash Deposit is regarded as non traceable source of fund
If you get these things right you will not have issue go ahead and use it.

If they are cash deposit and i have proof for the source of funds ( invoice) can i tender this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
motymop:

If they are cash deposit and i have proof for the source of funds ( invoice) can i tender this ?

Yes u can...but maybe the receipts for those payments will be better as it shows evidence money was evwntually paid to u as against invoice which might or might not be paid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2022
Aliyu40:
Collection email just dropped. Bio was 4th of May. TLS Abuja. God did it and I’m so thankful! I’m going to see my mum for the first time since 4years+
is it ur first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 2:33am On Jun 24, 2022
Good morning house pls have any one traveled from Stansted airport to Nigeria with Turkish airline. I learnt that it is two stop over, at Dalaman airport and Istanbul airport. The booking agent we spoke to said that we must have British passport to travel , that one can not travel with Nigeria passport. please how true is this pls

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 5:16am On Jun 24, 2022
Hello House,

Please can anyone share the link for the UK visa paid mail service.

I need to urgently reach out to them to know the status of my application.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2022
adelforreal:
Hello House,

Please can anyone share the link for the UK visa paid mail service.

I need to urgently reach out to them to know the status of my application.

Thank you
mail: https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home

Call ; To know quick UK Visa status

Dial : +443007906268 ( mostly works for airtel)

Option 1-2-5-1- card number * - exp date * - Security *

Connect to customer care provide them GFW and bio date.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:16am On Jun 24, 2022
motymop:
this is a very slippery slope.. so the whole 5k usd is via cash deposit? slippery
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motymop: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2022
DrStrangelove:

Yes u can...but maybe the receipts for those payments will be better as it shows evidence money was evwntually paid to u as against invoice which might or might not be paid.

Ok..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motymop: 9:03am On Jun 24, 2022
giselle237:
this is a very slippery slope.. so the whole 5k usd is via cash deposit? slippery

Ok, the transaction was done bit by bit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Please how do people pay for British Airways flight from Nigeria? I have checked the flights but the payment is coming up in Dollars
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2022
Aliyu40:
Please how do people pay for British Airways flight from Nigeria? I have checked the flights but the payment is coming up in Dollars
Via their office in Lagos and Abuja. That’s how I have paid for their tickets. U can also use dom card or barter card or foreign currency card. They all work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 10:12am On Jun 24, 2022
Thank you so much for your response.
iretiogo1:
mail: https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home

Call ; To know quick UK Visa status

Dial : +443007906268 ( mostly works for airtel)

Option 1-2-5-1- card number * - exp date * - Security *

Connect to customer care provide them GFW and bio date.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ChrisRocks: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2022
Hi, I was wondering if you paid at their office using the "bank rate" for the dollar equivalent of the ticket? Thanks a lot.

giselle237:

Via their office in Lagos and Abuja. That’s how I have paid for their tickets. U can also use dom card or barter card or foreign currency card. They all work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ozymes: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2022
Sometime in 2019 I did naira payment through a Gtbank branch
giselle237:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
ozymes:
Sometime in 2019 I did naira payment through a Gtbank branch
oh yes . If you ring them… and are able to make a booking via the phone, they’ll give an account no for which to pay in naira

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChrisRocks:
Hi, I was wondering if you paid at their office using the "bank rate" for the dollar equivalent of the ticket? Thanks a lot.
oh yes . If you ring them… and are able to make a booking via the phone, they’ll give an account no for which to pay in naira .. they add some dollars to what’s on the site. Eg if you see 1030 usd on the site, my experience with the Abuja office was additional dollars to this. Like 40 or so.
Then the equivalent in naira is not cbn rate.. about 40 naira difference per dollar. This was 2021 pls.
But definitely in totality there’s saving rather than buying at 600 naira per usd with barter card or so.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pekela:

If you’re traveling to the UK with KLM or Airfrance flight, you need to apply for and get Air Transit Visa (ATV)

Pls how long does ATV last before it expires?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Primetouch1: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
My May 10th Partners sent 2nd paid email fews days ago still awaiting decision . Any information from your end ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
Please how is the rejection letter sent... I got a mail from TLS that a decision has been made by UKVI and another email within minutes that my application is still being processed and I will be notified as when my passport is ready... today is exactly 15 working days. I did my biometrics on 6th June.
I tracked my application now and all stages has been ticked blue... I don't understand �
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: LadyCaplin and 1 guest(s)