Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844957 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2022
Dimzzz:

Was this a renewal?

Visit visas are not necessarily renewed, but to answer your question, yes, I got a new visit visa, and I applied for it while the previous one was still valid. It was less than a month to expiring when I applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2022
alert20:

Congratulations. .. is this a renewal or first timer visit

"Renewal". Not my first time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2022
Jvibez:

I think i need to send a paid mail o. Biometric since July 6th.

Make i no go dey dull myself waiting for 8weeks before sending a mail.

Cos i don tire.

Maybe you should. Someone I know did a paid call day before yesterday and his visa came out yesterday. Though it was not visit visa he applied for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Korede1016(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2022
Good morning great minds. I am new on this platform.
I had my biometrics for spouse visa and dependant visa with my two sons on 26th July and I got a mail from TLS two days ago that my travel document and that of my eldest son is ready for collection buy I am yet to receive mail for the collection of my youngest son's travel document.

1. Does this mail mean we have been granted settlement visa?
2. Can I go to TLS office to claim the documents that are available for collection while waiting for the last one? Even though it was stated in the generic mail sent that if you apply as a family, you wait for all the documents to be ready for collection before coming.
3. What do I do about the travel document of my youngest son that is not ready for collection yet? Though I sent a paid mail to the ukvi last night...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TruthCorp: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2022
Good morning house

Is it normal to not be asked for your checklist during biometrics?

And not have to submit it

VI TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ukochukwu09: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2022
Good day everyone.
Please I need your advice. I am applying for a UK standard visitor’s visa to attend an alumni convention and my alma mater where I’m also currently a staff has agreed to sponsor me.
My questions are; Will the Support letter from the University be sufficient for my ‘proof of sponsorship’?
Also, is there any chance I’ll get a faster decision on my application if I pay for the priority visa application?
I’m afraid I may not have enough time following the current delays reported here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ose333(f): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2022
TruthCorp:
Good morning house

Is it normal to not be asked for your checklist during biometrics?

And not have to submit it

VI TLS

Did you do self-service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adebayo347: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please anyone with the home office complaints email for visa refusal ? I want to try my luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adetoku3: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adebayo347:
Please anyone with the home office complaints email for visa refusal ? I want to try my luck

When did you apply? And when did you get your refusal letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sethtsadopp: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please do I need a transit visa for Malaysia when Going to Singapore?
Its Qatar airways Abuja to Doha to Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adebayo347: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adetoku3:

When did you apply? And when did you get your refusal letter?

Bio 15th June . Refusal 17th august
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adebayo347:

Bio 15th June . Refusal 17th august

Wtf.... Sorry for the refusal... After waiting patiently for 9weeks you were later refused Chai... Can you state reason for refusal so elders can advice you...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MacMaster01(m): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good afternoon guys, I’m planning on booking a return ticket to the Uk and return back to Nigeria 2nd September, however my visit visa expires 3rd September; would I encounter any issues at the airport here in Nigeria or at the border control in Uk?

It’s a 6 month visa, I traveled with it earlier this year and I want to travel again with it before it expires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please do I have to carry along my previous denied visa letter during biometrics while applying for a UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TruthCorp: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ose333:

Did you do self-service?

Yes I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TruthCorp: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
TruthCorp:

Yes I did

Thanks I’ve gotten feedback that was the reason
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by asknaija: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adebayo347:
I need someone to put me through on appeal / judicial review . This is my second refusal and reapplying will make me look desperate but this is so unfair !
I Submitted
CAC document
Business account
Personal account
Landed document
Car receipt
World traveller insurance
Cover letter
Sponsor documents :uncle : British passport , pay slip s three month , P60 and invitation later
Travel history: Dubai (work and visits )
Georgia (Europe)
Seychelles
Kenya
Ghana
Republic of Benin
And while the application was going on with keep my passport option ( went to Rwanda)

My Question is :
Can’t my economic circumstances improve ? In 6 months a lot has happened - Inflation , dollar increase . My business is general trading , logistics . I can’t evaluate how much I will make in a year in its appropriate figures but the facts are presented in the account statement that is why it is requested

It is more difficult to get UK visa as a self employed person than someone employed. The truth is that there is nothing to challenge here. You made your case worse by reapplying and increasing that figure.

Before you will be given UK visa, you will have to spend nothing less than 4,000,000 based on the profile you have created for yourself.

This what you must do if you still want the visa.

