Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836067 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
viqueta136:
Hello Guys,I had my biometrics on the 11th of last month at Abuja for a spousal visa which is supposed to take 15 WD for a decision to be made.
Today is the 16th day, do I need to send a paid email or do you guys sugest I still hold on a little?
no standard spousal visa takes 15 WD.. your visa category is on your form very clearly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by viqueta136: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
@korede1016, did thesame type of Visa category as myself and his own took exactly 15WD, I know of another person that is not on this platform. I pray my own case would be different as well.
giselle237:
no standard spousal visa takes 15 WD.. your visa category is on your form very clearly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GildedButterfly: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good day everyone, Please I just need to ask a question. I just became a British Citizen through my Father. I am married and reside in Nigeria with my spouse and children. I still have a valid uk visit visa in my Nigerian passport. My Spouse's Uk visit visa has expired. Can my spouse still apply for a UK visit visa. We do not plan to move to the UK yet, but we want to go on a visit. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babs4all: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please which bank's card can I use to make payment for 6 months visa fee?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
viqueta136:
@korede1016, did thesame type of Visa category as myself and his own took exactly 15WD, I know of another person that is not on this platform. I pray my own case would be different as well.
i will explain the timeline. .. you applied for dependent visa as your partner is on a temporary visa in the UK. As long as your partner is not a British citizen or person with ILR, you did not apply for spouse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
babs4all:
Please which bank's card can I use to make payment for 6 months visa fee?
providus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ceocards(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Today makes it 8weeks and 4days I did my biometric on the July 6. I paid for email now waiting for feedback from them

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sethtsadopp: 2:24am On Sep 03, 2022
Please I have a few questions about PTA.
Most banks, I have read that Travel date must be within the next 2 weeks, meaning travel date not more than 14 days from PTA purchase date.

1. Does this mean I have to wait 2 weeks to my travel date to apply? But I have heard that it takes several weeks to get it, so doesn't that mean my travel date will arrive before I'm able to get the PTA?

2. Secondly, if it happens that way and travel date comes before I get the PTA, will I still get it?

3. I have GTB, ACCESS, STANBIC, STERLING and UBA. Is there any of these that is best to use to get PTA faster or the bank doesn't really matter.

4. Lastly, on the average, how long does it generally take now to get PTA. Trip is to Singapore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:54am On Sep 03, 2022
Dnt wait. Fill the form on the trade systems portal and then go to the bank branch you choose eith copies of your documents.
Look for the bank and branch that will be the easisets for you- a bank that you know someone who csn facilitate it is even better as these days they are hoarding it.
sethtsadopp:
Please I have a few questions about PTA.
Most banks, I have read that Travel date must be within the next 2 weeks, meaning travel date not more than 14 days from PTA purchase date.
1. Does this mean I have to wait 2 weeks to my travel date to apply? But I have heard that it takes several weeks to get it, so doesn't that mean my travel date will arrive before I'm able to get the PTA?
2. Secondly, if it happens that way and travel date comes before I get the PTA, will I still get it?
3. I have GTB, ACCESS, STANBIC, STERLING and UBA. Is there any of these that is best to use to get PTA faster or the bank doesn't really matter.
4. Lastly, on the average, how long does it generally take now to get PTA. Trip is to Singapore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wakabouter: 3:12am On Sep 03, 2022
Updates post-moving to the UK.

The japa journey is beyond crossing the Mediterranean Sea and landing in the UK.
The end goal is to get all the benefits of the land and ultimately get a permanent stay. Throughout the whole process don't undermine the importance of building your credit score. Higher scores will help you get better insurance rates, mortgages, etc.

If you are new to the UK, you won’t have a credit score.
Unfortunately, it won’t make any difference if you had a wonderful financial record back in Nigeria because in the UK you are starting from scratch.
The good news is you can do a lot of things that can help you build a great credit score.

There are two important things you need to understand: getting a credit card and Improving your credit score.

Getting a credit card.
Before you can get a credit card, you should have a verifiable name. This means getting your name and records into the system.
Here are a few tips for that.
i. Get on the electoral register. This is basically registering to vote, and it makes it easy to link an address to your name. Visit https://www.gov.uk/electoral-register
ii. Get a cheap Sim-Only contract like O2, Virgin, EE, etc. rather than PAYG like Lebara or Lyca.
iii. Apply for a provisional driver's licence (if you have spent 6 months in the UK).
iv. Get your name on a utility bill: gas, electricity, internet...
All these are very easy ways of getting your name and record in the system.
You can use easy credit card providers like
Capital One: A quick check will be run to see if you are eligible. https://quickcheck.capitalone.co.uk
Amex: The check is less stressful and usually quicker, bonus points are also awarded which can be redeemed later. https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLUWAAjezk?XL=MIMNS
Store cards. Stores like Tesco, Argos, etc. issue credit cards for customers with no history.

Improving credit score
Using a real-life scenario, my score goes up every time and here is the summary of the reasons as stated on my record.

What's affected your score this month?
i. Your score has gone up because you've been on the electoral register at your current address for a longer time.
ii. Your score has gone up because you now have active revolving credit accounts, such as credit cards.
iii. Your score has gone up because you're using a reasonable amount of your available credit.

