Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846104 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toemie(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
Lol.. wetin happen... be like say i missed the gist
alert20:

This one off me ooooo, lol ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
MayoDebz:
I have an exam in the UK, so I used the details to apply.

I am not sure of the other details you asked about but if your partner earns an income, it may be helpful.

Thanks bro....my partner is not going with me, I want to go alone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
toemie:
Lol.. wetin happen... be like say i missed the gist

Nah one mugu wan Kon scam people for here jare, jobless he-goat...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toemie(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2022
Dear Team, i just renewed my passport and i have not used it yet, no visa or stamps. However, my previous expired passports has several visas and entry/exit stamps including a US visa stamp. Eventhough i have indicated my travel history in my application, do i still need to submit my expired passport with my new passport when i go for my biometrics? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2022
toemie:
Dear Team, i just renewed my passport and i have not used it yet, no visa or stamps. However, my previous expired passports has several visas and entry/exit stamps including a US visa stamp. Eventhough i have indicated my travel history in my application, do i still need to submit my expired passport with my new passport when i go for my biometrics? Thank you

Make copies of your Previous visas and submit...you can't submit a passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by esdajo: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2022
Good morning everyone. Please I need a response my Nairaland family.

esdajo:
Good day all. How long does it take to get a pick up email after receiving a refusal email? We are thinking of making the visa fee payment so we can start looking for available dates for biometrics but we are being careful not to be stuck since we are yet to pick up our passports. Any advice on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PositiveVEE: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2022
toemie:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Desfiiiiine: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2022
PositiveVEE:

Hi guys, I’m my case I have visited some countries aswell but didn’t make copies of the visas. And have submitted my application and renewed my passport aswell. Even though I indicated in the form that I visited these countries. Will it affect the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by livewithpurpose: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2022
toemie:

No, just make photocopies of previous visas and attach them with your documents. That was what I did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2022
Desfiiiiine:

Hi guys, I’m my case I have visited some countries aswell but didn’t make copies of the visas. And have submitted my application and renewed my passport aswell. Even though I indicated in the form that I visited these countries. Will it affect the application?
you could have attached them to lend credence to your immigration history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Desfiiiiine: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2022
giselle237:
you could have attached them to lend credence to your immigration history

It was an honest oversight. I had submitted everything before I remembered. I hope it doesn’t affect the outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2022
Desfiiiiine:
It was an honest oversight. I had submitted everything before I remembered. I hope it doesn’t affect the outcome.
what countries?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lasisig5(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Please do i need transit visa to enroute Austria to United Kingdom
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
lasisig5:
Please do i need transit visa to enroute Austria to United Kingdom
Dependent on what citizenship you hold.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LiciaT: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good afternoon team. I applied for a uk visiting visa through an agent and was denied. It’s been 5 months after refusal and I want to reapply, but this time by myself. I would really like to know how to go about this or if there is a thread that will put me through from the scratch. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
LiciaT:
Good afternoon team. I applied for a uk visiting visa through an agent and was denied. It’s been 5 months after refusal and I want to reapply, but this time by myself. I would really like to know how to go about this or if there is a thread that will put me through from the scratch. Thank you all.

This thread, possibly start from pge 1, to gather up basic you need to know.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ujay342(f): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Please what’s the dollar or Naira equivalent of £250 & £956?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Desfiiiiine: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
giselle237:
what countries?

South Africa
Dubai
Kenya
Rwanda
Ghana
Austria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Desfiiiiine:

South Africa Dubai Kenya Rwanda Ghana Austria
ok. Austria is the only one they’ll tend to find ‘worthy’ as they share almost same style of immigration strictness. goodluck please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MT: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Desfiiiiine:

July 29h or June 29th? Cos people like myself who did July 4th haven’t heard anything. So, I don’t think July 29th would have heard anything.

Did biometric on the 22 June. Received email notification on Friday, 26th. Picked up passport with visa today. No paid email sent. This info should give you an idea of when you might likely get a feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dadsonade7: 1:27am On Aug 30, 2022
Please Gurus in the house,i need an enlightenment.I apply for UK tourist visa alone in 2019,although i declared my married status as being married with 3 chuldren then.

However,the marriage has since been dissolved in court last year while the Children stays with her and i married a new wife January this year 2022.

Now my new wife is willing to do her Msc in UK come January 2023 and i wish to apply along with her as her husband.

My concern and worry is my 2019 status.Although i have the divorce certificate of my former wife handy, and my wedding certificate to my new wife.

I hope am good to go along with her since i have every evidence to show my new staus

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by esdajo: 6:38am On Aug 30, 2022
Good mornign everyone,

So we got a refusal email last Wednesday, August 24 and we intend to reapply immediately. However, we are yet to receive the passport collection emails as of today August 30. Should we just to to TLS Ikeja to check if the passports are there already as we don't want to pay another visa fee when we havent received the passports. We are also trying to book on time so as to get a biometrics submission date in September since it takes an average of 9 weeks for standard visitors' visa applications to be processed and the trip is for this Christmas. How best do we go about this? Any suggestion(s) would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seanaddy(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Good morning elders in the house, it's my first time coming here. Pls, I need honest and professional opinions on this matter.

