Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832205 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 10:24am On Jul 21, 2022
Asking for a friend. Can you pay for UK student visa application with a Naira debit card? I usually pay with dorm debit card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 10:39am On Jul 21, 2022
leef2022:

Pls where did you get that condition from?

There is no written condition. It is advisory. Rarely, will an embassy approved a long duration visitor visa for a first timer. Even if she is approved, they will give her 6 months regardless of applying for 2 years. She going there for visit her son, not for tourism or business.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babra19: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2022
Confidantfunds:

Sent mail since 23rd n 27th June, decision has been made... Made paid calls and decisions has been made, but no movement to tls

Escalated twice, still nothing.

No refusal mail
No nsf
Please what’s the full meaning of NSF
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Anyone travelling next month 4th August lol …. Qatar Airways from Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2022
ekpotek:

There is no written condition. It is advisory. Rarely, will an embassy approved a long duration visitor visa for a first timer. Even if she is approved, they will give her 6 months regardless of applying for 2 years. She going there for visit her son, not for tourism or business.

Checks are needed otherwise, some persons would leave with wrong info...also when the term only is put in use, that goes beyond advisory and more like certainty hence I asked whereabouts i could read such..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshyi: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you
temodent:
If she's a first time visitor, 6 months please. She can only apply for 2 years as a visitor if she has previously had a 6 months visiting visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2022
HelenABUO:
Anyone travelling next month 4th August lol …. Qatar Airways
yes i have someone but 5th August Qatar airways… from abj.. change your date lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello house,
i was rejected my visit visa, the rejection letter attached to the mail was blank but i have no right to appeal or administrative review. I sent a paid email and i was told i should wait 15working days (i think it's a generic response). please my question is, can i reapply again immediately or i should wait 3 months again before reapplying? (i need to visit my brother in-law to help his wife with their new baby, she's always crying each time we speak, i dey ptiy her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
Oggg:
yes i have someone but 5th August Qatar airways… from abj.. change your date lol

Have booked my flight already from Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
talantolo:
Hello house,
i was rejected my visit visa, the rejection letter attached to the mail was blank but i have no right to appeal or administrative review. I sent a paid email and i was told i should wait 15working days (i think it's a generic response). please my question is, can i reapply again immediately or i should wait 3 months again before reapplying? (i need to visit my brother in-law to help his wife with their new baby, she's always crying each time we speak, i dey ptiy her.
You should not reapply without knowing why u were refused. If you insist, ok go ahead with what is surely a recipe for disaster.
Your brother in law can help his wife as well as perinatal counselling from the NHS who offer support services in the interim.
She needs to speak to her doctor and get all the mental health services/support that is available. This is very commonly gottn especially for pregnant and nursing mothers. My apologies to her and I hope she makes it through this difficulty.
Your reasons are not grounds to be given a visa compulsorily.. infact none is… we all have to satisfy the ECO one way or the other. If you dnt meet the visa conditions you wont be given so hold on until you know why you were refused and then if it can be tackled then go ahead .
You prove your ties and intentions and show on the balance of probabilities why you would return to Nigeria.
Also keep in mind you only recently said you are going for graduation, the next moment you want to reapply and say you are going for childcare … dnt allow your application look like that of desperation because thts what it looks like.
Wait until the rejection letter matter is sorted and take it from there

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
You'll do yourself a whole world of favour to read through the UKVI guidelines for visitors. If you have a contrary view your best bet is to have stated that with the relevant quote

leef2022:

Pls where did you get that condition from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
On the contrary it is not advisory, it is a rule. First time visitors can only apply for a 6 months visa. Thank you

ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
temodent:
On the contrary it is not advisory, it is a rule. First time visitors can only apply for a 6 months visa. Thank you
ok sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JohnnyWalker16: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Good day house. I made application on the 6th of June for visa renewal and was notified for pickup on the 5th of July however I am unable to pickup my passport due to personal and logistics reason until the 29th of July.

I have been sent a reminder that it has exceeded 2 weeks with the possibility of having my passport sent back to the embassy from Tls ikeja.

Is there a way I can contact them as I see I cannot reply to the mail they sent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dewale1234(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
Does everyone with a rejection/refusal now get a prior refusal mail/letter before picking up their passports or it's not in all occasions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Internationalmu: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please who knows how to go about changing cac status to active from inactive. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
Internationalmu:
Please who knows how to go about changing cac status to active from inactive. Thank you

I can give you a girls number, it takes about 10 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JennyBay: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
ekpotek:
Asking for a friend. Can you pay for UK student visa application with a Naira debit card? I usually pay with dorm debit card.

Try Alat by Wema dollar virtual card.