**You can also improve your record by manually reporting your rent using services like creditladder.

Some banks like Lloyds will show you what your credit score is on the app.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Henrysnow1: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2022
Is it OK if I buy Ethiopian Airlines ticket transitting at Brussels or do I need a transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2022
How long does it take to get a refund, if u cancel your application before biometrics?

Cancelled since August 3 till now no refund. It's more than 28 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2022
Henrysnow1:
Is it OK if I buy Ethiopian Airlines ticket transitting at Brussels or do I need a transit visa?
u need transit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2022
Genlit33:
How long does it take to get a refund, if u cancel your application before biometrics?Cancelled since August 3 till now no refund. It's more than 28 days.
working days…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2022
Ok Thanks

giselle237:
working days…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2022
Please I need a genuine site to book flight and how can I make the flight flexible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sethtsadopp: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2022
giselle237:
Dnt wait. Fill the form on the trade systems portal and then go to the bank branch you choose eith copies of your documents.
Look for the bank and branch that will be the easisets for you- a bank that you know someone who csn facilitate it is even better as these days they are hoarding it.

Thanks so much for taking out time to reply. Just one more question please. My Visa is not yet ready and still being processed, but I have every other document including my flight ticket fully paid for. Can I still start it on the tradesystem platform pending when the visa is ready in about a week or so? My departure is September 26th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2022
Good morning my people
I need to know if Cambridge exam is for those applying for spouse visa. Is iELTS the same as Cambridge exam?? If they aren’t the same so which is best for spousal visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:10am On Sep 03, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Thanks so much for taking out time to reply. Just one more question please. My Visa is not yet ready and still being processed, but I have every other document including my flight ticket fully paid for. Can I still start it on the tradesystem platform pending when the visa is ready in about a week or so? My departure is September 26th.
no. Visa is part of requirements
Also upload data page of passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sethtsadopp: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2022
giselle237:
no. Visa is part of requirements
Also upload data page of passport

The Visa has to be uploaded on the tradesystem platform? The thing is Singapore Visa is e-visa and they don't stamp your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2022
sethtsadopp:

The Visa has to be uploaded on the tradesystem platform? The thing is Singapore Visa is e-visa and they don't stamp your passport.

Upload the e-visa you have. It should contain details of your travel documents that corresponds to the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2022
AHUPEACE:
Good morning my people
I need to know if Cambridge exam is for those applying for spouse visa. Is iELTS the same as Cambridge exam?? If they aren’t the same so which is best for spousal visa application?

Cambridge is one of the official bodies that conducts IELTS.
Similarly Cambridge offers English test where you could use for migrational purposes.
Which is best, depends on you, which you are able to achieve the required grade for your visa category.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2022
DFmum:
Please I need a genuine site to book flight and how can I make the flight flexible?

The airline official websites.
But if you are buying through agents, they also provide such options with additional cost.. make sure to put your request in in whichever case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abdulkabeer: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2022
Good morning great community
My friend has an appointment for Monday and he said he didn’t get the 72hrs and 48hrs reminder mail for TLS. But he can see the appointment still Monday when he logs on.
Hope he’s good to go?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2022
abdulkabeer:
Good morning great community
My friend has an appointment for Monday and he said he didn’t get the 72hrs and 48hrs reminder mail for TLS. But he can see the appointment still Monday when he logs on.
Hope he’s good to go? [b][/b]

Yes!!
Also he should check is junk,spam,promotion or social folders.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
Ayodelemi1:
Did my biometric March 29 @ TLS abuja
2 paid mail, still waiting for decision.
Student visa.
Lectures has started since March 19, 2022.
God take perfect control and manifest ur great work upon my visa to be approved.
Shalom!!!

Pls I want to understand some things. The UK biometric appointment, are they going to notice it immediately after uploading documents or they alert the date after some month. because I use an agent for my process since August 16, till this moment have not do my biometric. Have not gotten an appointment for my biometric.. the agent said it will take 2 month process to get the biometric date . So I don’t understand how is done. Kindly make me understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
giselle237:

Pls I want to understand some things. The UK biometric appointment, are they going to notice it immediately after uploading documents or they alert the date after some month. because I use an agent for my UK visa process since August 16, till this moment have not do my biometric. Have not gotten an appointment for my biometric date. the agent said it will take 2 month process to get the biometric date . So I don’t understand how is done. Kindly make me understand.
Pls anyone should let me understand this .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
Cristiano12:

Pls I want to understand some things. The UK biometric appointment, are they going to notice it immediately after uploading documents or they alert the date after some month. because I use an agent for my UK visa process since August 16, till this moment have not do my biometric. Have not gotten an appointment for my biometric date. the agent said it will take 2 month process to get the biometric date . So I don’t understand how is done. Kindly make me understand.
Pls anyone should let me understand this .
it doesn’t take 2 months to get biometrics date. Do you have the email address this agent says he has used to book and pay for the visa fees? Start from there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enuguguy: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
Pls if I apply for UK visa how long will it take for me to get biometric appointment and TB test in IOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
leef2022:

Cambridge is one of the official bodies that conducts IELTS.
Similarly Cambridge offers English test where you could use for migrational purposes.
Which is best, depends on you, which you are able to achieve the required grade for your visa category.

Okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abdulkabeer: 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
leef2022:

Yes!!
Also he should check is junk,spam,promotion or social folders.

Thank you boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.