I just made up my mind this year about relocating to the UK, I have families in the UK that bear the same surname as mine (My Grandfather now late migrated many years ago and remarried an English woman there). He mainly had sons and one is a retired British Army officer (the one whom I'm close to in communication). My uncle, is willing to help with an invitation for Family Visa and already asked me to send a draft so he can work on it and submit it but I am really sensing he's not willing to be in any way financially obligated to cater for me which is not a problem cos I have lots of other contacts that can sort that, now the question is this, will it be easier and cheaper going as a dependant to my girlfriend who is currently seeking admission towards next year or I should go with my Uncle's invite.

Also cos I am new to this I don't know how to come up with writing the invite, if I am writing it the same way I should for a visitation which specifically states the proposed date of entry and exit or it can be written as a means of settlement based on the relationship.

I read on the UK visa website that a family visa applicant with strong ties as British citizens can have unlimited stay and permanent residence (the whole thing is confusing, to be honest).

Also, if I decide to go with a regular visit is it possible to change my visa status or extend it while over there before it expires?

Thanks to all of you for your support and wise guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bryanbella(f): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Please how many centers can one do TB test in Lagos?? Is it only iom? Cause am seeing 2 other locations on UK.gov website. Have anyone used the other 2?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2022
Bryanbella:
Please how many centers can one do TB test in Lagos?? Is it only iom? Cause am seeing 2 other locations on UK.gov website. Have anyone used the other 2?

Yes you can also do it at the new Q-Life VI Centre which was recently opened

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2022
esdajo:
Good mornign everyone,

So we got a refusal email last Wednesday, August 24 and we intend to reapply immediately. However, we are yet to receive the passport collection emails as of today August 30. Should we just to to TLS Ikeja to check if the passports are there already as we don't want to pay another visa fee when we havent received the passports. We are also trying to book on time so as to get a biometrics submission date in September since it takes an average of 9 weeks for standard visitors' visa applications to be processed and the trip is for this Christmas. How best do we go about this? Any suggestion(s) would be appreciated.

If you have already received refusal mail on the 24th of August then you can anticipate and book your another appointment around the middle of September I’m sure you would’ve have been able to pick your passport before then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2022
surplusbaba:
Got this refusal just now. Although it self explanatory but Can someone please advice the way forward? I need to know the best time to reapply. Thanks

Is this abuja centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Bryanbella:
this information seems outdated … for one the tb test is now 57,800 adults and 23120 children and not what is quoted there. Ask on the student thread as they frequently do tb tests.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by viqueta136: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2022
So long there’s a document to show that you are divorced, no problem at all
dadsonade7:
Please Gurus in the house,i need an enlightenment.I apply for UK tourist visa alone in 2019,although i declared my married status as being married with 3 chuldren then.

However,the marriage has since been dissolved in court last year while the Children stays with her and i married a new wife January this year 2022.

Now my new wife is willing to do her Msc in UK come January 2023 and i wish to apply along with her as her husband.

My concern and worry is my 2019 status.Although i have the divorce certificate of my former wife handy, and my wedding certificate to my new wife.

I hope am good to go along with her since i have every evidence to show my new staus

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2022
Better go as a dependant

seanaddy:
Good morning elders in the house, it's my first time coming here. Pls, I need honest and professional opinions on this matter.

I just made up my mind this year about relocating to the UK, I have families in the UK that bear the same surname as mine (My Grandfather now late migrated many years ago and remarried an English woman there). He mainly had sons and one is a retired British Army officer (the one whom I'm close to in communication). My uncle, is willing to help with an invitation for Family Visa and already asked me to send a draft so he can work on it and submit it but I am really sensing he's not willing to be in any way financially obligated to cater for me which is not a problem cos I have lots of other contacts that can sort that, now the question is this, will it be easier and cheaper going as a dependant to my girlfriend who is currently seeking admission towards next year or I should go with my Uncle's invite.

Also cos I am new to this I don't know how to come up with writing the invite, if I am writing it the same way I should for a visitation which specifically states the proposed date of entry and exit or it can be written as a means of settlement based on the relationship.

I read on the UK visa website that a family visa applicant with strong ties as British citizens can have unlimited stay and permanent residence (the whole thing is confusing, to be honest).

Also, if I decide to go with a regular visit is it possible to change my visa status or extend it while over there before it expires?

Thanks to all of you for your support and wise guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donshegzy: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2022
Hello, I sent you an email.
Phebeana:

I have done that since on the 15th and a followup day 3 days ago.

Or is this sitel enquiry diiferent

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51