An auditor will audit your business account for 3 years and deduct expenses until the amount u stated as yearly income is arrived at as profit. Assuming 50 million came into your account in 1 year, 41,000,000 will be expenses and 9,000,000 your profit for the year. you will pay tax of about 800,000 on that 9,000,000 x 3 years =2,400,000.

Then you are given tax clearance.

Note you will have to provide your bank statements for those years to the auditor, depending on how long your business have been.

You will submit the audit report for 3 years, and tax clearance showing you paid tax on the said amount for 3 years.

Thats the only grounds your visa will be given.

You can try to apply with only the audit report without tax. Then if they refuse and request for tax, Then you go and pay that tax and apply again.

As a self employed person, you have to provide more evidence and documentation than any other applicant.

ensure that you do not provide any fake audit report as this should appear in your bank statement. Anything fake will result in automatic ban.

For self employed people, be careful of how much u claim you earn, as you might have to back it up with tax and audit report.

FINALLY, DONT QUOTE ME, AS THE SYSTEM WILL BAN YOU.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
The thing is did you get the money back after payment? If yes, make the payment again.
I'm still waiting for a decision. Today is my 137 working days
[quote author=Justpat post=115609690][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ose333(f): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
TruthCorp:

Thanks I’ve gotten feedback that was the reason

You're welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by omidesplace: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hello house, please i am applying for a standard visitors visa for my mum. She'll be staying with my dad's cousin. However in the section that asks if she has family in the Uk i don't know what option to select as the dropdown options doesn't have anything like husband's cousin. Should i select brother in law instead. I am confused. Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dichimma: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good day everyone, I am currently doing my masters degree in the UK. I have been worked as care worker for 3 months, I have worked more than 20 hours in a week more than 4 weeks and I am planning to apply postgraduate visa but I am wondering if the visa will be granted.

Please my question is has anybody worked in the care home for more than 20 hours and was given a postgraduate visa?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good afternoon gentlemen and ladies.
Please, what is the average processing time for the UK visitor visa lately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MacMaster01(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
mosesadio:
9 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ose333(f): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
mosesadio:

On their website, it states "7 weeks".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by June232022: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
hi guys is there a way to send money from nigeria to the uk
Some of us still have funds in our account and still earn from nigeria
how do we send this funds here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Haiziik:
The thing is did you get the money back after payment? If yes, make the payment again.
I'm still waiting for a decision. Today is my 137 working days

This is really appalling, I thought I was the only one left on the waiting list. Yours is even most surprising but I can also tell you it's not the worst.

I have been reading #UKVISADELAY on Twitter and you'll be surprised about several visa woes.

We shall soon be out of this mess, I strongly believed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adebayo347:
My Question is :
Can’t my economic circumstances improve ? In 6 months a lot has happened - Inflation , dollar increase . My business is general trading , logistics . I can’t evaluate how much I will make in a year in its appropriate figures but the facts are presented in the account statement that is why it is requested

You made matters more difficult by asserting in January 2022 that you earned 9 Million naira. A few months later, you stated that you made 19 Million per year. This revenue change is significant. I believe you ought to have stayed with the 9 million.

What you earn over the course of a year is your annual income (from January to December of the previous year). You earned 9 million between January and December of 2021. You'll be using that 9 million as your yearly income in 2022.

The new income is not usable this year, but next year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
Adebayo347:
I need someone to put me through on appeal / judicial review . This is my second refusal and reapplying will make me look desperate but this is so unfair !
I Submitted
CAC document
Business account
Personal account
Landed document
Car receipt
World traveller insurance
Cover letter
Sponsor documents :uncle : British passport , pay slip s three month , P60 and invitation later
Travel history: Dubai (work and visits )
Georgia (Europe)
Seychelles
Kenya
Ghana
Republic of Benin
And while the application was going on with keep my passport option ( went to Rwanda)

My Question is :
you did no bad by reapplying with new evidence because that's just what's expected, you could have provided enough document in support and explanation. It's as if your previous refusal should take a while before your circumstances could change enough to convince. I hope the complaint work in your favour. If it doesn't, try to prove your Source of Incomes are active and trading. And work on the Tax as advised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
June232022:
hi guys is there a way to send money from nigeria to the uk
Some of us still have funds in our account and still earn from nigeria
how do we send this funds here

I believe you should be able to use your ATM card to withdraw in UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
mosesadio:

8 to 12 weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: cbn4main and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.