House, is there any alternative to Alat by Wema, I often use Barter by Flutterware before it was shutdown. I only registered for Alat by wame today I have not try it yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
dewale1234:
Does everyone with a rejection/refusal now get a prior refusal mail/letter before picking up their passports or it's not in all occasions
yes in 99% of cases… those who dnt get and receive their passports too without visa and prior rejection email… when they reach out to UKVI, it is still a refusal(the mail got lost in transit or network problems)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you so much, this sounds much better
giselle237:

You should not reapply without knowing why u were refused. If you insist, ok go ahead with what is surely a recipe for disaster.
Your brother in law can help his wife as well as perinatal counselling from the NHS who offer support services in the interim.
She needs to speak to her doctor and get all the mental health services/support that is available. This is very commonly gottn especially for pregnant and nursing mothers. My apologies to her and I hope she makes it through this difficulty.
Your reasons are not grounds to be given a visa compulsorily.. infact none is… we all have to satisfy the ECO one way or the other. If you dnt meet the visa conditions you wont be given so hold on until you know why you were refused and then if it can be tackled then go ahead .
You prove your ties and intentions and show on the balance of probabilities why you would return to Nigeria.
Also keep in mind you only recently said you are going for graduation, the next moment you want to reapply and say you are going for childcare … dnt allow your application look like that of desperation because thts what it looks like.
Wait until the rejection letter matter is sorted and take it from there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
[quote author=temodent post=114944322]You'll do yourself a whole world of favour to read through the UKVI guidelines for visitors. If you have a contrary view your best bet is to have stated that with the relevant quote

[/quote
I had done so before I commented and there wasn't such an info hence I asked where you got yours from since you have it as your pillow. I mean don't see why you are iritated at me seeking knowledge and understanding to your post. Considering I started my question with a "PLS"....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Someone should pls help me… my husband is my sponsor and I’m going to visit him in the Uk, I heard someone talking about PTA. So how much will be my PTA.. in the Uk visiting form i told them I’m spending 1.5M and my husband is sponsoring the visit.so do I tell him to send the 1.5M in pounds? someone said I should take $1000. Will $1000 be enough?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
JennyBay:

Try Alat by Wema dollar virtual card.

House, is there any alternative to Alat by Wema, I often use Barter by Flutterware before it was shutdown. I only registered for Alat by wame today I have not try it yet

Did you register online or through an app?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
HelenABUO:
Someone should pls help me… my husband is my sponsor and I’m going to visit him in the Uk, I heard someone talking about PTA. So how much will be my PTA.. in the Uk visiting form i told them I’m spending 1.5M and my husband is sponsoring the visit.so do I tell him to send the 1.5M in pounds? I’m taking £1000 with me, I want to know if I should go with the £1000 or he has to send the 1.5M complete

PTA is personal travel allowance. The maximum is $4000. You will need your passport with visa stickers and flight ticket to apply at your bank. It has nothing to do with the fund your husband is sending to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
ekpotek:

PTA is personal travel allowance. The maximum is $4000. You will need your passport with visa stickers and flight ticket to apply at your bank. It has nothing to do with the fund your husband is sending to you.

Okay thanks.. will $1000 be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
HelenABUO:
Someone should pls help me… my husband is my sponsor and I’m going to visit him in the Uk, I heard someone talking about PTA. So how much will be my PTA.. in the Uk visiting form i told them I’m spending 1.5M and my husband is sponsoring the visit.so do I tell him to send the 1.5M in pounds? I’m taking £1000 with me, I want to know if I should go with the £1000 or he has to send the 1.5M complete … someone said I should reduce it to $1000
Dnt panic.. pta means personal travel allowance meaning it is personal to you and your travel.
Just hold a reasonable amount of money in hand incase you are asked at the UK border. Note I said UK border, nigerian immigration officials have no business with how much you are carrying except over 10, 000 usd which u will have to declare.
Also if this amount you will have to declare at the UK borders. If less than this it is not NIS business.
Your concern is if the UK border officials want to see if you are carrying money or not. U can carry some in cash and the rest in your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
ekpotek:

PTA is personal travel allowance. The maximum is $4000. You will need your passport with visa stickers and flight ticket[b][/b] to apply at your bank. It has nothing to do with the fund your husband is sending to you.

Note pls; a round trip ticket is mandatory to secure your PTA..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
giselle237:

Dnt panic.. pta means personal travel allowance meaning it is personal to you and your travel.
Just hold a reasonable amount of money in hand incase you are asked at the UK border. Note I said UK border, nigerian immigration officials have no business with how much you are carrying except over 10, 000 usd which u will have to declare.
Also if this amount you will have to declare at the UK borders. If less than this it is not NIS business.
Your concern is if the UK border officials want to see if you are carrying money or not. U can carry some in cash and the rest in your account.

Okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
HelenABUO:
Okay thanks
And try to get pounds. They dont spend dollars in UK. U will end up coming to buy pounds again in the UK.. this is okay if you dont mind losing money due to buying currency twice

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
HelenABUO:

Okay thanks.. will $1000 be enough?

If you can afford to buy $4000 PTA, buy it, and deposit it into your dorm account. Its the cheapest way to get forex at CBN rate. Otherwise you have to buy at BDM rate at the airport. Since you already have your visa. You do not need to carry much physical cash. $500 cash is enough as your husband will be waiting for your at the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
ekpotek:

If you can afford to buy $4000 PTA, buy it, and deposit it into your dorm account. Its the cheapest way to get forex at CBN rate. Otherwise you have to buy at BDM rate at the airport. Since you already have your visa. You do not need to carry much physical cash. $500 cash is enough as your husband will be waiting for your at the airport.

Okay thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
leef2022:

Note pls; a round trip ticket is mandatory to secure your PTA..

Read her post. Its a visit and not to stay. Sure she will have book a return ticket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: akintola213 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.